Forum Settings
Forums
Poll: Dragon Ball Z Movie 02: The World's Strongest Episode 1 Discussion

Apr 23, 2011 5:58 PM

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I liked this more than film one. Still, for those who say that the films are better than the series, I must disagree. I have only seen the first two films as of yet, but the show is much better.

Anyway, I thought this film was only mediocore. Everyone tells me that the films get better as they go on, so I'm happy about that, although it may be a bit untill I see the next film...
Bum Bum Dum Dum

Apr 30, 2011 7:08 AM
Grim Anime Fan

nice movie 8/10 , but series ofc beter :P Next movie il watch i guess next week..

Nov 27, 2013 10:04 AM

Nice movie and indeed better than the first one, bit more epic action and a better enemy to deal with! Lets see what the next movie has to offer!

Dec 16, 2013 3:58 PM

Yeah this movie is better than the first one but not by much. I rated the first movie 5/10 and I'm rating this movie 5/10 too as it isn't good enough to reach 6/10. Sadly MAL doesn't have halfpoint scores. I'm going to copy what I posted about Kanzenshuu in the Dead Zone movie thread.

There's a list on Kanzenshuu that shows where each movie takes place and where you can watch them while watching DBZ despite the fact that all the DBZ movies technically take place in an alternate universe. http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=573

Jan 21, 2014 10:05 AM

Tyestor said:
I'm going to copy what I posted about Kanzenshuu in the Dead Zone movie thread.

Thanks, originally I wasn't going to read that thread

I've been wondering what happened to Nyoi-bo. I haven't seen it in the series for some time. The last time I remember is when it connected Karin Tower to Kami's Upper World (or Heavenly Realm as it has been translated in the DBZ) when Tenshinhan and the rest trained there in anticipation of Saiyans

And wee saw Turtle Hermit in action at last. Yes we've seen his power level reading on scouter that Bulma used, but as we all know, people's readings can be changed vastly, so I've been wondering how he would compare to the others at this moment of the time, but just as expected, he's far beyond already
Modified by Serhiyko, Apr 21, 2014 2:47 PM

Aug 2, 2014 8:04 PM
I watch this movie every year.

Jul 11, 2015 4:33 PM

Better than the first one but that's not saying much.
It somehow didn't give me that DBZ feeling mhm...best part about it was op & ed ;)

May 28, 2016 9:33 AM
Chocobo

Better than the first movie, more action packed which made it feel more like DBZ for me.

One of my favorites of this one was the Trio Kamehameha by Goku, Krillin and Master Roshi I believe it was. It was kinda short lived though since it didn't really have effect :/ Here's to hoping to another party attack at some point.

Going into this movie, based off the title I was thinking it was going to be about a martial arts tournament, still great nevertheless.

Jun 9, 2017 7:02 AM

Dr. Wheelo went against goku and whole world behind him, and world gave power to destroy him, living things, etc

Movie villains are interesting, but that last usually just 1 movie, shame.

"A half moon, it has a dark half and a bright half, just like me…"

Aug 3, 2017 12:43 PM

The beginning was great - atmospheric, creepy, and mysterious. It kinda dragged a bit as it went along; this movie could have been 10 mins shorter. I do like that we see more of the cast here than the first one. The shot of Krillin running from the gatling gun was killer.

Mar 17, 7:04 AM

Another fantastic film! Seriously.. does Krillin ever catch a damn break :)?

What DBZ always did great was set up a realistic atmosphere. The creators of the show always seem to let the kicks/punches/screams/talking play out instead of having music playing in the background during particular scenes. Also, I forgot how cool and wholesome of a dude Goku was!

With the limited clips of subs I'd see back in the day, I always thought the voice actress that played Goku never fit to the character (I still do think that way a little), but when it comes to fight scenes, she does an amazing job and is spot on! I will say Gohan was slightly annoying in this, but he made up for it in the end.