Forum Settings
Forums

That One Series You Love But Everyone Else...

New
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Jun 27, 2011 1:27 PM

Aug 2009
Kimi ga Aruji de Shitsuji ga Ore de (not badly rated. Just doesn't get much attention), Golden Boy (Older, so I don't know many people who know it), and Seitokai no Ichizon (Same reason as the first one) I found to be very good, but they are usually not payed a large amount of attention to.
Jun 27, 2011 9:28 PM

Jun 2011
Earth Maiden Arjuna, not a lot people know about it and comments it usually gets is "This could have been amazing."
It is amazing in my opinion. D:
Jun 28, 2011 7:46 AM

Sep 2010
Possibly, Fireball and Fireball Charming. Those short, cheeky jokes and short pauses from Drossel makes me laugh all the time I watch it.

Hen Zemi is good too, in my opinion. I love the perverted jokes for perverted people. I love how each character were made "crazy" in their own ways.
Jun 28, 2011 1:44 PM

Dec 2009
One of the most amazing anime I have ever seen, and the best sci-fi for me - This Ugly yet Beautiful World.
This anime is way too underrated, for unknown to me reasons, and yet the story is so good and the animation is also really nice!
Jun 28, 2011 6:00 PM

May 2011
I'll throw out Gantz, it's a love it or hate it type anime.

I also liked Dragonaut which earned me a hate mail for "Not watching enough Anime to see it was so unorigional" lol
Jun 28, 2011 11:05 PM

Apr 2011
Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
Its a great series in its content, though appears less comprehensible than usual.
Jun 29, 2011 6:06 AM

Oct 2008
Anime that I love but most others don't seem to care for are...

~ Kekkaishi
~ Shingetsutan Tsukihime
~ Scrapped Princess
~ Noir

I wish there was an anime that I loved that most others hated. That would be kind of cool. But it doesn't seem like I have one like that.
Jun 29, 2011 9:42 AM
May 2011
memeki said:
RahXephon. It's not too-too bad rating-wise on this site, but ask a random person on the internet about it, and if they've even heard of it, 9 times out of 10 you'll hear it called that (sh*tty) Eva clone (never mind that NGE dealt more with psychology, while RahXephon was more romance-heavy). I get that it borrowed from Evangelion... but it had other things going for that made it worth watching, you know, and it's a shame that it's never brought up separately from its sister series.
they were the same freaking writer thats why it borrowed from nge, plus at least rahXephon actually had a plot that didnt just throw in random plot points that get no answer, plus the ending didnt make you go wtf it made you go, NOOOOOO cause proboly every one of your favorite charecters died
Jun 29, 2011 9:51 AM

Mar 2011
Umineko no naku koro ni. I like it, but everyone else seems to deem it as a "stupid, confusing train wreck".
Jun 29, 2011 10:16 AM

Jan 2008
Edefrem said:
Umineko no naku koro ni. I like it, but everyone else seems to deem it as a "stupid, confusing train wreck".

It is a stupid, confusing trainwreck, but that's what makes it so damn good. It's one of those things that falls into 'so bad it's good' territory.
Jun 29, 2011 2:53 PM

Feb 2011
Inuyasha :D
Seems everyone else hates it.
Jun 29, 2011 3:28 PM
Jul 2010
Persona Trinity Souls and Ga Rei Zero deserves a mention i suppose. Not heard much good about either, atleast Persona has gotten a lot of critisism.
Tremble before my Darkness!
Jul 2, 2011 11:35 AM
Oct 2010
Hmmm does Kimi Kiss: Pure Rouge count? if so that would be it. Other than that I cant think of any right now.
Jul 25, 2011 7:41 AM

Apr 2011
Star Driver
Well, I actually do realise it's quite bad. But I just can't bring myself to hate all of that faaaaabulous homolust
Jul 25, 2011 7:53 AM

May 2009
Mobile Suit Gundam 00: A Wakening of the Trailblazer

"Hurr, aliens and giant space flower of peace."
Jul 25, 2011 10:54 AM

Nov 2010
I would have to say

Code Geass and Gintama
I AM THE GREAT PRUSSIA AND I AM AWESOME!!!!

Jul 25, 2011 1:07 PM

Apr 2011
Oretachi ni Tsubasa wa Nai
Jul 25, 2011 1:23 PM

Jan 2011
For me...
School Days - those I've discussed it with so far finds out that there's actually more to it than the last scenes of the last episode.

Seitokai no Ichizon - well executed short random anime that I think fell through the cracks during its release. Waiting for season 2.

Noir - Not saying ahead of its time when released by alot, but still impressive than most stories even now.

But that's just my opinion, it will differ from others.
Jul 25, 2011 7:04 PM

Jul 2011
Kampfer.
It just makes me laugh and it's fun to watch =)
~ Get chance and luck! ~
Jul 25, 2011 8:47 PM

May 2011
07-Ghost

Seitokai Yakuidomo

Shinryaku! Ika Musume
Jul 25, 2011 8:56 PM
Feb 2010
WTF, I dont understand this topic, there are a lot of very very popular mainstream anime on it, how come you guys say that no one cares for them?
Jul 25, 2011 11:37 PM
Jul 2011
Oreimo and Elfen Lied
Jul 26, 2011 12:42 AM

Aug 2010
qualeshia3 said:
I would have to say

Code Geass and Gintama

2 of the top 3 and 4 of the top 12 anime on the site, indeed evrybody hates those.

I can't believe this thread has 12 pages of replies.
Jul 26, 2011 2:14 AM

Nov 2010
maria holic - everyone i know hates it for some reason.
Jul 26, 2011 6:52 AM

Jun 2011
The Gundam franchise.... I just like the combination of politics, war, and giant robots.

Jul 26, 2011 6:58 AM

Mar 2009
Windaria is probably the most underrated anime I've watched so far. And although Noir and Boogiepop Phantom are somewhat known, people don't seem to like them so much. Also School Days was great.
Signature? I ain't got no signature! I don't need no signature! I don't have to show you any stinkin' signature!
Jul 26, 2011 9:16 AM
Sep 2009
Love Maria+Holic, everyone thinks its crude though...

A lot of people though Xam'd was boring, but I was hooked completely from the start and couldn't stop watching.
Jul 26, 2011 10:15 PM

Mar 2009
Sengoku Basara. No one gives a damn about it in the West. :( FANGIRLING BY MYSELF.
Jul 28, 2011 1:38 PM

Jan 2009
KeiranShikari said:
qualeshia3 said:
I would have to say

Code Geass and Gintama

2 of the top 3 and 4 of the top 12 anime on the site, indeed evrybody hates those

The "Top Anime" is just another way of saying, "Anime everybody hates"

Anyway, I liked School Days, Kampfer, and Seitokai Yakuindomo for me.
Jul 28, 2011 2:02 PM

Nov 2010
Queen_Stars said:
Hare and Guu didn't get a lot of attention; from the potential viewing audience or broadcasters.
It's one of the few series's I gave a 10 to, and the first obscure comedy anime I have truly enjoyed.

Lucky enough I got the series from a friend of mine, ages ago, I still think it's the best comedy anime I've ever seen.
Jul 28, 2011 3:27 PM

Jun 2010
Quite a few people I know find Gunslinger Girl really boring, but I've always liked that series quite a bit.
Jul 28, 2011 3:45 PM

Sep 2010
School days can be added to this list of mine that is scattered over 12 pages
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 28, 2011 7:02 PM

Jun 2011
Telesis said:
Monster- its usually rated high by everyone who watches it such as myself but sadly not many have seen it.

Gantz- most people hate it for the gore, sex, and morals it tries to push on you. But it was still really entertaining and I think it had the right amount of everything. Still not many have seen it.

Champloo- I know its popular but its always overshadowed by Bebop. I personally liked champloo more though

Pretty much the shows telesis stated. I do like Bebop better though. Liked gantz the anime and still follow the manga to this day.
Jul 30, 2011 7:40 PM

Jun 2007
Glad I didn't make a thread - nearly missed this when glancing through the first 10 pages of the anime sub-forum to check.

Blade of the Immortal:

In episode one, Manji's sister gets slashed, instead of cut into three pieces, for censorship reasons (...which made no sense when limbs are removed, later). And in episode three, Manji gets slashed instead of being cut in half (...).

There were also some BAD music choices in the first half of the series (there weren't many/any in the last half), too. Another issue worth noting is that the fight with Kuroi was ruined by lifeless filler designed to make it fit. But there aren't any other flaws of note, aside from it ending in a 'GO READ THE MANGA!' kind of way. In fact, it followed the manga so faithfully that, when reading it after the anime got me interested, I felt like I was re-reading it.

Before I'd read the manga, I thought the anime was in the 7-8/10 range. I lowered my rating to 7/10 because of the ending. However, after reading the manga, seeing how the anime NAILED most of the content, starting with Maki's introduction arc, made me raise my rating to 8/10. Ignoring Samura's sketchy, pencil shaded style, the characters looked as attractive as they do in the manga; the animators doing a wonderful job of copying. And, as an adaptation, it didn't miss a beat after some early scares.

The issues people have with the action lie with Samura: his action not being easy to follow and often stopping for chit-chat. It looks good when frozen and worth double-page finishing move spreads but doesn't last as long, or have the same feel, away from the pages it was created on. I wasn't fussed because BotI is more of a character-driven drama where the fights are exciting because of what's at stake, rather than it being thrilling purely because of the fights. (And Maki's fight was good, anyhow.)

It's deserving of a higher average than 7/10; the limit for 'good' titles, by MAL's standards. Even the music, which is often bashed, isn't bad--there are many good tracks included. It's just, some tracks don't fit and the selection was off.
Jul 30, 2011 8:36 PM

Jan 2009
Just looked through my list and saw a good one: Dragonaut: The Resonance. I actually liked that show and then I read the reviews and saw comments and everyone else hated it.. -_-
Jul 30, 2011 9:52 PM

Nov 2009
Wangan Midnight...
this was a psychologically and philosophically deep anime, from a such technically-inclined motor racing genre, that made a hook into my liking.

Oh and it was a very loyal adaptation from the manga, yet the anime majority didn't notice it, and still let initial d alone to be their preference as the "only" accurate car-oriented genre anime out there...

Jul 31, 2011 5:16 PM

Jan 2011
Vampire Knight the first season XD
I gave it a 9. I thought the first season was awesome!!
(The average score for it is 7.9)

(the second season on the other hand was stupid as hell in my opinion but it has a higher average score than the first season)
Jul 31, 2011 5:19 PM

Nov 2009
As of recently, i have to add Seitokai Yakuindomo to the list.
I think it was funny, but everyone i know just keems hating.
Well, haters gonna hate.
Jul 31, 2011 5:22 PM

Mar 2010
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni. Funimation dropped after saying they were losing sales. D:
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

» which antagonist is your fave and which one you cannot JUST TAKE SERIOUSLY ?

ame - 1 hour ago

9 by Vendicator »»
8 minutes ago

» Women tend to have superior anime preferences compared to men? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

84 by BilboBaggins365 »»
9 minutes ago

» what's the worst anime you've watched and what exactly was the worst part of it ? ( 1 2 )

ame - Apr 7

59 by Bruh69XD »»
13 minutes ago

» Do you watch anything else besides anime? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 21

81 by BilboBaggins365 »»
16 minutes ago

» Characters you like but everyone else hates. ( 1 2 )

Spunkert - May 17, 2023

50 by Bruh69XD »»
20 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.