Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jan 13, 2010 2:18 PM

Jan 2010
I don't know if my heart can take that much cuteness.
Jan 13, 2010 6:10 PM

Jan 2008
tomin said:
4kicks said:
d'awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

4kicks said:
d'awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

4kicks said:
d'awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

4kicks said:
d'awwwwwwwww
That was exactly 4 kicks, no less. Nice.

funny thing was that it was done unintentionally...this was when mal was undergoing maintenance/updates and wouldn't let me post anything, including updating my list whatsoever no matter what I tried. It was fixed in the end...albeit still a little screwy.
Jan 13, 2010 6:36 PM

Mar 2008
felo said:
best part right here

qft, added that pic to Hiiragi's character pictures page.

I really hope Hii-chan gets a lot of screen time next episode.

Jan 13, 2010 7:01 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
This is ridiculously funny/cute but wrong at the same. I'm glad that it's much more innocent than Kodomo no Jikan. Then again, the girls are even younger -_-

Other than the sometimes disturbing pedo innuendos that is actually pretty creepy, this is the cutest anime of this year (last year was Chi) Then again, this is nothing compared to Kodomo no Jikan....

The girls are so "blobbish" they look like pets... :/ WHAT HAVE YOU DONE, JAPAN?
wakka9caJan 13, 2010 7:04 PM
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jan 13, 2010 10:47 PM

Jul 2006
wakka9ca said:
Then again, the girls are even younger -_-

I made this prediction on another forum, and might as well make it here.

Japan will eventually get tired over girls getting younger, which will mean grandmas will be the next big moe thing.

Believe it. There's already a few moe grandmas out there.

I remember when moe shows had like the token loli girl. Now lolis are getting their own shows. Grandmas have been slowly going through the same thing. So expect Obaa-san no Jikan within the next decade.

.... or we will have a series about fetus' . Whatever comes first.

Jan 14, 2010 3:21 AM

Dec 2009
BTW all of them seem to be only kneehigh, about 45cm?
Jan 14, 2010 5:18 AM

Mar 2009
kisami said:
its kodomo no jikan without the innuendo and dirt. it was pretty nice to watch.

Thinking the same thing.

Jan 14, 2010 8:03 AM

Mar 2009
seriously the beginning is so funny. Art is super cute as well. Can't stop laughing from that little girl saying that guy "hit" on her. roflomg!
K-ON v1.1 ... Please leave you comments on my profile! ^_^
Jan 14, 2010 8:33 AM

Apr 2009
DAMN........GREAAAAAATT.........!!!!!!!

Anzu-chan.....marry me please......!!!!

X3

well...
i think japan want some sensation....

because all "sliced of life" anime usually...use a teenager for the main chara..
but this one is different....
use a kindergartener....!!!

hyaaaaa...

^///^v
Jan 15, 2010 5:58 AM

Jul 2009
A bit wrong, but an enjoyable first episode with plenty of characters.

Hopefully this can be pulled off right. I imagine the idea was similar to that of KyoAni and K-On! and Gainax decided to take a fairly unpopular manga and see how it works in the animated world.

I say that mainly because this is something I wouldn't expect from Gainax.
They could so easily cock this one up.

I will continue following this through until the end though, unless we get a sacred blacksmith and they repeat the same jokes every episode (Boob jokes in blacksmith, pedo jokes in Hanamaru). It isn't funny the 3rd time, never mind the 10th.

EDIT: Over 9000 no doubt.
Jan 15, 2010 10:50 AM

Oct 2008
So awesome. Was kinda expecting some issues for some reason(Probably because of Kodomo no Jikan)
But there wasnt and not made me worried about some drama :)

Gonna enjoy this anime alot

5/5 for episode 1 and looking forward to more! :)
Sent with Mal Updater
じーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーっ
Jan 15, 2010 3:27 PM

Apr 2008
..wtf did i just watch
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 15, 2010 3:54 PM

Feb 2009
There are many things wrong with the idea of this show but it is presented in a very cute way. Not my cup of tea I guess.

Jan 15, 2010 8:59 PM

Apr 2008
Anzu reminds me of the main guy from hikaru no go ><

Jan 15, 2010 9:36 PM

Dec 2008
It´s a shame that there aren´t so many spanish fansubs for this show, and there are alot for shit like chu-bra or sora no woto ¬¬

Hanamaru is a very good show I loved :D and it´s the best thing I watched from this season for far, I watch this episode 3 times just cuz it´s a awsome show and I need to clean my eyes after watch that shit of chu bra and sora no woto :D
Jan 16, 2010 4:07 AM

Jan 2009
Oh my god....this show.....it freaking bleeds cuteness. O_O

I......I WANT TO HUG IT!
Jan 16, 2010 12:49 PM

Aug 2008
ummyeah said:
..wtf did i just watch

ONLY THE GREATEST SHOW EVER!

Couldn't even watch it through all the way without having a seizure. Its like getting pelted in the face with marshmallows and adorableness!

Jan 16, 2010 2:26 PM

Sep 2008
hahaha omoshiroi!! kodomo no jikan chibi version :D
i think im gonna love (more) this anime
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Jan 17, 2010 7:32 AM

Oct 2007
Hopefully I won't die from overload before this series ended.

wakka9ca said:
This is ridiculously funny/cute but wrong at the same. I'm glad that it's much more innocent than Kodomo no Jikan. Then again, the girls are even younger -_-

Other than the sometimes disturbing pedo innuendos that is actually pretty creepy, this is the cutest anime of this year (last year was Chi) Then again, this is nothing compared to Kodomo no Jikan....

The girls are so "blobbish" they look like pets... :/ WHAT HAVE YOU DONE, JAPAN?
And this.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Jan 17, 2010 4:03 PM

Jun 2008
OK, what the hell is the big deal about this anime? It's alright, but I don't see what the gushing praise is all about, like it's the next coming of Anime Jesus.

It's almost like you people have never seen an anime with stumpy characters doing cute things (I have... a thousand times).
Jan 17, 2010 8:38 PM

Jul 2008
Fuck, my cute-meter just broke.
Jan 17, 2010 11:16 PM
Feb 2009
such overload of blob-cuteness ♥
Jan 18, 2010 1:04 AM

May 2009
Episode was cute... I am loving it how it goes, we will see what will happen in the end.
Anzu-chan's okasan was looking good! She is a bit crazy to let kid thinks like she will end up with Tsuchi... and she lets Tsuchi a thought, um does she really mean that?
Well for now I am downloading ep 2, cant wait to watch it!
The only thing that I dislike is that tons of u put score without watching it and even after ep 1 that cant be determined... I would quit on this anime, but its just too cute!
btw 12 eps is so little need MORE!
Jan 18, 2010 6:17 AM

Oct 2009
OK Anzu is pretty cute, Tsuchida is clumsy late/a gamer and complete moron for making Anzu think that he flirts with her but that is just a bad perception of Anzu. Tsuchida's charm of comedy comes from those qualities. The director looks like a pleasant old lady and the best in terms of adults is Yamamoto=>
now that I will marry but I have Sawako :P Now Koume is the shy type and I can see that but Hiiragi looks the be smart one/mature with a cute side. So there is a peach, a sakura, a sunflower and tulip class huh? Interesting names. Anzu is sure brave to declare Tsuchida was flirting with her but all seem to assume it is being violent with her and the reaction of Tsuchida was just a big rofl with a facepalm=>
....good thing he cleared it up. Now Anzu was sure brave for getting that ribbon but at least she got rescued fine by Tsuchida and made friends with Koume. The introductions of each house was interesting with Hiiragi being the most to me=>
simply the house is overgrown with vegetation but from what it looks inside it's full of intelligence let's just say. Now the disturbing part...Teacher getting student pregnant and marrying after? WITW? I know in Japan it's ok as young as 14 but this is just weird you know student/teacher and I never really felt ok with it in any anime but then again Europe has other standards regardless Sakura's past with Tsuchida sure made Anzu love tsuchi but it's childish....I am sure it will mature but now it's a plain joke. Easily the best part that was funny is Anzu declaring being a bride of Tsuchi...rofl=> Family blessing? Rofl yeah right at this age=>
Interesting past of Sakura/Tsuchida=>
Now the house of Koume does look interesting and her family looks to be rich or at least middle class and father looks plain=>
Anzu's family on the other hand looks to be happy and maybe not too rich but still happy=>
On the other hand Tsuchida is sure poor more so than Anzu's family=>
Overall probably the most innocent cute anime ever seen by me with a kindergarten setting.
LoliLoverJustice said:
GREATEST ANIME EVER MADE!!!!
I would say cutest anime ever made.
desolato said:
I wish my school used to be an apple too.
I wish the kids were as nice, some were very mean.
HawthorneKitty said:
Was I supposed to feel that somber feeling with the flashback? There was some part of me that wished that Sakura ended up with Tsuchi, but they seemed so unfit for each other...then if Anzu is the same as her mother...Wait a second why am I thinking such things with such an adorable anime?
No you got it wrong! It's Tsuchida x Yamamoto!
Detective said:
OH GOD BEST NEW SHOW THIS SEASON.

Not moe not pedo - cute.

cutecutecutecutecutecutecute

perfection
That is exactly what I was thinking but add the little dirty jokes with a light comedy in them.
Laevantein said:
Lol they have Anzu's family blessing XD
Well it's introduction episode, not much comedy so far, but yeah that was too cute, same with me i get a bitter feeling on Tsuchi and Sakura not to be together, but he has Anzu now XD..no wait oh shi+

Lol at the poll..XD
No Tsuchida can have Yamamoto I tell you!
tehnominator said:
Nice anime. It's probably the only anime that I ever saw make implied unethical student/teacher affairs, and fanservice seem so adorable.
Now fan service is virtually non existent here but student/teacher made me rather uncomfortable for some reason but it was for a short time.
francismeunierJan 18, 2010 6:31 AM

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Jan 19, 2010 9:30 PM

Aug 2008
HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGH
Jan 21, 2010 10:49 PM

Nov 2007
this was more enjoyable than I ever expected

http://gamesmind.wordpress.com/2010/01/22/hanamru-youchien-01-kids-grow-up-too-fast/

good anime incoming
Jan 26, 2010 9:55 AM

May 2008
Too fucking cute, aside from that, it was a pretty good episode.
Jan 26, 2010 10:03 AM

May 2008
Oh look, it's Potemayo season 2.
I don't think anyone in my country would bat an eye at a man teaching kindergarden.

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Jan 26, 2010 6:28 PM

Aug 2008
Very good! Totally kawaii!!
Feb 7, 2010 7:14 PM

Jun 2009
Talk about cute!
Don't know if I'll keep watching though....
Feb 11, 2010 10:54 PM
Dec 2009
so innocent x3
Feb 12, 2010 11:04 AM

Aug 2008
I'm not sure how I feel about her saying that the child and the teacher are only 10 years apart in age?
Feb 13, 2010 12:27 PM
Jul 2018
This was indefinitely adorable. The first few minutes were absolutely incredible.
Recently children know too many unnecessary things due to TV and such, so did Anzu when implying Tsuchida wanted to hit on her :D
I also like the exaggeratedly small size the kids have, and how Anzu's first exploration at kindergarden showed how big the world looks from a small child's view. The kids being just 30 cm tall does also work in showing the gap between young adults and young children.

What I absolutely disagree with, is that a lot of people only shout Lolicon (or even pedophile, which is totally wrong) at this. The setting is similar to Kodomo no Jikan, but the implementating is different. Here, Anzu's "I want to become your bride" is a naive children's saying - Rin from Kojika focuses mainly on sexual attraction in an ecchi manner. I mean, who can be attracted by such small pampers wearing plushies? :)
What disturbed me a lot more was Anzu's mother, Sakura-senpai's story. She married her arts teacher and was going to have a child with him while still at high school. This is just a no-go, please go and die -.-
(But I have to admit it was funny how she explained Tsucchi that the age gap will relativize soon lol)
Mar 5, 2010 9:37 PM

Jun 2008
Awww that was really cute, not to mention that there is a marriage already happening, so funny. Anzu certainly is a go-getter. This series is too adorable for words. ^_^
Mar 15, 2010 9:29 AM

Aug 2008
The ending is really well-done. The only thing I would complain about is that Koume doesn't get as many scenes in the ED - one shot of her being a sleeping beauty and that was it.

Now if only kids in real life are as cute as these three..
Mar 27, 2010 5:54 PM

Jun 2009
CUTEST ANIME EVER MADE!! =)

I've never watch this kind of genre, eventually my very 1st, but for the 1st seconds of this episode I've noticed that I'm starting to like it esp. the part where Tsuchinada COME TO Anzu.. and the ceremony, they're so cute
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Mar 26, 2011 4:15 PM

Mar 2011
darkerealm said:
The ending is really well-done. The only thing I would complain about is that Koume doesn't get as many scenes in the ED - one shot of her being a sleeping beauty and that was it.

Now if only kids in real life are as cute as these three..

For me so ED seem silly....

/cast summon captain obvious!!!
Apr 20, 2011 10:49 PM

Feb 2008
there's something seriously wrong with Anzu's mother ;)
Apr 21, 2011 1:34 PM

May 2008
reset the poll

I am a banana.
May 1, 2011 6:28 PM
Jul 2018
wtf did i just watch
Jun 14, 2011 2:02 AM

Jun 2011
I have a feeling this is gonna be a very cute anime.
Jun 21, 2011 11:52 AM

Nov 2009
TOO CUTE! When i first saw this i was like "What is this?! So cute!" but yeah i wish i were like her when i was young =D But no i was shy like that other chick
Jul 18, 2011 3:44 PM

Jan 2010
Adorable, light, and makes me smile. <3
May 20, 2013 9:54 AM

Jun 2012
HNNNNNNGGG

My penis will enjoy this.
Jun 17, 2013 9:54 PM

Nov 2011
Anzuuuuuuuuuuuu. HHHHHGGG she is cute.

"Kindergarten is cool!"
Too bad I barely remember of it from my childhood lul

I took many cute screenshots from this episode. This is just too kawaii. CUTE/5.
Nice catch btw. Right on time.
Aug 15, 2013 4:23 PM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
1. Anzu mom banged her art teacher during high school already..
2. Somehow they happily married w/o problems
3. Tsuchida and Sakura had weird relation during high school o.o They were friends though if feels off
4. Anime made me laugh even not at funny moments.. that art style just makes me laugh.. freaking adorable.
5. Though anime makes me depressed at the same time o.o
6. Well.. this anime is giving me complex feelings..

Love it so far
Oct 20, 2013 11:06 AM

Apr 2012
Might be too cute for me! Quite funny in parts though.
Dec 2, 2013 1:47 PM

May 2012
KAWAII!!! Really this is so damn lovely :3 loved everything from point zero to the end! Especially enjoyed the lovely ED! This is going to be such a lovely anime!
Mar 23, 2014 6:52 AM

Jan 2009
1. Characters are interesting, especially tsuchida x sakura since they know each other since high school

2. Tsuchida is awesome; Eating ramen & playing playstation like a boss

3. Not fond of the chibi design, but it'll grow on me.

4. Really going to enjoy this 1. should've given this series a chance 4 years ago

8/10
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
Sep 20, 2014 9:19 AM
Mar 2008
This anime could be a lot better with more realistic looking kids, no stupid kid pursing adult thing, and with kids who actually acted their age instead of weird looking 12 year olds. No kindergartner ever acts like that boy was acting. It was really jarring.

Now though, the relationship jokes make me uncomfortable and the kids look weird so it's not very cute.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hanamaru Youchien Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

garfield15 - Mar 28, 2010

118 by ShinXShinra »»
Jan 16, 10:09 AM

Poll: » Hanamaru Youchien Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

garfield15 - Mar 21, 2010

56 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Aug 26, 2023 3:03 PM

Poll: » Hanamaru Youchien Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

garfield15 - Mar 14, 2010

73 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Aug 26, 2023 2:39 PM

Poll: » Hanamaru Youchien Episode 9 Discussion

garfield15 - Mar 7, 2010

49 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Aug 26, 2023 2:16 PM

Poll: » Hanamaru Youchien Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Feb 28, 2010

62 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Aug 26, 2023 1:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.