Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Apr 21, 2011 1:56 AM

Nov 2010
Why is it so much worse than the manga?! I just started reading the manga for fun...and it's amazing compared to the show! D: If they made the anime with the same story as the manga, or even a game it'd be incredible! So users of MAL: What do you think is keeping pokemon from taking advantage of the manga's good story?
Apr 21, 2011 3:06 AM
Oct 2010
There is a pokemon manga?

Anyways, I guess that the pokemon tv show is just something like a 25 minute long commercial for all the pokemon merchandise and the pokemon games. So, putting too much effort into a commercial in order to lure all the kids seems kinda pointless since the main target audience of this show are...well... kids and they are easy to please. At least that's I remember how it was when I was still watching pokemon as a 10 years old kid. Watching those episodes now makes me cringe, they are that bad sometimes but back in the day that show was tha bomb!
Apr 21, 2011 3:58 AM

Aug 2009
Yeah, pokemon manga is way better than the anime
but what do you think they can do
after 1000+ eps of Ash(Satoshi), do you expect them to just ditch all of that ?
Problem with the manga is that it's more towards an older audience than the anime
Apr 21, 2011 4:26 AM

Apr 2009
I assume you guys are referring to Pokemon Special (also known as Pokemon Adventures). And yeah, I'm both disappointed and surprised that they have not adapted an anime based of it.

I mean, heck it's pokemon, a billion-dollar franchise that has pretty much been covering multiple mediums: manga has multiple spin-offs, games has multiple spin-offs. Yet there's only 1 anime. Pokemon Special deserves an adaptation, dammit. It's... weird coz this right here is a frickin' opportunity, a gold mine just waiting for them to dig out the treasures.

Targeting older audience is not an issue. The manga has no problem with that. Neither did the games. I don't see why anime would be an exception.
Apr 22, 2011 4:13 AM

Apr 2009
That discussion again.

Both anime and manga are good. If there was an anime based off the manga, there wouldn't be anything else : just the games. There'd a lack of diversity. Don't get me wrong, I also love the manga. But stop comparing anime and manga all the time. You're basically saying "the anime was so awesome when I was young, now I grew up, it's just a piece of shit".

I see no one here even watched Pokemon Advance Generation, you just watched the first seasons. How can you even judge ? Advance Generation was really good, with Pokemon contests and the new characters like Drew who's one of the best rivals ever. Battle Frontier was also an awesome season with a lot of interesting episodes.
Diamond and Pearl was worth watching because of the characters like Hikari, Shinji, Urara, Jun etc. There was a real development of these characters.

The manga is more serious than the anime, that's all.

Stop criticizing things you didn't even watch, that doesn't make you credible.

Pokemon anime is awesome and Pokemon Special too. Their different storylines is what makes Pokemon interesting.
Jan 16, 2012 7:45 AM
Jan 2012
Kirika- said:
That discussion again.

Both anime and manga are good. If there was an anime based off the manga, there wouldn't be anything else : just the games. There'd a lack of diversity. Don't get me wrong, I also love the manga. But stop comparing anime and manga all the time. You're basically saying "the anime was so awesome when I was young, now I grew up, it's just a piece of shit".

I see no one here even watched Pokemon Advance Generation, you just watched the first seasons. How can you even judge ? Advance Generation was really good, with Pokemon contests and the new characters like Drew who's one of the best rivals ever. Battle Frontier was also an awesome season with a lot of interesting episodes.
Diamond and Pearl was worth watching because of the characters like Hikari, Shinji, Urara, Jun etc. There was a real development of these characters.

Pokemon anime is awesome and Pokemon Special too. Their different storylines is what makes Pokemon interesting.

I agree with what you're saying completely!

I get so annoyed when people criticise the latter seasons, heck I haven't even seen them all but I don't put them down!
Aug 29, 2014 3:35 PM

Aug 2014
Kirika- said:
That discussion again.

I disagree. For the most part, the Pokemon anime is crap.
Nov 25, 2014 6:05 PM

Aug 2010
The manga is a lot darker so they probably changed it since it's supposed to be "for kids" and kids can't handle things that are too dark and serious.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Pokemon Episode 12 Discussion

Alicia3000 - Mar 21, 2010

32 by Crowfinger »»
Apr 11, 1:39 PM

Poll: » Pokemon Episode 61 Discussion

Anyrection - Sep 18, 2012

6 by Shrimp_Tail »»
Apr 5, 7:25 PM

» Meat in Pokemon

CNile - Jan 11, 2013

5 by Ex-Aid »»
Apr 5, 8:33 AM

Poll: » Pokemon Episode 143 Discussion

Tombo - Jan 18, 2012

5 by Matheus050 »»
Feb 25, 5:31 PM

Poll: » Do you consider pokemon a Shonen?

infinite_Shadows - Feb 14

12 by Theo1899 »»
Feb 17, 12:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.