Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 19, 2011 11:45 AM

Jan 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
"Biiiiichi"
Oh Okarin, you so funneh.

And leaving theories for all them agitated fans, 'cause this thread will be full of funneh theories anyway, oh Suzuha you sneaky bastard. :3
And finally they mention Jellyman. Oh how awesome that sounds.

In other news, lab member no.4, get!

Edit: I knew it, funneh theories everywhar. <Good>.
OosranApr 21, 2011 2:00 AM
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Apr 19, 2011 12:39 PM

Jul 2010
brilliant episode.

oh and Okarin's and Makise's interactions are full of win!

pretty creepy revelation about the JELLYMAN if i may say.
pause for the web page and you can see the words "JELLYMAN" ^^
Simplistic beauty can't be appreciated by someone who looks for something grand in everything he watch.
Apr 19, 2011 12:56 PM

Feb 2011
Loved this episode <3
and they leave us with another cliffhanger 8D
Apr 19, 2011 12:59 PM

Mar 2011
Nothing really new here at first view, but a lot of my theories are confirmed, so I'm quite happy.
Also,

It is still very funny to see that what Hououin says since ep1 are, in fact, hints.

A really funny episode with hints and a lot of confirmations, I loved it.

And yeah, Jellyman... hu, I reaaaaaaally wonder what it means.
Apr 19, 2011 1:18 PM

Dec 2008
Damn you, cliffhanger!!!!
*eagerly anticipating next episode*
Apr 19, 2011 1:31 PM

Sep 2009
AmberFebruary said:
oh and Okarin's and Makise's interactions are full of win!
Agreed!

Okarin❤~ i-loves-the-yous.
Suzuka dear, you are so openly suspicious XD
So the wiki links did help *he he*
Excellent episode. Keep coming.
Apr 19, 2011 1:33 PM

Aug 2009
A cliffhanger every episode? Uh, this is like Geass R2 all over again..
Apr 19, 2011 1:38 PM

Jul 2010
the mad sciencetist's personality makes this hard to watch for me : / Anywhoo....
Apr 19, 2011 1:55 PM

Feb 2010
MEsoJD said:
the mad sciencetist's personality makes this hard to watch for me : / Anywhoo....

I can't get enough of him, hell he's one of my favorite parts of this show.
Apr 19, 2011 2:15 PM
Nov 2010
"Hashida-san, good job!" XD
Apr 19, 2011 2:27 PM

Jan 2010
The name John Titor annoys me. Makes me wanna go and recommend Haruhi to this and write "lolz john smith, john titor, time-travel" just to get it out of my system.

Pretty damn good episode. Certainly getting interesting.
Apr 19, 2011 2:39 PM

Aug 2009
I wonder why they're saying "SERN" instead of "CERN"... I saw the spelling when Okabe was at the computer. Anyway. Is it for the same reason as when brands are spelled differently? Like, "Koka Kola" instead of "Coca Cola". I think they must buy the rights to publish brands legally, or something.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cern

Anyway, this was a very interesting episode.
Apr 19, 2011 2:58 PM

Nov 2008
I freakin' tried putting a banana inside the microwave and it doesn't turn into green gel substance XDD it only became mushy. I guess I have to add 10 or more minutes but no, I won't do it. My parents would get angry XDD

I searched John Titor in google and read the article on wikipedia. It is interesting how they made this as a reference for this show/VN. I have also read about CERN, very intriguing organization XDD Google is my friend. :D

Anyway, nothing much happened in this episode but they did put up some more clues and evidences about what's really going on. I can't wait for the next one XD

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Apr 19, 2011 3:46 PM

Jun 2010
Makise's face when time machines are real.

So Cern made the back hole thing and someone died. Interesting.

Apr 19, 2011 3:48 PM

Aug 2010
Nice episode ^^'

Apr 19, 2011 4:29 PM

May 2009
Rofl...Oh man.. Okarin.

Anyways, from the subs, one of the "@channel" messages was subbed and it said

"John Titor took a dump, and now the universe is doomed."

lol, that made my laugh.

Ohh...man, I love this show. It sends chills throughout my whole body.
iiSatouApr 19, 2011 4:35 PM
Apr 19, 2011 4:33 PM

Aug 2010
holypoop said:
The name John Titor annoys me. Makes me wanna go and recommend Haruhi to this and write "lolz john smith, john titor, time-travel" just to get it out of my system.

u do know that this John titor is a reference? go search John Titor on the internet and ull find crazy stuff about him. (i think he's fake thou) lol

enjoyable episode as usual, 4/5

though i dont get the pervert joke
"Can you say, who'd eat a pervert's banana anyway? once more, you think. if possible, with an upset expression."

i really dont get it. :/
sakaApr 20, 2011 11:20 PM
Apr 19, 2011 5:05 PM

Jul 2007
AWESOME episode.

Nothing quite new in plot, but some of confirmations, like use of multiverse theory as well (what i mentioned previously) usage of black holes to cross something into parallel timelines, since Black Holes are literally cracks in the matter with high density and time-dilation effects.

Oh and Makise/Okarin interactions = WIN.

willardhwright said:
Nothing really new here at first view, but a lot of my theories are confirmed, so I'm quite happy.
Also,

It is still very funny to see that what Hououin says since ep1 are, in fact, hints.

A really funny episode with hints and a lot of confirmations, I loved it.

And yeah, Jellyman... hu, I reaaaaaaally wonder what it means.

Actually I am more inclined to believe that the

holypoop said:

Well thats life for you:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Titor
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CERN
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LHC

Learn the facts.
Apr 19, 2011 5:11 PM

Jul 2007
Definitely liking the show though its claims are so over-the-top that I have to facepalm every five minutes. It's hilarious though.

What I really like, however, is how much quicker it's moving in terms of bringing of strange phenomena than Chaos;Head was. 5pb & Nitroplus really learned their lesson on this one. :)

Looking forward to the next episode!

TENSAI HENTAI SHOUJO! XDDDD
Ani-BlastApr 19, 2011 5:25 PM
きみ は だれ だい?
ぼく は ラムボ!
ぼく は だれ だい?
きみ は ラムボ!
ラムボ なんでし!
Apr 19, 2011 5:21 PM

Jan 2011
i'm liking Kurisu more more :3,but i think i'm gonna have to rewatch this again unless someone wants to explain the second half to me - not to smart.
Apr 19, 2011 5:26 PM

Aug 2010
<3 loving it~~ lol Christina ;P I CANT BELIEVE SHE JUST STICKED HER FINGER IN THAT THING-OF-A-BANANA and licked it O____o; that was uncalled for LOL
I find the sci-fi in this to be quite interesting though :3

aaaand omg the cliffhangers are so painful O_O
Apr 19, 2011 5:33 PM
Mar 2010
Definitely a really interesting episode, relatively enlightening too; I'm looking forward to next week. Kurisu is pretty awesome, I didn't expect her to get into a shouting argument with Okarin like that. Gotta love how he teases her about being a pervert. Her disappearance kind of makes me sad, but I'm sure it's for important reasons. I thought the cliffhanger this week was pretty weak. Oh no, someone died, how horrible (the Engrish is funny though).

It must be sad how SERN's databases (or whatnot) were hacked by some arbitrary dude in Japan. They really need better security systems, don't they.

p.s. I can't stop hearing Nessa when Hanazawa Kana voices Mayuri. It's haunting me.
Apr 19, 2011 5:36 PM

Jan 2010
Well since this is pretty accurate to the novel, then allow me to say this.
Apr 19, 2011 5:44 PM

May 2010
Soon, the best selling electrical product is going to be microwave.
Apr 19, 2011 6:05 PM

Aug 2009
Very interesting episode, really helps to know half of the things they reference. I kind of felt like a geek.
Apr 19, 2011 6:29 PM

Jan 2011
Nice episode
have some thoughts, but best not say xD;;
since, they might be wrong..
Apr 19, 2011 7:07 PM

Jul 2010
DenjaX said:
I freakin' tried putting a banana inside the microwave and it doesn't turn into green gel substance XDD it only became mushy. I guess I have to add 10 or more minutes but no, I won't do it. My parents would get angry XDD

lol. you see. the concept for time-traveling or even teleporting is that you break down the molecules of the thing or a person you want to sent to the past or teleport, the question is can they be returned to what their true form is? is the person sent or teleported will still be human after? since it is breaking down a thing or person into molecular level and then reconstructing it again, that's one of the main reasons why "teleporting" and "time-traveling" are deemed impossible.

so Okarin and Daru managed to return a piece of banana back to its place, but instead of being just a banana, it's a gel-bana, why? since it didn't managed to return to it's original form bec. it is broken down into molecular levels and has not been reconstructed. As per analysis of Okarin before that, he found out that the gel-bana was break down into molecular levels right.
well this are just my theories as per my understand of "time-traveling" or "teleporting" concepts
and now HUMAN IS DEAD.... JELLYMAN!!!!!!!! Now that is CREEPY. >.<
Simplistic beauty can't be appreciated by someone who looks for something grand in everything he watch.
Apr 19, 2011 7:21 PM

Aug 2010
This show is so funny and interesting. I love shows that throw in time travel and parallel universes.
Apr 19, 2011 8:16 PM

Oct 2009
I came. I love this. Right up my alley.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 19, 2011 8:20 PM

Nov 2008
AmberFebruary said:
DenjaX said:
lol. you see. the concept for time-traveling or even teleporting is that you break down the molecules of the thing or a person you want to sent to the past or teleport, the question is can they be returned to what their true form is? is the person sent or teleported will still be human after? since it is breaking down a thing or person into molecular level and then reconstructing it again, that's one of the main reasons why "teleporting" and "time-traveling" are deemed impossible.
^So are you saying that they purposely created the microwave to be a time machine/teleporter? Because from my point of view, it's like they had another experiment but "accidentally" made a time machine/teleporter. For what I did with the banana, the heat of the microwave breaking the molecules of it apart and making it mushy as of why I thought the possibility of it to turn into a green gel substance before it would turn into black char XDD I am also aware of the concept of time travelling and even teleporting, for what I did was just plain stupid and crazy LOLOL DAMMIT Okarin, you invaded my brain to be crazy and do this stuff XDD

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Apr 19, 2011 9:00 PM

May 2010
Another interesting episode. Great balance of comedy and sci-fi.

Makise and Okarin's conversations are WIN!!

So they actually used a human for experimentation and turned into a JELLYMAN? O_o
Apr 19, 2011 9:22 PM

Sep 2010
This gets more and more interesting.
Apr 19, 2011 9:55 PM

Dec 2010
I have absolutely no idea what happened this episode other than the fact thy were all talking about perverse things and bananas. Perverted bananas perhaps..? Just kidding.

But really, I had no clue. It seems a human dies when the LHC is used though. Gotta wath subs to understand for sure.

Apr 19, 2011 10:13 PM
Jun 2010
DenjaX said:

Has anyone seen the "Is it a good idea to microwave this?" series on youtube? Some of them are pretty funny like this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhjHAPw1q-M.
Apr 19, 2011 11:33 PM

May 2010
Very interesting so far. As for someone dying, big deal?

Progression is slow, really slow, slow enough to justify 24 episode of gruelling suspense.
Apr 19, 2011 11:51 PM
Feb 2011
uhh im not sure i understood the last part where he says "Someone Died"
can someone explain it to me?
Apr 20, 2011 12:02 AM

Sep 2009
RoyalStranger said:
Very interesting episode, really helps to know half of the things they reference. I kind of felt like a geek.
Yeah, it definitely helps to know the references (or at least makes the experience more enjoyable). I like to read up on science news so I know about CERN and their LHC.
Apr 20, 2011 12:09 AM

Sep 2010
"John Titor took a dump, and now the universe is doomed...."
Wait. What?

Other than that, it was a decent episode.
Spring 2014: NANANA WINS ALL.
Check out my blog :) http://castlebell.blogspot.com/
Apr 20, 2011 12:25 AM

Jan 2008
Yes, I realize that to the people who have played the VN, my ranting must sound silly. However, I love this show, so there's nothing wrong with me trying to make sense of things with what I've been given thus far.

So yeah, I think that the new Titor is Okabe from the future, and that the old Titor back in 2000 was someone else who was killed by SERN, thus deleting him in everyone's memories except for Okabe's for some reason. Because Okabe remembered, something makes the future him decide to go back in time and pick up where the original Titor left off.

Remember in the 2nd episode when Okabe first learns about the new person on @channel claiming to be Titor, he says "What, so Titor's Japanese this time, huh?" I think that this obviously points to it being a different Titor.

Also, (and I didn't read the first episode discussion so forgive me if it's been said already) remember the first episode the first time Okabe runs into Kurisu at the conference and Kurisu keeps saying "You said you had something important to tell me 15 minutes ago" but Okabe doesn't know what she's talking about. In fact, he doesn't know her at all, though she seemed to have had contact with him before.

Thus, I think that THAT Kurisu had come into contact with an alternate-Okabe, who told her that he had something to tell her. And that something was to warn her about her getting stabbed. But for some reason they got separated.

Then, Kurisu found current-Okabe listening to the conference and dragged him out, mistaking current-Okabe for alternate-Okabe.

Remember that the scream that Okabe and Mayuri heard was male, but the body that Okabe found was Kurisu's.

It's likely that alternate Okabe was killed before Kurisu was stabbed. Alternate-Okabe's scream brought Kurisu running. She got there before current-Okabe and got stabbed.

It's obvious that current-Okabe got drawn into an alternate timeline where Kurisu didn't get stabbed, but beyond that it's also obvious that the stabbed Kurisu had talked to an alternate-Okabe.

WHOA WAIT. While I was typing this I just had a flash of something. It's possible that both Titors are alternate Okabes. THAT'S why in the new timeline that current-Okabe got drawn into, the conference was canceled. Remember that the professor who was supposed to give the lecture at the conference was plagiarizing John Titor completely.

If year 2000 Titor-Okabe was the person who was killed at that conference, then ALL of the information that the professor would have plagiarized would not exist in the new timeline. Thus the conference was canceled because he had nothing to present and didn't want to embarrass himself.

The new Titor-Okabe decided to come to this year instead of 2000 because he somehow knew that there was an IBN 5100 in Akihabara at this time.

The only thing that I think I don't cover in all I've currently said is why wasn't the first Titor-Okabe (the year 2000 one) Japanese? Or maybe he just didn't post in Japanese? But Okabe doesn't seem to know English. This is where my speculation has no hints from the show to back it because we could just say "Well, Okabe learned English in the future" but nothing from the show backs up that statement, unlike everything else I've written.
PanaruApr 20, 2011 12:55 AM
Apr 20, 2011 12:28 AM

Jul 2007
narator91 said:
Very interesting so far. As for someone dying, big deal?

Progression is slow, really slow, slow enough to justify 24 episode of gruelling suspense.

Still say there's more suspenseful activity occurring on a episodic basis than Chaos;Head had. Judging by the synopsis on MAL, we haven't gotten to the meat of the show yet either so it's all good in my books. 24 episodes. :D
きみ は だれ だい?
ぼく は ラムボ!
ぼく は だれ だい?
きみ は ラムボ!
ラムボ なんでし!
Apr 20, 2011 12:36 AM

Jan 2009
Sesshoseki said:
Inb4 they go and decide that they'll include parts from all over the place, ending up with one hell of a story, but not much consistence.
Hopefully they won't do that though.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Apr 20, 2011 7:25 AM

Dec 2007
Oosran said:
Sesshoseki said:
Inb4 they go and decide that they'll include parts from all over the place, ending up with one hell of a story, but not much consistence.
Hopefully they won't do that though.

My rage will know no limits if that happens. ^^;
Apr 20, 2011 7:36 AM

Feb 2009
Dunno if Kurisu is smart or dumb to just touch that gel banana, moreover taste it.
Yes nothing happened to her but still...
And we have another cliffhanger. CERNSERN really is up to something.
Interested about that human experiment.
It's only a matter of time before they'll be tracked. Let's see how this goes.
Apr 20, 2011 7:43 AM

Jan 2009
Laugh alot on Okarin and Makise perverted moment.xD

like the last 2 episodes, it's still pretty mystery. Not much reveal, and the time machine broken LOL.
Apr 20, 2011 8:00 AM

Dec 2010
SHOCKING!
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12406395/mfw.png
キターーーー(・∀・)ーーー!!
Apr 20, 2011 8:21 AM

Sep 2009
narator91 said:
As for someone dying, big deal?
Apparently, human beings being used as lab rats is still not ethical.
Apr 20, 2011 8:22 AM

Jul 2010
Good episode. lab #004 need to come back. i want more interaction.
MEsoJD said:

That's what make him my favorite character in only 2 episodes.
Apr 20, 2011 8:38 AM

Jan 2010
Fai said:
holypoop said:

Well thats life for you:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Titor
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CERN
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LHC

Learn the facts.

Oh.. I had no idea this was based on real events. Feel pretty stupid now.
Apr 20, 2011 9:05 AM

May 2010
mini-black hole in LHC, interesting ;D

in this episode, you will die horribly... *laughs just as shion*
lightness vs. darkness
Nani mo kamo wo hoshigatteita Mayoeru mono no chikai
Mada miru sekai o tsukuridasu koto Kuchi hateteiku
Apr 20, 2011 9:37 AM
Apr 2011
Great episode. I had no idea that they were going to be 24 episodes of this. If so, then the pacing makes sense. I like how eccentric the scientist is, truly makes the show a lot more fun to watch. Not really going get into the their theories of time travel since I completely reject what they are implying. I still find it interesting however, to watch it animated and understand their theories from their point of view. All in all 5/5 for today and it's going to be a long wait until next week for me. I dreads theses waiting periods. Happy Easter MAL!
yogotahApr 20, 2011 9:41 AM
The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.
-Albert Camus

Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

LadyOrihime - Aug 30, 2011

805 by Nemesis133 »»
Yesterday, 8:24 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

saxophone15 - Apr 26, 2011

241 by GatchiShoppo »»
Apr 20, 4:33 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Samu-tan - Apr 3, 2011

550 by Dyphz »»
Apr 17, 12:00 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

shanimebib - Sep 13, 2011

1825 by fentphantom »»
Apr 12, 12:02 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

zimno - May 17, 2011

309 by DmtTrean »»
Apr 9, 12:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.