New
Pages (23) « First ... « 21 22 [23]
Jun 20, 2013 2:30 AM

May 2013
Fillers.
Forever lost.
Jun 20, 2013 2:30 AM

Mar 2012
Well, if we're talking about recent anime (last 5 years or so), it would be a lack of variety and originality as well as an over-abundance of moe and ecchi.

Now, before I get too far, I will say that I don't have a problem with moe or ecchi. However, I do think there is an over-abundance of it in anime at the moment and it seems to be causing a lack of variety.

Speaking of lack of variety, what the hell is with all the high school setting anime? I remember back in the late 90s-00s when high school setting anime was a rarity, or at the very least a minority. Even anime starring young protagonists like Neon Genesis Evangelion and Fullmetal Alchemist didn't have them set in high school and even some popular anime like Escaflowne and Yu-Yu Hakusho did have an early high school setting, but it was VERY short and had very little bearing on the plot of those anime.

I guess I shouldn't say I hate these things, but I do wish anime would try to pander to more than just 14-year-old Japanese boys and otaku.
Jun 20, 2013 2:39 AM

Feb 2013
When the characters, usually in a love scene just say each others name..

Character 1: 'I love you!!'
Character 2: 'Character 1-san..'

............. Gah! It annoys me. >.<
Jun 20, 2013 2:40 AM

Jan 2009
MoeGalacticHero said:
j0x said:

SHOUNEN+ACTION always have ass pulls, stop watching action shounen then

That's a dumb justification.

most acion shounen tags have ass pulls that he does not like anyway so i got no idea whats your point
Jun 20, 2013 3:33 AM

May 2013
Does anyone else get tired of those "friendship is the most important thing in life" anime?As a kid it was good to have such anime however as I got older I really got tired of it.While I agree that friendship is important,I got tired of such anime.
It's insane how awesome Fate/Zero is.
Jun 20, 2013 3:34 AM
Mar 2013
Orsonius said:
Mostly conservative values that are common in Japan (and maybe outside of it)..

But you can watch anything on TV for American liberal values. :p
Jun 20, 2013 3:40 AM

Feb 2013
#1 - People that will hate on an anime just because its popular [the hipster affect]

#2 - Main characters that do all the work even though the support characters are great - EG In the naruto manga/anime he has surpassed his superiors way too fast and now everyone relies on him, it gets abit boring...

#3 - potholes.
Jun 20, 2013 3:53 AM

Nov 2012
Deus Ex Machina

excessive Nakama Power BS

ridiculous amount of asspulls
Jun 20, 2013 4:03 AM

Jul 2012
Cbubbles said:
Orsonius said:
Mostly conservative values that are common in Japan (and maybe outside of it)..

But you can watch anything on TV for American liberal values. :p

I a) don't watch TV and b) am not american.

Also I think that american TV is not that liberal.
I am falling, I am fading, I am drowning, help me to breathe.
Jun 20, 2013 4:05 AM

Dec 2012
Orsonius said:
Mostly conservative values that are common in Japan (and maybe outside of it).

I for example hate how meat in anime is always presented as this non plus ultra food, and every loves it to death.
There are like NO vegetarians or Vegans in anime, or people who genuinely don't like meat that much.
I know some exceptions like every anime by Anno has 1 Vegetarian (since he is one).

The next thing is how alcohol is mostly accepted, though Minors are totally opposing it.
Sorry but when I was 15-16 I thought drinking bear was pretty cool, and I guess that's what a lot of teenagers think, drinking is cool.
I know they try to appeal to a more family oriented audience and thus don't want to teach "bad" morals but it's just stupid.
Other drugs on the other hand are Never portrait in anime. I don't know one anime where the characters even smoke a joint or some harmless shit like that.

I hate it to death how they depict school life and socializing, cultural festivals and clubs as this amazing thing you should do, and if you don't something is wrong with you.

I didn't give a shit about school projects or festivals and shit like that.

The last thing is how shy they are about naked people. I hate these scenes "guy goes into bath, naked girl, she flips her shit and abuses the male, though it was mostly her fault"
When I accidentally see someone naked in a bath or on the toilet I god "oops" close the door and go back to whatever I was doing before.
No drama.

I wanted to give you a detailed reply but I will sum it up in two sentences.
Different culture and values. You are a Nihilist.
Jun 20, 2013 4:57 AM

Sep 2008
-Fan service
-School settings (It _can_ be okay... sometimes)
-Cliches
-Character development
-Poor dialouges
-Japan is so fucking narrowminded with their anime sometime > Alot feels the same.
- Fillers
- Characters are often dumbasses
- Unrealistic traits.
Jun 20, 2013 6:15 AM

Sep 2012
Most harem anime. There are exceptions, but most tend to be so shamelessly generic and formulaic. They have the same old annoying one dimensional character archetypes doing the same old harem antics. Its like when people make harems they don't even try.

I think the high school setting is getting a little old. I'd also like to see some more characters that are older than 19. Too much focus on teenagers. Switch it up a little.

Now, I don't hate fanservice. In fact I kind of like it at times. But I dislike ecchi anime that tries to use fanservice as its crutch, without having any other redeeming qualities. They can't even show that much, so it just end up being a stupid, half-assed tease. This is probably why I vastly prefer hentai over ecchi. They don't have to hold back.

"THE POWER OF LOVE AND FRIENDSHIP CONQUERS ALL!!"

Jun 20, 2013 6:27 AM

Jul 2012
tsudecimo said:

I wanted to give you a detailed reply but I will sum it up in two sentences.
Different culture and values. You are a Nihilist.

You are a Nihilist

Okay, do we know each other, or how the heck do you know that O_o
I am falling, I am fading, I am drowning, help me to breathe.
Jun 20, 2013 7:02 AM
May 2013
Whiny girls :(
Jun 20, 2013 1:11 PM

Feb 2013
Pathethic and wimpy MC's, aswell as overly large tits, I mean, come on...if your tits are bigger than your torso, then just pls cut them off.
Jun 20, 2013 1:13 PM
Jul 2018
When the show's insulting me for having a penis (i.e. too much fan service).
Jun 20, 2013 1:18 PM

Jan 2012
fanservice
the way they treat girls in general,like a prize or a piece of meat
wimpyness
Jun 20, 2013 3:03 PM

May 2012
Apart from the obvious like spineless main characters and fanservice:

One dimensional villains is a big one for me. This isn't really anime specific, but any type of storytelling usually has extremely shallow antagonists who are just there to give the main character someone to struggle against. I prefer a story in which the bad guys have some kind of believable motivation and aren't just cartoonishly evil.

I also notice that a lot of anime (especially shounen) feels the need to explain every single fucking thing that happens on screen. Yeah I get it, he dodged the attack. No need to tell me "Oh you dodged my attack, impressive. Now let's see if you can dodge THIS one!" I have eyes.

Also, stupid slapstick comic relief scenes shoehorned in at every possible opportunity. It's not funny, and it does nothing but completely ruin my immersion.
Jun 20, 2013 3:10 PM

Oct 2012
The thing I dislike the most about anime is that it depresses me to know that my life will never be like it is in the shows I watch.
Let this be our little secret, no needs to know we're feeling HIGHER AND HIGHER AND HIGHER!
Jun 20, 2013 3:11 PM

Apr 2013
I dont get why it is a problem for a guy being blonde or any other colour than black and the girls being blonde , red-headed , blue , pink ,silver it is normal . Like "Oh , noes! He's blonde , he's a a deliquent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Run for your lives , OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!!!!!111oneoneone" .
I also dislike an anime that has changed the scenario for fanservice(I'm not talking about the ecchi scenes) . I understand that the anime industry it isnt in a situation that can afford loosing some sales because they refuse to fanservice but changing the story is too much.
"Love is a drug to our brain , it stops the thinking function and when you realize it wether you acomplish it or not you'll enter in one of the 3 withdrawal states : happy , sad or anger. Once this drug gets hold of you you'd better be prepaired beforehand." - Me
Jun 20, 2013 3:13 PM

Apr 2012
NickyCharisma said:
The thing I dislike the most about anime is that it depresses me to know that my life will never be like it is in the shows I watch.

sounds like my friend that watches K dramas lmao

Jun 20, 2013 3:14 PM

Oct 2012
BloodyNightsky said:
I dont get why it is a problem for a guy being blonde... Like "Oh , noes! He's blonde , he's a a deliquent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Run for your lives , OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!!!!!111oneoneone".

I'm pretty sure that has to do with a Japanese cultural thing.
Let this be our little secret, no needs to know we're feeling HIGHER AND HIGHER AND HIGHER!
Jun 20, 2013 5:00 PM

Dec 2012
Those cheesy ass "Hmph!" when the characters smile or grin in reaction to something. Example -

"Is he strong?"
"(grins slightly) hmph! Believe it!"

It happens ALL. THE. TIME.
Jun 20, 2013 6:54 PM
Sep 2012
I hate when the MC get the girls
Jun 20, 2013 6:57 PM

Sep 2012
ChibiZeez said:
Why?
Jun 20, 2013 6:58 PM

Aug 2012
1. Adding filler in an adaptation that adapts from a medium that was already complete (usually visual novels).

2. Lazy-as-fuck or "weeaboo" localizations on the part of American dubbing companies. You can pick a Sentai Filmworks series at random and it'll probably kill your ears after you listen to the first episode.

3. Distracting fanservice. What I mean by this is that the anime is trying to focus on something else (story, comedy, drama, commentary, etc.) but inserts random fanservice in a lame attempt to keep our attention. This only serves to distract us from the real part of the anime. However, I'm completely fine with anime that decide to focus solely on fanservice.
This topic has not been locked and is still available for discussion.
Jun 20, 2013 6:59 PM

Dec 2012
Fanservice, G cup sizes, too much yelling while fighting, generic battle-shounen.

Oops, I think I just summed up Fairy Tale. But those are actually the things that irritate me the most, it's just coincidence that FT contains all of them.
"Families is where our nation finds hope, where wings take dream!"

- George W. Bush
Jun 20, 2013 6:59 PM

Sep 2012
NickyCharisma said:

Just rewatch Higashi no Eden Movie II: Paradise Lost, and you'll feel happy again.

Red_Keys said:
ChibiZeez said:
Why?

Probably jealousy.
Jun 20, 2013 7:20 PM

Oct 2012
Litrydow said:
NickyCharisma said:

Just rewatch Higashi no Eden Movie II: Paradise Lost, and you'll feel happy again.

Wait a tic... how do you know that that is my most hated anime movie?
Zeally said:
sounds like my friend that watches K dramas lmao

"Why Can't My Life Be A K Drama?!" should totally be the name of a K drama.
Jun 20, 2013 7:24 PM

Aug 2009
insan3soldiern said:
The fans?

Agreed

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Jun 20, 2013 7:26 PM

Sep 2012
NickyCharisma said:
Litrydow said:
NickyCharisma said:

Wait a tic... how do you know that that is my most hated anime movie?

Because I can read minds across the Internet.

No, really, you said it a few times, I remember it well because I also hated that shit. One of the biggest trainwrecks ever.
Jun 20, 2013 7:57 PM

Oct 2012
Litrydow said:
Because I can read minds across the Internet.

No, really, you said it a few times, I remember it well because I also hated that shit. One of the biggest trainwrecks ever.

And you remembered! That makes me feel better about using this site. People are finally remembering my boring-ass posts.

Sometimes I forget where and when I make my rants. I once spent five minutes yelling about a show to my friend before he politely told me that I told him all of it a week ago. My rage just gets the better of me.
Pages (23) « First ... « 21 22 [23]

More topics from this board

» Early-mid 2000s anime – what are your thoughts?

Haneken2086 - Apr 23

33 by MasterTasuke »»
2 seconds ago

» You truly don't care about anime MAL score/rank? Ooh cool, but... ( 1 2 )

Rinrinka - Apr 21

96 by rho34 »»
4 minutes ago

» How is anime doing in the UK these days?

VeryRedBags - 1 hour ago

2 by LightWorker »»
6 minutes ago

» is ur fave genre ur most watched genre ?

ame - Apr 23

27 by joseifan »»
7 minutes ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

207 by JessicaKari »»
10 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.