3It was OK
20.3%
2Disliked it
10.2%
1Hated it
5.1%
Average 3.8
59 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 17, 2011 1:51 PM

Oct 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Best shit of this episode is the whole gang war because Kakeru took a bullet in his arm with the following,

and that my friends is cool and nice! The guy got my respects from being Accelerator like. Ah I can already see Accelerator craziness from him. The guy is just that!

Ok fan service galore in the beginning as outlined in the spoiler
damn yellow tape, if it was not for that I would have seen all the delicious bodies of the girls. Good thing I was smart enough to check out the HCG.

Add to that Naru going all yuri on Kobato in the spoiler
not to mention being cute with those perverted hand movements and that fang. You have a rather cute Naru. That's of course on top of seeing her panties and nice interaction with Narita. Naru also had a nice panty shot session in the spoiler

The intermission are top notch with the maids but most of all Naru in them with panties fan service in the spoiler
Another plus IMO is all the Naru posses at one point during this episode in the spoiler
of whom the last one is really fan service nice.

All in all a good episode where I am starting to put some pieces of the puzzle together like the rival gangs not being over and Naru getting more good cute screening time. Next episode there is more Alice! :D Of course not enough Alice at all in this episode.
Yumekichi11Apr 20, 2011 8:41 PM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Apr 18, 2011 12:51 AM

Jul 2010
I just love the contrast between the start of the show and the rest. Just so weird... Will rewatch once subs are out
Apr 22, 2011 12:58 AM

Sep 2009
I start to like It mare and more. Gang war part was hilarious
Apr 22, 2011 1:20 AM
Feb 2011
Damn I so want to watch this, but that censoring in those pictures makes my eyes bleed :/
I just hope the DVD/BD release of this will be subbed.
Apr 22, 2011 4:02 AM

Jan 2010
Note to self: skip everything before the opening from now on.

Zandatsu (斬奪 - "cut and take")
Apr 22, 2011 8:00 AM

Aug 2010
The fanservice at the beginning was awesome. I'm actually enjoying watching this and trying to keep track of the many characters.
Apr 22, 2011 8:33 AM

May 2010
I'm still trying my best to memorize their names.
Apr 22, 2011 11:56 AM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
o.o Lol mostly showed now only 2 main chars xD ep 1 char was showed in end only. Confusing but quite intereresting anime
Apr 22, 2011 12:44 PM

Aug 2008
I figured it out. Someone told that faggot of a director that he will be directing Durarara.. but all he got was this lousy t-shirt
Apr 22, 2011 12:50 PM

Jan 2011
the beginning was, uncalled for
as for the rest lol
Dora being so cold xD
for some reason I like Dora for that :I ...LMAO
this episode was ok, just I really do wonder what the plot or story is... xD;;;
Apr 22, 2011 12:54 PM

Jul 2008
This episode was all over the place!! I feel like the pacing is completely random and kind of comes out of nowhere, but I will continue to watch mainly because I'm interested in Asuka's role in the story.
Apr 22, 2011 1:59 PM

Nov 2008
Why is Shuusuke entered Kobato's house or should I ask why was Kobato in Shuusuke's house? o_O

Isn't Ootori Kakeru the one who is with Shuusuke all the time? Why is he blond/white hair and red eyes here XDD Disguise maybe or just the same name? XDD

I'm freaking confused. I thought Kobato's brother is the bishie black hair dude o_O

Finally I'll get to see the loli next ep > w <

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Apr 22, 2011 1:59 PM

Aug 2008
So tempted to drop this. Useless fanservice and weird pacing.
Anyway it took me a moment to realize Kakeru is this batshit crazy gang leader at night.
Apr 22, 2011 2:53 PM

Aug 2010
Enjoyed the episode until "Accelerator" got shot. Seriously, even by anime standards, you just don't brush it off like nothing happened. 4/5 because apart from this bit, it was very entertaining, well worth the 24 minutes.
Apr 22, 2011 3:07 PM
Mar 2010
Terrible, yet entertaining.
Apr 22, 2011 3:10 PM

Feb 2008
Liked the episode (save for the beginning, of course). It's an interesting way of processing all the stuff that happened in the VN within a frame of 12 episodes. I think it would have been much worse if they had gone with animating it 1:1.

Though it kinda feels like watching scenes of the VN animated, which is quite enjoyable too. I just hope they manage to join things together in the end.
Apr 22, 2011 4:02 PM

Aug 2010
Nice episode!

Apr 22, 2011 4:10 PM

Jun 2010
....I still don't understand the plot, but so far this has been the most interesting episode because of the fight and the gun. Oh and there was a ridiculous amount of fan service in the beginning.

Apr 22, 2011 4:57 PM

Nov 2007
that gang war shit was so stupid and lame I'm about to drop this. characters are gone just as they appear. there is no connection to any of the characters and I'm given no reason to care. I have no idea what the plot is supposed to be or what this is even about. this is an awful way of story telling. I was hoping for something Shuffle like but this I have no idea.

about to drop it.

what happened to the people going to school in the beginning of the first episode? and that guy and the girl talking about wings? and that loli? ehh whatever.
Apr 22, 2011 5:45 PM

Oct 2009
mystik said:
I was hoping for something Shuffle like but this I have no idea.

Same here.
Still, I won't drop it because I'm curious to see if it actually has a plot that makes sense. That, plus the girls are easy on the eyes.
Apr 22, 2011 9:12 PM

Apr 2011
Kakeru is like some reverse Batman; dark and brooding in the day but instead of being a flamboyant philanthropist, he's a batshit crazy gang leader.

I liked the interactions between Naru and Narita, it was whimsical and entertaining. I also like how the connection between all the characters are slowly being revealed, though whether it means anything later is still up in the air. Overall, enjoyable.
Apr 22, 2011 9:26 PM

Sep 2008
No loli?
Boring.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 22, 2011 9:40 PM

Oct 2010
herox3 said:
Terrible, yet entertaining.

My thoughts exactly
Apr 22, 2011 9:53 PM

May 2010
GANG FIGHT!!!

That was the highlight of this episode, everything else was shit.
Apr 22, 2011 11:26 PM

Mar 2009
If anyone could tell me the point of this show, I'd appreciate it. Almost feels like a poor man's version of Durarara.
Apr 22, 2011 11:27 PM

Apr 2010
I gave this 3 episodes and I got bull shit. I am not even interested to see how the story comes together in the end, that is IF it does. Dropped.
Apr 22, 2011 11:53 PM

May 2010
Hahaha, no fucking clue what is happening. Who was the crow?

Kakeru is awesome.
To the guy who said that him taking the bullet was unrealistic, even for an anime, he was quite high, so I think there's nothing unrealistic about it at all.

I am having trouble piecing together who everyone is, if it wasn't for this thread I wouldn't have realised Kakeru daytime = Kakeru nightime. Too many new names, okay.
Apr 23, 2011 12:42 AM

Jul 2009
No Kakeru (the cool one, not that AMAGAD-look-at-me-I'm-so-badass one) makes this show lose some of its vitality. Shunsuke really isn't much fun w/o Kakeru fucking around with him, I guess...

Dora is entertaining as usual, even though I don't really like his potential love interest. I think he deserves better than that, maybe the crepes lady or the american loli... But on the bright side, that's one cunning girl we got thar 8-)

And gotta love the rapping part <333

If he's not with us, he's AGAINST us!!!

Apr 23, 2011 3:32 AM

Sep 2010
I'm still having trouble remember who's who. There are way too many characters introduced so quickly. I have no idea where the story is heading either... if there even is a story present somewhere in here. It's so all over the place that I have no idea what's going on but it's all kind of amusing, really.
Spring 2014: NANANA WINS ALL.
Check out my blog :) http://castlebell.blogspot.com/
Apr 23, 2011 5:00 AM

Oct 2008
Definitely enjoyed the gangster part!
Apr 23, 2011 8:42 AM

Sep 2009
Don't like the fanservice at the start...
And its really confusing...all the characters seems to have links...

But why did Shuusuke enter Kobato's house? Are they real siblings?
Apr 23, 2011 10:03 AM

Apr 2010
After re-skimming through the previous episodes, I can only conclude these (Note: I have NOT gone through the VN at all, I'm completely new to this):
-Chitose (Orange haired, energetic guy), Haneda (School boy with blue hair), Hayato ("hard-boiled" construction worker), and the individual known as "Crow" (on the bongos during the gang fight) are from a different, fantasy-like world called Gretagard.
-These four are identified as the four wings of color in Gretagard, which is the reason why they address each other as crow (the guy on the bongo drums), falcon (Hayato), and hawk (Haneda). Not sure what Chitose's bird-name is.
-According to Haneda back at the end of episode 1, he is a candidate for the next King of Gretagard. I'm not sure if the other 3 are possible candidates either.
-Looking at Hayato's conversation with Naru about if her and her brother get along, he thinks about Haneda and his sister, which seems to be Kobato at the looks of things.
-Of course, all 4 wings know of each other (Chitose's reaction to meeting Kobato and Hayato's interactions with "Crow" and thinking about Haneda), and I believe Chitose entered Kobato's house to meet with Haneda to talk about things regarding Gretagard.
-Also, Naru's brother, Kakeru (gang leader guy), addresses Hayato and Crow by their wing names. Not sure what to think of there besides the fact that he is connected with this whole Gretagard thing.

Other speculations:
-At the conclusion of episode 2, Chitose is seen leaving the restaurant and stating "Let peace prevail in the world." At the conclusion of episode 3, Hayato is seen stating the exact same phrase. ┐('~`;)┌
-As for the roles of the heroines, judging from the OP alone, I think they are/will become the carriers of their respective partners and will be the key to sending them back to Gretagard? ┐('~`;)┌
Apr 23, 2011 10:54 AM
Jan 2011
Nachtwandler_21 said:
I start to like It mare and more. Gang war part was hilarious

Yeah, but does the dirty finger part necessary? And, the hell does the other gang boss able to have a gun?
Apr 23, 2011 1:33 PM

Nov 2009
Yeah, i was excited there was multiple leads, but now after almost falling asleep... Yuck
Apr 23, 2011 6:30 PM

Nov 2009
SurferDude said:
mystik said:
I was hoping for something Shuffle like but this I have no idea.

Same here.
Still, I won't drop it because I'm curious to see if it actually has a plot that makes sense. That, plus the girls are easy on the eyes.

This!
Apr 24, 2011 12:26 AM
May 2008
Im starting to think that all 3 guys are the same person, when shuuske was going home from work, he saw kobato walk out of her house, kobato is takashi's younger sister, he says he hopes shes not like her older brother, and then proceeds to walk into the exact same house???? of course I could be wrong, but this anime definitely has a strange feeling about it
Apr 24, 2011 1:45 PM

Jun 2009
Quite interesting episode but Takashi really should get some screentime other than few seconds shot. >.> Dora is my favorite character so far. I love his coldness to everyone. Naru is quite interesting girl but I really can't see them as a couple. Same goes for Shuu and Hiyoko. I loved that moment when it seemed like romantic moment is going to occur and Hiyoko ruined it with that book. Shuu's reaction was priceless.

Herdrocks said:
Im starting to think that all 3 guys are the same person, when shuuske was going home from work, he saw kobato walk out of her house, kobato is takashi's younger sister, he says he hopes shes not like her older brother, and then proceeds to walk into the exact same house???? of course I could be wrong, but this anime definitely has a strange feeling about it

Apr 24, 2011 4:34 PM

May 2009
Three episodes in and I still have no idea what this is about. It's not even entertaining. Dropped.
Apr 24, 2011 5:05 PM

May 2008
Quarter of the way through and it's such a mashup of different things that I have little idea of what's going on. Without the VN spoiler I would really have no idea and have dropped it by now. It's terrible; the pacing is horrid and it feels like they're isolating people who haven't read the VN at all. Watching through each episode just feels more and more like a struggle. It seems like such a shame.
Apr 24, 2011 6:42 PM
May 2009
Did I like it? Did I dislike it? I just don't know anymore
Apr 24, 2011 7:20 PM

Nov 2010
Can't really write anything here due to confusion of this episode.
Apr 24, 2011 11:31 PM

Aug 2010
Idk what to say this show is like wtf but i semi-like it its funny i dont understand any of it but its funny especially the parts with Shuusake
Apr 25, 2011 9:10 AM

Sep 2010
I like this anime, i dont know how, its not really enjoying, it makes little sense, there is too much going on and i dont really feel like watching the next episode.

But when i get around to actually watch the episode, i like it, i dont know what to rate this show >.<
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 25, 2011 11:38 AM
Jan 2011
Mogami-kun said:
Enjoyed the episode until "Accelerator" got shot. Seriously, even by anime standards, you just don't brush it off like nothing happened. 4/5 because apart from this bit, it was very entertaining, well worth the 24 minutes.

to those of you wondering why he felt no pain after being shot,
he obviously states before "im having a rare good trip"
considering his lack of feeling pain,

think its bs? explain to me what else having a good trip might mean then please
Apr 26, 2011 10:10 AM

Dec 2008
WTF is this show about???
I like Dora.
The rapping gang banger was funny!
Apr 26, 2011 10:33 AM

Feb 2008
I don't even understand who half the characters are. Kakeru is the scarf guy I guess? But who is that girl Shuusuke spoke to on his way home? And what happened to the highschool guy from the first episode?

Fuck if I know. I should probably just keep learning Japanese so I can read the VN.
Apr 26, 2011 10:56 AM

Jul 2010
What the hell is it with this show? It just doesn't know what it wants to be. I loved Shuffle! but this is just all over the place.

I was planning on dropping it if this episode was still disappointing, but it was not. Still, I don't really see any story or anything yet, but I hope that'll pick up next week.

Oh yes, and Shuusukes voice and his way of speaking is really annoying me! >_<

Apr 27, 2011 1:08 PM
Jul 2018
This feels like Durarara!!! with that gang warfare
Apr 28, 2011 8:34 AM

Feb 2010
It's still extremely entertaining and hilarious. Gonna be a good watch.
Apr 28, 2011 3:33 PM

Jan 2011
I can't remember whos who, too, but the guys at least dress different etc., the girls always run around in school uniform or the one from the bar. And it's not like the part in the swimming pool would help..

Of course, the story doesn't make much sense so far, especially regarding Gretagard or how it's called. But they even made jokes about it in the preview of the next episode, so it's not like they would have messed it up (even if it's messed up?).
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Oretachi ni Tsubasa wa Nai Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Jun 12, 2011

50 by Rad_Scientist »»
Feb 5, 5:08 PM

Poll: » Oretachi ni Tsubasa wa Nai Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - May 9, 2011

54 by Rad_Scientist »»
Jan 23, 2:34 AM

Poll: » Oretachi ni Tsubasa wa Nai Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Yumekichi11 - Jun 19, 2011

100 by Edocchi »»
Apr 12, 2022 9:33 PM

» Oretachi ni Tsubasa wa Nai for PSVita and PS3

nbdmiyako - Feb 26, 2014

1 by Disapeared_Ghost »»
Oct 22, 2021 7:57 PM

Poll: » Oretachi ni Tsubasa wa Nai Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Davison - Apr 4, 2011

192 by Frezlaj »»
Sep 5, 2021 5:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.