Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Mar 10, 2014 9:41 PM

Dec 2013
/\You understand it? Lol Thats pretty remarkable.

This movie is a true work of art. That being said I didn't find it that entertaining. Its nice to get a few more questions answered, but by the end of the movie I realized that the plot doesn't really matter for this series.

I'm glad this alternate ending was made, but I wouldn't want it to replace the ending of the series. The series ending shows some interesting insights and has a more positive feeling resolution.
Love and Peace!!!
Mar 27, 2014 7:02 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
ZakuHead said:
TheNewAkira said:
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=250624&show=0#post1

For better understanding of the TV series and film, and the religious symoblism does have meaning. It's not really essential to understanding most of the core plot though. Another good discussion, why has this franchise revenued over 15 billion yen?

I did just tell you that the creators stated the symbolism means NOTHING AT ALL, did you not get that?

http://web.archive.org/web/20031208113458/www.akadot.com/article/article-tsurumaki2.html

quote from the interview: "There are a lot of giant robot shows in Japan, and we did want our story to have a religious theme to help distinguish us. Because Christianity is an uncommon religion in Japan we thought it would be mysterious. None of the staff who worked on Eva are Christians. There is no actual Christian meaning to the show, we just thought the visual symbols of Christianity look cool. If we had known the show would get distributed in the US and Europe we might have rethought that choice."

The only real symbolism in the show is to psychological concepts such as Hedgehog's dilemma and the Oedipus complex.

The reason people think of Christianity as a symbolism aspect in the movie is because of the cross and that Asuka and Shinji are the only presumed survivors. It is stated that anyone could come back to life should they have the will to do so. Asuka has amazing strength so it was understandable that she would be able to return to life. I mean she was single handedly defeating those other Eva's. Before that she was down in the lake, in a depressed state, then her mentality increases and we all know how it goes. Asuka is one strong girl, but she had a hard time showing affection. Same with Shinji, he was treated badly, and all he wanted was to be loved and understood. The fact that Asuka was next to him shows they love each other. Shinji strangled her because he wanted to make sure he was back to reality. When Asuka caressed his cheek she was showing affection. She ends the scene by saying "How disgusting". That part she can be referring to his crying, maybe she was saying not to cry anymore and that it's all over.

That's just the way I viewed the movie. I also thought maybe the whole point of the movie was to eradicate humanity and start all over. Those guys in SEELE seemed like they wanted humanity to be eradicated because it would create a new world without sin.

Apr 5, 2014 8:11 PM

Jul 2012
Yeah, I still don't understand more than 50% of this entire series. LOL It's really hard to focus on this movie and understand everything it tried to express. Will leave rating at 8/10 until I rewatch it again.

I feel like crying right now.

+PTR [Plan to rewatch]
Apr 19, 2014 4:59 AM

Nov 2013
Samu-tan said:
I just want to say that I thought this was awesome but I have no idea how to rate this.
Exactly the situation I'm in right now

Apr 19, 2014 1:42 PM

Dec 2012
I feel like I was just forced to ejaculate 45 times in a row. I'm completely exhausted and both my mind and fingers are too tired to bother going into depth.

Part One:

The invasion was hella intense. Misato's death was very emotional and this was a very suspenseful first half. I was completely blown away by the fight sequence with Asuka. When the lance pierced her eye, her shrilling scream was believably disturbing. I was mortified when the Eva series started cannibalizing Asuka's unit. Shinji's appearance was pretty bad ass and intense.

Part Two:

As far as the story goes, I was able to follow it well enough. But the sheer absurdity of what was happening + the return of Shinji's psychological dilemma really did my head in. At some point I actually started laughing maniacally and muttered "not this shit again." Not to mislead though, since I enjoyed this regardless and found it more satisfying than the TV series' conclusion.

Honestly I have no idea what to make of this right now as far as score goes. At least an 8/10 for the time being, probably going to spend a few days reflecting on this...and letting my mind heal from the ass whooping.
Apr 19, 2014 8:05 PM

Nov 2013
After have watched The End of Evangelion, I can proudly say, that I, finally, was mind-raped for the first time in my life. For real.
Apr 20, 2014 10:24 PM

Jan 2014
This movie is easily the most fascinating clusterfuck I've ever seen.
Apr 29, 2014 3:02 PM

Dec 2013
I can't deny that the end of evangelion was strange and even insane. There were some parts rather confusing (like in the anime anyway) but one thing is for sure, this movie was sublime.
That sort of hallucination that Shinji and Rei have in the end is incredible. It's as if the world wouldn't be complete without that scene. I particularly liked the moment when Rei took control over those other evas as well.
"Me ni wa me wo, ha ni wa ha wo, aku ni wa aku wo."
Apr 30, 2014 8:38 AM

Jun 2013
mayukachan said:
Yeah, I still don't understand more than 50% of this entire series. LOL It's really hard to focus on this movie and understand everything it tried to express. Will leave rating at 8/10 until I rewatch it again.

I feel like crying right now.

+PTR [Plan to rewatch]

Is it the story you don't understand, or the symbolism? The symbolism is much harder to explain than the plot.
Apr 30, 2014 3:49 PM

Jul 2012
ex_necross said:
Is it the story you don't understand, or the symbolism? The symbolism is much harder to explain than the plot.

I think I got what happened but I'm not sure why the things happened at the end. I don't think I got all of the symbolism.
Apr 30, 2014 7:48 PM

Jun 2013
mayukachan said:
ex_necross said:

I think I got what happened but I'm not sure why the things happened at the end. I don't think I got all of the symbolism.

By the end, I'm guessing you mean instrumentality. You are not sure why the Human Instrumentality Project failed, or what it is?
May 9, 2014 2:49 PM

Jul 2012
ex_necross said:
mayukachan said:
ex_necross said:

By the end, I'm guessing you mean instrumentality. You are not sure why the Human Instrumentality Project failed, or what it is?

Sorry late reply :S I couldn't focus throughout the movie. Idk why. It's my fault. Don't worry, I'll rewatch it so you don't need to explain it!
May 22, 2014 3:50 AM

May 2013
This ending is better than the series' ending.

But seriously? Why Shinji? Did he just

Okay, I don't like you here but I still find you likeable in the series.

ASUKA BECAME BADDASS, thank you Asuka. YOU ARE ALIVE.

The first half was good but the last half and the last two minutes was boring. 8/10
The world shall know the truth soon.
May 22, 2014 7:23 AM

Jun 2013
SweetCoconut said:

The first half was good but the last half and the last two minutes was boring. 8/10

This show's intellect is 2deep4u

Also he masturbated because he saw boobs and he is a boy.
May 27, 2014 5:31 AM

Nov 2012
Okay, this was better than tv series which first half was just uhm... 7/10 for tv
Thoughts were deep, but impact on me wasn't that big, probably cause these thoughts already were inside me earlier. That's why 8/10.

waiting for 4.0 to compare
May 27, 2014 2:15 PM

May 2013
Even though I prefer the anime ending this is the greatest movie of all time.
May 31, 2014 8:51 AM

May 2013
ex_necross said:
SweetCoconut said:

But it was still surprising that I almost fell to my chair. I'm glad that I didn't heard some moans, I guess?
May 31, 2014 12:30 PM

Jun 2013
SweetCoconut said:
ex_necross said:
SweetCoconut said:

But it was still surprising that I almost fell to my chair. I'm glad that I didn't heard some moans, I guess?

"I'm so fucked up"

He merely just let out his most natural human emotions that most people put a mask over.
Jun 1, 2014 4:11 AM

May 2013
ex_necross said:
SweetCoconut said:
ex_necross said:
SweetCoconut said:

"I'm so fucked up"

He merely just let out his most natural human emotions that most people put a mask over.

Did you watched the dubbed version? I think he didn't said that in the original version.
Jun 1, 2014 4:22 AM

Mar 2008
SweetCoconut said:
ex_necross said:
"I'm so fucked up"

Did you watched the dubbed version? I think he didn't said that in the original version.
I believe he says something along the lines of "I'm the worst/lowest" (saitei).
Jun 2, 2014 3:13 AM

May 2013
Ckan said:
SweetCoconut said:
ex_necross said:
"I'm so fucked up"

Thank you for the clarification.
Jun 3, 2014 8:30 AM
Aug 2013
well ... that was fantastic
Jun 8, 2014 10:23 AM

Aug 2013
Reading over the posts I'm glad that I'm not the only one completely confused :|
My Candies:
Jun 8, 2014 10:10 PM

Jun 2013
SweetCoconut said:
Ckan said:

Thank you for the clarification.

Err yes. I did watch it in my own language.
Jun 16, 2014 9:17 AM

May 2013
Umm, can someone explain what happened in the end?
Why did Asuka say that at the very end? I mean the whole thing was very WTF but that part was very weird.

It ended so abruptly just by saying disgusting..
Was there any meaning?
Jun 16, 2014 9:21 AM

Mar 2008
mariosgrp said:
Why did Asuka say that at the very end? I mean the whole thing was very WTF but that part was very weird.

Was there any meaning?
Very Short: Shinji, jerking off over comatose girls is gross.
Short: (Other) people are disgusting.
Long: Fifty long disserations on the true meaning of Evangelion and EoE.
Jun 16, 2014 9:39 AM

Sep 2011
Ckan said:
mariosgrp said:

Was there any meaning?

Yup. Also it's more or less a call-back to Asuka's "normal" attitude towards Shinji compared to how she was earlier on (a comatose essentially).

@mariosgrp: The ending isn't as much of a WTF as some might put it out to be since this is actually a pretty positive outcome from what was a very grim situation overall. The abrupt cut is more or less just a clean and quick way to end the movie. Kind of useless to put in an ending credits there since the movie already had one during the middle, but I'll admit it almost works against it as there's no cushion for folks to absorb the whole damn thing directly after finishing the movie.
Jun 16, 2014 9:52 AM

May 2013
ronri said:
Ckan said:

Yup. Also it's more or less a call-back to Asuka's "normal" attitude towards Shinji compared to how she was earlier on (a comatose essentially).

@mariosgrp: The ending isn't as much of a WTF as some might put it out to be since this is actually a pretty positive outcome from what was a very grim situation overall. The abrupt cut is more or less just a clean and quick way to end the movie. Kind of useless to put in an ending credits there since the movie already had one during the middle, but I'll admit it almost works against it as there's no cushion for folks to absorb the whole damn thing directly after finishing the movie.

I say this mostly, because that "disgusting" felt so real, that I was puzzled.
Her usual character would say this kind of thing. But at that particular moment, with that particular tone of voice, that word sounded like something that would break Shinji's heart instantly.

Was It just a "reminder" or a call-back, as you said, to asukas attitude? or did I misinterpreted it?

Also, After reading some stuff, I understood many things and its much more clear now. But that piece still remains!
Jun 16, 2014 10:29 AM

Sep 2011
mariosgrp said:

I say this mostly, because that "disgusting" felt so real, that I was puzzled.
Her usual character would say this kind of thing. But at that particular moment, with that particular tone of voice, that word sounded like something that would break Shinji's heart instantly.

Was It just a "reminder" or a call-back, as you said, to asukas attitude? or did I misinterpreted it?

Also, After reading some stuff, I understood many things and its much more clear now. But that piece still remains!

Honestly it's kind of left to the viewer, but I did take it as a call-back to Asuka finally coming back for real and expressing herself as she always does. The "other" Asuka that Shinji was talking to before was mainly a construct in his mind, so he ended up killing it by choking her to death. This one proves to be real and as Shinji finds out while choking her, he breaks into tears knowing that he's not alone like before.

Again, it's definitely 'creepy' how that's all that Asuka would say after going through all that, but it's rather appropriate for someone like her to openly mock Shinji that way. More or less, I felt like it was definitely a serious moment, but it also felt like a call-back that serves to bring back the "normal" after everything they just went through, and personally, it's that little nuance that I liked about that line.
Jun 26, 2014 2:42 AM

Jun 2013
10/10 good movie, and a great end to the original series. Still a lot of stuff I don't understand. Was all of this happening in Shinji's head? Or is Rei god now or something? This movie at some parts almost gave me a panic attack lol. So everyone died but Shinji and Asuka or what? Kind of seems that way. Hehe, Asuka said disgusting to Shinji while he was on top of her, that's the Asuka we know and love!
Jun 26, 2014 3:04 PM

Oct 2013
As a rule I generally try to avoid posting huge blocks of text on the comments section but I'm making an exception here as I feel it’s needed. Everything I am going to say is my interpretation of this movie and the series so some of it may not be exactly what the author was trying to put across (as is the case with a lot of art).

Right off the bat let’s start with Shinji, WTF is wrong with you dude. No matter what you connection to the girl, you do not jack off over a girl who is practically in a coma and possibly about to die.

Whilst this is not a perfect movie as you will spend a good 50% of it ask what you are looking at it does a brilliant job of connecting to the series and providing the closure which was ultimately lacking in ending of the series. To me this is a story about self-identity and establishing yourself in a world of people who you can’t understate or even get along with, though I must say that Shinji really did reach new levels of whiney during this movie.

This can be most clearly seen in the concept of AT fields as the fields seem to drive their power from a beings willingness to prove their existence and separate themselves from other people. One could that this is the reason why only certain individuals are able to pilot Eve, they are trying to validate their existence and as such are able to shield themselves with this desire.

This movie was also rather clever in taking elements from the seires and expanding upon them in unexpected ways. Take for example Asuka and the plot point about her being on her period during one of the episodes, at first it seemed to be odd and out of place that they would even mention this but the line “It’s not like I’m going to have kids anyway” adds more meaning to this. The ending of the movie seems to present Shinji and Asuka as the new Adam and Eve of the human race meaning that Asuka’s ability to have kids changes from a small plot point to a major point in the story.

Basically I have rambeled on here and I doubt that anyone will read all of this but hey that’s my take on this, sure I didn’t understand it all but the whole was definitely worth the time invested.

On a side note, is no one going to call Misato out on being a massive pedo bear? Sure they call her a whore (which she isn’t) but no one even addresses the fact that she is in love with 14 year old boy.
People die if they are killed but that's no reason to pleasure yourself with a fish
Jul 12, 2014 1:30 AM
Apr 2013
That last line made me ROFL.
Jul 31, 2014 8:58 AM

Feb 2014
I did not like this movie. From the very start, Shinji was a pathetic crybaby and he was just like "I pity myself my life is awful and I'm useless oh I wanna die!" and all of this was happening WHILE HIS FRIENDS WERE DROPPING LIKE FLIES! And geez I was like "Shinji stop whining and get it together!" Oh man I felt like slapping him. And then when SEELE's forces were invading NERV, I hated how they killed EVERYONE IN THEIR WAY. EVEN THOSE WHO SURRENDERED. Now that's just cruel! Not to mention how the last 20 minutes made no sense whatsoever, and in the middle there were those random live action moments...what the heck??? Why??? And the final nail in the coffin was when Shinji strangled Asuka and then was like: "I'm so pathetic ;_;". Wow, Shinji sure is a whiny crybaby. He needs to grow up!

And finally, when Asuka DOESN'T annoy me and goes into awesome mode, SHE DIES. Why? Because Shinji is curled up in a ball whining about how he can't pilot EVA. And then he's like "AAAH ASUKA DIED I'M SO ANGRY AAAAAH!!!!!" Well you should've done something, Shinji. 5/10, disappointing
Noodle070Jul 31, 2014 2:20 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 8, 2014 6:28 AM

Jun 2013
Noodle070 said:
I did not like this movie. From the very start, Shinji was a pathetic crybaby and he was just like "I pity myself my life is awful and I'm useless oh I wanna die!" and all of this was happening WHILE HIS FRIENDS WERE DROPPING LIKE FLIES! And geez I was like "Shinji stop whining and get it together!" Oh man I felt like slapping him. And then when SEELE's forces were invading NERV, I hated how they killed EVERYONE IN THEIR WAY. EVEN THOSE WHO SURRENDERED. Now that's just cruel! Not to mention how the last 20 minutes made no sense whatsoever, and in the middle there were those random live action moments...what the heck??? Why??? And the final nail in the coffin was when Shinji strangled Asuka and then was like: "I'm so pathetic ;_;". Wow, Shinji sure is a whiny crybaby. He needs to grow up!

And finally, when Asuka DOESN'T annoy me and goes into awesome mode, SHE DIES. Why? Because Shinji is curled up in a ball whining about how he can't pilot EVA. And then he's like "AAAH ASUKA DIED I'M SO ANGRY AAAAAH!!!!!" Well you should've done something, Shinji. 5/10, disappointing

What is it like being such a simple person? Simple people like you are fascinating. Do you try to not understand things, or is understanding something not even a factor?
Aug 13, 2014 5:51 PM

Mar 2013
Noodle070 said:

Do not hurt your brain now, chief!
doonchlandoAug 13, 2014 5:56 PM
Aug 28, 2014 8:49 PM

Oct 2012
The only thing I could think through this whole thing was, "Shinji, you giant fucking faggot".
Sep 10, 2014 2:53 AM

Nov 2011
No idea what i just watched but it was cool :)

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Sep 10, 2014 7:38 AM

Dec 2008
Why the f was Shinji choking Asuka at the end?
(worst character ever, that lame Shinji)

Sep 10, 2014 8:30 AM

Aug 2010
Evangelion never ceases to amaze me after all these years. For the most part of the show I was thinking "What the hell is going on" and then "OK I get it". But when they start showing all that real world scenes I was like "OK you lost me there". The plot is generally very simple (evil organization plans for "the good of humanity" and MC must decide to save humanity) what made it mind blowing is how they deliver it. It's psychological factor sometimes leave me dumbfounded but that's what's great about the show. It makes you think or just read the other threads and go to evageeks. :)

Aside from Shinji's lameness this maybe the best show in the late 90's. I'm glad this was the conclusion which I believe the fans are hoping for and not the ending of the original series which was pretty lame. The alternative version should do a good job if they want to keep its good ratings.
Sep 27, 2014 1:21 PM
Jul 2018
flaxman85 said:
another overrated piece of shit

have fun wasting your life rewatching this crap and pretend your enjoy it over and over again

cheers.

>>>/a/
Oct 5, 2014 9:19 PM

Feb 2014
ex_necross said:
Noodle070 said:

What is it like being such a simple person? Simple people like you are fascinating. Do you try to not understand things, or is understanding something not even a factor?

Well excuse me for having a different outlook on anime than you. I watch anime for entertainment purposes, not necessarily to get a deeper understanding of everything that is put into film. Yes, I understood how piloting an EVA made Shinji suffer, and that having equipment like EVAs would likely result in government intervention. However, can I not dislike Shinji because he is a total wimp, causes friends to die, and then cries because his friends died? Can I not dislike the government for shooting surrendering people? I don't think this is an issue with trying not to understand the movie, but more of a difference of opinions. Everyone has different tastes, so there's no use hating on someone else's opinions.

And I'll let you know I don't appreciate you insulting me. A simple: "I disagree because..." wouldn't have been a problem at all. Now I have a question for you: What is it like being such a rude person? I find people like you fascinating.
Noodle070Oct 10, 2014 11:52 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 20, 2014 12:44 PM

Feb 2013
So NGE has no issues with pedophilia I'm assuming
Oct 20, 2014 5:16 PM

Jun 2013
Kreemy said:
So NGE has no issues with pedophilia I'm assuming

Which part, out of curiosity? Certainly you don't mean Shinji x Asuka. Do you mean Gendo with Rei? Because she is technically partly his wife and does not have a real age.

Or maybe Asuka's failed attempts at getting Kaji to love her? Or Misato giving Shinji a kiss?

Not seeing it.
ex_necrossOct 20, 2014 5:19 PM
Oct 24, 2014 11:44 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
It seems most people dont understand the movie, after watching it.
Nowadays we have something called internet, people should use it more!!

Anyway for the lazy ones, read the link, it will explain most stuff, or search in youtube (there is one awesome 7 minute video that explains all).
http://www.evaotaku.com/html/evafaq.html
Oct 28, 2014 6:59 PM

Jun 2013
Noodle070 said:
ex_necross said:

Well excuse me for having a different outlook on anime than you. I watch anime for entertainment purposes, not necessarily to get a deeper understanding of everything that is put into film. Yes, I understood how piloting an EVA made Shinji suffer, and that having equipment like EVAs would likely result in government intervention. However, can I not dislike Shinji because he is a total wimp, causes friends to die, and then cries because his friends died? Can I not dislike the government for shooting surrendering people? I don't think this is an issue with trying not to understand the movie, but more of a difference of opinions. Everyone has different tastes, so there's no use hating on someone else's opinions.

And I'll let you know I don't appreciate you insulting me. A simple: "I disagree because..." wouldn't have been a problem at all. Now I have a question for you: What is it like being such a rude person? I find people like you fascinating.

He's not judging you for having a different opinion, he's judging the fact that you completely missed the point of everything you talked about in your post.
Nov 7, 2014 3:03 PM

Sep 2014
I hate Shinji with a passion rivalled only by the fury of a thousand suns. To think that I ever liked him just sickens me. I was on his side the entire show: just who do these NERV assholes think they are forcing some depressed kid to fight for them because they can't solve their problems on their own? Shinji didn't ask for any of that bullshit. He does all their dirty work and what does he get in return? Attitude, screaming, manipulation, and disrespect. Is he a pussy? Yeah, but I was willing to overlook that.

But I rooted for him. I wanted him to overcome his problems, beat all the angels, and stop this schizophrenic human instrumentality project.

And he doesn't. In the end, he does nothing. He's helpless. He doesn't develop any conviction, willpower, or strength.

When Misato started losing her shit, did Shinji comfort her? No. He ran away.
When Asuka has a mental breakdown, did Shinji support her? No. He wanks over her unconscious body. *
When Asuka is fighting the robots, did Shinji fight alongside her? No. He pusses out as usual and Asuka is eaten alive.

Shinji disgusts me, primarily because of *. Why the fuck doesn't Shinji offer her words of encouragement or kindness? That's his teammate: someone he lives with and fights with. They were even starting to develop a friendship. That scene where Asuka sleepwalks and finds herself sleeping next to Shinji was very touching. She wants to be close to Shinji. She wants Shinji to like her: she tries to impress him by talking about how awesome she is, she kisses him, etc., and he just ignores her when she hits rock bottom?

Then, he strangles her. WHAT THE FUCK?

Shinji's a cowardly little monster. If you're reading this, fuck you Shinji.
Nov 7, 2014 3:41 PM

Jun 2013
And he doesn't. In the end, he does nothing. He's helpless. He doesn't develop any conviction, willpower, or strength.

Except he does. He had the choice to remain in the Instrumentality world or return to reality and face is issues. He chose to return to reality and face his problems.

When Asuka is fighting the robots, did Shinji fight alongside her? No. He pusses out as usual and Asuka is eaten alive.

He didn't fight because he couldn't get to Unit 01. It was literally trapped in bakelite, he had absolutely no way of getting to it. He even says himself that he can't get to it, and that's why he isn't fighting.

Shinji disgusts me, primarily because of *. Why the fuck doesn't Shinji offer her words of encouragement or kindness? That's his teammate: someone he lives with and fights with. They were even starting to develop a friendship. That scene where Asuka sleepwalks and finds herself sleeping next to Shinji was very touching. She wants to be close to Shinji. She wants Shinji to like her: she tries to impress him by talking about how awesome she is, she kisses him, etc., and he just ignores her when she hits rock bottom?

You're forgetting how terribly Asuka treated Shinji through the whole series. If he wanted to give her words, they certainly wouldn't be words to encourage the person that tortures him. And you're forgetting that he wanted to help Asuka fight the Eva series, but he couldn't because he couldn't get to Unit 01. And then he sees what happened to her and freaks out! He did care.

And yes, he strangles her, by that point he was so fucked up in the end he wasn't sure if that was reality or not, so when she reaches up to caress him, he realizes everything is over, he doesn't have to be in pain anymore.
Dec 6, 2014 12:47 AM

Sep 2014
Sweet jesus, watched this for the first time in nearly ten years. STILL confused as fuck, but that's okay.
Dec 6, 2014 3:22 AM

Sep 2011
notsomacho said:

Shinji's a cowardly little monster. If you're reading this, fuck you Shinji.

Actually not really? Shinji recognized that the previous "Asuka" he was choking was a part of his visions in light of Human Instrumentality happening around him. By that point in the end, Shinji recognizes all of the above and thought that the "new" Asuka was another part of his visions. The creators even implied that Shinji wasn't sure if that was still Asuka or not, and he finally snapped out of it when she caressed his face.

You're not really wrong for rooting for Shinji, and even with his flaws, I really don't blame him given the horrible circumstances he was put under. You ought to realize that he also ended up giving humanity a chance to live again by actually making to choice of rejecting Human Instrumentality. It's the very reason why Asuka was able to come back, aside from her will to survive.
Dec 7, 2014 3:31 PM

Feb 2009
In addition to supporting what others have been saying:
notsomacho said:
She wants Shinji to like her: she tries to impress him by talking about how awesome she is, she kisses him, etc.,

Constantly telling someone how much better you think you are than them and forcing them to kiss you are not nice things.

notsomacho said:
Why the fuck doesn't Shinji offer her words of encouragement or kindness?

He did. And whenever he did she just abused him for it. That was what made him attempt to strangle her in the first place.
painocusDec 7, 2014 3:35 PM
Pages (11) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Do you think Shinji is irredeemable?

TASM18 - Apr 15

21 by fizzydrinkk »»
8 hours ago

» should i watch this movie instead of 25-26 or should i watch 25-26 or should i watch 25-26 and the movie

CRG - Aug 21, 2023

44 by Invisible_King »»
Mar 20, 1:27 PM

» There's nothing romantic about Asuka and Shinji

Sanjay63773 - Oct 26, 2022

37 by LoveLikeBlood »»
Mar 17, 1:01 PM

» how to watch?

misasdeathnote0 - Dec 19, 2023

18 by KitsuFrost »»
Dec 28, 2023 4:01 PM

» What did Shinji Do?

PachtDD - Dec 17, 2022

20 by Power_Duck12 »»
Nov 1, 2023 9:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.