Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 12, 2011 12:30 PM

Aug 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wow, that's one really, really interesting twist towards the end of the episode. I never expected the gel-banana's to play an important role, but dang, things just got really interesting.

Not to mention, what in the world was Makise Kurisu doing there? Is she an ally? An enemy?

Gah, the episode left off at such a bad place. I already want to see the next episode... =_=;

Screenshots:

Spoiler image for those that haven't seen the episode:
Kuro4735Apr 12, 2011 2:38 PM

Apr 12, 2011 12:31 PM

Aug 2009
Oh dat OP and ED, I can't stop listening to them! <3

Anyway, this was another great episode. I think the whole cast got introduced now, including the trap voiced by Yuu Kobayashi, the shy Moeka and our cat mad Faris Nyan Nyan.

It's weird that all the information concerning John Titor suddenly disappeared... I wonder if it's one of Okarin's delusions again...?

And Makise is awesome. She was totally making fun of Okarin at the conference. I found it funny how she pronounced Hououin-san all the time. I did find it surprising she popped up again at the end.

And what the hell, now the microwave creates gel-bananas and teleports its contents? That's... kind of cool.

Once again, 5/5. I can't wait for the rest.
Oh and Makise and Mayushi are awesome. I'm just saiyan'

And dat OP.
Apr 12, 2011 12:32 PM

Jan 2009
First, Say-move is being a bitch, and then Himado is playing tsundere. >_> I hate it when that happens.
Oh Okarin, you so crazy.
And they're not actually talking about the 11 theories about time travel at the conference. I am disappoint. Then again... it'd take some time to do that in the anime. ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌
Luka キターーーー(・∀・)ーーー!!
Dat Kobayashi Yuu, is awesome. Been waiting for the trap to appear :3
Also, just sayin' but, Suzuha, Shining Finger and Faris are also awesome.

Dissolving molecules. Guess it ain't as easy to put dissolved molecules back together, eh?
OosranApr 12, 2011 2:58 PM
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Apr 12, 2011 12:45 PM

Apr 2009
I figure after a few more episodes of this I believe my brain will look like the banana. 5/5
I am the light and the darkness tossed away by fate.
I am hope and despair needed by all and to none.
I am CuresDestiny.
Fear me or Not it is all the same to me.
<insert maniacal laughter here>

Apr 12, 2011 1:19 PM

Feb 2010
So the banana went back in time or something I'm guessing? All the stuff with the missing books is confusing me now too. Did the episode swap between time planes or something partway through? I'm so very confused. A mean cliffhanger to round it all off, even. Next week can't come quick enough.
Apr 12, 2011 1:22 PM

Jan 2010
I think the best way to watch this show is with a nice cold glass of Dr. Pepper

It really adds to the ambiance.
Ok™
Apr 12, 2011 1:33 PM

Mar 2011
Nothing too surprising and nothing new for me.

Still messing with the timelines, well, this was to be expected after all.

So the banana went back in time or something I'm guessing? All the stuff with the missing books is confusing me now too. Did the episode swap between time planes or something partway through? I'm so very confused. A mean cliffhanger to round it all off, even. Next week can't come quick enough.

Clearly. It was already the case with ep1, by the way.

Now, a little guess about the books.

Something like this. I need to watch this episode 2 or 3 more times in order to have something more effective.

I'm still convinced about my 120 seconds which are not seconds. It's half-proven, half-disturbed by the bananas. Annoying.

By the way, Luka is cute.
And for the ones able to understand it without the subs (who were wrong on this)...
"Knight-Hart", does this remind you something? It should. Think about it a little.
willardhwrightApr 12, 2011 1:46 PM
Apr 12, 2011 1:45 PM

Jan 2011
dang, just dang xD
I though, Ruka was a girl..then yeah
"Ruka is more feminine then any girl, and is very pretty but... he's a guy"
"he's a guy" xDDD
damn these traps, gotta be so ...girly LMAO
anyways, gel-banana teleported around I see..
odd yet interesting episode
as for Makise, I wonder, is she really an aly, or just someone stopping all the time machine thing from stopping?
:I the questions I wonder
Apr 12, 2011 1:49 PM

Mar 2011
Hakochi said:
dang, just dang xD
I thought Raku was a girl..then yeah
"Raku is more feminine then any girl, and is very pretty but... he's a guy"
"he's a guy" xDDD
damn these traps, gotta be so ...girly LMAO
anyways, gel-banana teleported around I see..
odd yet interesting episode
as for Makise, I wonder, is she really an aly, or just someone stopping all the time machine thing from stopping?
:I the questions I wonder

More than teleported, it went back in time. And... well... 5 days before (duration used for the example), it was not here, it was outside of the microwave, attached to the others.
Maybe the "gel" part is the result of a paradox or something. Like the message being split in 3. There is a disturbance in the informations because of the time travel, and it is impossible to rebuild anything exactly in the same way it was before.

Also, try to imagine the result of this on a human... cute.
(this create a problem about John, but it's easy to overcome)

About Makise, well. As said before, let's say that someone push the entire scientific community to believe that time travel is not possible. Ally or ennemy, she will be affected too.
willardhwrightApr 12, 2011 1:55 PM
Apr 12, 2011 1:54 PM

Feb 2010
willardhwright said:

Well, obviously. I meant in regards to this episode, and when the swaps happened and what the catalyst was, etc. It'll all get explained in time, in any case. The wait between episodes is quite torturous.
Apr 12, 2011 2:04 PM

Apr 2009
Not quite as good as in the vn, but hey - thus far nothing has been omitted. That's already something to rejoice over, right? A pretty enjoyable episode, if I were to say, I don't want to raise my hopes too much, but it seems that we really might get the second good decent adaptation of a vn (the first one being AS).

Apr 12, 2011 2:05 PM

Dec 2009
I got really excited at the end, can't wait for more O_O !

and Makise is awesome, I loved it how she teased Okarin :)

4/5
yuno6.jpg
Apr 12, 2011 2:05 PM

Jan 2009
Blackiris said:
Not quite as good as in the vn, but hey - thus far nothing has been omitted.
Except some less important details, and some events being thrown around. But nothing major, no. ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Apr 12, 2011 2:08 PM

Dec 2009
It's getting more and more interesting. It seems the time travel process isn't perfect yet, which is why the message got broken up, Okarin still got memories of a different 'world line' and the bananas get reduced to gel. Interesting, interesting.

Also, "... but he's a guy" lmao!
Ara ara.
Apr 12, 2011 2:10 PM

Mar 2011
All explained in time... Who knows. Chaos;head is still quite confusing, even if you played the game, you still have to discover some things by yourself.

I'm not sure about this episode having a clear catalyst... Its was more of a mix between the original timeline and this one, in order for us to understand certain things. For the characters, this episode was clearer than episode 1.
Apr 12, 2011 2:17 PM

Jul 2007
Great episode. They used parallel time travel theory (since the one timeline one is impossible due to causality paradoxes) And I loved the references to John Titor. So far everything in this is quite grounded in real world theories.

I would not be surprised on if its something like Primer and SERN/CERN is
, while John Titor is actually

Paiguy said:
willardhwright said:

Well, obviously. I meant in regards to this episode, and when the swaps happened and what the catalyst was, etc. It'll all get explained in time, in any case. The wait between episodes is quite torturous.

A decision. A decision influenced by future knowledge.

THe opening featured a butterfly so they obviously are transferring the whole "butterfly flaps its wings" theory into it too.

One smallest, SMALLEST detail can create a chain reaction resulting in entirely different world.

DoctorDoom said:
It's getting more and more interesting. It seems the time travel process isn't perfect yet, which is why the message got broken up, Okarin still got memories of a different 'world line' and the bananas get reduced to gel. Interesting, interesting.

Also, "... but he's a guy" lmao!

Theoretically I doubt it would be that easy to "perfect it". Physical transfer between parallel worlds theoretically is impossible. Hence why signals can travel.

Paiguy said:

This episode made clear on which theory it is using.

It did not went back in time.

It went back in time into a different parallel timeline. Thus only those causing it are aware of it.

And yes. First episode already contained more than 6(I am sure of it now) different parallel timelines.

willardhwright said:

I'm not sure about this episode having a clear catalyst... Its was more of a mix between the original timeline and this one, in order for us to understand certain things. For the characters, this episode was clearer than episode 1.

But it does not need a clear catalyst for divergence of timelines. Theoretically a person spitting his saliva at the wrong time due to future knowledge could alter everything through minor details and coincidences.

Also for those interested
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Titor
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Butterfly_effect
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grandfather_paradox
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twin_paradox
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Many-worlds_interpretation
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M-theory
http://altimatrix.com/parallel-timelines
AhenshihaelApr 12, 2011 2:22 PM
Apr 12, 2011 2:19 PM

Feb 2011
No! not the banana, it's gone D=..... yay! it teleported back 8D
Great and interesting episode and loved all the characters =D

5/5 ;D
Apr 12, 2011 2:29 PM

Jan 2011
willardhwright said:

More than teleported, it went back in time. And... well... 5 days before (duration used for the example), it was not here, it was outside of the microwave, attached to the others.
Maybe the "gel" part is the result of a paradox or something. Like the message being split in 3. There is a disturbance in the informations because of the time travel, and it is impossible to rebuild anything exactly in the same way it was before.

Also, try to imagine the result of this on a human... cute.
(this create a problem about John, but it's easy to overcome)

About Makise, well. As said before, let's say that someone push the entire scientific community to believe that time travel is not possible. Ally or enemy, she will be affected too.

so the microwave became some sort of time traveling machine (mini one that is)[I think..]
it still became gel due to the effects of the microwave, but this time it made it go back in time, and be there
interesting xD
Apr 12, 2011 2:30 PM

Aug 2010
Awesome episode, I've taken a great liking to this anime.

Apr 12, 2011 2:30 PM

Jul 2007
littlekuma said:

so the microwave became some sort of time traveling machine (mini one that is)[I think..]
it still became gel due to the effects of the microwave, but this time it made it go back in time, and be there
interesting xD

NO.

IT became gel because it crossed over into parallel universe.
Apr 12, 2011 2:43 PM

Jan 2011
Fai said:

NO.

IT became gel because it crossed over into parallel universe.

dang xD that sucks for the banana LOL
Apr 12, 2011 2:46 PM

Mar 2011
But it does not need a clear catalyst for divergence of timelines. Theoretically a person spitting his saliva at the wrong time due to future knowledge could alter everything through minor details and coincidences.

which is still a catalyst, kind of. But what it's not what I wanted to say.
What I meant is that there is not as many variations in this episode as in the first one.
Sure, a lot of things changed because of this message, but that's expected (chaos theory, anyone?). The viewer is not here "...what the heck", when I definitely was in ep1. I don't see any big problem despite searching for it.

Hu, I see that you know the many-worlds interpretation? Good, I didn't thought that this kind of people were on MAL.

Well, I kind of expected this theory to be the one they will chose since ep1. The fact that they always avoided to directly see the past helped.

But with the SERN AND Hououin fighting over the past, and with this way of seeing time travel, this will become a COMPLETE mess. I can't even imagine the results in 20 episodes.

interesting xD

As Fai said, not exactly
It will be a very bad comparison, and Fai will hit me on the fingers because of it, but think about a photocopier. You lost "accurancy", informations" every time you use it. Here, my guess is that it is the same thing. The ""time travel"" caused a loss of informations, which changed the banana into...this.
willardhwrightApr 12, 2011 2:50 PM
Apr 12, 2011 2:51 PM

Jul 2007
willardhwright said:

which is still a catalyst, kind of. But what it's not what I wanted to say.
What I meant is that there is not as many variations in this episode as in the first one.
Sure, a lot of things changed because of this message, but that's expected (chaos theory, anyone?). The viewer is not here "...what the heck", when I definitely was in ep1. I don't see any big problem despite searching for it..

but yous see, we see it from Rintaro's POV. If he is not the cause of the divergence, he is oblivious to it just as well as entire universe is. Figures we will only see and know the divergence points created by Rintaro himself. Otherwise one will just have to look for differences. No matter how small.

This makes a lot of potential for very mindfucky things. (like how for example in Buffy season 5, after four seasons of Buffy being a single and only child, suddenly her sister appears and everyone acts as if she was there from beginning)
Apr 12, 2011 4:01 PM

Oct 2010
Okarin is quite weird haha, this is good that it is getting interesting already, i was expecting a slow start.
Apr 12, 2011 4:03 PM
Apr 2011
Wow I'm loving this show. My dad is a physicist so I know that some of these ideas arent as far fetch as it seems. This show seems really promising, I just dont know if I should just lay off the show for now, and then marathon it. It seems that it will be very hard to wait for this show each week. 5/5 for episode two.
The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.
-Albert Camus

Apr 12, 2011 4:07 PM

Oct 2010
I really hope this show keeps on coming with these great eps
Apr 12, 2011 4:16 PM

Nov 2007
so we get a few new characters. a pink haired girl with funny hair, a somewhat weird girl with a pic of an old computer and a trap. I can't believe that was a guy.

still very interesting so far especially that banana teleporting.
Apr 12, 2011 4:28 PM
Sep 2008
Of course, it was only 2 episode, but I think that this series will be one of my favourite
'couse anything what is about time travelling or sth around it is stuff that I simply love :)

Btw, 'mad scientist' Okarin is weird and that's why I already like him ^^
Apr 12, 2011 4:40 PM

Sep 2010
DAMN IT, JAPAN. DON'T TRICK ME LIKE THAT. (Regarding Ruka >>)
I'm starting to like Kurisu.
The show is getting more interesting.
Apr 12, 2011 4:47 PM
Jun 2010
Kuro4735 said:

john titor was looking for that pc in the year 1975.

and yuu kobayashi always voices trap characters? lol.
Apr 12, 2011 5:00 PM

Jul 2007
Dareus said:
Kuro4735 said:

john titor was looking for that pc in the year 1975.

and yuu kobayashi always voices trap characters? lol.

already posted in the first page of this thread :P
Apr 12, 2011 5:12 PM

Jul 2009
Waiting for a weekly release is torturous and probably wouldn't do much good for my enjoyment of this anime. Too much is happening and to top it off, we have to wait a week for the next episode and by then, most people would likely have forgotten what has happened.
Apr 12, 2011 5:23 PM

Feb 2011
This episode was pretty good, but it's execution is poor compared to the VN's excellent story telling. I guess that's to be expected though considering how nearly a full chapter of the VN (there are 12, or was it 11) was crammed into the first two episodes.
Anyways, Ruka's scene was just as hnnngh inducing as the VN which makes me happy.
Apr 12, 2011 5:32 PM

Sep 2009
the convo in the thread is interesting

DoctorDoom said:
"... but he's a guy" lmao!
lol!

Okarin is <3...his detailed retard-ness is quiet epic.
It's painful not being able to watch the show in a marathon.
Amazing OP & ED.
Makise, that was a good tease! ;D
Apr 12, 2011 5:37 PM

Jan 2011
Kurisu is apart of the organisation its a conspiracy! i'm telling you man!.

haha Okabe's conspiracy talk is getting to me.
Apr 12, 2011 5:39 PM

Nov 2010
not realy as (not sure if this is the right word) excited as most/all here but will stick with it for a few episodes and hope it doesn't end like death note, me not liking it nor understanding the whole hype and ending up dropped xD
Apr 12, 2011 5:46 PM

Nov 2010
Very good and interesting episode
Apr 12, 2011 6:01 PM

Feb 2007
what the fuck is this shit ahhaahhahahaah.
Apr 12, 2011 6:11 PM

Jun 2010
Episode 1 was a little boring, now after this one, it's starting to get interesting. A microwave that telephoned the banana to where it came from while being microwaved, awesome!!

Apr 12, 2011 6:17 PM

Feb 2011
This is definitely keeping my attention compared to other series in this season. Waiting a week may be too long for me I may have to marathon eventually.
Apr 12, 2011 6:22 PM

Nov 2008
WTH! Why do I have a feeling of them jumping/bridging onto different parallel worlds unconsciously XDD but that would make sense though... I still need more information on how they did that. I don't think the microwave itself is the time machine and Okabe's cellphone has something as well. Every time a strange occurrence happens, that phone is there ahaha XDD

dang if this keeps going like this, I might become crazy like Okabe spouting many theories XDD

tuturuuuu~ <333
DenjaXApr 12, 2011 6:45 PM

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Apr 12, 2011 6:33 PM

Jan 2010
OMG, waiting another week is making me crazy.... >_> Always cliff hanger ;[
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 12, 2011 6:40 PM

Sep 2009
/easily confused

I liked the episode though, but Amane's personality definitely wasn't what I was expecting. xD
Apr 12, 2011 7:25 PM

Aug 2010
Wait what? Ruka is a guy?!?!?! This time inconsistency is getting mega interesting! Funny how they're just microwaving bananas. I am loving Steins Gate.
Apr 12, 2011 7:27 PM
Apr 2011
Darkmaste155 said:
Waiting a week may be too long for me I may have to marathon eventually.

I was thinking of doing that also. For these types of shows, doing a marathon would be ideal.
The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.
-Albert Camus

Apr 12, 2011 7:36 PM

Mar 2011
DenjaX said:
WTH! Why do I have a feeling of them jumping/bridging onto different parallel worlds unconsciously XDD but that would make sense though... I still need more information on how they did that. I don't think the microwave itself is the time machine and Okabe's cellphone has something as well. Every time a strange occurrence happens, that phone is there ahaha XDD

dang if this keeps going like this, I might become crazy like Okabe spouting many theories XDD

tuturuuuu~ <333

You're not bad, from the 3 lines you just said, you know?

I was thinking of doing that also. For these types of shows, doing a marathon would be ideal.

Wrong. Watching it AND doing a Marathon is the best.
Trying to understand the story by yourself, and then having a new point of view when marathonning it because you see that in fact, everything was linked together since the very beginning. A brainless marathon is the best way to waste this kind of show.
Apr 12, 2011 7:50 PM
Apr 2011
willardhwright said:
Trying to understand the story by yourself, and then having a new point of view when marathonning it because you see that in fact, everything was linked together since the very beginning. A brainless marathon is the best way to waste this kind of show.

Well it would all depend on the individual, waiting a week for each episode may cause you to lose details that you might otherwise have noticed watching them contigently. If you plan on watching this show once, marathon is more attractive, to certain individuals then just waiting weeks after weeks for one episode. IMO of course.
-Albert Camus

Apr 12, 2011 8:11 PM

Jul 2007
yogotah said:
willardhwright said:

Well it would all depend on the individual, waiting a week for each episode may cause you to lose details that you might otherwise have noticed watching them contigently. If you plan on watching this show once, marathon is more attractive, to certain individuals then just waiting weeks after weeks for one episode. IMO of course.

I think what he meant is you marathon the episodes that are there already repeatedly while waiting for next one :)
Apr 12, 2011 8:12 PM

Aug 2010
Cute cat girl maids was added in nicely. Enjoying the mystery, I have some ideas but they're kind of baseless so I'll wait up before I throw them out there, haha.
Apr 12, 2011 10:18 PM

Aug 2008
way better than first episode!
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Oosran - Apr 19, 2011

260 by OmBerry12_Bleach »»
Yesterday, 11:01 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

LadyOrihime - Aug 30, 2011

805 by Nemesis133 »»
Yesterday, 8:24 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

saxophone15 - Apr 26, 2011

241 by GatchiShoppo »»
Apr 20, 4:33 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Samu-tan - Apr 3, 2011

550 by Dyphz »»
Apr 17, 12:00 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

shanimebib - Sep 13, 2011

1825 by fentphantom »»
Apr 12, 12:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.