Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Apr 9, 2011 10:42 AM

Nov 2008
A second season is most likely on its way. I didn't think the fighting scenes in this episode were great, and there were a few parts that could use better animation.

Anyway, just WHAT was Yui doing??!

Apr 9, 2011 10:55 AM

Jul 2008
neonwave said:
A second season is most likely on its way. I didn't think the fighting scenes in this episode were great, and there were a few parts that could use better animation.

Anyway, just WHAT was Yui doing??!

She was scared shitless and went nut?
Apr 9, 2011 12:41 PM

Jun 2010
Well I liked it anyways but it would be a major problem if there wasn't a second season.

Seeing as I watched the whole show before starting to read the manga I don't really have a problem with it like the manga readers do. Treesea was awesome, the storyline was okay, and from what I'm reading now it's not like they made any irreperable changes. They could easily make another season that picks up with the manga's plot.

I just don't really see why so many are complaining about it. This show was fine for what it was, now if there never is a second season then I could understand why people are so angry about the deviations.
Apr 9, 2011 1:02 PM

Aug 2010
The ending wasn't good at all but it wasn't bad. And they said that "strength in a Dream is the strength of will" well I believe that. In your Dream you actually can do almost everything but it's hard, it's like you can't control yourself. And you can't see well because you don't have HDMI port in your dream (just joking ^^)

In this anime everything isn't yet clear I'm sure they're going to make the 2nd season.
Apr 9, 2011 2:46 PM

Dec 2009
Loved the show, but the last 3 episodes were...
Pretty bad.
Apr 9, 2011 3:04 PM

Feb 2011
I enjoyed this series a lot but the last couple of episode got too slow and the ending was asking for a second season. I hope they do come out with one.
Apr 9, 2011 3:31 PM

Oct 2009
A lot of questions are still open...
Apr 9, 2011 4:21 PM

Sep 2009
the way it ended seems to indicate a second season on its way

My body is ready!
Apr 9, 2011 4:46 PM

Sep 2010
I liked most of the show, but this episode wasn't too great.
A lot of things are still unaddressed. Second season?
Apr 9, 2011 11:20 PM
Apr 2011
I really enjoyed this anime, it shows far the creators will go without eating up the source material.

I admit, I haven't read the manga (though I might as well seeing as I enjoyed the anime) but after seeing most of your comments, I can probably guess that their leaving the manga to build up more before they let the anime plough though it.

The general expectation is that this show will get a second season (and rightfully so), but who says the show will get the "all clear" too? It seems like the show has been a little over-confident that they will get a chance to finish the story, I'm worried that the show might not have impressed the network enough for that second season.
Apr 10, 2011 4:20 AM

Nov 2008
vinnyboiler said:
The general expectation is that this show will get a second season (and rightfully so), but who says the show will get the "all clear" too? It seems like the show has been a little over-confident that they will get a chance to finish the story, I'm worried that the show might not have impressed the network enough for that second season.

Well, the second season might get cancelled if the audience weren't drawn into the first season because of the bad last few episodes.

If the manga is so much better, why couldn't they just use it? Instead of all the plot changes, this could've been a really great anime.
Apr 10, 2011 6:37 AM
Jul 2010
Great concept and great first episode. Went downhill from there.

Really, the characters are great and the story itself wasn't so bad at all except it was completely unfinished. So many things that were mentioned but not developed and/or resolved. We never got to know how Merry got to the Dream World nor what her power truly is. We never got to know why people are perfectly fine when she defeats the Dream Demons but become apathetic if that's done by any other Dream Demon. I still wonder what are Pharos intentions in invading reality and I'd like to know more about John Doe and what's his role in all this. Oh, and what about Engi and her revenge? So many plot points that weren't addressed to...

And this final episode was kinda stupid and anti-climatic not to mention that, apart from Yumeji realizing his power in the Dream World, the battle made no sense at all. Chizuru in the last scene being better than all those people whose dreams got shattered was kinda stupid too.

I hope this gets a second season but perhaps it should be better to just read the manga... Either way, this gets a 6/10 from me right now. IF a good second season comes, I may raise it to a 7 knowing that this isn't a definite ending.
Apr 10, 2011 2:12 PM
Dec 2010
Season 2 plox
Apr 10, 2011 2:29 PM

Aug 2010
The art was really cool looking and the story was interesting. It was a bit slow at times, but the ending was ridiculously rushed... I really liked a lot about it but it had some issues...
Overall about an 8 out of 10. Maybe a little lower.
よ!僕はジェフです。エンジニアです。日本語が下手です。もっと勉強しなきゃいけない!
Apr 10, 2011 6:44 PM
Apr 2010
Wtf.... The action was crap, the progression was shit, and the ending was just plain abrupt... =/ wth did i seriously watch?! I felt absolutely no emotion from that whatsoever. junk ending.
Apr 10, 2011 7:29 PM

May 2010
Half way through this show i knew this would be the typical ending, but ohh boy, how wrong was I. It was a lot worse.

The whole thing was so random. Guillotine sword, AIR TRUMPET?!?! Everything was lost at that point, and it finishes with the famous punch (and sword in this case) and the awe so powerful enemy is defeated. What a joke. If this doesn't get a second season, it will only serve to prove what a shit anime this was. 5/10
Apr 10, 2011 8:32 PM

Nov 2008
Well rushed and open end. It wasn't bad but not too good.

7/10
Apr 10, 2011 9:02 PM

Apr 2010
GOD this anime had so much going for it then it got that shitty excuse for an ending I just watched. That ending alone brought down my score like crazy. I liked this anime but I can't even express how disappointed I am with this last episode. 6/10
Apr 10, 2011 11:48 PM
Mar 2008
RedLunge said:
Well I liked it anyways but it would be a major problem if there wasn't a second season.

Seeing as I watched the whole show before starting to read the manga I don't really have a problem with it like the manga readers do. Treesea was awesome, the storyline was okay, and from what I'm reading now it's not like they made any irreperable changes. They could easily make another season that picks up with the manga's plot.

I just don't really see why so many are complaining about it. This show was fine for what it was, now if there never is a second season then I could understand why people are so angry about the deviations.

well it was'nt a bad anime per say,i enjoyed this too,it was rather cute,but this show had so much going for especially with the first episode opener which was really impressive,than everything else after that,with the exceptions of episodes 5 and 6 felt so rushed compared to the manga's plot,for example,what was the purpouse of that big scary demon monster we saw in episode 10,merry never even fought him,all we saw was a fight between her and treesea,but other than that,this was a fun show which i gave it a 7 out of 10,heres hoping for a season 2 because alot of things were unresolved:D
Apr 11, 2011 3:37 PM

Aug 2009
Good show. But like everyone else is saying, the ending was really weird. I guess the earthquake took it's toll on J.C. Staff's budget and employees.
Apr 11, 2011 9:35 PM

Jul 2009
Hmm... wondering if a second season or OVA would work... manga time!
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Apr 12, 2011 3:35 AM

Sep 2010
meh, okay series could have been better.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 13, 2011 6:40 AM

Aug 2010
During all the episode i was like "and now merry will go badass like on ep 6" everytime i saw a fight scene, but meh... pretty dissapointing, 7/10 hoping for a 2nd season
Apr 13, 2011 1:45 PM

Aug 2009
Well, this anime was razonable... Some episodes and mainly episode 9/10 rescued the anime, i think that final fight should be better, i expected more. The characters were well chosen, until the theme was well availed... well, could be better. 7/10

(P.S.: I'm waiting for next season!)
Lay on, lay on, lay on, lay on...
Apr 13, 2011 4:26 PM
Dec 2007
Very anti-climactic and open ending, but the direction, atmosphere and development of the series were so good it deserves a 9/10. It was clearly missing some episodes though and a second season would be more than welcome.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Apr 14, 2011 2:02 AM

Aug 2010
So disappointed with this show. When the season began I thought this would be my favorite, but somewhere down the road it became only second. I liked the setting, the characters and the plot, but I believe that it was not handled very well, especially the ending. Could have used at least one more episode, felt like they just cut the story to give a 2-3 minutes long epilogue. I'll be generous and give it an 8 overall, even though a 7 would probably be more suitable. 3/5 for the ep.
Apr 14, 2011 3:53 AM

Jun 2009
lol fail fail fail ending. What the fuck was all that?

Apparently the almighty Mysteltainn can only be defeated by not giving up. lmao the hell?

Awful finish with lots of untied holes. Thinking of giving it a 6 but bleh 7 since at least the 12 first episodes were at least decent.
Apr 15, 2011 3:06 AM

Jan 2010
Why is everyone declaring an ending for this anime?
Clearly the characters have a lot more to do...it's highly likely that there'll be a second season. How could you even call that an ending anyway :\
Like that other guy said, this feelsl like an ending to an arc, and it probably will be.

And I kinda feel pissed off with how everyone's dissing this based on that....
Apr 16, 2011 3:32 PM

Apr 2009
This is the worst anime winter 2011, in my opinion. It had the potential to be good but turned out to be really boooring.
I think I know why. Because of the soudtrack. The music that plays during the action scenes are so boring. And really, I don't like the pattern of the series. It's always the same. Character introduced, day dream world, back to reality. And the last episode was finished WAY to fast. I'm surprised so many seems to like this ._.'
I don't want to have a season two.
Apr 16, 2011 3:43 PM

Jul 2008
KeroroGunsou said:
This is the worst anime winter 2011, in my opinion. It had the potential to be good but turned out to be really boooring.
I think I know why. Because of the soudtrack. The music that plays during the action scenes are so boring. And really, I don't like the pattern of the series. It's always the same. Character introduced, day dream world, back to reality. And the last episode was finished WAY to fast. I'm surprised so many seems to like this ._.'
I don't want to have a season two.

Lol a Kanon/Air TV fan that is saying something is bad because it's repetitive.
Apr 17, 2011 5:09 AM

Jan 2010
This fighting scenes dissappinting me, so hard
7/10 for me ;3
Sorry for my bad english ;c
Apr 17, 2011 3:45 PM
Mar 2010
Nice final!!! Last fight was awesome, and John Doe retruned in a certain sense.... His sword is great!!!
I'm a little bit upset for last 5 minutes.... it was a classic japanese final: cut scene and opening final.... probably we will see a second season, there are Elcres and Merry situations to resolve........
Yumeji is best chara of this series, Engi is good chara, too........
I give to this series 8.5, Last five minutes are 0.5 points minus.......

I want to report that this anime after firsts two episodes didn't impress me, but it has become more and more beautiful.... it doesn't easy......
Apr 17, 2011 10:28 PM

Dec 2010
Wow what the fuck? As much as I loved watching this show, the last episode was a complete letdown.

First of all, it felt rushed every minute of the episode. Second, the emotions/acting were mediocre (as in it didnt seem authentic). Thirdly, what kind of resolve is that?!?! What about the fucking light house dude?

The Mistilltain fight was more like an arc than a finale. I wanted to know what was going to happen to Yumekui but I guess that's for a possible season II. Still, it was retarded. Don't even know why Mistilltain hesitated so much with killing. Animators could have changed the pace on that. And Merry breaking out of that Bud of Despair so easily? ...lame. What's up with her being naked in it too..?

My 8/10 for this anime has turned to 7/10. If only the last episode was better.

Apr 20, 2011 12:10 AM

Apr 2008
willardhwright said:

I'm still confused what was supposed to have happened with Chris Evergreen. Mei being fine afterward seemed contrary to all their oh so dramatic concern that Merry couldn't send muma back. The main thing I liked about this series was the characters, which was more that they were refreshingly likable for a shounen than actually interesting.

Everything is explained later. It's explained quite late in the source material.

Er... no. This isn't something to get explained later. I'm not asking what specifically happened to Chris so much as why he never came up during the tens of times they deliberated on whether Merry could send mumas back. Did they just forget about it? Did I miss something in the scene that made it seem like they might have killed him or like Mei had lost her dreams?
Apr 21, 2011 3:16 PM

Jul 2008
Bio said:
willardhwright said:

I'm still confused what was supposed to have happened with Chris Evergreen. Mei being fine afterward seemed contrary to all their oh so dramatic concern that Merry couldn't send muma back. The main thing I liked about this series was the characters, which was more that they were refreshingly likable for a shounen than actually interesting.

Everything is explained later. It's explained quite late in the source material.

Er... no. This isn't something to get explained later. I'm not asking what specifically happened to Chris so much as why he never came up during the tens of times they deliberated on whether Merry could send mumas back. Did they just forget about it? Did I miss something in the scene that made it seem like they might have killed him or like Mei had lost her dreams?

It is more complicated than that.

Human can haves many dreams and if they do they won't go emo just because one shattered, they will only feel more empty so in some case it is hardly possible for a third person to say if her dream shattered or not.
It's quite the opposite, this case would only make them wonder even more in Merry's ability.
Mei's case is also kind of special.
Her dream was her love interest. Her encounter with Chris was what allowed her to make the point on her feeling and move foward.
Even if Chris would have been killed at this point there would most probably have been no difference than if he would have been sent back.
Rather than seeing her dream being shattered she accepted to move foward and let her dream go by itself, basically after understanding herself she discarded it.

So really it isn't really possible for them to take this case into account, they did not forget them it's just that it posed so many questions and that there were a lot of uncertainity that they couldn't use it as an argument.
Apr 24, 2011 12:32 PM

Apr 2009
so the ending didn't feel like an ending, and perhaps the series wasn't quite as good as I hoped it to be, but I think overall it was pretty good and I'm hoping to see more, now that I won't be spoiled anything that happened in the anime I feel like checking out that manga.
Apr 24, 2011 1:30 PM

Aug 2010
Yumekui Merry season 2 yeah. I hope theres a season 2 i liked this anime and there was some cliffhnagers lighthouse guy was not defeated and Merry is still in the human world thats enough for a 12 episode season 2.
Apr 28, 2011 1:48 PM

Jul 2009
Is it me or was the music totally wrong? Whenever there was a battle I always had this feeling that the music was too calm and quiet....

7/10 from me but I still think that it's a bit too high...
ʕ • ᴥ • ʔ
Apr 28, 2011 9:05 PM

Oct 2010
Wow the ending slowly made me feel like a black hole was forming in my stomach

Should have been more awesome especially since it was from J.C. Staff(I guess all studious go through times like these If it end here then 6/10 but if there is a second season then maybe about 8/10 since that will allow the show to set up for an actual closure
Apr 30, 2011 7:41 PM

Dec 2009
So that's all? No Merry's past? What a bleh ending ;o; I was expecting so much more when i started watching this anime thought they would show more about Merry and say she was Yumeji's childhood friend or something - based on the opening where it shows both running - T_T & those battles in the end for some reason were boring for me, Yumeji getting power from nowhere and still, boring.
Guess i'll search for the manga, maybe i can have more fun reading it.
May 1, 2011 9:01 PM

Jul 2010
Iilia said:
It ended like it began: Merry sending people back to the Dream World. An okay ending to the story of Treesea, but it felt like the ending to an arc, not the story. Where's my awesome John Dew? What about Pharos? Will we ever see Merry sent back herself? I want a season two.

God, it's Pandora Hearts all over again.

For what it was, it was all right. I still love Yumekui Merry, but because of this ending it feels pretty bittersweet. I think I'll go have a donut now.

yea, i think they planned that, so if there is enough popularity they will continue it.

May 3, 2011 1:09 AM

Jun 2009
I actually love the art especially in the beginning of the anime series! XD I like Merry's character! But I'm not to keen with the ending and I think that's not the ending at all in the manga.. It has potential but it doesn't really answer anything from the start.. And the fight was okay but not really cool.. it falls short in the entertainment bit.. All in all, I enjoyed it especially the animation and the story plot so an 8.. So I'll read the manga then to satisfy this curiosity.. Dang! another Pandora Hearts eh? The manga is perfect but the ending of the anime ruined that perfectness.. >.<
May 9, 2011 4:25 PM

Jun 2008
You know...couldn't Merry have killed the teacher in the dream to just end everything? That would leave the tree girl with no vessel...

Also, I was expecting Nightmare Form Merry (or whatever it's called), and a cameo from John.

Oh well, waiting on a second season...

May 12, 2011 7:52 PM

Dec 2008
wow this was fucking garbage i was gonna give this a 7 but it just dropped to a 5 after this shit.

half the music playing in the background noticeably didnt fit their scenes at all, a very anti-climactic ending to the battle, that whole scene with yumeji summoning the chainsaw-thing turned out to be completely pointless, there was no sense of victory after the battle. there were so many things that this episode did wrong i could keep goin.

why the fuck was she randomly playing an "air trombone"?
May 15, 2011 8:28 AM

May 2010
holy shit that was cliche,
battle scene felt sooooo dragged out.
May 29, 2011 7:13 AM
Feb 2011
Once Yumeji started to say "the power of dreams is the power of the heart, believe in blah blah blah", my Willing Suspension of Disbelief just collapsed. The whole series was good except this.
Jun 24, 2011 7:37 PM

Mar 2011
Iilia said:
It ended like it began: Merry sending people back to the Dream World. An okay ending to the story of Treesea, but it felt like the ending to an arc, not the story. Where's my awesome John Dew? What about Pharos? Will we ever see Merry sent back herself? I want a season two.

God, it's Pandora Hearts all over again.

For what it was, it was all right. I still love Yumekui Merry, but because of this ending it feels pretty bittersweet. I think I'll go have a donut now.

Exactly what I thought (Ok...Even tho I'm 2-3 months behind ><). Felt like they dragged out that fight a wee bit too much..Ok, not a wee bit, probably much more than that..Anyways, Definitely hope to see more because there are so many questions for me right now..
--Dread Knight Torac, Destroyer of Grammar Nazis--
Jun 28, 2011 11:10 PM

Feb 2011
Holy crap it seems that the quotes from every Disney movie were taken and put into this one episode. I believe? Never giving up? Oh please, this was more cliche than any American war movies that has been produced this decade.

What a let down, I REALLY wanted John Doe to appear with Yumeji to kick that bit*ch's ass right there and then. And speaking of him, WTF was he for the past 4+ episodes?
Jul 1, 2011 3:59 AM

Feb 2010
is there going to be another season? did that teacher really fucked that dream demon? why is yui pretending to give an air BJ? what's with yumeji talking to blue hair girl about merry's vagina bone is showing? what is suigintou doing in this anime? need answers
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 2, 2011 5:47 AM

Oct 2009
6/10
Great idea, with very bad feeding
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yumekui Merry Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Kuro4735 - Jan 6, 2011

189 by Limi »»
Jan 6, 5:20 AM

Poll: » Yumekui Merry Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Blackbird - Mar 31, 2011

82 by Archean-Return »»
Aug 10, 2023 6:25 PM

Poll: » Yumekui Merry Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Mar 24, 2011

97 by Archean-Return »»
Aug 10, 2023 5:42 PM

Poll: » Yumekui Merry Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

stevewiess01 - Mar 3, 2011

86 by Archean-Return »»
Aug 10, 2023 4:07 PM

Poll: » Yumekui Merry Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

stevewiess01 - Feb 24, 2011

73 by Archean-Return »»
Aug 10, 2023 3:24 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.