Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 1, 2017 11:08 PM

Mar 2012
Seems interesting. I dig historical anime so I'll probably be able to enjoy it. Already have a general idea of what the heck happened during this period thanks to other shows xD
Jul 26, 2017 8:50 PM

Jul 2015
This anime is definitely not my thing, but I think I will give it 2-3 more episodes before deciding. Sasuke is a fun guy.
Sep 26, 2017 5:43 AM
Sep 2009
Love this show -- although I was prepared for it with the manga.
Apr 2, 2018 1:22 PM

Mar 2018
Sometimes the concept of subjectivity evades me entirely whilst reading some of these comments.

"Slow paced" and "boring", amongst others.

Couldn't be further from what i just watched. Thought the episode flowed quite nicely. From the get, the relation between Odu Nobunaga and Sasuke is pretty hilarious. The dialogue in this episode was top notch and the over the top silliness regarding the pursuit of the teacup was done in a overtly brilliant way. The silliness wasn't lost but it didn't detract from the tone of the episode.

The inner thoughts of Sasuke at the beginning of the episode were absolutely hilarious as well as the ending between the aforementioned. All in all, this episode as someone else previously stated in this thread was simply glorious.

I really hope the writing holds up. Excited for the next episode.

Recommend me some short Manga!

Sep 12, 2018 2:36 PM

Aug 2009
This show reminds me of the old Civilisation doc from BBC.
Apr 30, 2019 12:52 AM
Jan 2019
now i do wonder this is history of Japan? it make me more confuse, and so i don't like the anime by the way the plat is boring the character is confusing the idea is average it's not bad ether
Jun 28, 2019 7:59 AM

Jan 2018
All these people in here saying it was a boring episode.. guess it's just not their cup of tea.....

Anyway, I thought this was a great start. Actually funny without being cliched in any way, and laid the grounds for one of the most unique premises I've ever seen. Based on what I've heard from the people who have completed the show, they've all described it as your proverbial diamond in the coal mine. My only real qualms with the episode had to do with the soundtrack, but other than that I think this is going to be quite an interesting ride.

"I am not sure that I exist, actually. I am all the writers that I have read, all the
people that I have met, all the women that I have loved; all the cities I have visited.
"
― Jorge Luis Borges
[url=]Goodreads[/url] | [url=]Letterboxd[/url]

Oct 27, 2019 6:38 AM

Oct 2015
So far I'm digging the opening episode of this series.

I'm loving Sasuke, such an aesthete to the core, and also amusing. I hope he is the protagonist.

That teakettle saga was really hilarious, Matsunaga was willing to die for his "soul", damn that was pretty hectic.

Last scene was intense.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

May 30, 2020 6:53 PM
Dec 2019
Bro if you wanna talk aesthetics, to paraphrase Samurai Champloo, "What the hell were they thinking with those dumbass hairstyles?"

Also sandals on socks. Idk why they don't just make shoes and insist on wearing inconvenient sandals.

On the other hand the armor aesthetic is pretty nice (minus the footwear). The foot soldier armor gives them a big belly so that's ugly. The armor of the generals is much better.

I could care less about tea kettles. It looks like my Lodge cast iron pan.
Jun 25, 2020 10:46 AM

Oct 2019
The anime surprisingly feels good to me. I don't know if it's the atmosphere or the over the top comedy aesthete sasuke, historically enough it looks interesting to me. Though I don't think it's important to know the history to enjoy it.

Sep 8, 2020 10:37 PM

Jun 2015
Incredible start. Sasuke reminds me a bit of Justy Ueki Tylor with how he can be a rather silly character in an otherwise serious setting.

💖 𝐼'𝓂 𝒽𝒶𝓎𝒹𝑒𝓃❣ 💖

⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚ 💝 𝒯𝓌𝒾𝓉𝓉𝑒𝓇 💝 𝒴𝑜𝓊𝒯𝓊𝒷𝑒 💝 ˚୨୧⋆。˚ ⋆
💝 𝑀𝓎𝐹𝒾𝑔𝓊𝓇𝑒𝒞𝑜𝓁𝓁𝑒𝒸𝓉𝒾𝑜𝓃 💝
Nov 18, 2022 7:54 PM

Dec 2019
Man I really wanted to get into this show cause it looks like a promising gem, but what are they saying daaawg 💀 are my subtitles bad or is the language too historical for my english proficiency? Anyway I'll give my third attempt on this show within 3 years
Nov 16, 2023 11:50 AM
Oct 2019
Reply to Euroqean
Man I really wanted to get into this show cause it looks like a promising gem, but what are they saying daaawg 💀 are my subtitles bad or is the language too historical for my english proficiency? Anyway I'll give my third attempt on this show within 3 years
@Euroqean what are you referring to specifically? the subtitles i'm seeing look pretty normal to me. since you asked this question literally a year ago, hopefully you've already had the issue resolved
Nov 16, 2023 11:54 AM
Oct 2019
so the mc is a bit of a nerd. which, is totally understandable and acceptable. we all have things we nerd out about. for my tastes, however, he is a little over the top. just a little. nothing too crazy. but enough for me to be like "yo dawg, chill" two or three times this episode. for example, when he rolled around on the floor after trying to piece the teakettle lid back together and it was still cracked and missing some pieces. or when he was critiquing the generals clothing choices earlier in the episode.

truthfully though, this has potential. so we'll see how these next few go.
Mar 15, 7:29 AM
Dec 2018
A samurai story with a mixture of the history of Japan's samurai and a funny combination of comedy. I liked the first episode
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hyouge Mono Episode 3 Discussion

Zepwich - Apr 29, 2011

22 by MajedM1999 »»
Mar 15, 7:36 AM

Poll: » Hyouge Mono Episode 2 Discussion

dbaranyi - Apr 18, 2011

27 by MajedM1999 »»
Mar 15, 7:35 AM

Poll: » Hyouge Mono Episode 39 Discussion

Dunky - Apr 5, 2013

26 by OrdinaryAlien »»
Feb 10, 4:07 AM

Poll: » Hyouge Mono Episode 34 Discussion

MusashiRose - Apr 27, 2013

5 by Fronzel »»
Apr 28, 2023 12:44 PM

Poll: » Hyouge Mono Episode 30 Discussion

MusashiRose - Apr 27, 2013

4 by Fronzel »»
Apr 27, 2023 3:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.