Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Apr 6, 2011 9:06 AM
Apr 2009
A special episode with two different animes clashing in One Piece?

I thought it was cool.
HalvorzNApr 6, 2011 11:59 AM
Apr 6, 2011 9:30 AM
Sep 2008
but isnt this ep the special collaborative thingy??
Apr 6, 2011 12:53 PM

Jan 2010
Eh, I was thinking about watching Toriko, but it doesn't really seem all that interesting after this...Still, it was an ok episode, but it failed for taking out half of the crew and not even showing Luffy's gears.
Dear Math,
I'm not a therapist. Solve your own problems.

Oh, and Algebra?
Stop asking us to find your ex, she's NEVER coming back.
Apr 6, 2011 2:17 PM

Dec 2007
It was kinda lame...
Apr 6, 2011 6:36 PM

Jun 2008
it entertained me, seems like they will continue toriko for the next episode as well, looking forward to it.
Apr 6, 2011 7:12 PM

Jul 2007
mrSmiles said:
it entertained me, seems like they will continue toriko for the next episode as well, looking forward to it.

No there not, the next episode 493 is luffy's and ace's back story. The arc i been waiting for to be animated for a long time ever since i read it in the manga.

Apr 6, 2011 8:10 PM

Jun 2010
is it really episode 492 or is it a special?

well, I thought it was ok and I am not sure if I will enjoy the knife and fork attack when I will watch Toriko. I had plans of watching it since it is pretty popular. I am still looking forward to the Toriko anime.
somehow, the opening reminds me of DB and Toriko reminds me of Goku.. LOL, I thought the ending song didn't match the episode
Apr 7, 2011 11:16 AM

May 2009
I think its best not to judge Toriko on this special...same goes for One Piece. so I take it this episode is the same as the One Piece X Toriko? this: http://myanimelist.net/anime/10535/Toriko_x_One_Piece_Collabo_Special
Apr 7, 2011 11:42 AM

Sep 2010
I only have 2 problems with this special. One is that it left out part of luffy's crew, more specifically Zoro. My second problem is that neither Toriko or Luffy went all out in the special which was pretty disappointing. Kept saying to myself "Alright now luffy's about to get serious!",...

I did however find it totally hilarious at many many parts, and it is always great to see luffy's crew on a new adventure. Could have been better, but still pretty nice : )

Don't think I am going to watch the Toriko anime though, none of the characters grabbed me like Luffy, Chopper, and Zoro from one piece.
Apr 7, 2011 12:23 PM

May 2007
Boring as hell where was zoro? didnt even make full impact of the crew neither the abilities that luffy has toriko well that anime i never gonna watch sounds lame and its a oversized dude in wannaB goku clothes.... wonder if this counts as a +1 ep for one piece to add on my list or not =\
“If you win, you live. If you lose, you die. If you don’t fight, you can’t win.”
Apr 8, 2011 5:54 PM

Dec 2008
i didn't get it.. was it really episode 492? wiki says it was, but didn't they say in the middle of the anime that next sunday will have another adventure with toriko and luffy?
then this -> http://myanimelist.net/anime/10535/Toriko_x_One_Piece_Collabo_Special seems to be "canceled" from mal..
althought, next sunday there will start airing new arc from real OP story (with luffy's background as child together ace) ...but they even said that still next sunday there will be another special toriko x one piece.. so.. i don't get it ;___;

if there will be another special then "toriko x one piece" should get its own mal page and wiki did wrong by counting the first toriko x one piece (40 min) special as normal one piece episode 492..

does someone know how we should considerate it? ep 492 or a real special outside one piece's count of episodes (and so the need to get a mal page)? o_o

Apr 8, 2011 6:38 PM

Apr 2007
The official sites for both Toriko and One Piece list the first half of the crossover special as the first episode of Toriko and the second half as episode 492 of One Piece. So because of that the entry for the special was removed.

EtnaEraclea said:
but didn't they say in the middle of the anime that next sunday will have another adventure with toriko and luffy?
As for this I believe they were just referring to the rest of the episode? Either way there is no more to the special. This Sunday will air the 2nd episode of Toriko and episode 493 of One Piece with no crossover involved.

And don't worry a lot of people were confused be this, including me of course. Damn Toei.
Apr 9, 2011 1:45 PM

Dec 2008
@Monochrome thanks for the good explanation ♥

Apr 9, 2011 1:46 PM

Nov 2010
Boring.
Apr 9, 2011 5:55 PM

Jan 2008
flame_master_14 said:
Eh, I was thinking about watching Toriko, but it doesn't really seem all that interesting after this...Still, it was an ok episode, but it failed for taking out half of the crew and not even showing Luffy's gears.

I know, right? I too was pissed that he didn't even once do a Gear Second, yet the manga did twice. Lame!

I still can't believe that the collaboration two-part special was actually two separate episodes. That's kind of bad actually. Just imagine all those poor bastards who buy the first volume of Toriko and volume X of One Piece. They're going to be very confused when the episodes don't line up with the rest of what's on the DVD pack. Although, maybe they'll be smart enough to put them on their own separate DVD.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Apr 9, 2011 6:25 PM

May 2008
Monochrome said:
The official sites for both Toriko and One Piece list the first half of the crossover special as the first episode of Toriko and the second half as episode 492 of One Piece. So because of that the entry for the special was removed.

EtnaEraclea said:
but didn't they say in the middle of the anime that next sunday will have another adventure with toriko and luffy?
As for this I believe they were just referring to the rest of the episode? Either way there is no more to the special. This Sunday will air the 2nd episode of Toriko and episode 493 of One Piece with no crossover involved.

And don't worry a lot of people were confused be this, including me of course. Damn Toei.
Thanks for the Update. I had the same Question.
Apr 9, 2011 6:41 PM

Feb 2011
The special was okay although it was kind of disappointing that Luffy didn't get to do half of the stuff he's capable of doing, the ending was kind of funny.
WATASHI WA KANBIKIJANAI DESU! YOROSHIKU ONEGAISHIMASU!
Apr 10, 2011 4:55 AM
Sep 2010
Hmm. No Zoro-kun? Not watching. Thanks for the info.
Apr 10, 2011 4:59 AM

Sep 2008
Oh..so I was sitting here thinking I was behind an episode..anyways reminded me of Monster Hunter, just about eating.
Jun 2, 2014 9:25 PM

Oct 2012
Luffy, y u no use 2nd/3rd Gear?

Anyway, sweet crossover
I saw a girl that resembles Boa Hancock so much
Toriko, Luffy both of you're so lucky xD

Hoping for more crossover in the future
Especially when the tension is so high
"Signature removed"
Nov 14, 2014 7:50 AM

Oct 2013
I'm gonna start watching Toriko,after i catch up with OP.

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 391 Discussion

Kitschi - Mar 11, 2009

40 by gannoncannon55 »»
21 minutes ago

» I miss the old fights.

NeutralSide - Sep 14, 2023

25 by NeutralSide »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1062 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

AhriTheS3xyFox - May 20, 2023

328 by mihirmishra »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 229 Discussion

VARIAchan - Jan 5, 2010

42 by kejora »»
12 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 390 Discussion

enkil - May 5, 2009

40 by gannoncannon55 »»
Today, 12:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.