Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Apr 3, 2011 11:01 AM

Feb 2008
great show 10/10
Apr 3, 2011 11:05 AM

Jun 2009
That was a fantastic ending. I love the scene where Takuto broke Wako's seal.
Anyways, this was a great series.

Apr 3, 2011 11:09 AM

Dec 2008
Animation of the fight scenes was great!! Gave it a 7/10 because the final episode left a little too much unresolved.
Apr 3, 2011 11:15 AM

Jun 2008
WOAH
JUST
WOAH

That is all.
Apr 3, 2011 11:20 AM

Jan 2009
30 minutes removed from seeing the Star Driver series finale and my jaw is still on the floor. Usually a really good anime will get a crappy ending. It's very rare that a really good anime that gets an ending so good that it eclipses every episode that came before it. Tremendous job to the BONES staff on this one! -- KIRABOSHI! o_o>
"I don't want to live the dream because dreams always end when they get to the good part." - Sebastian Carmichael, A.R. Dragonfly
Apr 3, 2011 11:30 AM

Jul 2008
KIRABOSHI FOREVER!

I'll miss this series so much.
Apr 3, 2011 11:54 AM

Jan 2011
... No more Star Driver Sundays. What am I to do. D;
Apr 3, 2011 12:17 PM

Oct 2009
Great ending, but it needs an epilogue. I'm glad we got to hear Monochrome again.

Watanabe FTW!
Apr 3, 2011 12:23 PM
Jan 2011
Well, then too bad for the Kiraboshi gang, they only found out as to how foolish they all are. Man, I wish that there is some Wako fanservice in this ep, but I can only wish.....I wonder as how Takuto and Sugata can go back to earth that now Tauburn is totally wrecked in space?
Apr 3, 2011 12:31 PM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
Very good anime 8/10 And ending was fine.
Apr 3, 2011 12:32 PM

Nov 2007
HEAD SHOULD HAVE WON. Head confirmed for badass villain, giving the you were all just pawns! pretty cool when the glittering crux all helped Takuto. you know the ending really wasn't so bad though.

I thought Takuto was going to turn down Wakuto and confess his true ... homo bromance for Suagta.

Would have laughed if the world ended since he broke Wako's seal. also would have been amusing if he turned evil then killed Sugata and used Samekh to control everything and ally with his father!

ahhh some true trolling could have been done but still decent ending.

lots of boring filler, villains of the week and all but still thought it was good somewhere between 7-8/10.

2nd season would be fine and there's more to work with.
Apr 3, 2011 12:33 PM

Nov 2009
I was confused why it ended with them abandoned in space. It was the best finale ever, except the fact that it was sort of just one giantly awesome battle after another - it flowed good though.

All the cybodies are destroyed but a lot of other things are unresolved. Although i guess Wako admits she wants a harem.
Apr 3, 2011 12:38 PM

Aug 2009
Well that was a fun ending, even if it did just feel like Gurren Lagann on FAAAAABULOUS instead of Spiral Power (I know that can be said for the whole series, but this episode especially).

I guess the only big question left is what the heck the Cybodies/Sarina/Prez really are, but at this point I don't really care that much. Sure it would've been nice to know, but it isn't THAT big of a hindrance on the overall plot/enjoyment.

KIRABOSHI! (I will be doing this to random people at conventions this year. I'm hoping for a success rate of at least 50%)
Ha-cha!
Apr 3, 2011 12:40 PM

Jul 2010
Some epic battles this time o.o
Apr 3, 2011 1:02 PM

Aug 2009
4 out 10? I'm surprise you can finish the series then. Good ending to the series but kinda disappointed with the last scene. Kinda strange when Sugata was going to sacrifice himself and Wako didn't even cry at all. Disappointed that Samekh didn't put up a better fight. 8/10

They can easily make a sequel or a movie out of this.
SoFarGoneApr 3, 2011 1:20 PM
Apr 3, 2011 1:03 PM

Aug 2010
Awesome ending and very epic. I was literally excited the whole time that. Good ending and the animation was just so awesome. I'm so happy right now :)
Apr 3, 2011 1:34 PM

Aug 2008
FABULOUS is FABULOUS

edit: i totally knew they would have a takuto x sugata ending
with jun fukuyama, it's always going to be fabulous
OniikamiApr 3, 2011 1:43 PM
Apr 3, 2011 1:54 PM
Dec 2007
Wheres my GIF for the PAUNCH

EDIT: my my post #28 silly me.
WarRokApr 3, 2011 2:07 PM
Apr 3, 2011 1:56 PM

Nov 2009
O.O Wow! Amazing final episode, so much action all the way. I really enjoyed watching this series every Sunday's, I shall miss it. 8/10
Apr 3, 2011 1:57 PM

Apr 2010
FUCKING AMAZING!!!!! I loved Star Driver from the start all the way to the amazingly epic end. When Takuto broke Wako's seal I was freaking out. That was the last thing I would have expected. I will miss Takuto and all his Awesome Cyberbody fights. TT.TT
10/10
Apr 3, 2011 2:05 PM

Jun 2008
Fabulous last episode but i can't say the same for the whole series since at times it got tiring. Now after seeing it reaching the end i still wonder why this series needed 25 episodes. It was just doing the "fight of the week" every episode until it reaches the end. Did we really needed so many fights of the week?
Many characters seem useless. Why were they even presented? Just so we can see more hot girls and pretty boys? And what about our little Alien girl with the mini yellow fox thing? What was the reason they showed her talking like that giving signals of not being just a human friend of Wako as we first thought if she had no role at all?
It was a fun show with some nice art and eye candy but not really a very complete and solid show.
MonadApr 3, 2011 2:16 PM
Apr 3, 2011 2:16 PM

Nov 2010
Did Wako choose anyone? There was the running bet between Sugata and Takuto that Sugata will give up Wako if Takuto defeated him. Well... didn't he? Hmmm.
Apr 3, 2011 2:25 PM

Mar 2010
alright story, awsome animation and sound, awsome fight in the end.

my only gripe would be that wako didnt choose one of them, i mean why present all that tension if your not going to resolve it??! i hate when shows do that. other than that this show was a 7.5-8/10
Apr 3, 2011 2:44 PM

Oct 2010
Very nice final episode. and i see they put the Monochrome song in there again. Nice touch for the final episode! I missed that tune.
The fighting scenes were also great. I also had a feeling the rest of the Crux would rebel against Tokio.

I'll give it a 8/10
Apr 3, 2011 2:45 PM

Aug 2009
What? No epilogue?? Noooo!

Alright this needs a short ova of some kind.. Just to tie up a few things... Then I'll be happy. 9/10 nonethless.
Apr 3, 2011 2:57 PM

Feb 2009
SoFarGone said:
4 out 10? I'm surprise you can finish the series then.

After giving it a chance of 15 episodes, I needed to see the end of what had become the galactic garbage.
Apr 3, 2011 3:00 PM
Dec 2007
The direction, character development and scriptwriting were even more awful in this final episode than in the last 3 episodes. Wish I could rewind time just to drop the series after the first episode. It was kind of a Gurren Lagann rip without the talent nor buildup. 6/10 overall, just because the pink-haired sisters' arc was really cool.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Apr 3, 2011 3:02 PM

Apr 2008
So...Can we officially call Sugata/Wako/Takuto canon now?
Apr 3, 2011 3:09 PM

Feb 2010
That twist at the end was not needed nor wanted imho. 7/10
Apr 3, 2011 3:42 PM

Apr 2010
HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!!!!! HANDS DOWN THE BEST ANIME THIS SEASON!!

i somehow knew that takuto just wouldnt let sugata go like that. and now wako can leave the island.

This is the kind of ending i havent seen in a long time. it was amazing unlike most of the animes that recently came out.

and the way they PLAYED MONOCHROME!!!!!

THIS EARNS A SPOT IN MY FAVORITE ANIME LIST AND 10/10 even though some episodes sucked!!
Apr 3, 2011 3:45 PM

Oct 2010
so much action and great animation, so much love for this anime
10/10 for me!
Apr 3, 2011 4:05 PM

Jul 2009
umm yeah nothing special, final verdict 5/10.
why did they close with no conclusion what so ever -_-"?
DarkRyuuseiApr 3, 2011 4:09 PM
Apr 3, 2011 4:14 PM
Mar 2010
Drake-san said:
Great ending, but it needs an epilogue. I'm glad we got to hear Monochrome again.

Agreed! If anyone has read ahead in the manga, a spoiler of what happens would be nice lol. I am not sure if the manga even covers it but if it does...spoil please
Apr 3, 2011 4:15 PM

Aug 2010
This show was fine i cannout say an exact thing but i never really got into this show i was never excited for it
Apr 3, 2011 4:48 PM

Nov 2007
.....what the fuck was that? OH GEE, WHAT A BEAUTIFUL SKY, LET'S MOVE ON.

ahahahah tauburn was able to beat samekh /all alone/; it would've made more sense if the whole kiraboshi gang fought alongside him. oh well, the kiraboshi moment was pretty touching, and am gonna miss the show. ( unfortunately LMFAO even though it's so crappy ) i'll give it a 7 b/c i liked head a lot. ; w ;
Apr 3, 2011 5:04 PM

Jul 2008
BEST
ENDING
EVER
Apr 3, 2011 5:11 PM
Jul 2018
Chibisah said:
So...Can we officially call Sugata/Wako/Takuto canon now?

Yep. OT3 endings ftw, man.

The ending was kind of like the show: a bit predictable and filled with Tauburn being the indestructible, haxxy piece of fabulousness we know and love, but fun. I liked it.

And hey, there were rainbows and more Headdo-punching scenes from Takuto just like I was hoping (kind of). That and the return of Monochrome make the ending in my book.

GG's subs made this episode extra fabulous too ("What are you, 12?" and "My dad won't steal your soul" are classics).

(Just curious, though, but why exactly would it ever be a good thing for humans to have cybodies? Might just be me, but I think there are other ways of bonding with your friends than beating the crap out of each other in giant, alien weapons of mass destruction.)
Apr 3, 2011 5:19 PM

Jul 2010
Head: "You were all just pawns."
Kiraboshi: "We were just pawns the whole time?"
Well are you really that surprised?

Zero_sama said:
Mokuton said:
Probably the best line in the whole damn show appeared in the last episode where Head says: "Glittering Crux? What are you, twelve?".
yeah rofl
Pretty much. Head, I always knew you were win.

So let's see, after the childish Kiraboshi realizes they were used like the clueless children they are, they get upset and protect Takuto. You know, that fabulously flamboyant guy that is their sworn enemy. Did I mention everyone's cluelessness at how they can't recognize each other because they've got these awesome masks that can cloak their entire identity?
Because they're kids and they got youth on their side, their marks magically appear out of nowhere, allowing them to regain control of all their Cybodies which, by the way, are prisoners of Samehk and are attacking Takuto.

Whoops, break time. Baby Shiba commercial time! Okay, we're back. Now that the mood is ruined by those ridiculously cute Chiba's, let's get back to SD. Kiraboshi proceeds to save Takuto while Head... watches? I guess? That's always a great move on the villain's part. Yep, let's just stand there and watch all my minions get defeated.

Blah blah, Takuto defeats head. Now we have Samehk. Sugata decided he would unseal Samehk, am I right? Pretty sure that's what happened. All right, so, now that Samehk is unsealed, Sugata is going to seal Samehk again. Did I get that right? I think that's the way it went. Someone please tell me... WHAT WAS THE FUCKING POINT OF THIS?!

*Siiiighs* Takuto stops Sugata from doing this and blows Samehk up in space. Wasn't the world supposed to get destroyed? Just how did Takuto stop this? Oh right, power of youth. Also, Wako never makes a choice between Takuto or Sugata. What the hell is that?

And lastly, we have Head, whom after trying to destroy the world, is back in his floating bubble talking to his old buddies. This guy just tried to destroy the world, didn't he? Why are you talking to him? Where are the Zero Time policeman slapping handcuffs on him?

In the end we have Wako with no decision, a plot that made absolutely no sense, a villain with a ridiculous motive, and Sugata and Takuto floating in space talking about the pretty sky. All right. That's Star Driver for you.

I suppose I should mention some good points. The music was nothing short of brilliant. The animation, as usual, was awesome. Bones did that right. The voice acting was also good. Hm, I don't know what to think of this show at all. Even though that was one of the most shitty endings I've ever seen in terms of senselessness, it was actually pretty entertaining to watch. I think I'll give this a 4/10.

Note: Sorry if I'm offending any Star Driver fans, because I know you love this shows fabulousness. This is just me venting. :s
Apr 3, 2011 5:21 PM

Jun 2009
stAtic91 said:
I came rainbows.

lol that comment got me rollin
Apr 3, 2011 5:27 PM
Jul 2018
Iilia said:
Blah blah, Takuto defeats head. Now we have Samehk. Sugata decided he would unseal Samehk, am I right? Pretty sure that's what happened. All right, so, now that Samehk is unsealed, Sugata is going to seal Samehk again. Did I get that right? I think that's the way it went. Someone please tell me... WHAT WAS THE FUCKING POINT OF THIS?!

Head already broke two of the three maidens' seals when Sugata joined the Glittering Crux and wasn't exactly going to stop there. Why make it easier for him or someone else to try and unseal some sort of weapon capable of destroying the whole world when he could do something about it?

(I would agree with you that Head had some weird motives, though. They and the rest of the plot still pissed me less than the explanations in Fractale, though, so I'll give cut it some slack there.)
Apr 3, 2011 5:39 PM

Jul 2009
MY GINGA IS SHINING SO HARD RIGHT NOW.
8/10 for being awesome, but still leaving loose ends (notably the Sarina + VP "REVEAL")
Fuck yes all four songs played!
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Apr 3, 2011 6:00 PM

Mar 2010
Why the hell did head want to destroy the world in the first place.. and it seems like Takuto and Sugata are stuck in outer space or some crap? Oh and Wako is still being a baby and don't wanna figure out who she actually likes either.

Ending? What ending?
Conclusion? What conclusion?

Disappointing.
Apr 3, 2011 6:11 PM

Oct 2007
Really sad its over, even though I didn't like it at first BONES won me over in the end! ♥
Apr 3, 2011 6:36 PM

Dec 2007
I'll miss the Babyshiba commercials.
Apr 3, 2011 7:08 PM
Aug 2009
You can hate it as much as you want, but this was SICK.
Star Driver > The whole season.

☆K☆I☆R☆A☆B☆O☆S☆H☆I☆

Score: 9/10

taterhead said:
I'll miss the Babyshiba commercials.

Hahaha, you silly boy xD
Apr 3, 2011 7:09 PM

Oct 2010
Wow wow wow!!! Great ending, I was scared that it wasn't going to end well! But OMG!! Head hijacking Samekh I was like WTF?!! Then Takuto breaking Wako's seal then Sugata being the martyr and then Takuto saving him! AWESOME! Now we know why Wako said "I wish you never came to the island" because she doesn't like loving two guys at once! haha had me worried there from the preview.
Apr 3, 2011 7:17 PM
Jul 2009
-1 = 9/10 at last episode...

where 2 maiden: 1st and 2nd ? and Wako stilll don't find out who she love most .
dxxxxApr 3, 2011 7:23 PM
Apr 3, 2011 7:34 PM

Oct 2010
The whole fight scene of this episode was epic and full of excitement. They even brought back Monochrome, the best music in the entire damn show.

Hell, it's been such a long while since I've seen an over-powered boss in an action/mecha anime get destroyed once and for all, rather than having to seal it away.

And like many other mecha animes, it ends up with the final scene in space where the main character(s) in their beaten up machines, watching the sun shining it's rays from behind planet earth.

Marvelous, truly Marvelous.
Apr 3, 2011 7:39 PM

Sep 2009
awesome ending ...just beautiful ~

but no epilogue.....should show more after the battle is over

anyway 10/10
Apr 3, 2011 7:44 PM
Feb 2009
fuckkkkkk no more star driver every sundays now..
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Star Driver: Kagayaki no Takuto Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

HawthorneKitty - Jan 23, 2011

130 by HerdianElang »»
Apr 8, 8:28 PM

Poll: » Star Driver: Kagayaki no Takuto Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

stevewiess01 - Oct 31, 2010

135 by Etherius_ZS »»
Jan 17, 5:33 PM

» This anime have some kind of boys love?

Kuku_Kill - Feb 11, 2023

6 by Ronninn »»
Feb 11, 2023 4:20 PM

Poll: » Star Driver: Kagayaki no Takuto Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

HawthorneKitty - Jan 30, 2011

102 by notbraxten »»
Sep 1, 2022 1:56 AM

Poll: » Star Driver: Kagayaki no Takuto Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kuro4735 - Oct 3, 2010

352 by ImpactFrames »»
Aug 8, 2022 9:49 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.