Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 2, 2011 9:55 AM

Mar 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Mizuki Nana's OP theme and studio Seven Arcs gave a slight Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha feeling in the beginning of the episode. (It's too bad that director Shinbo Akiyuki has already moved to SHAFT a long time ago...)

The show has plenty of high-caliber seiyuus you can think of, but that might be the only strength of the show. So far, it looks like a generic fantasy story with cute-looking dog-eared characters with slightly interesting settings combining modern-day Japan and a magical fantasy land. It might be too early to make any judgement though as the show is completely original, not based on any manga/light novel.

Apr 2, 2011 10:22 AM

Jun 2009
Hm... Judging by the same creator of Nanoha, I expected something more... warm. But it was really a Dogs vs Cats war? It sounded funny to me. Btw, the first episode was good. I hope more fight scenes on the next episodes.

The opening was awesome but

Ahn... I don't want Nana voicing a loli... Don't a loli that isn't like Fate. Ricotta sounds so strange for me. ;_;
Shinku reminds Takuto a little for me. I was expecting he say "Ginga Bishounen" at any time. But I liked him.

A large female cast, a kind cheerful boy... I hope that anime doesn't become a harem. But I'll trust in Masaki. I'm looking forward to the next episode.
Apr 2, 2011 10:40 AM

Aug 2009
Man, this was a pretty weird episode. We got a ton of buildup towards a "war" between the cat and dog people, but this "war" ends up consisting of battles that are pretty much just mini sports events, complete with announcers and everything. It's a rather odd way to do things o.O;

I'm not much of a fan of the OP theme, but I do recognize some of the seiyu. The characters are a bit generic, but this could turn out to be a fun little series. As of now though, there's nothing terribly notable x_x

Screenshots :)

Next Episode Preview:
Kuro4735Apr 2, 2011 10:45 AM

Apr 2, 2011 11:24 AM

Jan 2010
seems like a cute anime to watch !
Apr 2, 2011 12:05 PM

Mar 2010
Check out today's ESPN website!

Apr 2, 2011 12:29 PM

Nov 2008
My only complaint is how the soldiers end up when they are hurt, the soldiers turning into dogballs is unforgivable, I don't mind bloodless violence but don't turn them into dogballs, leave them the way they are just keep the bandages on them for the childish look (this is still a kids version of Nanoha). Seiyuu selection, OP and ED is outstanding, Nana Mizuki still does the roles of younger characters very well. Characters are between good and above average but the gimmick after the enemies are harmed is terrible even for children's show standards, other kids shows such as Precure did this way better, why didn't they do what I said above or even better let them disappear when hurt, both of these are family friendly but are tolerable. The episode in general was good, completely ridiculous, and what I expected from the series.

3.9/5

Apr 2, 2011 12:43 PM

Jul 2009
I'm apprehensive about trying this out. It looks like it could be a cute way to pass the time but if it's harem, I don't want to be tricked into watching that.
Apr 2, 2011 12:45 PM

Nov 2008
Maidloid said:
I'm apprehensive about trying this out. It looks like it could be a cute way to pass the time but if it's harem, I don't want to be tricked into watching that.

It's a kids show, there will be no harem.

urelnerifes said:

Ahn... I don't want Nana voicing a loli... Don't a loli that isn't like Fate. Ricotta sounds so strange for me. ;_;
Shinku reminds Takuto a little for me. I was expecting he say "Ginga Bishounen" at any time. But I liked him.

Nana voicing a loli=win

I'm actually glad she can still voice them so well since she's getting up in age.

Apr 2, 2011 1:31 PM

Nov 2010
*Gasp* New series already, Wohoo :D
This reminds me of Zero no Tsukaima O.O
Nana Mizuki at the OP is just pure awesomeness,the art is fine, but the title is so dumb... I hope that there'll be a bit of romance too

Neko/Inumimi fetish?

Lol awesome cliffhanger tho
Rinji-Apr 2, 2011 2:00 PM
Apr 2, 2011 1:43 PM

Jul 2010
This is cute, I think I'll enjoy it well enough.

ANIMAL EARS. ANIMAL EARS EVERYWHERE.
Apr 2, 2011 2:26 PM

Sep 2009
Eternal_Shield said:
seems like a cute anime to watch !

Agreed! Cute series with abit of actions =] Looks fun! Glad the "Hero" isnt a useless guy with no talent. I like him :3
Apr 2, 2011 2:27 PM

Apr 2010
Great first episode :D

The world needs more kemonomimi!! :3
Apr 2, 2011 2:40 PM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
1 word.. what THE HELL.... very kiddish and weird anime.. but il watch anyways xD when finish then decide how to rate and my outcome how i liked it

BUT 1 Question. WHERE the hell are all bloody anime gone? Dont say its truth that japan banned so called harmful anime.. including violence -.- If so then im depressed...
Apr 2, 2011 2:41 PM
Jun 2009
It`s quite nice!
First of all: OP song by my favourite Mizuki Nana, i just can`t miss an anime with her)))))
I was surprised that hero was summoned not for real war, but for some athletics battle.
+ 1 to shinki7`s message about talentless guy)))
I think it`ll be interesting))))))

I can think about only one minus: it`s another +1 but this time to urelnerifes`s message about Nana`s character. I`d prefer her not to voice so loli girl.
Apr 2, 2011 2:59 PM
Mar 2010
Hoppy said:

It's a kids show, there will be no harem.

It's not a kid's show. Kids shows don't air at 11:30 at night.
Apr 2, 2011 3:01 PM

Feb 2009
What a strange anime. Furries, a nation named biscotti (biscuit!) and wars that are treated like athletic games.

...oh, let's not forget the fact that defeated enemies turn into furballs.

I think this will be a fun, lighthearted anime to watch. Of course, I thought the same about Madoka :P.
Apr 2, 2011 3:08 PM

Apr 2010
i think im going to be sick.

the main characters suffers from the same problem as the one in Omamori Himari, he looks like a 12 year but sounds like he's 30 >.>

not too mention he's extremely annoying

for a basic plotline that turns out some of the very best fantasy books, how come all of the animes that use it are the worst ones imaginable?

the best part of the show is the chocobo like birds.

"If only if only, the woodpecker cried, the bark on the tree was as soft as the sky" || ♪My mind, heart is broken♫
Apr 2, 2011 3:13 PM

Sep 2010
MOE!
Apr 2, 2011 3:16 PM

Dec 2010
Ah well, its still the first episode, hopefully it gets bloodier
I wonder if they know he is from earth, and He Does NOT have a tail and ears... hmm
Apr 2, 2011 3:21 PM

Jul 2009
It feels like a weird rpg verson of Inukami lol. For once, Mamoru Miyano does not fit his role. Shinku should really be played by a girl. His voice is too low. I hope for no harem as well.
Apr 2, 2011 3:31 PM
Jul 2018
Well I guess cats and dogs battle each other in an MXC competition.

Not bad, not great. Tis okay.
Apr 2, 2011 3:31 PM

Apr 2010
This isn't a kids show. Kids shows air in day blocks. This is a show that airs in an otaku timeslot.

Plus, Nyantype and Megami already have ecchi posters from Dog Days out. Its pretty obvious what this is aimed towards.

RyanSaotomeApr 2, 2011 3:38 PM

Apr 2, 2011 3:32 PM

Feb 2011
Haha, the bird's remind me of Chocobo's.
Apr 2, 2011 3:32 PM
Jul 2018
vaikepois said:
1 word.. what THE HELL.... very kiddish and weird anime.. but il watch anyways xD when finish then decide how to rate and my outcome how i liked it

BUT 1 Question. WHERE the hell are all bloody anime gone? Dont say its truth that japan banned so called harmful anime.. including violence -.- If so then im depressed...

Wait for Deadman Wonderland in a handful of weeks.
Apr 2, 2011 3:35 PM

Feb 2011
^ Hopefully they don't tone down the violence in DW.

Also the main character looks similar to Cress from Tales of Phantasia.
MaizeApr 2, 2011 3:39 PM
Apr 2, 2011 3:38 PM

Oct 2008
So a certain video release from a certain group is 900 MB...
Are you for real?
Apr 2, 2011 3:40 PM

Apr 2010
Omniknight said:
Are you for real?

I'd imagine its okay to say the name of the group, since MAL does list the fansub groups covering each anime, after all.

But yeah, Ayako site says that he encoded while drunk. Theres a different one out at half size now though

Apr 2, 2011 3:44 PM

Oct 2008
RyanSaotome said:
Omniknight said:
Are you for real?

I'd imagine its okay to say the name of the group, since MAL does list the fansub groups covering each anime, after all.

But yeah, Ayako site says that he encoded while drunk. Theres a different one out at half size now though

O, I was under the impression the mods didn't like mentioning fansub groups. Or is it just linking to them?
Apr 2, 2011 4:09 PM

Jul 2007
Maize said:
Haha, the bird's remind me of Chocobo's.

Apr 2, 2011 4:12 PM

Nov 2009
I was hoping that this would be better, it doesn't seem to be off to a good start.

I don't think I'm going to enjoy all the cutesy stuff they do in this anime, because from what I've seen so far, it's just not going to be that good.

I'll continue watching it, I like the idea of having a hero summoned from another world, I enjoy some of the animes with similar story. The war itself seems...different than one would expect.
Apr 2, 2011 4:17 PM

Feb 2010
I love the fact that it's not a real war, because the character designs and general feel of the show don't seem to fit with a serious story. I hope it's easy going, with a lot of humor, and maybe some romance. I love the characters, really cute.
Apr 2, 2011 4:25 PM

Nov 2009
Oh wow. Yeah, i the OP singer distinctively reminds me of nanoha everytime i hear her voice; which seems to apply since it is a kiddish yet not show?? Not used to hearing Takuto's seiyuu at all though, it was sort of weird.

Leaving other shows and the people died when they are killed (ty subber) aside, it was pretty enjoyable. The main isn't useless so that is a plus. Don't know how the plot will play out yet though.
Apr 2, 2011 4:27 PM

Sep 2009
RyanSaotome said:
Omniknight said:
Are you for real?

you're talking about the LOLENCODE one right?

Even though I've never heard of them they/it/he/she/whatever gave me a big lol moment with "People die when they're killed."
Apr 2, 2011 4:40 PM

Nov 2008
Whoa, the fluff. Nanoha-ish already... please become a better series.
Apr 2, 2011 4:43 PM

Oct 2007
I dig the Caro Ru Luche clone.

Sep 2009
zmjhgvn said:
RyanSaotome said:

Even though I've never heard of them they/it/he/she/whatever gave me a big lol moment with "People die when they're killed."
that line is the only thing i enjoyed in the show XD...he really must have been drunk XD

Wow! It must be every production unit's dream to have that sort of a VA cast.
Did not like the episode at all.
Ha ha. I feel bad for the soldiers; they all have the same face XD
Hmmm...the VA cast is too pretty hence going to watch a few more episodes before judging the show.

Feb 2010
zmjhgvn said:
RyanSaotome said:
Omniknight said:
Are you for real?

the LOLENCODE one was only about 400.

Raw - 200
lolencode - 400
ayako - 900
Apr 2, 2011 5:01 PM
Dec 2009
Was interesting the first 10minutes..
but not my type of anime.
Dropped.
Apr 2, 2011 5:05 PM
Jul 2008
Wow, this is REALLY stupid. Though that won't keep me from watching it, as long as it's entertaining.
7/10 for now, let's see what ep 2 does.
Apr 2, 2011 5:22 PM

Dec 2010
im going to try to give this show a shot. I feel it will be ultra predictable he will save that country and he will go home and win the show he was going to, and take first place. i hope this has some potential down the road.
- Marissa Chan!
Apr 2, 2011 5:30 PM

Jun 2010
I hope this turns out to be a pretty good series. I like how the battle is starting right away, but will it end up being good?

I feel like this is Zero no Tsukaima and Asobi no Iku yo combined.

Apr 2, 2011 6:11 PM

May 2009
Well, this is off to a weird start. I'm going to watch it because of all the brilliant voice actors.
Apr 2, 2011 6:19 PM

Feb 2008
his voice does not match his stature though, his voice should match his age.. at least he is a quick leaner and he got the situation quite quickly.

also flying chocobos hahaha.
Apr 2, 2011 6:29 PM

Jan 2011
Seriously, it's really weird. War without injuries and people turning into cats/ dogs?
Interesting.
Apr 2, 2011 6:31 PM

Oct 2008
this is interesting..... cats, dogs,and NORIO WAKAMOTO
Oh, and the chocobo-like things
we'll see how this works out

Apr 2, 2011 6:48 PM
Mar 2011
I think the fact that no one dies REALLY takes away from any of the seriousness or danger a fantasy war should
Apr 2, 2011 6:56 PM

Mar 2010
Seems like this is gonna be your typical, person gets dragged to a different world to fight a war and then runs off back home as soon as its over leaving behind the a girl that most likely fell for him.. The usual. Cute anime though, hope it has a half way decent ending compared to all the others that are exactly the same.

Pretty amusing though and cute animal people are always neat. It would probably make a funner RPG though.
MoonFoxApr 2, 2011 6:59 PM
Apr 2, 2011 7:09 PM
Aug 2010
I thought the episode was okay. I didn't realize the all star cast until I looked up the characters.
Apr 2, 2011 7:11 PM
Jun 2008
summon = kidnapping

is that chocobo from final fantasy ,but it look like the knight of Cyrus mount from maplestory also 0.0

the war is so funny, it look more like a sport festival . overall its a light funny episode .The script writer is very good,a lot of new element in this Anime i never heard of ^^
MorningGloryApr 2, 2011 7:22 PM
Apr 2, 2011 7:13 PM

Jul 2009
Welcome to Arf world Tamaki, no i mean Shinku!

I was amazed that at first the "war" thing is like SRZBZNZ deal & suddenly Takeshi Castle-eque battle complete with commentator, interesting^^. This gonna be a fun ride to me :)

Boy, Milly really look similar with Caro don't you think^^
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dog Days Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Jun 11, 2011

65 by ZenielDanaku »»
Feb 3, 1:43 PM

» Why the heck is the animation looks good in this anime??

RjtheGreat14 - Jul 26, 2023

8 by SurgingSoulZX »»
Sep 22, 2023 8:57 PM

Poll: » Dog Days Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

zimno - Jun 25, 2011

131 by KempachiZaraki »»
Jul 19, 2023 4:23 AM

» will Dogdays get seaon 4 or it was canceled after season 3 finished airing

FL-SYNC - Apr 21, 2023

3 by Dorkave »»
Jun 9, 2023 6:56 PM

» Does dog days have any romance?

FlamingMangos - Feb 26, 2014

5 by Prizma10 »»
Dec 30, 2021 10:39 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.