Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Sep 2, 2015 8:42 AM

Mar 2014
What an interesting season this had been!
I wonder if all of it is very accurate to how manga and anime is developed as that is so interesting to know how it all works behind the scenes.

Azuki x Mashiro were talking on the phooone! >‿< Feels like their dreams are getting closer, can't wait to start the next yay.
Trash mammal
Sep 21, 2015 6:31 PM

Jul 2014
Such an enjoyable and entertaining series. The romance between Azuki and Mashiro is kinda weird with them only texting and never talking or seeing each other. Also, accepting a marriage proposal just like that is pretty unrealistic too but who am I kidding!? This is anime after all and I may have been pondering that a little too much. In the end, all that matters was that this series was really enjoyable to watch and for that I'd give it a 9/10.
Nov 20, 2015 1:36 AM

Dec 2014
gfngfnfnh
Mar 27, 2016 8:46 AM

Mar 2014
Realization of Dreams . Omeditou ~ <3 !!
Quite exhilarating even by last episode of the season. I'll be sure to check more.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 22, 2016 1:06 PM
Aug 2015
NOOO HATTURI MY WAIFU ;-;
Awesome series, straight going to watch season 2 !
Nov 29, 2016 6:45 PM

Sep 2013
As the editor in chief would say...this anime has been interesting!

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Dec 18, 2016 11:48 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Omedeto!
Congratulations!
Felicidades!

Beautiful last season episode, with all that you want in a series (although bloody fights xD), tension, drama, love and tears.

The dream is near, and now they have the confirmation, the yes, to take the series to the paper, to the manga, and in a future in a anime, but this is the future, Kekeke

25 episodes, i enjoy with them, and this series is a suprises for me, i think that was worst jejeje

9/10. and see you in the secon season :)
Jan 24, 2017 9:23 PM

Dec 2014
This was a fun one. I really liked how this avoided a lot of lame tropes. Things like winning right away or leaving their manuscript on the train ect. Even the school bully was redeemed at graduation. All of those things helped make this show very enjoyable to watch. The thing is that the stuff I didn't like was really annoying.

The existence of Koogy was pointless and was just there to cause a ruckus that didn't even matter in the end. Niizuma was a character that never got the development he deserved and just stayed this annoying brat the whole season. Aoki was just there to be there really, it wasn't like we were going to lose to a character that was just introduced an episode or two prior. Same thing for the new guy whose name I can't even remember. The biggest annoyance of them all though is definitely the relationship between Mashiro and Azuki. Jesus, you've spoken a few sentences to each other since you were kids yet somehow you're in love with each other with plans to get married?! You don't even know one another!

To the opposite end I also want to make a point about how great Miyoshi was. She came in at the start and I thought she was just going to be the friend of the MCs love interest but she turned out to be a really cool and interesting character. She seemed to understand their goal of becoming mangaka and didn't just pout that Takagi wasn't hanging out with her. You wouldn't see that in most other anime with characters like her.

All of my complaints aside I really did like this anime and am going to be watching the second season with hopes that the things I didn't like might get better with time.

7/10
Feb 5, 2017 4:06 AM

Aug 2014
Damn it's great to see Koogy was just a no one and Mashiro and Takagi got what they deserved after working so hard. A shame Fukuda and Nakai didn't make it, but they aren't beaten by it, so that's a good thing. Finally Azuki speaks with Mashiro aswell after so long! Overall a pretty solid series with some weak points, so 7/10
May 13, 2017 10:10 AM
Jan 2016
I've listened to the Bakuman OST but there's this really groovy track I can't find!

It plays right after Hattori is asked to play cards and he replies "Eh?" (starting at 14.37 minutes inside the episode)
May 14, 2017 7:30 PM
Feb 2017
Very, very nice. Enjoyed the fuck out of this show. I hope for more great things.
May 25, 2017 11:52 AM

May 2016
I gave a 7, the story was kinda boring although they talked alot about interesting manga their anime wasn't all that interesting as well :(

the art was normal, I have seen much better animation 7/10

As for the characters they were not that unique and didn't have that much of a development. 7/10

And for the vocals I didn't noticed any good voice actor except Moritaka's Grandpa and the Head chief. 6/10
Aug 12, 2017 1:34 AM

Dec 2015
It was a great ending to a great anime! I'll definitely be watching the other seasons!
Dec 1, 2017 5:22 PM
Dec 2014
This was enjoyable 8/10 I hope it don't get boring in season 2 or 3.
Dec 14, 2017 8:48 AM

Apr 2015
Gee..how are they supposed to focus on school with the serialization meeting going on? I guess it's a good thing Mashiro and Takagi are good students.

I haven't seen something this informative since that one episode of Paranoia Agent that took place during an anime production. (Also keep in mind I haven't watched Shirobako yet.)

"Jacks, three of a kind." They can't even play cards to pass the time in a tense situation like this.

"Hey, want to go have fun somewhere?" "There's no fun allowed in manga."

"Anyone can read manga. It takes talent to draw manga." And that why there is why I don't draw manga.

I feel bad for Fukuda...his manuscript was great, pure-blooded shonen. I dunno what that stupid cheese manga is, but Fukuda deserves it more. It deserves a spot in Jump Jack. I'm glad Mashiro and Takagi got it though.

Mashiro's mom still, I swear. "Once in a while, even women can understand that." Well, it's clear you don't understand it since you're still bitching about it. Though I am worried about Mashiro or Takagi eventually collapsing or something. The body can only take so much.

This Miura guy sure is...enthusastic...i'm not sure if I trust him as editor.

Gave this first season overall an 8/10. Plan on watching the next two seasons but dunno when since I've got so much to watch...
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
May 25, 2018 2:38 PM

Feb 2018
Satisfying ending good anime overall 7/10
Mar 14, 2019 5:23 PM

Jul 2011
One of the best shows I've seen in the last few years. With the exception of a few very minor complaints, I honestly can't think of any major problems I had with the show.

There's so much to praise about this show, but it's the perfect blend of everything that made it come together and feel so real. They handled issues a lot more maturely than I thought and I really appreciated that as well. Going to finish the other seasons before I give my final thoughts because there's so much I want to write about. Really hoping the quality doesn't drop, but I'll put my faith in the show since they've given me no reason to doubt them yet.
MashtaOct 7, 2019 6:14 PM
Jul 1, 2019 4:39 AM

Jan 2018
This anime. Damn, it got me. I was really satisfied for the first four episodes. I rooted for each and everyone one of them. I was being highly interactive especially that at the time they have won some awards. Especially the Golden Future Cup.

I can literally feel their ups and downs, especially in the fight that I don't want to see at all. But it got quickly resolved, so it's alright. Can't wait to see the fulfillment of their dreams. Especially Moritaka x Miho. That pure and innocent love.

10/10
Dec 7, 2019 3:39 AM

Mar 2015
Nice way to end the first season, looking forward to diving into the second!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Sep 30, 2020 12:56 PM

May 2018
Great finish! Sad to see Hattori stop being Ashirogi's editor though >.<
Oct 31, 2020 4:20 AM

Jul 2020
Amazing overall. The ending were done great and now I’m looking forward to watch Season 2.

8/10
Dec 22, 2020 7:58 PM
Apr 2020
Toradora, Golden Time, Familiar of Zero, and now this. JC staff surely knows how to make a great anime, huh?

Holy god, I didn't think this anime will be great as heck!

I didn't have much expectations of this since when it comes to the anime where their goal is being a successful mangaka, it bores me cuz of some really long dialogues. I've watched plenty of animes that have the same story line as this but this one is quite UNIQUE! The thrill of fighting whether who will be the chosen one, the dramatic moments, relationships and tension of each character. All of what I like that keeps up my hype are in this anime.

Also I love that goal of Mashiro and Azuki before going into a real love relationsship. That was pretty unrealistic! It really shows how they have 100% fate for each other.

9/10 for this. Really enjoyed it. Time to watch the second one. This anime is now taken deep of my interest :)
Jan 11, 2021 1:57 PM

Jul 2017
Great conclusion to the first season, with Ashirogi Muto succeeding in Shady Detective TRAP getting that serialization approval. They're now officially mangaka publishing in Weekly Shounen Jump. Took quite some time for them to get there, a couple years already since Takagi met Mashiro and asked him to link up and become mangaka together. They've come so damn far already, but still have ways to go to accomplish Mashiro and Azuki's dream of marrying each other once their manga becomes successful and gets an anime adaptation. If only they released their manga during the current era, where getting an anime adaptation is easy as hell if you can survive for more than 30 chapters lol. Going to be quite hectic for them dealing with the weekly life of deadlines while in high school at the same time. I loved the tension building of the previous episode and this one, and the climax was well handled too. Poor Fukuda won the Golden Future Cup along with Ashirogi Muto but failed to get serialized due to his repetitive nature of chapters he had while a genius who's only been drawing for a month got serialized in Kazuya Hiramaru lol. Call at the end with Azuki congratulating Mashiro was sweet.

Overall, an excellent first season with this rewatch. This show just continues to age better for me consistently over time with each watch/read I give it. This season was such a smooth ride for me with great, natural pacing that never felt too sluggish to watch nor rushed, and had so many great characters and narrative moments already with solid progression I have to say. It only gets better from here, I'm excited.

10/10 for season 1 as expected again.
Jan 12, 2021 6:04 PM

Jul 2020
Hmm this is where I stopped in the manga, can't wait to see what the Detective Trap journey looks like and who Miura is.
Jan 20, 2021 4:51 PM
Oct 2019
Enjoyable.

I honestly didn't care that they got serialized. I liked the camaraderie and competition with Eiji, Fukuda, Nakai, etc.

Eiji and Miyoshi are the two best characters in the show, without question.

The pseudo-marriage proprosal/relationship/whatever tf that was was awful though. I mean seriously, really bad. It brought the show down. And I truly do not care if they ever get together, or if Miho ever achieves her dreams. I wish they wouldn't show Miho-centric scenes anymore (like her singing at that one event that Miyoshi went to with Miho's sister, or going to auditions, etc).

Also thought how Saiko kept pushing to do everything faster and pulling all nighters in order to get an anime released asap was annoying. You are a 14-year old kid in some whack ass relationship with a girl you literally have never spoken to. Just stop the nonsense.

Probably about a 7.5/10, but I think a 7/10 is fair (can't rate it an 8/10 due to the aforementioned weird af relationship stuff)
Apr 19, 2021 12:18 AM

Jan 2016
I binged this show in 3 days. This show really surprised me. I don’t feel the complaints that other people had. I enjoyed every moment of it. Humor was great as well. It was intriguing see how manga are chosen and the work behind it. Am easy 10/10 but let’s see if s2 can keep up the same quality.

Jul 13, 2021 1:45 PM

Jan 2020
Well seems like Ashirogi Muto gotta move on to the next level
Jul 13, 2021 1:46 PM

Jan 2020
It's kinda sad that Hattori is not their editor anymore.....
Jul 13, 2021 1:47 PM

Jan 2020
Lol they finally talked, guess it will take centuries for them to sleep together...
Jul 15, 2021 3:44 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Man, they'd been hyping this up for a bit and it delivered! Both Mashiro & Azuki's first conversation over the phone and the results of the serialization meeting. It's honestly been a little stupid in many ways how the former played out throughout the course of the season xD but the latter hit the spot, I love how the anime put so much attention into the three emerging newbies' battle first and then a glimpse into the meeting. Credits to the Editor Chief for addressing the issue on the youth workload aspect, it took a worrying turn for a bit.

"Yes or No" - Gee, I know it ought to be obvious to begin with but it's still pretty harsh, isn't it? It's great to see Fukuda-sensei and Aoki-sensei even more determined though, I'm sure their opportunity will come in good time. Niizuma-sensei's little talk was pretty cool too. Definitely curious about that 26-year old genius though, it's insane that he's managed to get a serialization set in such a short time!

Mashiro and Takagi sure got negative like a downward spiral during waiting phase, lol. Who can honestly blame them though? Miyoshi chipping in whatever help she could and just her usual banters were fantastic, I did say that Takagi would almost certainly go down as my fav character of the series but she's putting up a real good fight. I didn't expect to like her this much, lol. Looking forward to more Miyoshi x Takagi moments!

And please some proper development for the main couple, lol.

On to another aspect that I'd like to touch upon as well. Dat cliffhanger! New editor? And Season 2 announced like that? Perfect! I like where this is going.

All in all, it's been a great season! A bit of a dry patch somewhere towards the middle but it captured the struggles really well and I'd a blast over the last day and a half. Going to miss the 2nd ED theme quite a bit honestly, I became really too attached to it and couldn't help but vibe to it when it started playing at the start. Never really got into the Op in all honesty but, for some reason, I feel like it set up the episodes well so credits for that.

9/10
_MushiRock11_Jul 22, 2021 11:35 PM
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Oct 17, 2021 3:31 PM

Dec 2007
they build the tense right to the point.
LOL everyone playing cards.

ashirugi getting serialized!

we got some development of mashiro x miho, they can talk!
(LOL that's sound so bad and sad...)

---

S1 isn't my favourite, it have the slowest pace from all the seasons.
first half was really slow and more slice and life, but 2nd half showed what so good about bakuman.
though really S1 is just big build-up for S2, where the true story begins.
8/10
Oct 14, 2022 3:35 AM
Jun 2022
Fantastic ending for the first season to wrap it all up.
Oct 20, 2022 10:00 PM

Jan 2020
So, at the end of the day only Moritaka and Takagi got serialized. Take that Aoki! I'm not sure how I feel about them landing on Detective TRAP as their manga though. I guess if the main characters are meant to be representations of Obata and Ohba themselves, then this manga could be a variation of Death Note; even though they already reference Death Note within this universe. But, maybe it'll be really interesting and do really well? I guess Season 2 will tell.

In terms of what to rate this season, I'm pretty torn. I think it could easily be an 8 or 9, but I really can't get behind how ridiculous and forefront MoritakaxMiho and their stupid, unnecessarily long distance relationship is. I don't want to reward this series too much, simply because that romance was throw in our faces way, way too much. Worst of all, it's continuously defended, even though it's clear everyone within the series, Moritaka and Miho included, recognize how absurd and abnormal it is. My only hope is that now that Moritaka is serialized, and Miho is actively pulling voice acting gigs, they'll start to close the distance between themselves. But, at the same time, how this season ended made it clear they aren't going to just outright start dating immediately. It seems we're still looking at baby steps at best.

Otherwise, this series pretty much does everything else right. I'm definitely looking forward to how this plays out and what's going to happen to Moritaka and Takagi.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Nov 25, 2022 1:33 AM
Jan 2018
Best romantic anime ever
Jan 23, 2023 11:09 AM
Jan 2023
mds finalmente eles conseguiram pqp
Jun 10, 2023 12:40 PM

Dec 2022
Great and fun anime
Jul 11, 2023 3:40 AM
Jun 2023
es exelente, jamas me hubiera imaginado que una historia normal podria ser tan entretenida
Aug 11, 2023 6:06 AM
Aug 2023
Until the moment I got to enjoy this anime, I didn't exactly have a "favorite," so to speak.
Aug 23, 2023 5:18 PM
Jul 2020
Wholesome Showxx
Sep 4, 2023 4:33 AM
Jul 2017
this was supposed to be the climax but the entire debate on why them over others wasn't included

them finally talking on the phone was bleh
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bakuman Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

stevewiess01 - Jan 22, 2011

140 by M1kasaYu1 »»
Apr 14, 4:24 AM

Poll: » Bakuman Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

stevewiess01 - Feb 26, 2011

93 by Karva1 »»
Mar 26, 5:21 PM

Poll: » Bakuman Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

stevewiess01 - Feb 5, 2011

130 by Karva1 »»
Mar 26, 2:20 PM

Poll: » Bakuman Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Kanade-chan - Dec 25, 2010

105 by Karva1 »»
Mar 24, 8:01 PM

Poll: » Bakuman Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

M0ni - Dec 4, 2010

139 by Karva1 »»
Mar 24, 1:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.