Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Episode 17 Discussion

Aug 21, 2016 7:20 AM
FUCK. NO. HE CAN'T MARRY NIA!!! D:

I my honest opinion he should go for Yoko. Him, bro and Yoko made memories. He even had feelings for Yoko, and when he ran after seeing her kiss bro… Jeez! Now that bro is gone - what a tragedy v.v - he has Yoko for himself! And Yoko seemed to like him a little too! So why did they separate??

I've been waiting so long for some more romance between Simon and Yoko. Please don't ruin it with Nia… D;

Sep 18, 2016 4:52 AM

It's great too see how the characters have changed in these 7 years, I suppose this episode is used for world building and such.
Around the gif~
"It's a big mistake to think you're the only one who can turn into a car"
- Shiori Takatsuki

Nov 13, 2016 8:31 AM
I don't really like the setting, it all just seems way too serious, i liked the way the beginning of the anime didn't take itself serious

Nov 24, 2016 3:41 PM

Mattimand said:
FUCK. NO. HE CAN'T MARRY NIA!!! D:

I my honest opinion he should go for Yoko. Him, bro and Yoko made memories. He even had feelings for Yoko, and when he ran after seeing her kiss bro… Jeez! Now that bro is gone - what a tragedy v.v - he has Yoko for himself! And Yoko seemed to like him a little too! So why did they separate??

I've been waiting so long for some more romance between Simon and Yoko. Please don't ruin it with Nia… D;

I like you, LOL. I'm not a fan of Nia x Simon man.. Yoko x Simon ftw. I thought our ship sunk when he proposed to Nia, but I guess there's still a little bit of hope, since she's now the new villain (even though she's like possessed or whatever) and also because she did initially reject Simon's proposal.

As for the actual episode, in general, we need more Yoko, seriously.. Why is she even a main character if, after Kamina died, she's not even useful or around anymore.. They've downgraded her character and it's pathetic. Rossiu definitely needs a slap in the face also.. wait wasn't he just an innocent little kid before? What happened? Man, everyone's gone complacent.

caught in the wonder

Dec 28, 2016 12:46 AM

Well then ... everything completely changed in 7 years. - A complete 180.
Viral saying that this new government is the same as the King had going is kinda bs, I'm pretty sure the people living aboveground are there by choice and helped make that city aswell. - Just because some people want to live underground again doesn't mean the entire city feels that way either, Simon obviously didn't have any issue with them going underground either.
Rossiu should know his roots aswell, the effects of his own little village he belonged to.

So the moon is a satellite ... wonder how many "Spiral" people are residing in there.

Yoko unfortunately hasn't been doing anything at all in the show apart from the start, I really like her but she needs some more memorable moments / more influence.

Apr 3, 2017 11:10 PM

Time skip eh? Quite nice to see an adult Simon.

Apr 30, 2017 5:19 PM

Great, I can't stop hearing Natsu now

it's a beautiful day outside.
birds are singing, flowers are blooming...
on days like these, kids like you...

Should be burning in hell

:>

May 13, 2017 1:42 AM

Wow 7 year time skip, people have grown up and now there is a huge city.

Unfortunately the politics is taking over and all I can see is internal strife happening now and in the future.

Pretty cool seeing Simon propose to Nia.

Wipe out the humans, so now we know a little bit about they next enemy and what to expect.

Jun 9, 2017 12:25 AM

One of the Black Siblings had a baby and Nia got engaged to Simon. A lot of romance is in the air it seems...then everything went downhill the moment the population reached a million.

Rossiu's disposed of the Gunmen and looks like he'll stage a coup any second now... Viral ain't as bad as he was back then too. I wonder how they'll get over this.

Jun 24, 2017 3:18 PM

Wow, wasn't expecting a time skip, but I'm taking it gladly.

Good episode, a lot of things changed and it got very interesting to the end.

Still missing Kamina, tho.
Kokoro did nothing wrong.

Oct 4, 2017 7:15 PM

NOW I'm enjoying watching this show

Nov 15, 2017 4:10 AM

So far I'm liking it. I just hope they keep with this version of Simon and that he won't change too much into Kamina. I really couldn't like Kamina.

It's a shame that Nia is the new baddie.. I loved her too. Hopefully she will go back to her normal self soon.

Jan 23, 2018 10:58 AM

Trigger never fails to hype. Second arc seems bigger in scale than the first. Time to fight the moon

Apr 16, 2018 1:32 PM

Wow, a timeskip.
I really like Simon after 7 years.
I feel like I won't like this as I liked first cour.

May 2, 2018 1:28 PM

ok seriously I hate Russio being all cocky like that... the guy is getting more and more annoying and on my nerves...don't know about the time skip though

Sep 12, 2018 4:31 PM
Humanity growing that fast makes no sens.

Nov 17, 2018 10:16 AM

Amazing episode once again.
They all changed so much over the years...
I hope Nia's going to be alright!!!

I Love Anime.

Hentai too.

And so will you. Probably.

Apr 21, 12:22 AM

Big change of pace and tone. Felt like more story development in the first half of the episode than half of the last arc.

May 26, 8:35 AM

What happened to Yoko?

Jun 6, 8:23 PM

Looks like Simon couldn't protect a damn thing

Also, I really like the designs of the Grapearls. And older Darry is cute.
Modified by syncrogazer, Jun 6, 8:28 PM

Jul 19, 8:32 AM

Now that was a huge change of pacing. Suspected something about Nia from the start, things just could've been alright with her.

Everyone is different. Rossiu is some arrogant government official with authoritarian tendencies now. political_power_corrupts_everyone.jpg

Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]