Forum Settings
Forums
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
 
#1
Mar 30, 2011 5:48 PM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 3585
According their official twitter, FUNimation has licensed the TV anime series Shiki. The 22 episode series aired on the noitaminA broadcast block last year from July to December. FUNimation will be releasing the series on Blu-ray and DVD in the spring of 2012.

Update
FUNimation has announced on their official blog that they have acquired the broadcast, digital, and home entertainment rights for Shiki. Their blog specifies 24 episodes however, which implies they are also going to release the two unaired episodes that are going to be released on the eighth and ninth Blu-ray Disc/DVD volumes, though this has not been confirmed.

Sources: official twitter, splash page, official blog
Modified by myanimelistllc, Mar 13, 2016 1:13 AM
 
#2
Mar 30, 2011 5:49 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 3439
ill probably buy it eventually.
 
#3
Mar 30, 2011 5:54 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 1129
Too bad the ending to it was awful. It could have been the best show of 2010.
Ok™
 
#4
Mar 30, 2011 5:55 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 919
I will buy it
 
#5
Mar 30, 2011 5:59 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 6120
I thought they already licensed it since they simulcasted it on their website??

I only watched the first episode I need to go back and finish watching it.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
 
#6
Mar 30, 2011 6:01 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 3696
Simulcast doesn't mean licensed?
 
#7
Mar 30, 2011 6:13 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 275
McRib said:
Too bad the ending to it was awful. It could have been the best show of 2010.


Ah the magical world of opinions. I thought it was perfect in that early Stephen King kind of way. . .
 
#8
Mar 30, 2011 6:27 PM
On the Case

Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 536
I like it when good anime is licensed.
 
#9
Mar 30, 2011 6:31 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 491
I'll buy it o u o


 
Mar 30, 2011 6:33 PM
Offline
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 125
Meh, I'd prefer they get Madoka Majika before Sentai does but that's just me. Still glad to see Shiki get licensed.
 
Mar 30, 2011 6:35 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 265
2012! Come on I don't want to wait another year! Ahhhh one of my favorite series ever, thank God it's at least getting releaesd!

Thank you Funimation thank you so much!

Pshh, Durarara!! got released just a year after it came out in Japan.
 
Mar 30, 2011 6:38 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 491
Wait it'll stay with no english dub right? Q_Q
I think it's fine in Japanese.


 
Mar 30, 2011 6:46 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 1129
KillerYandere said:

Ah the magical world of opinions. I thought it was perfect in that early Stephen King kind of way. . .

Salem's Lot had a lousy ending as well.
Ok™
 
Mar 30, 2011 6:48 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 1568
This is good news for me, I'll eventually get around to watching it, and if I like it I'll definitely buy it.
 
Mar 30, 2011 7:00 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 608
I wouldn't have ever picked this to get a stateside release, pretty surprised.
 
Mar 30, 2011 7:01 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 710
Yesssss, come to my anime collection Shiki~


 
Mar 30, 2011 7:03 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 551
GarLogan78 said:
Simulcast doesn't mean licensed?


No because otherwise CrunchyRoll would own the license for just about everything released the last 2 years. Simulcast is right to stream it, License gives right to distribute, sell characters, media, etc.
 
Mar 30, 2011 7:08 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 1092
wow this is great!!! even though I dont like most dubs i will still be buying this ^^
 
Mar 30, 2011 7:17 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 1149
McRib said:
KillerYandere said:

Ah the magical world of opinions. I thought it was perfect in that early Stephen King kind of way. . .

Salem's Lot had a lousy ending as well.


You wanna know bout lame SK endings, read the Tommyknockers.
(and this from a stout fan)

On topic though, hells yes Shiki. Now I can buy one of my favorite animes.
 
Mar 30, 2011 7:17 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 1398
McRib said:
Too bad the ending to it was awful. It could have been the best show of 2010.


Agreed, though I will still buy Shiki as it's one of my fav of 2010
 
Mar 30, 2011 7:21 PM
Offline
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 677
English dub ?
 
Mar 30, 2011 7:22 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 1147
taki-desu said:
Wait it'll stay with no english dub right? Q_Q
I think it's fine in Japanese.


i don't ever recall funimation EVER releasing sub only dvds for the shows they pick up.

on the topic at hand, great to see shiki get licensed, bad that i haven't watched it yet XD
"everyone knows that the last toes are always the coldest to go."

Telavators-the mars volta
 
Mar 30, 2011 7:24 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 185
Wha-- what about.... Tatami Galaxy...? Please tell me they're releasing that on BD too.
 
Mar 30, 2011 7:32 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 603
I thought funimation already had licensed it already because I just started Shiki a few days ago and on their website they already had it there....I guess your talking about a dub
 
Mar 30, 2011 7:33 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 75
Good thing I already finished Shiki. No lawsuit for me.
 
Mar 30, 2011 8:47 PM
Offline
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 31
I heard about this on their Facebook :)
Definitely want to buy it when it comes out, too bad it'll be like a year long wait.
 
Mar 30, 2011 10:31 PM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 3585
Update
FUNimation has announced on their official blog that they have acquired the broadcast, digital, and home entertainment rights for Shiki. Their blog specifies 24 episodes however, which implies they are also going to release the two unaired episodes that are going to be released on the eighth and ninth Blu-ray Disc/DVD volumes, though this has not been confirmed.
 
Mar 31, 2011 12:30 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 2391
So... Simulcast doesn't mean licensed...?
 
Mar 31, 2011 2:08 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 1911
YESSSSS.

I'm assuming it'll have the Japanese audio still, right?
 
Mar 31, 2011 2:51 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 519
Will definitely buy it one day.
 
Mar 31, 2011 4:04 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 2030
Will buy it when i have the saved up money and un-aired episodes~ interesting<3
Its truly was one of the best shows of 2010.
Modified by Valentiln, Mar 31, 2011 4:13 AM
 
Mar 31, 2011 6:12 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 1364
Ah ..
i wish i was in japan or America or some place i could buy it !
 
Mar 31, 2011 6:21 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 3339
they made a good deal
 
Mar 31, 2011 6:24 AM
SmugCat

Offline
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 3953
Will be buying it :)
 
Mar 31, 2011 6:47 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 462
I don't buy Funi dvds so I know nothing about their releases, but this anime is what I've been wishing for since it ended. So can anyone tell me if they're going to release it in japanese or english dub (or dual audio with subs if possible)? I still have doubts on english voices but if it turns out great then I'll buy it.
 
Mar 31, 2011 7:01 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 3736
I loved the last few episodes, I was quite surprised. I stopped at like 18 and came back and watched the rest and was like, wow. No spoilers, though.
 
Mar 31, 2011 7:47 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 491
Lordcrab86 said:
taki-desu said:
Wait it'll stay with no english dub right? Q_Q
I think it's fine in Japanese.


i don't ever recall funimation EVER releasing sub only dvds for the shows they pick up.

on the topic at hand, great to see shiki get licensed, bad that i haven't watched it yet XD

Yeah sadly ._.;
I don't really like their english dubs, I see Laura Bailey totally placed in there to my dislike (as Megumi or something). :C But I'll still buy it likely cringing at the over use of the same voice actors eAe (as usual)
But a simple switch to Japanese audio and I'm fine :)


 
Mar 31, 2011 9:46 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 65
I can't to wait to buy to my own copy :D

THANK YOU FUNIMATION! ^_^
 
Mar 31, 2011 4:12 PM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 5
taki-desu said:
Wait it'll stay with no english dub right? Q_Q
I think it's fine in Japanese.


i prefer subs just as much as the next guy, but i seriouly dont get why everyone else seems to be so upset with dubs....just saying
 
Mar 31, 2011 4:43 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 258
Glad to hear they'll be releasing it. That's one of the top animes I want to own.

stormgoddess said:
I don't buy Funi dvds so I know nothing about their releases, but this anime is what I've been wishing for since it ended. So can anyone tell me if they're going to release it in japanese or english dub (or dual audio with subs if possible)? I still have doubts on english voices but if it turns out great then I'll buy it.


FUNi usually puts up the first few dubbed episodes on their site, so you can get a chance to hear the voices before you buy it.

I haven't heard of a release of theirs that wasn't dubbed. But their dvd's always have the original language too.
 
Mar 31, 2011 5:58 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 462
IceAndCream said:
Glad to hear they'll be releasing it. That's one of the top animes I want to own.

stormgoddess said:
I don't buy Funi dvds so I know nothing about their releases, but this anime is what I've been wishing for since it ended. So can anyone tell me if they're going to release it in japanese or english dub (or dual audio with subs if possible)? I still have doubts on english voices but if it turns out great then I'll buy it.


FUNi usually puts up the first few dubbed episodes on their site, so you can get a chance to hear the voices before you buy it.

I haven't heard of a release of theirs that wasn't dubbed. But their dvd's always have the original language too.


Thanks! :D
 
Mar 31, 2011 10:01 PM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 118
This is great news to me, I've been wanting to watch it for a while after hearing how great it is. Though personally, I would rather wait for FUNimation to release it. I hope I can last until next year before I watch it. What other great anime will be released overseas, I'm excited to find out.
 
Apr 1, 2011 10:38 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 1539
It does need to take a fuking year for just a dub, and production Funi. :| You have the subs, and ED/OP from your simulcast.

Get your lazy ass up, and quit acting like a apathetic pig.
 
Apr 1, 2011 7:44 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 426
OMg thank god I just downloaded a week ago~.
 
Apr 1, 2011 10:08 PM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 1617
more bluray for my collection :D loved shiki. one of the best of 2010
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

 
Apr 15, 2011 11:32 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 10348
FUNimation always dub the anime when they get their hands on it. Also, I heard that the DVD/Blu-ray of Shiki is expecting to come in Spring 2012.
I have high hopes for a good dub on this anime and several clips of the english audio upload on YouTube.
 
Apr 16, 2011 6:35 PM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 4845
FujiK said:
It does need to take a fuking year for just a dub, and production Funi. :| You have the subs, and ED/OP from your simulcast.

Get your lazy ass up, and quit acting like a apathetic pig.
Considering the amount of shows they have picked up, plus the whole "going independent" deal, I'd say it's to be expected to see long waits.

 
Dec 4, 2011 11:41 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 193
So when they say that supposedly it'll be available for Spring 2012, what're we lookin' at here? March? April? May? Which month will it be available?
 
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Top