Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
A Certain Magical Index (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Mar 27, 2011 8:04 AM
Jan 2011
This discussion should be brought here cuz sooner or later a Mod is going to see the ep 23 thread.

Please give your opinions and reasons on why or why not Index III or Railgun II. Spoilers are allowed but put tags.

No FLAMING and respect others opinions. Debate maturely

K ill start, I dont hate Railgun at all, Though i did stop halfway and didn't really care much about the end. The characters aren't necessarily bad and yes ut has its comedy, Its nothing less of a great show. But since a majority of viewers are most likely Index novel readers they know whats coming, and whats coming is much better than a railgun. It also works for misaka fans in season 3. I also wouldn't mind a railgun if Shana wasn't coming this season but since it is i am not waiting 2 years or more for a season 3.

Heres what u can expect from a season 3 of index.

Heres what u can most likely expect from Railgun II,sorry if its offensive

JoJo10Mar 27, 2011 3:50 PM
Wanna read the"To aru majutsu no index" Light novels in English? Go here.
http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=To_Aru_Majutsu_no_Index

Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 27, 2011 8:06 AM

Nov 2008
Sorry to burst your bubble but the chances of either are near zero percent. oh yeah use () ignoring the parenthesis for youtube videos.

Mar 27, 2011 8:08 AM
Nov 2010
Index III

Railgun sucks
Mar 27, 2011 8:09 AM
Jan 2011
Hoppy said:
Sorry to burst your bubble but the chances of either are near zero percent. oh yeah use () ignoring the parenthesis for youtube videos.

YOu should know the Index series is one of the most Popular series in Japan.

Mar 27, 2011 8:11 AM

Nov 2008
IndexFanboy214 said:
Hoppy said:

Try looking in some of the discussions there are actual reasons why Index most likely won't get a 3rd season.

Mar 27, 2011 8:11 AM
Jan 2011
SuperSaiyen said:
Index III

Railgun sucks
No Flaming. Thats where arguments get out of hand

Mar 27, 2011 8:12 AM
Jan 2011
Hoppy said:
IndexFanboy214 said:
Hoppy said:

Try looking in some of the discussions there are actual reasons why Index most likely won't get a 3rd season.

Care to tell why?

Mar 27, 2011 10:32 AM

Jun 2009
I'll go for Index III. I wish they'll give Kaori Kanzaki more screentime :]
Mar 27, 2011 11:11 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
Both.

But I think Shakugan no Shana Final Season should come first from J.C.Staff. Then Railgun 2 and Index 3.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Mar 27, 2011 11:43 AM

Sep 2007
Shana 3.
Mar 27, 2011 11:53 AM

Jul 2010
I would prefer an index season 3 over railgun season 2 because I'm more interested in the over all storyline than the spin off full of fillers. Don't get me wrong both of them have their pros and cons but I'd rather watch Touma's BS speeches and hax powers than watch Makoto hang out with her friends.
Mar 27, 2011 3:42 PM

Nov 2008
I do prefer an Index III than a Railgun II because of the plot, not that railgun is bad but just not as good as Index, but either way, none is better than the other it all depends on your taste.
Mar 27, 2011 3:44 PM

Jun 2009
SuperSaiyen said:
Index III

Railgun sucks

the first time I agree with LoGH fan...
Mar 27, 2011 3:52 PM

Jun 2010
I want more accelerator....so I go with Index III.
Mar 27, 2011 4:28 PM
Nov 2008
Shana III.
Mar 27, 2011 4:38 PM
Jan 2011
Onibokusu said:
Shana III.

i don't expect it this year,so im not going to be ignorant about it. This is also a "If it happens" thread. Though to be honest I wanted to like Shana but Season 2 is a bit boring. I got to ep 8.
MMclarinet23 said:
I want more accelerator....so I go with Index III.

An arc is dedicated to him.

Mar 27, 2011 4:49 PM

Dec 2009
I want Index 3 ,because I want to see the stuff the LN readers are talking about....

and of course more accelerator kicking asses
yuno6.jpg
Mar 27, 2011 5:26 PM
Nov 2008
IndexFanboy214 said:

i don't expect it this year,so im not going to be ignorant about it. This is also a "If it happens" thread. Though to be honest I wanted to like Shana but Season 2 is a bit boring. I got to ep 8.

Why even bother making this thread if you just want Index III? I mean, it isn't as if your first post is biased enough. According to your list, you haven't even watched Railgun.

Also, it's early in the year. There's a high chance that there'll be a SnS III, y'know, considering it actually has some backing.
no-thanksMar 27, 2011 5:31 PM
Mar 27, 2011 5:32 PM
Jan 2011
Onibokusu said:
IndexFanboy214 said:

Why even bother making this thread if you just want Index III? Also, it's early in the year.

I made the thread to find others opinions on the matter and not to make mine the only one. Others say Index 3, i don't make them. You want to say railgun 2 just give ur reason why. I dont support the flaming like SuperSaiyen did cuz it leads to shitstorms. Sorry if u found it offensive about my opinion of shana. I just though of it like that but like index i heard from my friend its really good so im definitely giving it a try. Kinda funny how JC staff messes up on the second seasons for the LN adaptations they do.

Mar 27, 2011 5:34 PM

Jul 2009
Railgun II

I never even finished Index. It just wasnt really interesting. Though, on the other hand i though Railgun was really good. It deserves a second season!!
Mar 27, 2011 5:39 PM
Jan 2011
Onibokusu said:
IndexFanboy214 said:

Why even bother making this thread if you just want Index III? I mean, it isn't as if your first post is biased enough. According to your list, you haven't even watched Railgun.

Also, it's early in the year. There's a high chance that there'll be a SnS III, y'know, considering it actually has some backing.

Um, it was already said that they are making a Shana 3. Thats why i said it'll be a long wait. What do you mean by backing?

Mar 27, 2011 5:39 PM
Nov 2010
IndexFanboy214 said:
SuperSaiyen said:
Index III

Railgun sucks

Opinion =/= Flaming

Get that in your head

And I did give a reason.

And the reason is "sucks"
Mar 27, 2011 5:40 PM
Nov 2008
IndexFanboy214 said:
You want to say railgun 2 just give ur reason why.

This is why.
Mar 27, 2011 5:43 PM
Jan 2011
SuperSaiyen said:
IndexFanboy214 said:
SuperSaiyen said:
Index III

Railgun sucks

Opinion =/= Flaming

Get that in your head

And I did give a reason.

And the reason is "sucks"

U are bashing. Its like when alexcampos says Touma is a sucky character which i HEAVILY disagree with. Just say why u hate it in a kinder way.

Fine, u weren't flaming but no bashing cuz someone will insult index and everyone is raging on each other.

Mar 27, 2011 5:43 PM
Jan 2011
Onibokusu said:
IndexFanboy214 said:

This is why.

U saw the vid i posted right?

Mar 27, 2011 5:45 PM
Nov 2008
IndexFanboy214 said:
Onibokusu said:
IndexFanboy214 said:

This is why.

You're aware that Railgun isn't purely moe moe, right?
Mar 27, 2011 5:47 PM
Jan 2011
Onibokusu said:
IndexFanboy214 said:
Onibokusu said:
IndexFanboy214 said:

This is why.

You're aware that Railgun isn't purely moe moe, right?

Like i said im sorry. I tried to look for a better MAD but there were only 3. Yes i know Railgun aint all about moe and i do think it was good but the Big spider arc was whatever. I did like the telestina fight though.

But i was talking about the index MAD

Mar 27, 2011 5:50 PM
Nov 2010
IndexFanboy214 said:

Fine, u weren't flaming but no bashing cuz someone will insult index and everyone is raging on each other.

alexcampos is right, actually no matter what you say everyone is right in the end. There's nothing scientific to prove here. Why waste time and just say what you really want.
Mar 27, 2011 5:50 PM
Nov 2008
IndexFanboy214 said:

It's so idealistic, it's funny.
Mar 27, 2011 5:52 PM
Jan 2011
Onibokusu said:
IndexFanboy214 said:

It's so idealistic, it's funny.

what do you mean?

Mar 27, 2011 5:53 PM

Jun 2008
Honestly I would want BOTH...

Based on some of my previous comments some people think I'm a HATER....but that's not true...in fact I DO like the Index series....just not as much as RAILGUN.

If I had to choose between the two, I would obviously pick RAILGUN II.

I love the characters and the setting, that's my reason.

As for Index III, I would accept it.....BUT, J.C Staff has to do a better job, Index II is confusing and not that great.

Overall, I hope both series get better and more popular, also, I have not ill feeling towards Index fans who don't like Railgun.
Mar 27, 2011 6:13 PM

Jul 2008
After what they did with the Railgun adaptation (I hated the Anime tough I love the Manga), Index III definitely. Index II had its flaws (most notably the fact it targeted LN readers exclusively), but at least I am getting what I expect it to be.
Mar 27, 2011 7:32 PM

Jun 2008
Nayrael said:
After what they did with the Railgun adaptation (I hated the Anime tough I love the Manga), Index III definitely. Index II had its flaws (most notably the fact it targeted LN readers exclusively), but at least I am getting what I expect it to be.

The first half was pretty accurate to the manga, unfortunately they didn't have enough material to keep going with the manga so they did an ANIME ONLY story in the second half.

Index II makes things REALLY confusing unless you're a LN reader, that's kinda UNFAIR.

Most anime try to make the story understandable to EVERYONE, regardless if you have read the LN or Manga or Visual Novel, however J.C Staff only cares about LN readers....WTF???
Mar 27, 2011 7:32 PM

May 2010
Both
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Mar 27, 2011 7:46 PM
Jan 2011
alexcampos said:
Nayrael said:

The first half was pretty accurate to the manga, unfortunately they didn't have enough material to keep going with the manga so they did an ANIME ONLY story in the second half.

Index II makes things REALLY confusing unless you're a LN reader, that's kinda UNFAIR.

Most anime try to make the story understandable to EVERYONE, regardless if you have read the LN or Manga or Visual Novel, however J.C Staff only cares about LN readers....WTF???

It is unfair, though i don't think they really count people outside of japan. Cuz inside its one of those series that if someone messes up Fan Rage takes over. Its a good thing i read the books and if anything in animesuki the translators for the novels and the experts are there to answer any questions.

You can also look at it this way. If a season 3 is made the ideal start is V.14. Index season I adapted Volumes 1-6. Season 2 adapted 7-SS1 which is alot. Compared to season 1 season 1 explained everything due to the fact they had time. The reason they probably shoved SS1 in is cuz of Shiage and GROUP which is the other kind of fanservice. I myself got a little tickle hearing Terra just mention the name Fiamma.

Novel readers thought SS would be an OVA but now that i think about it OVAs are usually for something totally irrelevant where SS is very relevant even in the recent novel that came out.A necessary sacrifice.

Mar 27, 2011 11:34 PM

May 2009
You should have put up a poll, Index III, Railgun II, or both. As for my answer;
Confucius said:
Both

-- I'm looking for "The One" and I'll find her more quickly if I audition two at a time. Think you can do better? --
-- The World God Only Knows -- Toaru Majutsu no Index -- Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai --
Mar 28, 2011 9:17 AM

Feb 2010
From my posts in the episode 23 thread, I obviously want a Index III and since gets really good with the next arc being Accelerator (my favorite badass being badass) centered, God's Right Seat arc starting up, and hopefully

The only way I'll accept a Railgun II is if it's only 12 episodes long and purely cannon with less fanservice episodes and more emphasis on Misaka wrecking shit up.

Also, Index III needs to be done by a different studio and director. Seriously, JC Staff pretty much raped this season in the worst ways possible for anime viewers with tons of QUALITY moments, prolonging an arc that could've been shortened, leaving tons of plotholes, and shortening an arc that was supposed to be one of the best of the series just to throw in a side story volume. Index I had good enough pacing so we wouldn't get lost at every turn and decent to good animation, but for Index II they decided to ride on the success of the first season and Railgun and just went with it. This series deserves better especially with the upcoming volumes.
TheMetalOverlordMar 28, 2011 9:21 AM
Mar 28, 2011 10:51 AM

Jun 2010
pfft, no toaru majutsu no index III or toaru kagaku no railgun II. I want a toaru kagaku no accelerator=3

but seriously, i wouldn't mind. I rather have index III, seeing what they currently are doing with the anime, but i loved railgun.
Mar 28, 2011 12:02 PM
Jan 2011
TheMetalOverlord said:
From my posts in the episode 23 thread, I obviously want a Index III and since gets really good with the next arc being Accelerator (my favorite badass being badass) centered, God's Right Seat arc starting up, and hopefully

You complained about season 2 being rushed and want that to happen? LOL.

The only way I'll accept a Railgun II is if it's only 12 episodes long and purely cannon with less fanservice episodes and more emphasis on Misaka wrecking shit up.

^ This.. I've had arguments becuz of the railgun manga messing with the fight between Touma and Misaka on the bridge and he stopped her railgun dead with his hand. But the author has accepeted a few things,like Saten has been accepted as canon and also

Also, Index III needs to be done by a different studio and director. Seriously, JC Staff pretty much raped this season in the worst ways possible for anime viewers with tons of QUALITY moments, prolonging an arc that could've been shortened, leaving tons of plotholes, and shortening an arc that was supposed to be one of the best of the series just to throw in a side story volume. Index I had good enough pacing so we wouldn't get lost at every turn and decent to good animation, but for Index II they decided to ride on the success of the first season and Railgun and just went with it. This series deserves better especially with the upcoming volumes.

I already posted why i think they rushed this and if it ends the way i think it is then i'll forgive JC.

Mar 28, 2011 1:28 PM

Jul 2008
"alexcamposs" said:

The alternative: make it only 1-cour series and use additional budget to either:
1. spend on next season of Railgun to make it better
2. spend on TAMNI by making it 3-cour and thus make it less confusing rather then this freaking mess we have now

"alexcamposs" said:

Usually, this would be an economically a bad idea. However, if the novels are popular and there are many readers, you will still profit... tough of course it would have been even more profitable if the targeted audience was wider. BUT J.C. Stuff is afraid of series longer then 2-cour it seems... as most studios these days...

If TAMNI S2 was a 3-cour series, it would have been much better.
Tough I knew it would have been a mess when I heard that number of novels animated would be even bigger then in S1... which was also almost turned into a mess by animating way too many novels... but the Direction lessened the negative effect.

"IndexFanboy214" said:
Novel readers thought SS would be an OVA but now that i think about it OVAs are usually for something totally irrelevant where SS is very relevant even in the recent novel that came out.A necessary sacrifice.

It SHOULD have been an OVA. This way, the end of S2 feels weird... ending it with Vento arc would have been a better conclusion.

"TheMetalOverlord" said:

And I agree with Accelerator: he is da best... the third protagonist also feels better then Touma IMO

"legomaple" said:
I want a toaru kagaku no accelerator=3

In Index III he becomes the main protagonist of the story (alongside Touma and another guy but who cares about 'em?) so you want that then.
Railgun II might also have Accelerator
Mar 28, 2011 2:01 PM
Jan 2011
^I dont feel like organizing quotes so i'll respond like this.

1)2 cour is fine.But too much in 1 season is too much.
2)Season 1 was perfect i heard. Yes some stuff left out but i didn't read the novels back then and i still knew what was going on. Only got confused with stuff thats was too scientific.
3)Heres the thing an OVA again is totally irrelevant to anything. Movies also. I believe they are going for Volume 14 prologue which is a very good way to end it. If they go for the SS epilogue I'll be pissed since it doesn't leave a cliffhanger.

V.14 epilogue
Its short and a good cliffhanger for whats going to happen.

4)

5) im waiting for V.19 to be translated to see more GROUP badassery.

Mar 28, 2011 2:09 PM
Jul 2018
hmm id say shana 3 as other's are saying. i liked index for a while but it got really meh and pointless. theres no coherent plot so far from what ive watched. not that shana has much of one either but that cliff hanger at the end of the ova made me actually give a slight shit about finding out what happens.(not much though, just more than index)

as far as railgun goes its a fail mix of action and slice of life. it doesnt excel in either and it also destroyed misaka's character imo, for what little screen time she gets in a series about her. when i watch a series supposed to be about her i dont want to have to sit through all of her annoying friends problems for half the series.
Mar 28, 2011 2:12 PM
Jan 2011
jpem said:
hmm id say shana 3 as other's are saying. i liked index for a while but it got really meh and pointless. theres no coherent plot so far from what ive watched. not that shana has much of one either but that cliff hanger at the end of the ova made me actually give a slight shit about finding out what happens.(not much though, just more than index)

as far as railgun goes its a fail mix of action and slice of life. it doesnt excel in either and it also destroyed misaka's character imo, for what little screen time she gets in a series about her. when i watch a series supposed to be about her i dont want to have to sit through all of her annoying friends problems for half the series.

u should watch the first video on the first page to see what comes if a season 3 happens. There is a reason why index is the #1 novel.

Mar 28, 2011 2:18 PM

Feb 2010
IndexFanboy214 said:
TheMetalOverlord said:

I know, but we can always hope it wouldn't be rushed...;_;

IndexFanboy214 said:

^ This.. I've had arguments becuz of the railgun manga messing with the fight between Touma and Misaka on the bridge and he stopped her railgun dead with his hand. But the author has accepeted a few things,like Saten has been accepted as canon and also

I already posted why i think they rushed this and if it ends the way i think it is then i'll forgive JC.Still, they rushed the hell out of the last arc and they still could've made SS1 into an OVA leading up to Index III.
Mar 28, 2011 2:23 PM
Jan 2011
TheMetalOverlord said:
IndexFanboy214 said:
TheMetalOverlord said:

I know, but we can always hope it wouldn't be rushed...;_;

IndexFanboy214 said:

I already posted why i think they rushed this and if it ends the way i think it is then i'll forgive JC.
Still, they rushed the hell out of the last arc and they still could've made SS1 into an OVA leading up to Index III.

They could have. But they want to get to the good part. Can't say much, im only hoping its the prologue.

Mar 28, 2011 3:19 PM

Apr 2010
Is there even material for a Railgun II... ?

I'd stick to the main series, since it's finally starting to get interesting. So, Index III please.
Mar 28, 2011 4:28 PM

Jul 2008
Is there even material for a Railgun II... ?

The 2nd Arc in Manga just ended so there is enough for a 1-cour series. With fillers, they probably could stretch it to 2-cour... like they did with S1...
Mar 28, 2011 4:53 PM

Mar 2011
Both. Seriously, it is the best thing with this universe, a flamewar between fans just ruin everything.

Personally, I was really happy with index 2. index 1 was slow sometimes, but season 2 is perfect and clearer, and the global quality is A LOT better than the first season.
Railgun was awesome until ep13. After this, there were good things and bad things. I want a railgun with less fillers, or with GOOD fillers, like some parts of railgun 13+.

With Merry, Shana, ZnT,Index and Railgun, JC staff will have quite a lot of work... Well, at least they still have time before a sequel to HnG...
Mar 28, 2011 5:03 PM
Nov 2008
IndexFanboy214 said:
There is a reason why index is the #1 novel.

Because 'The Surprise of Haruhi Suzumiya' isn't released until May of this year?
Mar 28, 2011 5:13 PM
Jan 2011
Onibokusu said:
IndexFanboy214 said:
There is a reason why index is the #1 novel.

Because 'The Surprise of Haruhi Suzumiya' isn't released until May of this year?

I guess. Idk i gotta finish that series. But i guess since the novel hasn't been going on for a long time. It doesn't change it's love from the fans though.

In October 2009, the Toaru Majutsu no Index light novels were reported to have sold 5.2 million copies.[24] In May 2010, it was reported that Toaru Majutsu no Index had sold over 7.7 million copies and became Dengeki Bunko's No. 1 bestseller.[25] Later that year, in August 2010, it was reported that the novels had hit 9 million copies sold[26] and became the fifth best selling light novel in Japan, beating other popular series such as Full Metal Panic!, Shakugan no Shana, and Haruhi Suzumiya.[27] In November 2010, it was reported that the novels had sold over 10 million copies.[28]

and its new novel that came out March 11 rack a total of 121,410 copies sold.

I'll admit though that they haven't beat Haruhi. But thats something VERY big and u have to give credit to index for at least being some competition to Haruhi.
JoJo10Mar 28, 2011 5:18 PM

Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index II Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Nov 19, 2010

251 by StateofOhayo »»
Nov 29, 2023 10:33 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index II Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Aezile - Apr 1, 2011

236 by WELLERM »»
Nov 28, 2023 1:47 PM

Poll: » Speculations for Ep. 23 ( 1 2 )

Aezile - Mar 18, 2011

53 by WELLERM »»
Nov 28, 2023 1:47 PM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index II Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Aezile - Mar 11, 2011

174 by WELLERM »»
Nov 28, 2023 1:46 PM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index II Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Aezile - Mar 4, 2011

135 by WELLERM »»
Nov 28, 2023 1:46 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.