3It was OK
8.4%
2Disliked it
0.0%
1Hated it
0.6%
Average 4.5
155 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 26, 2011 12:14 PM

Mar 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

If you have watched this episode, you'll know why this pretty much sums up the episode. :)

It looks like we're nearing the end of the first season and the real battle seems to begin in the 2nd season of Bakuman, which will involve Mashiro & Takagi, Nizuma, Fukuda, and probably also the mysterious guy at the convenience store.

Anyway, I was gently surprised by the improvement of the animation quality from J.C. Staff compared to the earlier episodes of the first season and how the they delivered the story without any major trouble so far. I'm not a big fan of shounen manga, but I think Bakuman is defintiely an exception to that category.

Mar 27, 2011 6:12 AM

May 2008
oh god this whole show is just about suspence and it is really killing me i wanna noe who won D: 1 last episode and it will all be over serialization or not will be shown in the next episode? i hope

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Mar 27, 2011 6:43 AM

Sep 2009
That's right, Koogy got owned. You kinda knew all the others were going to do great though. But when it comes to serialization, it's hard to believe things will end perfectly for them all. Even if I want it to. I'm glad Miho's mom said something to her about her relationship with Mashiro too. At this rate, even when they achieve their dreams they won't be able to say anything or even look at each other. How they going to get married like that?
Mar 27, 2011 7:18 AM

Jan 2010
ugh... that thing between Mashiro and Miho about not talking to each other until bla bla... is pissing me off even though it's sort of the core of the show!! I'm actually waiting for the next season before i finish the 1st cause i guess that's when the real deal begins...
Mar 27, 2011 7:28 AM

Mar 2011
I'm surprised to that, because Miho talked to Moritaka in the manga.
Mar 27, 2011 8:14 AM

Jul 2007
i dont believe how slow this anime has been OTL shall have to wait for next season to introduce
also i nom'd at yujiro drunk ;DD
Mar 27, 2011 8:26 AM

Aug 2010
Did I hear Masakazu Morita as guy reading manga and guy on train?
Mar 27, 2011 8:56 AM

Jan 2008
KeiranShikari said:

SwordWielderMar 27, 2011 9:00 AM
Mar 27, 2011 8:57 AM

Aug 2010
I didn't want to name spoiler ;)
Mar 27, 2011 9:00 AM

Jan 2008
KeiranShikari said:
I didn't want to name spoiler ;)

my fault, but I can't believe Azuki didn't get talk to Mashiro on the phone... They had a pretty nice convo in the manga...
Mar 27, 2011 9:48 AM

Aug 2010
every episode feels like the last episode, going nowhere, yeh k that koogy guy got pwned and obviously they made the golden cup, but really.. zzz -_-, thinkin bout droppin dis and wait till it finishes
Currently Watching: Durarara!!
Mar 27, 2011 10:07 AM

Oct 2010
MeltyxBlood said:
every episode feels like the last episode, going nowhere, yeh k that koogy guy got pwned and obviously they made the golden cup, but really.. zzz -_-, thinkin bout droppin dis and wait till it finishes

There's really no point to drop and wait for the first season, the last episode is next.
Still, I haven't read the manga yet and still I'm actually feeling it to be a little slow as well. But I'm still sticking to the series.
Mar 27, 2011 10:28 AM

Jan 2010
Koogy's Expression is Priceless !
Mar 27, 2011 10:30 AM

Jan 2010
funny episode ~~~!!
Mar 27, 2011 11:34 AM

Aug 2010
Eternal_Shield said:

Yeah he got what he deserved haha. I think all of them are going to get serialized and the rate its going
Mar 27, 2011 11:55 AM
Oct 2007
The weird relationship between Mashiro and Miho is kind of pissing me off. Hopefully I can wait for season 2 patiently before reading the manga.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 27, 2011 12:15 PM
Oct 2010
I can't wait till Season 2. As kimi ni todoke is ending abruptly so this is the only thing keeping me going! LOOL Miho talking to her mother like that ¬_¬'
Mar 27, 2011 12:22 PM

Jun 2009
I laughed so much at Koogy's reaction to the results. xD But the best scene was Mashiro trying to talk with Miho.
"M-Mashiro's here..."
"*beep beep beep*"
That one made me laugh so much. xD Seriously, they are going to get married and, yet, they can't talk to each other directly. So, how they think they are going to live after marriage? O.o
Mar 27, 2011 1:05 PM

Feb 2010
ha, saw that coming from Koogy XD
Mar 27, 2011 2:50 PM

Jul 2010
The next episode is the last one! Can't wait! >.<

Is it just me...or does the character on the Kiyoshi Knight's cover look like an evil looking version of Fukuda's editor? o.O
You may read this quote , "However, by that point you'll have been torn to pieces."
Mar 27, 2011 3:38 PM
Dec 2007
This episode passed like a breeze. It was almost perfect too.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Mar 27, 2011 4:02 PM

Sep 2009
Only one episode left. I am so looking forward to the next season.
Mar 27, 2011 6:10 PM

Mar 2010
saxophone15 said:
Only one episode left. I am so looking forward to the next season.

Does anyone know when the next season is airing? I'm pretty sure it's not this spring season.

Mar 27, 2011 7:57 PM

Apr 2008
Didn't really like the omission of the phone conversation. Seems like a completely unnecessary liberty to take with the story. And they moved the mother/daughter talk to earlier.

:(
SteveKeysMar 27, 2011 8:09 PM
Mar 27, 2011 8:04 PM

Sep 2008
I was waiting for Azuki to get raped when she was walkeing her bike in the middle of the night.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 27, 2011 8:11 PM
Jul 2018
great episode, i'm anxious to see the season finale!
Mar 27, 2011 8:42 PM

Nov 2010
why a tie? Well, the episode was great and i really want to see what ending to season!
Why did Azuki have to hang up on Mashiro, that was mean...

Thank goodness Koogy didn't win. 14th place dang...
Mar 27, 2011 8:48 PM

Aug 2010
SunshineNoka said:
MeltyxBlood said:

There's really no point to drop and wait for the first season, the last episode is next.
Still, I haven't read the manga yet and still I'm actually feeling it to be a little slow as well. But I'm still sticking to the series.

oh really? crap. havnt really payed attention tot he episode number, haha, yeh alot of animes are ending now =/.
Currently Watching: Durarara!!
Mar 27, 2011 10:47 PM

Aug 2010
stevewiess01 said:

Anyway, I was gently surprised by the improvement of the animation quality from J.C. Staff compared to the earlier episodes of the first season and how the they delivered the story without any major trouble so far. I'm not a big fan of shounen manga, but I think Bakuman is defintiely an exception to that category.

I cannot agree with you more. Spot on.

KeiranShikari said:

You have my sincere gratitude for spotting him. I've been trying to figure who he is and had feeling that it's Masakazu-san. I would also like to thank the person who updated the profile of the Seiyuu.

Jacut said:
This episode passed like a breeze. It was almost perfect too.

Seconded.

stevewiess01 said:

Does anyone know when the next season is airing? I'm pretty sure it's not this spring season.

It's this Fall. Most likely around the time the first Season of Bakuman started. So I'm guessing beginning or mid October. ^^

-

Last week and this week's episodes were the highlight of the season for me. Probably next week's episode as well.

Made my day.

MoejojyojoMar 27, 2011 10:50 PM
Mar 27, 2011 11:44 PM
Oct 2010
HawthorneKitty said:
I was waiting for Azuki to get raped when she was walkeing her bike in the middle of the night.

LOL, that thought cross my mind too, and I've read the manga...

Perhaps it was something to do with how that scene was done.
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Mar 28, 2011 12:22 AM

Aug 2008
I don't really have much to say about this episode. It was good. The romantic parts didn't annoy or bore me, and I'm anxious to see how things turn out. All else fails I'll just restart my reading of the manga.

Mar 28, 2011 1:02 AM

Mar 2011
It was a good episode, but I could feel how they dragged the episode out so that they could end the next episode in a certain way.
Mar 28, 2011 2:46 AM

Sep 2009
Dammit Miho! Even Sawako has more guts >.>
Koogy's reaction was hilarious.
dying to know the results now! They better get serialized.
Mar 28, 2011 6:53 AM

Dec 2008
Hattori-kun!!!

This relationship between Mashiro and Miho just gets more and more annoying with each passing episode. You're too fucking shy to talk over the phone with the one that you've declared marriage too? What kind of shit is that? I sincerely hope that they end up getting married only to divorce 6 months later because they realized that they actually can't stand each other. After all, that's what happens when you don't spend time with the person that you allegedly love.

Thank goodness Takagi and Miyoshi have the right idea about relationships!
Mar 28, 2011 7:40 AM

Feb 2011
LOL mashiro got hanged up
that was kinda rude for mashiro azukii! hahaha

sure miho and saiko has such the most weirdest relationship ^_^
Mar 28, 2011 7:46 AM

Jan 2010
I really don't understand how Mashiro and Miho are supposed to be engaged. They can't even talk to each other through a fucking phone and they're supposed to get married, have sex and probably have children? Between Mashiro/Miho and Takagi/Miyoshi, the relationships in this series really aren't anything special.
Mar 28, 2011 9:21 AM

May 2009
last one then wait again T^T
Mar 28, 2011 10:45 AM

Mar 2010
MysticHaze said:

Is it just me...or does the character on the Kiyoshi Knight's cover look like an evil looking version of Fukuda's editor? o.O

mwhaha.. now that i think about it, it really does mwhaahah.
and the main chara of Detective trap looks like a hot version of mashiro :D
Mar 28, 2011 11:09 AM

Aug 2008
Ooh you have no idea how much I lol-ed when I saw Koogy's ranking.
Mar 28, 2011 12:32 PM

Jun 2008
Damn cliffhanger. But i have a feeling all three will be serialized. Why reject a good work anyway? If it's good it will sell there is no reason not to serialize it because you want to give only 1 or 2 positions.

Miho should at least learn to talk to him threw the phone. Shouldn't two people know speak a little more and know each other more before they decide they want to marry each other?
Mar 28, 2011 2:51 PM

Jul 2009
Probably one of the best episodes of the series and this was definitely the part where the manga was amazing. Shame it's ending next episode but I'll look forward to the 2nd season.
Mar 28, 2011 3:57 PM

May 2010
the hell

i was sitting in my chair here watching the episode and behaved like a fan girl when hiramaru (the guy reading the manga voiced by masakazu morita (who also does ichigo)) showed up.

i think that masakazu morita matches with hiramaru.

NOT what i expectet but when he does his job right it can match.

to bad next episode is last of the season cant wait for the next >_<

i think its stupid that they changed the phone conversation between azuki and mashiro <_<

well still 4/5
Mar 28, 2011 4:08 PM

Jul 2010
SwordWielder said:
but I can't believe Azuki didn't get talk to Mashiro on the phone... They had a pretty nice convo in the manga...
They cut something like that? Weird.

Linalee-Stratos said:
Dammit Miho! Even Sawako has more guts >.>
Ahaha, that's so true!

Koogy's reaction = Awesome!

I don't hate the Miho-Mashiro romance like a lot of people seem to, but it is really unrealistic. Agreeing to marriage without knowing anything about each other? It's like a committed crush.

Why is it in the final episodes I'm only now realizing that Azuki has the same seiyuu as Wako in Star Driver? I can't look at her character the same way now... >_>
Also, Azuki's mom looks a hell of a lot like Window Star (Kei, Madoka) in Star Driver. Wtf?

I can't believe we've only got one episode left. It feel like we're only getting started here. I hope they don't do give us a 13 episode second season like they did for Kimi ni Todoke. That would suck. I want another 25 episodes.
Mar 28, 2011 6:30 PM
Oct 2009
Eternal_Shield said:

That one was epic... I laughed so much...
Mar 28, 2011 8:43 PM
Nov 2010
Iilia said:
Why is it in the final episodes I'm only now realizing that Azuki has the same seiyuu as Wako in Star Driver? I can't look at her character the same way now... >_>

I had the same thing when I found out that Sawako from KnT and Satellizer el Bridget from Freezing have the same seiyuu. That one blew my mind. I can't look at either the same way - Sawako stabbing people and Satellizer walking around with bubbles and sparkles around her is just too much.

I don't really mind the Mashiro/Miho relationship - it's pretty much what gives the manga traction since that is the end goal. If it wasn't there it would be more of a slice of life and the sense of urgency would be lessened. Don't worry, the background of their relationship should be more fleshed out in Season 2.

All I know is that if they change any part of a certain crucial event in the anime from the version in the manga (as they did for the phone call here) I will not be pleased.
Mar 28, 2011 8:53 PM

Feb 2010
Iilia said:

Ah no way! Completely different characters imo. Awesome. I'll try not to think that when I watch fabulous Star Diver after this.

I greatly enjoyed this episode for it's suspenseful moments! The future cup results were finally revealed.... and now we get to find out about serialization.

I will be watching season 2 for sureeee. I hope that the relationship between Mashiro/Miho gets better.... so I actually care about it. The mangaka aspects are soooo much stronger!

Either way though, koogy freaking=win!
Mar 29, 2011 5:55 AM

Mar 2011
Lylaaz said:
MysticHaze said:

mwhaha.. now that i think about it, it really does mwhaahah.
and the main chara of Detective trap looks like a hot version of mashiro :D

I also noticed that last week in ep. 23 (13:18 to 13:30).

Mar 29, 2011 9:13 AM

Mar 2010
this is getting really interesting, i cant wait till the last ep..
Mar 29, 2011 10:37 AM

Feb 2009
I find it really odd that the cover pages of JumpJack are always one of the Big 3. That's not how it works. Feature some other manga works as covers dammit, I'm getting sick of seeing the Big 3 in the covers.

I forgot whether Miho and Mashiro talked in the phone in the manga like others say here but if they say so(too lazy to check).
Thanks for giving the heads up on the seiyuu of Hiramaru, he really sounded familiar. As always, I don't like the voice but I'll get used to it.

So yeah, looking forward to second season now in Fall. Hope we get a two cour run instead of only one. Second season contains a lot of good events that wouldn't fit in a one-cour run.
Mar 29, 2011 8:25 PM

Feb 2011
I felt like Azuki should have said something and from what I've seen in these posts it seems like I had the right idea. Changing something like that isn't always a bad thing but in this case I believe it was. I don't mind Mashiro and Azuki not talking to each other but I think they would have to talk eventually (as the mother pointed out).

The episode was very nice though. Nizuma predicts the future as well it seems.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bakuman Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

stevewiess01 - Jan 22, 2011

140 by M1kasaYu1 »»
Apr 14, 4:24 AM

Poll: » Bakuman Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

stevewiess01 - Feb 26, 2011

93 by Karva1 »»
Mar 26, 5:21 PM

Poll: » Bakuman Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

stevewiess01 - Feb 5, 2011

130 by Karva1 »»
Mar 26, 2:20 PM

Poll: » Bakuman Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Kanade-chan - Dec 25, 2010

105 by Karva1 »»
Mar 24, 8:01 PM

Poll: » Bakuman Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

M0ni - Dec 4, 2010

139 by Karva1 »»
Mar 24, 1:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.