Forum Settings
Forums

Movie Adaptation of Kizumonogatari Confirmed [Update Mar 30]

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 25, 2011 3:39 PM

May 2010
already, must be confident the prequel will sell well
Mar 25, 2011 3:58 PM
Jul 2018
Westlo said:
@ the " :( no Hitagi" brigade.. you'll probably get converted into the Kisshot camp anyway after watching this...

never
Mar 25, 2011 6:44 PM

Apr 2010
cool id realy like to learn more about shinobu....

"If only if only, the woodpecker cried, the bark on the tree was as soft as the sky" || ♪My mind, heart is broken♫
Mar 25, 2011 8:55 PM

Jul 2010
Namu12 said:
Not interested, I would prefer if they did Maniwagatari.

you have White Fox to handle that, Katanagatari is their field, Bakemonogatari is for SHAFT ^^
Simplistic beauty can't be appreciated by someone who looks for something grand in everything he watch.
Mar 26, 2011 1:27 AM

Sep 2010
Iisan-kun said:
Ovindel said:
I was also expecting a series. A movie is not bad either, but it's much shorter than a series, that's why I preferred a series. I don't think this will be the last time we'll see an new anime from the Bakemonogatari series.

It's simply not long enough for a TV series... and you're severely underestimating the length of movies in comparison to TV anime.
If you do the math the original series comes out to around 5 hours, and it covered 2 novels. Kizumonogatari is only 1 novel, and honestly far less time is needed... so it actually all depends on how long SHAFT wants to the movie to be.

Anyway, this isn't a good thing at all. I don't feel like waiting an entire year after it gets shown in theatres for the BD to come out.

Maybe the waiting is indeed the worst.
Mar 26, 2011 3:22 AM

Jan 2008
-_-

This is just wrong. I want at least a 13 long Anime. But we will get if it's worse only 50 min movie. Oh... SHAFT, what happened with you?

You suck lately.
Mar 26, 2011 4:55 AM

Jul 2010
InsaneBlackRock said:
-_-

This is just wrong. I want at least a 13 long Anime. But we will get if it's worse only 50 min movie. Oh... SHAFT, what happened with you?

You suck lately.

try looking at the length of the "source material" first before bashing SHAFT, Kizumonogatari only deals w/ one arc, Koyomi Vampire, and you want a 13 episodes adaptation?

let's say SHAFT did gave you a 13 episode adaptation, i'm sure you're gonna complain for the show being boring, because it will be for that length. a lot of filler and unnecessary scenes.
Simplistic beauty can't be appreciated by someone who looks for something grand in everything he watch.
Mar 26, 2011 10:19 AM
Sep 2009
I thought this would be a series? Ah well, I'll watch it nevertheless. I really like Bakemonogatari minus the cutscenes.
Mar 26, 2011 11:12 AM
Jul 2018
InsaneBlackRock said:
-_-

You suck lately.

not watching madoka?
Mar 26, 2011 11:33 AM

May 2009
It's great that there are more updates regarding the prequel. However I would have preferred a series
Mar 27, 2011 12:29 PM

Feb 2011
Ugh I cant stress this enough people, stop complaining about getting SHAFTed because of the missing scenes from Bakemonogatari...I watched the BD version and it was fully intact and absolutely breathtaking. Kizumonogatari will be great im sure of it.

Mar 28, 2011 1:57 AM

Oct 2007
jpem said:
Westlo said:
@ the " :( no Hitagi" brigade.. you'll probably get converted into the Kisshot camp anyway after watching this...

never

Saw that in a year bro, Kizu converts people.

InsaneBlackRock said:
-_-

You suck lately.

It will probably be 150-180 minutes long like the Haruhi movie.
Apr 2, 2011 7:43 PM

Mar 2010
Well I do hope that the movie consists of only introduction of sort and the main sequence be released as TV series. That, would have been awesome!
I don't care what people might say but TouHou is simply AWESOME
Apr 2, 2011 7:44 PM

Mar 2010
Aezile said:
Just recently finish reading the novel earlier and indeed, it suited to be a movie. I have a lot of expectation on the scenes and events. Oh and if anyone's curious what arc is it, it's the Vampire arc, by saying that you'll have a lot of clues who'll be in it :D

So it'll show Koyomi before and after the vampire attack? Will it be more of an action-based movie?
I don't care what people might say but TouHou is simply AWESOME
Apr 10, 2011 4:27 PM

Feb 2011
Akatsubaki said:
Bakemonogatari is 10/10 for me , Kizumonogatari will eventually get 10/10 from me so the movie is 10/10 .... I can't wait for this anime movie to be aired !

QFT x10000

Apr 12, 2011 4:17 PM

Mar 2009
This is awesome news and all, but I have to wait until 2012? Aw man! :C
May 9, 2011 1:01 PM

Dec 2010
I would rather want an anime cuz it will probably take months for the movie to get subbed :/. Altough it will probably not have those flashing images in the movie.
Jun 12, 2011 8:23 PM

Jul 2008
head-go-boom said:
This is awesome news and all, but I have to wait until 2012? Aw man! :C

Might end up being 2013 because we will have to wait for the BD.
Jan 10, 2012 1:03 AM

Feb 2009
There is no way they could adapt this into a TV series faithfully. Has to be a movie or OVA series.
Jan 11, 2012 7:10 AM
May 2010
movie suit this great,i hope it's long type one,so all the detail in the novel is in it.

I must say I suddenly root for shinobu (kisshot) after reading it, it's just so awesome.

this part below nicely give you idea about the story, now I know why they show *black scene* & *red scene* thing.

well,it's not much of spoiler

really, they have strong bond there.
Mar 12, 2012 10:38 PM
May 2010
Westlo said:
jpem said:
Westlo said:

never

Saw that in a year bro, Kizu converts people.

I will never leave my Senjougahara. To defend myself (and my as of yet uninformed opinion) Araragi makes that decision as well. Although from what I understand Shinobu and Araragi's connection is quite deep.
Jan 6, 2013 4:08 PM

Feb 2011
dtshyk said:
Update on March 30th(2011)
According to the official website, Kizumonogatari movie will be premiered in 2012.

o__o 2013 here, still no sign of a movie, nor of a precise release date -.-

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
Jan 7, 2013 9:56 AM
Sep 2012
i just realised... its 2013, where the f**k is my Kizumonogatari.
Jan 7, 2013 11:44 AM
May 2009
Calm down. Neokomonogatari Kuro was just released. This will probably come by Feburary. The winter preview said it was coming out, so we just have to wait a little. Altho I'm not gonna lie I honestly cant wait for Kizu.
Jan 7, 2013 9:05 PM

Sep 2012
^ Actually most fans in Japan have given up the hope of seeing Kizu before the 2nd season airs. Some cling to the hope of seeing it in early summer but they are very much in the minority. Now people think they might, just might, announce a firm date of Kizu at the end of the 2nd season.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jan 7, 2013 10:03 PM
May 2009
symbv said:
^ Actually most fans in Japan have given up the hope of seeing Kizu before the 2nd season airs. Some cling to the hope of seeing it in early summer but they are very much in the minority. Now people think they might, just might, announce a firm date of Kizu at the end of the 2nd season.

Correct me if I am wrong, but doesnt the fact that it was in the winter preview mean it is going to air in the winter season?
Jan 8, 2013 12:16 AM

Sep 2012
Lil_Wayne said:
Correct me if I am wrong, but doesnt the fact that it was in the winter preview mean it is going to air in the winter season?
There is not really a winter preview of Kizu per se. All we have seen so far is just the trailer that was made back in 2011 September. After that we have not seen any extra information, no extra trailer, no extra info about staff, no info about character design or key visuals. And of course the release date of 2012 featured so prominently back in the official site in 2011 is all gone now. There has been no mention of Kizu either in the announcement or airing of Neko:Kuro or in the announcement of Monogatari 2nd season. If Kizu is going to be released to theaters in the first half of this year, it does not make sense to hold back almost all information about it now. This utter barrenness of information about Kizu is what caused such despair among fans in Japan. They would rather take it more realistically and consider a timing that is after the 2nd season, a more optimistic take would be right after the end of the 2nd season meaning a 2014 Jan schedule. And if Shaft really managed to release Kizu in 2013, then hallelujah fans can celebrate a miracle. I guess the idea is not to hold much hope about Kizu will come to us in this year. The announcement of the 2nd season, without any further information about Kizu, seems more like an indication that Kizu is being pushed back further not the other way round.

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jan 8, 2013 12:17 AM

Dec 2009
Finally thank you! I am loving 2013 already!
Jan 8, 2013 6:52 AM

Dec 2012
symbv said:
Lil_Wayne said:
There is not really a winter preview of Kizu per se. All we have seen so far is just the trailer that was made back in 2011 September. After that we have not seen any extra information, no extra trailer, no extra info about staff, no info about character design or key visuals. And of course the release date of 2012 featured so prominently back in the official site in 2011 is all gone now. There has been no mention of Kizu either in the announcement or airing of Neko:Kuro or in the announcement of Monogatari 2nd season. If Kizu is going to be released to theaters in the first half of this year, it does not make sense to hold back almost all information about it now. This utter barrenness of information about Kizu is what caused such despair among fans in Japan. They would rather take it more realistically and consider a timing that is after the 2nd season, a more optimistic take would be right after the end of the 2nd season meaning a 2014 Jan schedule. And if Shaft really managed to release Kizu in 2013, then hallelujah fans can celebrate a miracle. I guess the idea is not to hold much hope about Kizu will come to us in this year. The announcement of the 2nd season, without any further information about Kizu, seems more like an indication that Kizu is being pushed back further not the other way round.

Guess you're right, i think they will make the season finished first so they can twist kizumono at the end.
KepitingJan 8, 2013 6:57 AM
Jan 8, 2013 8:20 AM
May 2009
symbv said:
Lil_Wayne said:

I mean the winter 2012-2013 winter anime preview chart says that we will be getting Kizumonogatari. Both version 1 and version 2 of the chart confirmed it. I realized that having not even a release date tho by now creates a problem, but still its pretty suggestive. The preview chart also said we would get Neko (Kuro) and we did get that.

The reason I think Kizu is being delayed is because it is the shows biggest money maker. Out of all the Monogatari series, Kizu is probably the most anticipated and the most well received. It only makes sense that shaft wants to milk its release and make it as quality as possible. Hopefully 2013 is when we get it.
Jan 8, 2013 9:14 AM

Sep 2012
Lil_Wayne said:
I mean the winter 2012-2013 winter anime preview chart says that we will be getting Kizumonogatari. Both version 1 and version 2 of the chart confirmed it.
What preview chart you are talking about? I have seen some made by fans in Japan and I do not recall seeing Kizu there. Did you mistake the date for a winter 2011-2012 release? If that is the case I would say I have seen such preview chart before though that would . Besides, anything that you have seen are probably made by some fans too because such anime preview chart never has official sanction behind it.

Lil_Wayne said:
I realized that having not even a release date tho by now creates a problem, but still its pretty suggestive. The preview chart also said we would get Neko (Kuro) and we did get that.
Funny you should say that, because in Japan the anime is taken as FALL anime because its airing date falls under the Fall Season (Oct to Dec). It is clearly some afterthought added to the winter "preview chart" after the announcement of the broadcast of Kuro anime late in the fall season. The preview chart contains no special advance information about what anime will be shown besides what is already made public and known to fans in Japan.

Lil_Wayne said:
The reason I think Kizu is being delayed is because it is the shows biggest money maker. Out of all the Monogatari series, Kizu is probably the most anticipated and the most well received. It only makes sense that shaft wants to milk its release and make it as quality as possible. Hopefully 2013 is when we get it.
You are being charitable in your guess for the cause of the delay. The most convincing explanation I have seen so far given by fans in Japan is that there are delay issue with some of the key staff working on the anime. Of course it can be presented as a drive to make it "as quality as possible" but the fact that they had to issue repeated apologies about the delay and ate their own word about having a 2012 release (with the consequence of being made the butt of jokes among anime fans) indicates that some of the planning and production work indeed went seriously awry.

As for whether it is the show's biggest money maker, it is hard to tell. Personally I think out of all the Monogatari series, Bake is still the most well received, although Kizu indeed receives wide acclaims.
symbvJan 8, 2013 9:46 AM

Jan 8, 2013 9:33 AM

Jun 2012
waalex11 said:
Finally thank you! I am loving 2013 already!

looks like this guy got tricked.
Jan 11, 2013 11:05 PM
May 2009
Ah well it seems like its got postponed into sometime this year then. lol Shaft. Oh well what can you do. This will get done eventually. I just pray that we get some info on it soon and that the budget for the movie is extremely high. The animation in the preview wont cut it for me, needs to be much better but it likely will be. I hope the tweak the character designs a little bit though especially Kiss-Shot's. I am fine with all her designs up to now (from little girl to teenager), but I think her full vampire form needs some work but better animation quality will probably improve that altho I still wish the design would be improved a bit. i think they needed to go just a little younger personally than what they did in the trailer. (feels like she looks almost too old based on the description from the novel. Please no 500 year old jokes)
Jan 30, 2013 8:18 PM

Nov 2012
Well we all know this was just a another bull shit rumor it's 2013 and the not even the year of the release date is known. But I have a theory, I think when the entire series is finished they will release the movie to show how everything started.
Jun 29, 2013 3:57 AM
Mar 2012
Lil_Wayne said:
Ah well it seems like its got postponed into sometime this year then. lol Shaft. Oh well what can you do. This will get done eventually. I just pray that we get some info on it soon and that the budget for the movie is extremely high. The animation in the preview wont cut it for me, needs to be much better but it likely will be. I hope the tweak the character designs a little bit though especially Kiss-Shot's. I am fine with all her designs up to now (from little girl to teenager), but I think her full vampire form needs some work but better animation quality will probably improve that altho I still wish the design would be improved a bit. i think they needed to go just a little younger personally than what they did in the trailer. (feels like she looks almost too old based on the description from the novel. Please no 500 year old jokes)

Mmm in the books she's not depicted as being that young. She acts like a young woman, which is what she looks like in all of her character designs. It's not like she looks old, so I don't have the same issue that you have. The most important thing about her is that she looks elegant and like a young woman: in that respect all of her character designs are accurate to me? As much as her and Koyomi *click* I don't think that means she has to look like a teenager like the rest of the girls, after all she has a teenage form already.

That aside, I have been waiting for this since I read Kizumono, given it's my favorite book and I secretly ship her and Koyomi xD But her arc is Monogatari: Season 2 will tide me over until this eventually is out. Until then, Shaft better make this look better than anything they've done until now! :D
Jul 30, 2013 12:05 PM

Sep 2012
Twitter is abuzz with this image from yanaron blog which says it is coming in the fall but I can't find it anywhere official yet:
Jul 30, 2013 12:37 PM

Sep 2012
@VanishingKira
That pic from yaraon is just a banner for Monogatari 2nd season and nothing about Kizu is shown there.

hpulley said:
Twitter is abuzz with this image from yanaron blog which says it is coming in the fall but I can't find it anywhere official yet:
Well, if you read the comment by Yaraon's webmaster even he show heavy skepticism about this "news" as it may just be a leftover from some early promotion material before the movie got postponed. The fact that it is found only in some little-known digital music store also raises question. As the webmaster said, if it really is going to be this fall, then the best time to make a splash about it, short of organizing its own event, would be to do it in the Comiket in less than 2 weeks' time. So let's see if we are really going to hear something concrete later.

Still given the new Madoka movie is in Oct and fall means until Nov, I just don't see how Shaft would want two big ticket items to be in theaters at the same time...
symbvJul 30, 2013 1:03 PM

Nov 7, 2013 1:41 PM

Nov 2012
This wait is just painful.
I can't even...
Nov 7, 2013 1:45 PM

Sep 2012
^^^^ When we all feel like 400 year old vampires from the wait, Shaft and Aniplex will be ready to release this film.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

5 by dimidrum »»
3 hours ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - 9 hours ago

4 by Memore »»
6 hours ago

» 'Maougun Saikyou no Majutsushi wa Ningen datta' Announces Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - 7 hours ago

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
7 hours ago

» 'Suki demo Kirai na Amanojaku' Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer

Hyperion_PS - 8 hours ago

1 by RobertBobert »»
7 hours ago

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Yesterday

30 by RobertBobert »»
8 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.