Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 25, 2011 1:30 PM
Nov 2010
Am i the only one that sees what Treesea just did?

Before fight- We will protect Isana and defeat Treesea
During fight- We can't win she is to strong

Treesea basically may them feel like she can come and kill the dream demon whenever she wants and their is nothing they can do to stop her. So yeah, even though the dream demon is still alive and Isana is okay, I'll say the victory is for Treesea.
Mar 25, 2011 2:57 PM

Jul 2010
Well that was one sexy opening scene. I totally didn't expect that! o.o
Argh, I really hate that teacher. Everybody trusted him and now he's being an asshole. Parade was so damn cute though. As expected from Isana's dream demon! =D

The whole gang coming togheter (except Threepiece) in the day dream was really cool. Merry was quite powerless in comparison to Treesea though. The confrontation is bound to be great and hopefully they'll find a way to defeat her as a team.

They really have to save Isana next episode so the one after that can be a happy ending! D:

Mar 25, 2011 4:45 PM

Jul 2010
Yumeji should just stab that teacher in the real world and it would e all over.
Mar 25, 2011 5:15 PM

Sep 2009
@ Kunai : If only it could be that easy. xD
Mar 25, 2011 5:19 PM

Oct 2010
epicness :D
i hope Yumeji gets some type of fighting powers, that would be cool.
Mar 25, 2011 6:02 PM
Feb 2010
That fight was pathetic. I want Merry to power-up again and kickass.
Also, if I was Yumeji, I'd tell Ijima that I won't see him at the ceremony because he'll be dead. I'd just kill him and see if Treesea died too.
I really hope they end the season with an awesome battle and not alot of talk with little fighting.
Mar 25, 2011 6:27 PM

Apr 2008
Yumekichi11 said:
I still wonder how the heck can you have any form of love for a dream demon?
The old rule: as long as it’s cute.
Cat, traps, even a dream demon is fine too :D

QKunai said:
Yumeji should just stab that teacher in the real world and it would e all over.
With Yumeji in jail…
Merry might be able to do it though, after all she never really “exist” in the real world, at least legally. No birth, no family, no relatives, no history, no identity.
Mar 25, 2011 6:30 PM

May 2009
Sad display by Merry and Yumeji. Woefully underprepared, outwitted and overpowered. After experiencing something like that, someone in Yumeji's position should be desperate enough to at least consider taking that crap teacher out in the real life. Sigh.
Mar 25, 2011 8:02 PM

Apr 2009
All I can say is that:
Kawanami = Homura
Isana = Madoka

Other than that, the episode was anticlimatic... do I need to say more? You guys already stated what I was gonna say. xD
RandomPerson4 said:
YES! FUCK YOU LIGHT YAGAMI! FUCK YOU!!!!!!!
Mar 25, 2011 8:30 PM
Mar 2010
Nothing happened again. Treesea hesitated like fifteen times that episode. I suppose I could just attribute it to her wanting to play around, but still, she had so many opportunities to just finish the job.

Fight scene was pretty lackluster. Apparently Merry can only take a few slaps?

Having read the manga I am quite disappointed that they deviated like this. Maybe next episode will finally have something happen, instead of just waiting until the last episode.
Mar 25, 2011 9:20 PM

Jan 2011
This was a major letdown. In one scene I'm sure someone was talking without their mouth moving and the battle scenes are like 1-3 keyframes per second. How pitiful.

Oh, come on! Merry was just slapped a few times and then she can't she can't even get up?! We are now exclusively in anime filler territory here, and it sucks. The staff at J.C. Staff could't write a half-decent original storyline to save their lives. The manga's story is better by several orders of magnitude.

Oh, and Mistletine is hot and sexy.
Mar 25, 2011 10:26 PM

Aug 2008
Saved by the whimsy of your opponent. That's pretty embarrassing and disheartening. I've come to really enjoy the brand of evil and nasty that Iijima-sensei and Mistleteen embody. It's a nasty "I hate the world" feeling you get from them. Not the pointless insanity that Heracles probably embodies.

It is still a bit frustrating that no one has figured out a way to deal with the situation. Though in the case of Mistleteen and Iijima, they should have no qualms about taking them out. But now they aren't nearly strong enough to touch them. I don't blame them for not killing that new Muma either. It was so cute, ignorant and scared.

Mar 25, 2011 10:50 PM

Jul 2009
So... much... win... I can't... my god....
Animation was awesome, sound was awesome, Treesea is incredibly attractive, and the despair was palpable.

Obviously I'm not a manga reader.
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Mar 26, 2011 12:47 AM
Sep 2009
Hope to see John Doe in action in the remaining episodes
Mar 26, 2011 1:41 AM

Sep 2009
I knew nothing was really going to happen in that battle with how slow they were going. Still a good episode though. Looking forward to a showdown.
Mar 26, 2011 2:44 AM

May 2009
I wish they'd hurry it up a bit. Two episodes to go, yet virtually nothing has been revealed what we didn't know already. Oh right, we saw Isana's Dream Demon, but other than that. nothing.

Iijima seems to be able to make love with Treesea. Wanna bet Yumeji and Merry can do that too if they really wanted to? Plus, the fact that they can enter a Day Dream other than their own seems to suggest there's more to them than we're being told. Heck, the very fact that Yumeji has those powers must be indicative of something.

And why is Merry so friggin' obsessed with her hat? She loses it and becomes a total wimp. Given that she can be extremely badass when push comes to shove, why isn't she showing any of that right now?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 26, 2011 8:04 AM

Jul 2009
Iijima and Treesea definitely have some kind of relationship, emotionally and sexually I'm assuming. It's not traditional 'love', but their own warped kind, I feel like. I STILL LOVE BOTH OF THEM AND I ACTUALLY KIND OF SHIP IT.

But wow, I actually enjoyed this episode a lot. Lots of Isana, Iijima and Treesea though, so that might have something to do with it. Wish the previous episodes had been awesome like this :/
I THOUGHT VIVI TOO WHEN I SAW ISANA'S DREAM DEMON HAHAHA. I think he's adorable though. Wish we got to see more of him and some actual interaction between Isana and him.

I love what they've done with the whole Iijima/Treesea thing for antagonists. I also second that this is basically calling for a second season, since it would be pretty shitty if they just left that whole Elcres thing unsolved.
Pushing for some backstory on Iijima and Treesea in the final two episodes.
Mar 26, 2011 9:37 AM

Jan 2009
I actually liked the anime's story until this point...those extra character are really starting to get on my nerves.
Mar 26, 2011 9:50 AM

Jul 2009
Pretty good actually O_O I really like Treesea and Ijima. I mean that whole thing about not caring about random strangers and only protecting your "friends"? Super extra bonus points!
Battle was horrible. Seriously. Treesea should have just owned them this episode. I guess she couldn't thought because there are TWO MORE EPISODES THAT NEED TO BE DONE. Oh well -_-" Not that I really mind, because Merry (and Yumeji) getting owned was fun to watch :3
Really liked the music this episode lol
I wish I could paint like Isana D;
I guess next episode they need Play to help them win / fight? What about that whole "oh it'll destroy their dreams" thing? I guess they don't care if they're destroying Iijima's dreams, huh?
Mar 26, 2011 1:11 PM

Nov 2007
Echoing what others have said: disappointing .
It's easy to see that the end they're going for would fit in 1 good-paced ep, but they're stretching it out over 4 eps.
*yawn.
Mar 26, 2011 4:31 PM

Dec 2008
Holy shit!! Is Iijima f**king Mistelteen?!?!?!? That's just wrong on so many levels!! Kill them both...quickly!! O_o

Palete is just adorable!! I want him/her to be my dream demon!!
Mar 26, 2011 5:44 PM

Nov 2008
oh my this show is being dragged too much D: But still itt gives depth which makes the story more interesting though I didn't like the way they slow things just because of lack of script and they want all of it to fit before the season ends >.> Well they are anime-only stories so it's cool and no one can give spoilers from attention whore readers xDD

Elcres has been introduced so it's definitely a hint of a second season. That's the part where the manga revolves. It's like the animators wanted to have background stories before facing the last boss xDD

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Mar 26, 2011 7:03 PM

Nov 2010
All that i need to say is wow that a utter failures but yet they came out somewhat victorious in the end, at least Isana's dream death was postponed. Really want Iijima to die so badly...
Mar 26, 2011 7:17 PM

Mar 2011
Nichibotsu-kaeru said:
epicness :D
i hope Yumeji gets some type of fighting powers, that would be cool.

He will become awesome later, don't worry. I trust JC staff, personally.

beccca14 said:
That fight was pathetic. I want Merry to power-up again and kickass.
Also, if I was Yumeji, I'd tell Ijima that I won't see him at the ceremony because he'll be dead. I'd just kill him and see if Treesea died too.
I really hope they end the season with an awesome battle and not alot of talk with little fighting.

They can't make her power-up if they plan to make a sequel with Heracles, for good reasons. Moreover, Merry can't kick ass or summon her keys like this, she didn't even control herself when she used them.
I'm quite sure we WILL have a lot of talking. Probably one big battle in ep13, but with talking and backstory here. Merry was never about big fights everywhere. Well, it isn't for the moment anyway.

I'm pretty sure that the one who will kick asses will be Kawanami's dream demon, sadly.

AO968 said:
I wish they'd hurry it up a bit. Two episodes to go, yet virtually nothing has been revealed what we didn't know already. Oh right, we saw Isana's Dream Demon, but other than that. nothing.

Pretty normal. Don't expect too much, the serie will end with Treesea, period. And if it have a good rating, expect a sequel with everything else when the manga will be far anough.

EvianBubble said:
Battle was horrible. Seriously. Treesea should have just owned them this episode. I guess she couldn't thought because there are TWO MORE EPISODES THAT NEED TO BE DONE.

Not only. Remember what Treesea said earlier in the episode? She was thanking Ijima because thanks to him, she doesn't only kill people, she makes them suffer by raping their dreams, it's more fun. It explain the end of the episode perfectly.
Basically, she's an HUGE sadist. So she just crushed their dream of saving Isana in... well...2 minutes? No,let's say one.
And now she will delight herself by watching Merry and co suffer, trying to struggle, knowing that they cannot do anything except waiting for "the day", and are completely dependant of her. Even Kawanami, who was supposed to be completely emotionless .
This is less stupid than it seems at first, psychologically-speaking, it's just horrible . Especially when someon's life is at stake. And it's delightful for someone crazy.
It's an understandable choice from the production, even if people who were expecting fights when starting this serie can be disappointed, yes.

(Of course, Treesea isn't aware that she is in a shounen, and what it implies...)
willardhwrightMar 26, 2011 7:22 PM
Mar 27, 2011 1:49 AM

Apr 2008
All fighting ability is lost when not wearing dat hat.

Yumeji's Mundane Ability to Heroicly Get Hurt and Power Up Another Character surprisingly failed this episode.
Mar 27, 2011 3:27 AM

Oct 2010
togeyanagi said:
Hope to see John Doe in action in the remaining episodes
This! Fuck yeah John Doe! Always say that when I see him in the OP. First impression of him was bad guy, don't like you but ever since he healed Yumeji, he is the best IMO as a male muma.
AO968 said:

Iijima seems to be able to make love with Treesea. Wanna bet Yumeji and Merry can do that too if they really wanted to?
I am sure they can but I will let hentai fan made mangas show me that as is usually the case anyways.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Mar 27, 2011 5:32 AM

Mar 2011
Well, theorically if you learn to lucid dream, anyone can make love with anyone (yeah, it includes 2D characters)
Damn, lucid dreaming is great. Enjoy your Treesea, everyone.
willardhwrightMar 28, 2011 6:03 PM
Mar 27, 2011 2:26 PM
Dec 2007
Wasabi said:
Hmmmm since they're most likely going to push Treesea as the main antagonist for this show, does this mean JC Staff intend to get a second season green lit for Elcres Pharos?

Would be cool, although this episode didn't plead in favour of the show, with the slow pace and virtually non-existent development.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Mar 27, 2011 8:08 PM

Feb 2011
It was a nice episode but I felt that Merry and Yumeji could have given more of a fight. Treesea is definitely the kind of villian I like in anime.
Mar 28, 2011 2:13 AM

Aug 2010
They just stopped fighting? How anti-climactic... Anyways, I've been enjoying the last two episodes a lot, I don't know if the break I held, or there was some change in the art, but it seems to me that it improved somewhat. 4/5 but only because of the ending, otherwise a 5/5 episode.
Mar 28, 2011 10:35 AM
Feb 2009
lol the action is so lame when compared to earlier ep...
other than that, everything else is fine (since i like treesea, so i dont mind the slowpace as long as she can have more screen time lol)
oblivious is a bliss
Mar 28, 2011 11:32 AM

Jan 2011
Unlike most fictional villains who stop the action to explain exactly just what their fiendish plans are to the (temporarily) helpless hero, Mistelteen's sparing (temporarily) the scoobs makes sense here. Both Mistelteen and Iijima are sadistic serial killers and get off on their feelings of power and dominance and their victims' feelings of helplessness and despair. For the next few weeks Iijima will have his victims in his class, knowing that he and Mistelteen are coming for them, but not being able to do anything about it! With the power to take your victim into a private (dream) world where they are totally at your mercy, these are seriously evil beings (I'm getting a Paul Bernardo/Karla Homolka vibe here).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karla_Homolka (the details are not pretty--fair warning)
rodacMar 28, 2011 11:40 AM
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Mar 28, 2011 12:17 PM

Jun 2009
I just watched theis ep and all I can really think about was, it's kinda lame I know, what was censored in the beggining. I think its censoring but I'm not quite sure...

Excited for this show as I was, I lost interest in it and comparing it to the manga, it could have been better...
Mar 29, 2011 6:03 AM

Oct 2009
Is it just me who thinks this anime is kinda boring?? :/
Mar 29, 2011 6:19 AM

Mar 2011
trusttt said:

It's you. More accurately, in fact, it depends a lot of wha t you were expecting when you started it, because it have a really strange feeling compared to the typical shounen with fights everywere.

I would say that Merry is a strange mix between a shounen and a slice of life, and as such is really good.But people expecting a shounen, period, can be unpleasantly surprised because of the pace,yeah.
Mar 29, 2011 12:45 PM

Jun 2009
trusttt said:

I think it's boring. It's the way they tell the story and the dialogue between the characters are somewhat bland. Animation is good and artwork is stunning but the dialogue...
Mar 29, 2011 12:56 PM

Mar 2011
It felt some what of a filler to me. it was getting pretty good around the ending until it all stopped and now we have to wait for the next ep for another awesome fight scene.
Loving the anime btw.
Mar 29, 2011 1:35 PM

Mar 2011
ChacoBox said:
It felt some what of a filler to me. it was getting pretty good around the ending until it all stopped and now we have to wait for the next ep for another awesome fight scene.
Loving the anime btw.

Technically, half of the season is a filler.
Mar 29, 2011 5:20 PM

Nov 2007
awful fight .... I couldn't even tell how Merry had been beaten and then the enemy just leaves? it seemed pretty fillerish. hoping for a better ending....
Mar 30, 2011 3:48 AM

Oct 2009
willardhwright said:

It's you. More accurately, in fact, it depends a lot of wha t you were expecting when you started it, because it have a really strange feeling compared to the typical shounen with fights everywere.

I would say that Merry is a strange mix between a shounen and a slice of life, and as such is really good.But people expecting a shounen, period, can be unpleasantly surprised because of the pace,yeah.

I was expecting alot more fights, there are fights almost every episode but its just 2,3 minutes and shows just a little, there could be more emotional battles in this, the anime started great, i really enjoyed 1st episode but since then it was just falling for me. Still, doesnt change the fact the anime is original and very different from what we're used to see.
Apr 2, 2011 12:11 AM

Jan 2009
This was another boring episode. I'm losing interest in this series completely.
Apr 3, 2011 4:25 PM

Feb 2009
Like... seriously?

I mean... really?

Worst. Fight. EVER!

JC, I am disappoint.
Apr 5, 2011 8:20 AM

Oct 2009
That teacher is evil, who would have thought that he was actually working together with the muma?
Apr 7, 2011 7:22 AM

Aug 2010
That bastard Ijima still pissed me off since from the last episode!
Apr 11, 2011 3:00 PM
Mar 2010
nice episode!!!
Tension in last 10 minutes are awesome... Treesea seems very very strong.... definitely we are in climax of this series, after each episode, good impressions increase...

next to 12th ep
Apr 12, 2011 5:27 AM

Apr 2010
i dont feel this anime is anime is that good enough..i mean..the beg. of this anime shows more potential but as the series progresses,,it disappoints me more..com'on give us more reasonable action here..esp. since there are 2 eps left..surprise us..
Apr 24, 2011 12:09 PM

Aug 2010
Heres what i would do kill the teacher no teacher no vessel Terresa disappears wow problem solved
Jul 3, 2011 8:46 AM

Dec 2009
I know Merry and Yumeji are the main characters... but i want treesea to kill everybody :/...
Dec 4, 2011 9:49 PM

Mar 2010
I KNEW IT! just like I predicted! Build up all the tensity, then fail terribly. Why do I bother!? Goodness. Let'a just get this over with. Not looking forward to the next!
Apr 2, 2012 3:50 PM

Dec 2011
awesome episode ruined by villains walking away at what should have been the climax. i'm preparing myself for this ending to suck even though I've enjoyed most of the series.
Ooo, what a lovely tea party.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yumekui Merry Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Kuro4735 - Jan 6, 2011

189 by Limi »»
Jan 6, 5:20 AM

Poll: » Yumekui Merry Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

stevewiess01 - Apr 7, 2011

180 by waalex11 »»
Sep 12, 2023 8:12 PM

Poll: » Yumekui Merry Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Blackbird - Mar 31, 2011

82 by Archean-Return »»
Aug 10, 2023 6:25 PM

Poll: » Yumekui Merry Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

stevewiess01 - Mar 3, 2011

86 by Archean-Return »»
Aug 10, 2023 4:07 PM

Poll: » Yumekui Merry Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

stevewiess01 - Feb 24, 2011

73 by Archean-Return »»
Aug 10, 2023 3:24 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.