Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 24, 2011 10:18 AM

Aug 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lucario is one of my favorite Pokemon, so him in a film is very cool for me. The film had more of an epic fantasy feel to it. The animation and action were good too.
Bum Bum Dum Dum

Aug 19, 2012 4:22 PM

Mar 2011
My favorite Pokemon movie ^^
Apr 10, 2013 9:31 PM

Nov 2011
I just realized I really did enjoy this movie. Of the first 8, this is my highest rated thus far. (8/10....only Mewtwo returns also holds an 8)
Nov 13, 2013 2:25 AM

Jul 2008
Yeah Lucario is an awesome pokemon. Last 2 movies have been pretty good. The ending with the dying tree felt a bit forced, but other than that this was a good movie.
Feb 6, 2015 3:49 PM

Mar 2013
What this movie teaches kids: " if someone questions your weird sexual relationship with an animal, punch him in the face" ^^

But basically it is probably the best of the shitty pokemon movie (so every pokemon movie that isnt one of the first 2) because it had quite some moments to make fun about and it even had at least some consequences.

"Put the timeflower inside your asshole and 5 minutes will feel like an hour"
Jun 24, 2015 8:54 AM
Mar 2013
This was probably my 3rd favorite Pokemon movie. I enjoyed the plot and character development with Lucario. And Mew's morphing was cool too.

I think the only part in the movie where I was annoyed was when Lucario tried to claim Pikachu abandoned Ash, Ash gets rightfully upset, and everyones just taking Lucario's side for no reason even though he is the one who started it in the first place, but because Ash said one harsh thing, Lucario just gets a free pass (even before Ash grabbed him) while Ash is the only one getting called out for saying something harsh (May particularly got me really annoyed during all this. She makes Ash out to be the only one in the wrong). I hate scenes where someone says something uncalled for to the mc, he gets rightfully upset and fires back, but people only get mad at the mc and makes him out to be the only one in the wrong just because he said something also harsh (really ticks me off).
RoychopJun 27, 2015 6:28 AM
Mar 29, 2017 2:23 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
was a nice film, with a interesting start a mixed action and medieval fantasy alwasy mixed with the pokemon world!!!
This adventure was original, although the plot was a little childish!! Was a adventure, Ash and Cia. to find Pikachu in a strange tree, alive rock-tree!!!! Action, drama, runs and happy end xDS

Lucario, Pikachu and Mew was the protagonsits, but the best to me, was Regirock, Registeel and Regice!!! xD

6/10
Oct 22, 2017 1:55 AM

Apr 2016
A masterpiece movie of pokemon
BRAWLERS
Dec 7, 2018 12:03 AM

Dec 2016
Cartoon Network's really gotta do all day Pokemon movie marathons bro, like do the exact same shit ABC Family/ Freeform does where it's literally Harry Potter weekend every month lol
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Mar 29, 2021 1:56 PM

Jul 2013
I used to think that Lucario is a legendary Pokemon because of this movie, hehe.

I think that the historical background and lore surrounding the Tree of Beginning are what made this movie really interesting in my eyes.

During the credits you can see Butler and Diane from "Jirachi: Wish Maker" living as farmers.
Aug 2, 2021 12:28 PM

Jan 2016
Still a masterpiece 16 years later

Man, times like this just won't ever come back will they?
Jan 3, 2022 3:51 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
BEST POKEMON MOVIE HANDS DOWN !!!
張大です for 張大勇督察
Feb 17, 2023 8:17 AM

Jan 2013
Brock actually being allowed to involve himself with a girl and being able to dance with her!
The Regi Pokemon were actually terrifying here, that paired with the soundtrack whenever they showed up, one of the cooler moments.
Did not expect to get emotional seeing Pikachu cry after Ash disappeared :/

Honestly just a great movie, emotional story, great visuals, awesome Pokemon.
9/10 for me.

Also this was the last movie I'd seen before when I was younger so now it's all new Pokemon movies for me (when I get to the corresponding episode count that is ^^)
Apr 2, 2023 4:08 AM

Sep 2021
watched this in 360p in 2023 lmao

still, banger remains a banger whatever year you watch it in

the latest anime has butchered the concept of waves/aura though (not like they have utilised any concept properly anytime)
May 13, 2023 12:18 AM
Apr 2022
Show Rate Meter Guide  - (5 Great _ 4 Good _ 3 Fine _ 2 Not Good _ 1 Bad).(dismal are sometimes needed)
[Story] - 4   
[Art/Animation] - 4
[Sound/Music] - 3
[M-Character] - 4
[S-Character] - 3.5
[Enjoyment] - 3.5
[Overall] - 3.5
Don't have much to say other then, this film was Good. Saw this movie as a early teen's on TV. I think this film was when I was not into Pokémon much and starting to get into other games and shows. the story telling was great and the art scenery was beautiful. I loved everything they were doing in the Castle, from the old style dress up and the battles. Also the ball-room like dance they all did, with there Pokémon having fun too. Mew was just trying to have fun because he/she is alone, finding toys to play with or playing pranks with people and other Pokémon. Lucario story was a sad one but he got to be with the human he most loved at the end. I like at the ending seeing the characters from Jirachi wish maker working with Kidd
CcCharlesMay 13, 2023 12:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.