Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Available on Manga Store
New
Mar 18, 2011 10:03 AM

Jul 2010
http://animapple.blogspot.com/2011/03/madoka-is-not-airing-next-week-either.html

kindly read, it's not 100% sure but an update about Madoka is a must. >.<
Simplistic beauty can't be appreciated by someone who looks for something grand in everything he watch.
Mar 18, 2011 10:14 AM

Dec 2010
Bad, bad, bad.
And without a decent reason, this time.
"Tonight, I sit in the eye of the storm. As fire boils around me, I press forward, winds and lightning lashing my wings. I am no match for what I face. Yet I will not back down, and though fear may place it's stranglehold on my heart, courage will see me through. With tears in my eyes, I hit full throttle. My engines become an inferno, and my weapons light up, awaiting my command.

If I die tonight, I will do so fighting for everything I believe in."

Mar 18, 2011 10:37 AM

Jul 2010
^ ^
to fit airing schedule of Tokyo and other Kanto, maybe
Mar 18, 2011 11:00 AM

Aug 2009
This earthquake is so inconvenient in so many ways.
Mar 18, 2011 11:01 AM

Oct 2009
WHAT! no, never. When there's finally a quality anime aired, they maybe cancel it? It's already bad that they'll postpone it for so long. I understand the whole earthquake/nuclear power plant thing, that is horrible and ofcourse you'll postpone animes because of that. But this ain't got no reason, for G's sake.

MBS, stop BS'ing please.
Mar 18, 2011 1:02 PM

Nov 2007
Here it's suggested episode 11 will be airing on the 31st at 1:25 am JST
http://cal.syoboi.jp/tid/2077
31 木 25:25-25:55 MBS毎日放送 #11 最後に残った道しるべ
3/17、3/24は自粛のため放送休止
Mar 18, 2011 4:25 PM

May 2009
Chances are, if it doesn't air, it'll end up like Bakemonogatari.
Mar 18, 2011 5:55 PM

Jul 2009
Don't worry about it, they can't just stop here. I reckon we'll see it on the 31st.
Mar 18, 2011 6:37 PM

Apr 2009
Easy guys. MBS website still currently says:
http://www.mbs.jp/pgm/timetable/daily/20110324.shtml said:
25:39 番組未定

番組未定 ~= programming undecided

Those posts on 2ch (and animapple post based on them) are based on MBS's EPG, which happened to change frequently recently. Before at least the website confirms it, I'd say it's still hope it'll air on 24th.

If for some crazy reason it won't air neither on 24th nor on 31st, it'll finish on Niconico. I'm sure of it. Heck, it has to! ;)
Mar 18, 2011 6:38 PM

Apr 2008
Its a little too soon to say if it's delayed till 31 but if its the best they can do to get it back on air, I say we can wait.
Mar 18, 2011 7:02 PM
Aug 2010
well..... so we don't know about madoka but good news, we get rio rainbow gate!!!............ no! this is just BS!
Mar 18, 2011 7:58 PM

Aug 2009
With these postponements we might just get to see the last episode airing during the actual Walpurgis Night. xD
Mar 18, 2011 9:15 PM

Dec 2007
^ Well, I hope so. It'd be a shame if this series doesn't finish.
Mar 19, 2011 11:02 AM

Nov 2007
kFYatek said:
Easy guys. MBS website still currently says:
http://www.mbs.jp/pgm/timetable/daily/20110324.shtml said:
25:39 番組未定

番組未定 ~= programming undecided

Those posts on 2ch (and animapple post based on them) are based on MBS's EPG, which happened to change frequently recently. Before at least the website confirms it, I'd say it's still hope it'll air on 24th.

If for some crazy reason it won't air neither on 24th nor on 31st, it'll finish on Niconico. I'm sure of it. Heck, it has to! ;)

I think this confirms that ep 11 will stream on Niconico 2011/03/24 03:00 JST
http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv40868189
kinda strange that Nico would stream it before it airs on MBS though.
Mar 19, 2011 10:24 PM

Jul 2010
yeah,from what i've read, Madoka episode 11 will "possibly" air on March 31, and i hope it does >.<

@metamorphius
Walpurgis Night date is on April 30 or May 1? and that is a very LOOOOOOOOONNGGGG wait XD
Simplistic beauty can't be appreciated by someone who looks for something grand in everything he watch.
Mar 20, 2011 7:31 AM
Mar 2011
According to an article which popped up at SankakuComplex, the producers are "glad" about the delay, because Shaft is still working on the final episodes. As others suspect, I guess the ending of Madoka might have apocalyptic scenes, why else would the tv stations decide for "self-restraint" and put the show on a (hopefully short) hiatus? And I think there is no way to actually cancel such a popular show, the last two episodes will air sooner or later.
Mar 20, 2011 7:36 AM

Aug 2009
AmberFebruary said:

@metamorphius
Walpurgis Night date is on April 30 or May 1? and that is a very LOOOOOOOOONNGGGG wait XD

I know, I was kinda joking there cuz I remembered that festivity would be coming soon. But seeing how it was postponed twice and it is still not certain that ep 11 will air on March 31, some more delaying could make it happen. That being said, I certainly wouldn't want to wait that long and am holding my thumbs for Madoka to air as soon as possible.
Mar 20, 2011 2:20 PM

Aug 2009
nextday said:
Reminds me of what happened with Bakemonogatari, to a lesser extent.

Don't jinx it (>.<)
Mar 20, 2011 2:37 PM
Aug 2009
Oh c'mon! Don't be like that.
This show is worth waiting for, it doesn't matter if it's a week, or two, or a year.
Mar 21, 2011 5:26 AM

Apr 2009
We rejoiced quite a bit about the niconico scheduled broadcast, and today I woke up and saw this:
この度の『東日本大震災』の影響により、場合によっては放送が延期となる可能性がございます。あらかじめご了承下さい。

If my moonspeak skills are correct, it means:
Due to the effects of recent earthquake in eastern Japan, broadcast may potentially get postponed depending on the situation. Please be forewarned.

Shit, now the "programming undecided" slot on MBS seems the only hope for Madoka this week :/
Mar 21, 2011 5:35 AM

Jul 2009
A 2nd week without Madoka? Time to stock up on rations, its gonna be a looooong week.

Anyway, I'm not too worried. I think we'll see it next week.
Mar 21, 2011 5:42 AM

Aug 2010
Every episode 'till now was worth waiting for. Going by intuition, I would say that waiting for the last 2 episodes would be a challenge but I also think the rewards will be great. I even think SHAFT are currently improving the episodes and making them perfect xD
Mar 21, 2011 1:29 PM

May 2009
According to Random Curiosity, episode 11 will air on March 31, mostly because SHAFT wants more time to finish the episodes.

I can't seem to find any official confirmation on this, though...
Firelord76Mar 21, 2011 1:46 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 21, 2011 2:17 PM
Jul 2010
AO968 said:
According to Random Curiosity, episode 11 will air on March 31, mostly because SHAFT wants more time to finish the episodes.

Well, it'd be awesome if it was confirmed. I mean, it's still a long wait until the 31st but at least I have a date to look forward to. The indefinite wait is always the worst one.
Mar 22, 2011 1:29 AM
Mar 22, 2011 3:20 AM

Aug 2009
Dusk252 said:
AO968 said:

Well, it'd be awesome if it was confirmed. I mean, it's still a long wait until the 31st but at least I have a date to look forward to. The indefinite wait is always the worst one.
That's wrong. Madoka's next airing is still undecided.
Mar 22, 2011 5:17 AM

Apr 2009
Bad news guys. MBS decided what they'll show at 25:39 on Thursday, and it's Quartet. No Madoka on TV this week for sure.

There's still little hope for Niconico tomorrow, but it seems unlikely for an episode to debut there and not have any other broadcast for a week. I think it's going to be rebroadcast of ep10, or it's going to be canceled at the last minute.

The worst case scenario (aside from not getting ep11 and ep12 at all) is AT-X in June, but I think we'll get Madoka next week.

Anyway,
Akiyama said:
http://steinsgate.tv/index.html

what am I really supposed to understand from that? What does that "collaboration" mean?
Mar 22, 2011 6:17 AM

Jul 2010
kFYatek said:

Anyway,
Akiyama said:
http://steinsgate.tv/index.html

what am I really supposed to understand from that? What does that "collaboration" mean?

it's because Puella Magi Madoka Magica is produced by Nitroplus and Urobuchi Gen is a Nitroplus writer where in Steins;Gate is based on a game by Nitroplus and Nitroplus may be producing Steins;Gate also ^^

aside from that, Homura-chan is repeating a loop(time-traveling) where in characters of Steins;Gate has "time-traveling" or anything related to parallel world concepts as their specialty.
Mar 22, 2011 10:20 AM

Jul 2010
Alert!!! big spoiler will come Mar.30

http://www.mangaoh.co.jp/catalog/245174/
別冊付録 小冊子 『魔法少女まどか☆マギカ』
アニメファンの間ではいま最も人気が高い『魔法少女まどか☆マギカ』。最終回を迎えたばかりのこの作品を16ページの小冊子で大特集。脚本・虚淵玄へのインタビューと、各話の見どころチェック。魔法少女を演じた5人の声優による座談会など、読み応えたっぷりの1冊です。もちろん各話紹介や設定資料集、魔女の設定画も掲載して資料性もあるものになっています。そして音楽担当・梶浦由記のインタビューも掲載予定になっています。

you must not visit any kind of anime site after Mar.30 if you don't want to be spoiled about Madoka
take a precaution
Mar 22, 2011 10:33 AM

Jun 2009
Oh well, at least I get to see my Rio... not
Mar 22, 2011 12:54 PM

Nov 2007
zimno said:
Alert!!! big spoiler will come Mar.30

http://www.mangaoh.co.jp/catalog/245174/
別冊付録 小冊子 『魔法少女まどか☆マギカ』
アニメファンの間ではいま最も人気が高い『魔法少女まどか☆マギカ』。最終回を迎えたばかりのこの作品を16ページの小冊子で大特集。脚本・虚淵玄へのインタビューと、各話の見どころチェック。魔法少女を演じた5人の声優による座談会など、読み応えたっぷりの1冊です。もちろん各話紹介や設定資料集、魔女の設定画も掲載して資料性もあるものになっています。そして音楽担当・梶浦由記のインタビューも掲載予定になっています。

you must not visit any kind of anime site after Mar.30 if you don't want to be spoiled about Madoka
take a precaution

I so hope they'll withhold the booklet until the series has finished! :P
Mar 22, 2011 1:09 PM

Dec 2010
cleo said:

Very likely. I mean, releasing it on schedule is suicidal.
"Tonight, I sit in the eye of the storm. As fire boils around me, I press forward, winds and lightning lashing my wings. I am no match for what I face. Yet I will not back down, and though fear may place it's stranglehold on my heart, courage will see me through. With tears in my eyes, I hit full throttle. My engines become an inferno, and my weapons light up, awaiting my command.

Mar 22, 2011 4:56 PM

Jul 2010
cleo said:

it seems to be changed the material to not fatal spoiler
but he said the booklet will offer in-depth previews(...)
according to Urobchi's tweet(50mins ago)
http://twitter.com/#!/Butch_Gen/statuses/50330851321458689
Mar 22, 2011 5:05 PM

Oct 2010
zimno said:
cleo said:

it seems to be changed the material to not fatal spoiler
but he said the booklet will offer in-depth previews(...)
according to Urobchi's tweet(50mins ago)
http://twitter.com/#!/Butch_Gen/statuses/50330851321458689

That's very interesting but I am more of art books so I hope there will be one of Madoka by the author and those who worked on the series.
-Quasar said:
Oh well, at least I get to see my Rio... not
ROFL, you will get to see Rio #12 don't worry because I saw it!
Psychodrake said:
A 2nd week without Madoka? Time to stock up on rations, its gonna be a looooong week.
Anyway, I'm not too worried. I think we'll see it next week.
I got so much shit to write and look in anime, I am certainly not worried just excited when it comes out at the moment it does.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Mar 22, 2011 5:05 PM

Apr 2009
The tweets are already translated on the wiki. Urobuchi also says that he doesn't know anything about production progress either, but he hopes for tomorrow's/today's (depending on the timezone :D) Niconico broadcast apparently as much as we do.
Mar 22, 2011 6:02 PM

Dec 2010
kFYatek said:
The tweets are already translated on the wiki. Urobuchi also says that he doesn't know anything about production progress either, but he hopes for tomorrow's/today's (depending on the timezone :D) Niconico broadcast apparently as much as we do.

But will it only air there?

Mar 22, 2011 7:01 PM

Apr 2009
BrickBreak said:

Noone knows whether it'll air or not. If it airs on Nico indeed... there's a whole lot of possibilities. MBS may show it instead of Quartet, but I think Quartet has higher priority because it's MBS' own production (but I don't know the popularity figures of Quartet vs. Madoka, and it may be important factor here). It may air next week, making MBS a week late after Nico (reverse to how it used to be). Or it may stop airing on TV altogether, with ep11 and ep12 airing in webcasts only.

And regardless of it all, the AT-X broadcast will probably go as planned, but we're talking about June here.
Mar 22, 2011 8:20 PM

Nov 2007
Imagine UroGen putting me at ease:
ん? さっきのレスでメガミマガジンについて心配してる方がおられた
が、幸いにギリギリの所で記事の差し替えに対応してもらえたので、放映終
了前提の致命的なネタバレはないはずです。でもちょっと踏み込んだ予告
編、程度の情報は致し方なく残ってるので、それすら気になる、という方
は要注意かも
Hm? There's a reply to me worrying about spoilers in Megami Magazine. Good thing that we've rewrote the article on the last minute. There should be no hard spoilers for an episode that hasn't been broadcasted. What's there is a more completed 'teaser', if someone do mind that please do warn about it.
Mar 22, 2011 8:29 PM

Dec 2010
kFYatek said:
BrickBreak said:

Noone knows whether it'll air or not. If it airs on Nico indeed... there's a whole lot of possibilities. MBS may show it instead of Quartet, but I think Quartet has higher priority because it's MBS' own production (but I don't know the popularity figures of Quartet vs. Madoka, and it may be important factor here). It may air next week, making MBS a week late after Nico (reverse to how it used to be). Or it may stop airing on TV altogether, with ep11 and ep12 airing in webcasts only.

Hmm. Yeah, a lot os possibilities, but I don't see MBS dropping it. I also don't know how popular is Madoka in Japan, but given that, at one point, chap 2 of the manga was sold out EVERYWHERE, I'll assume it's high.
If that's the case, they would never drop their cash cow, delayed or not.

Oh well, let's hope for the best. And it's about time I made a Nico account, too.

EDIT: It's great that the booklet doesn't come with spoilers, but one thing is for certain: I would feel ripped off, if I had pre-ordered it. If it was my decision, I delay it. Or if not possible, charge less for it.
Better than selling something incomplete at full price, at least...

Mar 22, 2011 11:35 PM

Jul 2010
the webcasts by Nico has been in jeopardy too...orz

Butch_Gen:情報が来た。希望は残ったけれど、すぐに叶えられるものではなさそうだ。正式な告知は夜になるらしい。いずれ見られるのは事実らしいが、いつ見られるのかは分からなくなった。 [http://twitter.com/Butch_Gen/statuses/50422071041331200]
Mar 23, 2011 3:42 AM

Nov 2007
It is official now
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Mar 23, 2011 7:06 AM

Dec 2010
Well, fuck.

Mar 23, 2011 8:16 AM

Aug 2009
Effing great. And I was saying how it could happen that the last ep airs on around real Walpurgis Night (>.<) Now it's even worse, this could turn in a Bakemonogatari-esque waiting.

Just ffffuck.
metamorphiusMar 23, 2011 8:22 AM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Apr 21, 2011

1543 by Biisoo »»
Apr 23, 3:47 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Apr 21, 2011

229 by Biisoo »»
Apr 15, 2:11 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Mar 10, 2011

704 by Biisoo »»
Apr 15, 1:41 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Feb 24, 2011

627 by Biisoo »»
Apr 15, 12:51 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Feb 10, 2011

523 by Biisoo »»
Apr 15, 11:18 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.