Forum Settings
Forums
PandoraHearts
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 17, 2011 8:59 AM

Oct 2008
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
the raws out on livejournal, surprisingly.

Mar 17, 2011 10:06 AM

Nov 2007
No~~~~, Elliot!!
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Mar 17, 2011 2:51 PM

Jun 2008
Iro-Sama : Yep she so cruel uf she really done it
but i still can't believe it
he was my Favorite along with Oz & Gil
I wanna read the translation !!
Kaio_Mar 17, 2011 2:56 PM

Mar 18, 2011 2:27 AM

Sep 2010
WHAT!? ELLIOT DIES!? UNFAAAIIIRRRRR T^T
He's my all time fave! I hope the translation's gonna be out soon. I have poor Japanese skills T^T
Mar 18, 2011 2:42 AM

Sep 2010
I hope that Elliot doesn't die. I guess I will have to wait to find out.
Always Smile. Stay Classy.
Mar 18, 2011 7:16 AM

Apr 2009
Umm, link please? ^^;
deadoptimist said:
Though I think shit-flinging should also have standards - no personal, no behind the scenes.
Mar 18, 2011 2:02 PM
Aug 2010
I guess Elliot kicked the bucket? :/ ... that's sad :( Leo is gonna be so depressed when he finds out! I really DO think El is dead though, since we've had the near miss with Reim already, and there was a big build up to it.

God, I hate Vincent :/ I don't even know what he's saying and I dislike him this chapter! xD I guess Break told Gil about Vincent's allegiance to the Baskervilles?
Mar 19, 2011 3:54 AM
Mar 2011
Finally a discussion thread about this chapter! At livejournal it hasn't been started bc there're not translations yet... but... I really needed to say:

WHY JUN-SAMA?!?!?! WHY?!?!? I still had hopes!
Eliot!!! I know you're dead, and when I saw you die, my heart broke into a million fragments... *sobs*
I still can't overcome it. He was more than a suportive character! (Actually it's not easy to think like that of any of PH charas...).

And yes, my vote went to "I hated it!", bc well, I hated the way Ely died. Not to mention, he "apparently" died hating Leo, which makes me sadder bc Leo just did all that to save him, not to turn him into an insane murderer.

And the fact he only thought of Oz while dying angered me, but at the same time moved me ;;

@Calmarsi: I know what you mean. I srly had started liking Vince despite whole chapters of hate, and then chapters of indiference, and at last chapters of slight sympathy.

But the way he DIDN'T do anything for Ely annoyed me. I know there was probably nothing he could do anyway, but still!!!!
AzeherMar 19, 2011 4:01 AM
Mar 19, 2011 7:14 AM

Oct 2008
Azeher said:
Finally a discussion thread about this chapter! At livejournal it hasn't been started bc there're not translations yet... but... I really needed to say:

WHY JUN-SAMA?!?!?! WHY?!?!? I still had hopes!
Eliot!!! I know you're dead, and when I saw you die, my heart broke into a million fragments... *sobs*
I still can't overcome it. He was more than a suportive character! (Actually it's not easy to think like that of any of PH charas...).

And yes, my vote went to "I hated it!", bc well, I hated the way Ely died. Not to mention, he "apparently" died hating Leo, which makes me sadder bc Leo just did all that to save him, not to turn him into an insane murderer.

And the fact he only thought of Oz while dying angered me, but at the same time moved me ;;

@Calmarsi: I know what you mean. I srly had started liking Vince despite whole chapters of hate, and then chapters of indiference, and at last chapters of slight sympathy.

But the way he DIDN'T do anything for Ely annoyed me. I know there was probably nothing he could do anyway, but still!!!!

as much as I managed to translate is that at the scene of his death he "denied all of humpty dumpties existence" and that this way he probably helped defeating it at the cost of his own life or something, but i'm not sure. if i'm right then it probably sucks alot, cuz self-sacrifice is exactly what he hates..

anyway I don't think elliot could ever really hate leo for what he did and at least that asshole vincent(i never liked him) didn't seem all happy about elliots death and he knew that there was hardly anything he could do.
Mar 19, 2011 2:21 PM

Jul 2008
t e a r s - that was beautifully done. Oz's realization of what he had done, Elliot's final moments, the blankness in the last few pages... ugh my heart.

Oh the irony of Elliot sacrificing himself when that is the one thing he hated.

The Nightray family is freaking cursed, I swear.

BEGINNER
Mar 20, 2011 3:32 AM

Oct 2009
This is such a bitter and sad chapter. With each new chapter I liked Elliot more and more. On the other hand, I must admit I like this move with Elliot's death and I think it makes this manga better. This makes it more 'precious', if you know what I mean. I'm not sure if one can live with the understanding of him killing the ones he loved. This is truly bitter.

There certainly are possibilites of Elliot being alive. I mean, we don't really know much about Abyss. I can see him stayin' alive and being caught in the Abyss.

Depressing chapters are yet to come. I can't wait for the Vincent x Gilbert conversation. It was a long awated one.

Oh, and yeah, I have a strong feeling now that Jack was the one who killed Alice.
Mar 20, 2011 4:46 AM

Apr 2009
adamantine said:

The Nightray family is freaking cursed, I swear.

This. This. This.
But why'd she have to kill him TAT damn it, I really liked Elliot... I was hoping he'd survive somehow.. and it was so sad too T__T If she needed someone to die she could have killed someone else, why him? >>

Azeher said:

There was nothing he could do. He offered to kill him which might have been "the easy way out". Don't hate on Vince, people D8
-
Okay, sorry for commenting about something other than Elliot's death but... Break told Gil..fffffffff.. Everyone knew that that's what he wanted to tell him like 3 chapters ago but still.. I got that "ohcrapcrapcrap" feeling in my stomach when Gil stopped Vincent. Poor Vincent T-T ...I know that Elliot just died but I had to let this out somewhere.
-
Btw, page 3 when Oz is like "He's dead.. Jack killed him... I killed him..." ...gave me chills.
deadoptimist said:
Though I think shit-flinging should also have standards - no personal, no behind the scenes.
Mar 20, 2011 6:03 AM
Aug 2010
hehe....*smirk* I am SOOOO looking forward to how Gil is gonna tackle the issue of Vincent's co-operation with the Baskervilles. Maybe he won't tell him that he knows, or maybe he'll just come out and say it...I wanna see the drama! xD I wonder if next chapter Sharon and Break will appear again...wonder what they've been up to just sat outside xD

Barma has super senses I swear...he noticed something was up despite him not being there o.O
Mar 20, 2011 7:31 AM
Mar 2011
the translation is out!!!
Mar 20, 2011 8:22 AM

May 2010
We already had a "He's not REALLY dead" with Reim, so I supposed there's little hope for Elliot's reviving...I don't know whether he died or not, but that chapter was beautiful. (Thanks, Black Abyss.)

Yeah, and I was wondering too about how things were going to be between Gil and Vincent now that Gil has been told about Vincent's possible loyalties. Though, what would be in it for Vincent if he was siding with the Baskervilles?

So, there won't be a full tragedy, because there are still sealing stones unbroken, right? Do we know where those other ones are?

(I wonder how many people are gonna vote that they "hated" the chapter, because Elliots dies. I think there are some really hardcore Elliot fans out there who are going to be hating Jun now.)

So nothing new next month. T_T Oh well, I understand. Japan has it's own cataclysm to repair itself from.

(I've been wondering whether anime/manga will change in the coming months because of the disasters. I wonder if they will avoid writing about disasters, cataclysms, and widespread death for a while, because it's "too close to home" at the moment.)
IceAndCreamMar 20, 2011 8:27 AM
Mar 20, 2011 8:46 AM
Aug 2009
I was pretty surprised when this chapter featured the ground shaking. The previous Sealing Stones created earthquakes when they were destroyed, but I thought that GFantasy would censor it this time out of sensitivity. I guess not.
Mar 20, 2011 8:53 AM

Sep 2010
Just read it!! Elliot does die. I was really hoping that he wouldn't die. Now I wonder who will be the head of the Nightray house.
Always Smile. Stay Classy.
Mar 20, 2011 9:14 AM

Oct 2008
adamantine said:

^haha, so epic.

I'm still hoping that Elliot is alive. :'<
Mar 20, 2011 10:27 AM

Jan 2009
Okay. Well... Sucks to be him, I guess?
Still found it a bit ironic that he would sacrifice himself despite hating self-sacrifice so much. ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Mar 20, 2011 11:32 AM
Mar 2011
@ Tixi: I thought so... i.e, about Leo and Eliot's sad conversation, but, I'm pretty sure it won't happen.
As I got it, Eliot's unseen self sacrifice/death by Leo will probably be the thing that will lead him to give up and accept Glen's soul.

@ Good-Time: Actually I was thinking about that last night... if Eliot had stayed alive, the weigh of his actions would have been just too much for him anyway. The best thing was death, indeed. And the way he died gave him the honor he never lacked of.

@ GracefulDownfall: Lol I don't hate Vince! Really! I used to, but that stupid asshole knows hot to get into your skin.
I don't think he offered to kill Eliot out of compasion, tho. After all Vince sweared he'd kill HeadHunter for almost killing Gil and... Vince never knew Eliot DIDN'T try to kill Gil.
And-and I was also so sad when Gil left him to go for Oz. The face Vince made was so... wahhhh T.T Poor *sobs* ;^;

@ IceAndCream:

[fake quote] (I wonder how many people are gonna vote that they "hated" the chapter, because Elliots dies. I think there are some really hardcore Elliot fans out there who are going to be hating Jun now.) [/fake quote]

Actually I voted "I hated it." And it's true this chapter taught me how cruel and sadistic could Jun-sama be (I mean, making Eliot die the way he hated the most...)
BUT I would NEVER hate Jun-sama. I just... can't. Eliot wasn't my fave (Leo is), but I loved him too much, but still, I can't hate my most favorite mangaka.

And about earthquakes... I don't thing animes/mangas will change bc of it. Japan is a strong country, tho I'm sure they must feel terrible while drawing those scenes...
AzeherMar 20, 2011 11:38 AM
Mar 20, 2011 12:41 PM

Sep 2009
Elliot's death has great personal meaning for me, so I really hope he stays dead. This was the perfect way and perfect time for him to die, and I'm glad it was honorable suicide. I love Elliot, and I relate a lot to Leo during all this. To try so hard to keep someone alive past his time and then to watch the magic unravel is a horrible thing to experience... knowing it's all your fault.

I think Leo will be claimed by the Baskervilles shortly. It's not like Leo has any home to go back to with Elliot gone. "Next month Pandora Hearts will have another colour page and the Gfantasy cover." (according to Livejournal) Seems to me that next chapter will be very important. I'm expecting Leo to be possessed by Glen next chapter (triggered by Elliot's death) and for the Baskervilles to recognize him.

Looks like Vincent is beyond redemption. Even after seeing Jack, he chose to side with the Baskervilles. I hoped for more of an internal dissonance from him since he loves Jack, but maybe that's yet to come. Although, he's doing all this for Gil, and he loves Gil even more than Jack.

I'm also interested in Oz's reactions to the dead bodies and him saying it was the same as before, then flashing to Alice. This seems to hint at the idea that Jack might've gone on his own killing spree during Sablier massacre, and might even hint that he killed Alice. I don't think Jack killed Alice, but I still treat this as potential evidence and file it along with the evidence for Vincent or Gilbert killing Alice.
Neiru2013Mar 20, 2011 2:08 PM
Mar 20, 2011 1:20 PM

Apr 2009
Neiru2012 said:
It also looks like Vincent is past redemption. Even after seeing Jack, he still sides with the Baskervilles.

I think there is a pretty good reason for that though..

Azeher said:
@ GracefulDownfall: Lol I don't hate Vince! Really! I used to, but that stupid asshole knows hot to get into your skin.
I don't think he offered to kill Eliot out of compasion, tho. After all Vince sweared he'd kill HeadHunter for almost killing Gil and... Vince never knew Eliot DIDN'T try to kill Gil.
And-and I was also so sad when Gil left him to go for Oz. The face Vince made was so... wahhhh T.T Poor *sobs* ;^;

Yay, a non-hater! *0*
That's true.. Though he said he was surprised when he found out that Elliot was the contractor which means that he never thought of that possibility meaning that he sort of trusted Elliot. oo Hm, also, Elliot committed suicide so that "his death wouldn't burden Oz or Vincent". Wonder what Vincent thought of that. I know that most people really don't care about him but I think that what both, Ada and Elliot, said in the past few chapters might influence him later on..
I know! Poor Vince T-T

I'd really like to see Gilbert and Vincent talk about this everything, and I think they will since it's much needed for further character development.
deadoptimist said:
Mar 20, 2011 1:30 PM

Aug 2010
ELLIOT!!!
somehow i hope he doesn't die. (like liam)
Mar 20, 2011 1:32 PM

Sep 2009
GracefulDownfall said:
Neiru2012 said:
It also looks like Vincent is past redemption. Even after seeing Jack, he still sides with the Baskervilles.

There probably is, but I don't think we know it yet. Something about Gil, of course, but I'm just not sure how working to help awaken Glen would help Gil.
Mar 20, 2011 1:40 PM

Sep 2009
Oosran said:
Still found it a bit ironic that he would sacrifice himself despite hating self-sacrifice so much. ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌
and that is why his death is so darn painful.

Loved how an entire page was dedicated to Elliot. Jun truly plays with severe emotions here.
Though i hate Elliot dying but i liked how events turned out with the Nightrays. As someone has already mentioned; it really would be hard to imagine Elliot being all normal after knowing what he did with his chain.
Guess, this is just the beginning of character deaths in PH...i don't even want to imagine who would die next *shivers* (break and Vincent being one of the candidates)
We still have to know so much about Gil and his connections with the tragedy of Sablier.
Are all versions of Humpty Dumpty this ugly? XD
Excellent chapter!
Mar 20, 2011 1:56 PM

Apr 2009
Neiru2012 said:
GracefulDownfall said:
Neiru2012 said:

There probably is, but I don't think we know it yet. Something about Gil, of course, but I'm just not sure how working to help awaken Glen would help Gil.

I really don't get that either.. :/

-

People, Elliot is dead. If he were to suddenly show up alive it would be sort of ridiculous. I would loved to see him live, but I'm afraid it's not possible.
Besides, his death was nothing like Liam's. With Liam it was just like BOOM-he's dead while there was just way too much foreshadowing when it came to Elliot.
*cough*
"Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall,
Humpty Dumpty had a great fall.
All the king's horses and all the king's men
Couldn't put Humpty together again."
Now look at the names of the latest chapters.

It was obvious for quite a while that he was gonna die. It's just that we:
a) Didn't pay too much attention
b) Didn't want to believe that.
deadoptimist said:
Mar 20, 2011 2:14 PM

Sep 2007
;_;

Elliot was my favorite character. Ever since he was introduced I was just like, "Screw everyone else! Elliot is the BEST!!!!!"

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh, I loved him more every time he showed up, and now he's probably dead. Sure his death scene was pretty moving and dramatic and all that and really showed some character and whatever, but I'm still sad. I'm not going to just hope he suddenly revives like Liam did since his death really showed all that emotion character plot etc blah blah, but that doesn't change the fact that I'm sad. I'm just gonna go mourn now.
Mar 20, 2011 2:40 PM
Aug 2010
This has just made me think about who could die next :(....*depression* I even went back and read the drunk chapter again to make me feel better xD I mean in a series like this, character death is inevitable really...but it still sucks...while being awesome and full of drama at the same time >.<

I hope Jun doesn't kill off anyone else for a while; I mean, Fang, almost Liam and now Eliot in the span of like 5 chapters?! I didn't really like Fang, but that's not the point xD I hope she's done enough murder for this arc ;)
Mar 20, 2011 3:27 PM

Sep 2009
Jun doesn't kill off anyone without good reason.
Mar 20, 2011 4:08 PM

Jun 2010
D8 I was really starting to love Elliot...

So, I've been thinking about it, and DAMN there's a lot of stuff we still don't know. Like who was involved in the Tragedy of Sablier and why, about Lacie and Glen, if (and how) Alice and Oz are going to be able to get out of being contracted, who killed Alice, if Oz is really Oz (was he actually switched as a baby? If so... I don't know what I'm going to do, because if Oz isn't really Oz, then who is he?), the complete past and stuff about Jack, and so many other things that I can't even remember. o.O Just thinking about it gives me a headache. But I guess this is one of the reasons why I love Pandora Hearts.

Anyway, back to the chapter. I wonder what's going to happen to Leo now? I feel so bad for him. ;_; And I'm also awaiting the talk between Gil and Vincent... I really hope Break's not dead, too. Not yet, at least! D8

Overall, great chapter, and as always, I wish there were more pages. -_-; Cant' wait til next month. <3
Can we break free from chains of never-ending agony?
Mar 20, 2011 6:48 PM

Nov 2009
GracefulDownfall said:
But why'd she have to kill him TAT damn it, I really liked Elliot... I was hoping he'd survive somehow.. and it was so sad too T__T If she needed someone to die she could have killed someone else, why him? >>

Because you actually CARE about Elliot, thus it leaves an impact. It's not just like "oh some side character died, that's sad hmmm oh well :c" In fact what's the point in killing off a character in a situation as dramatic as this if no one really cares about them to begin with? (unless they're like a villain or something).... anyways my point is that because people actually LIKE/LOVE Elliot his death will leave a bigger impression than some random person. It has more meaning behind it. Of course it's sad, I personally cried a bit when it happened ;-; And I don't have much hope that he's still alive after all that build up, but then again this IS Pandora Hearts where everything is a mindfuck and you never know what's going to happen so who knows.

GracefulDownfall said:
Okay, sorry for commenting about something other than Elliot's death but... Break told Gil..fffffffff.. Everyone knew that that's what he wanted to tell him like 3 chapters ago but still.. I got that "ohcrapcrapcrap" feeling in my stomach when Gil stopped Vincent. Poor Vincent T-T ...I know that Elliot just died but I had to let this out somewhere.

Meh I don't feel one bit sorry for Vincent, if Gil comes to blows with him it's what he deserves for siding with the Baskervilles. And I'm glad Break finally got the chance to tell Gil, Gil deserved to know just what a creeper his brother was e__e Sorry I know you're a fan of Vincent, and it's obvious I don't like him at all, but it's the truth XD;;
SapphireStar26Mar 20, 2011 6:57 PM
Mar 20, 2011 7:29 PM

Apr 2009
Wow. I really hope Elliot is dead. His death has so much meaning and can be a catalyst to a ton of things. It also has a lot of impact on the readers; up to three or so chapters ago, we still thought Elliot was the reincarnation of Glen, aka safe. Even in the plot, Elliot staying alive would mean heaps of drama and a clusterf*ck of psychological issues that IMHO could be difficult to solve even for Mochizuki Jun. So, Elliot should stay dead. Reviving him would just cheapen the entire arc and PH as a whole. ;_;
I was always lukewarm about Elliot, but his death actually made me like him more... That guy really had the willpower and balls of steel. Respect.

On the other hand, damn, I hate Vincent. He sees Jack and it takes him what, half a minute to recover and choose Baskervilles? Now that Gil knows (and has recovered some points of badass in last chapters), I hope he does something about his little brother because honestly, what he is doing right now is beyond forgiveness.

As for Oz... Uhm... I hope he doesn't realize right away that he half-killed Elliot. Let that skeleton out of the closet later. Right now he has his (Jack's?) bloodlust to process, and his seal most likely advanced. It should be around 8 o'clock now, I think...

Am I the only one who absolutely hated how useless Alice has become? When the Baskervilles came running, I thought she was going to do something. She looked quite peeved at that one panel. But nooo, Oz had to save her. And when he passed out, I thought Alice might take the power of B-Rabbit herself and help Gil protect him and herself or whatever. But nooo, she was only trying to bring Oz round. What. T__T
Mar 20, 2011 8:48 PM

Sep 2008
Whoa, totally didn't see that coming.
The fist bumping panel was pretty awesome though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 20, 2011 9:13 PM

Feb 2011
I really feel sorry for Elliot. He knew that he couldn't be saved. He chose to kill himself so that he wouldn't be a burden to Oz, his FRIEND.
And he's not doing it just for Oz, he's doing it for himself. His mistakes, his suffering, his sins, he wanted to take care of them by himself. That's his PRIDE as Elliot Nightray. On top of that, he's smiling! He must be satisfied for his own choice. The memories he had with Oz saved him from despair... :'(
So...I vote 5/5 for the great story and development. Sad, but heartwarming. :)
Mar 20, 2011 10:36 PM

Dec 2007
RedQueenifcation said:
Just read it!! Elliot does die. I was really hoping that he wouldn't die. Now I wonder who will be the head of the Nightray house.

Gilbert is the successor to the Nightray house. He's the one who contracted with Raven.

GFX made by >Valon< of Janime Community Forums
Mar 21, 2011 3:03 AM
Mar 2011
Like someone said: Eliot's dead...

I don't think there's any way to bring him back, and for the ones who said he's probably into the Abyss... eh... no.
He DIED, he wasn't send to the Abyss. His needled reached it's highest point, tho (as Vince said), but he prefered to die instead being dragged by Abyss.

Ah, but I'm sure he'll appear again! (not alive, of course) Jun-sama loves fluffy moments, especially the ones that come during a sad time, SO I'm sure he'll have great significance during the time when Oz and a possed Leo are fighting.

@GracefulDownfall: Yes, I'm sure both Ada and Eliot have left a big mark on him.

I always thought Jack had killed Alice. Really. Why?
Well, first bc it was so much obvious Vince did it, that it was even more obvious he didn't do it.
Then we had Gil as a candidate, but (as he's my fave together with Leo) I didn't want to believe so. So I looked for some else who could possible be there... Jack.
Besides when we all started throwing theories about HH's true identity and then all evidence pointed to Leo, but THEN it resulted it was the least suspectable one: Eliot! I said to myself: Ok, so Jack killed Alice.

Though... if you read well, Alice didn't say Jack, she said "Oz", what made me think, it's not like as Jack killed her, Oz remembers it, but that Oz himself killed her. He was at Sablier!

That can make some sense, bc we don't even know who Oz is. Whether he's the actual Oz or some child Zai found to make a kind of experiment.

Whatever, I not sure of anything except, everyone will die.
I've always known this ever since I read Crimson Shell...

I was hoping this time Jun-sama were so much in love with the character not to be able to kill them, but I was wrong...
AzeherMar 21, 2011 3:10 AM
Mar 21, 2011 3:31 AM

Jul 2010
Teeheeee.. Elliot died. How glad I am. Now everyone will have to find a new favourite character. I so love it when mangaka are so great that they aren't afraid to KILL! Long live Pandora Hearts!

I loved the chapter. I was happy with the pages, with the arrangement, with the story. I am happy after having read it. The death of the E. Nighray is what knots even more the rope. Now, we need to see what is actually going to happen once Humpty has been defeated. We need another great villain, but I am 100% Vincent won't be it. I think Vincent is a typical freudian exmaple : as a child he had it rough, he had to take care of a brother who was attatched not to him, but to his master, a brother who instead of being happy and cheerful, had to definitely go through severe depression for Oz's supposed death. I feel for Vincent, for he had to turn into the villain since he's a strong person who can overpower his self and become something for all to hate, so that we won't be wondering what the hell is going on inside of Oz's head.

Imagine now, because of Oz the seal has been broken, Alice almost got killed, Elliot is killed and who knows what else will be happening. Who's the real villain?

BREAK! :P Anyways, I am happy because I won't have to wonder if what I am seeing is Elliot, Break, Vincent or Oz anymore (although Vincy isn't that same...).

Mar 21, 2011 4:37 AM
Apr 2009
Elliot's one of my favorite characters and every chapter I love him more and more. He's such a tragic character and his death just makes it more tragic. I'm sad that he died but at the same time I'm so proud of him for dying so honorably.
Mar 21, 2011 7:37 AM

Jun 2009
What on earth?! What happen? No Elliot!!!!!!!!!!! Damn, one of my fave chars just go and get himself killed! Waaahhh! >.<

I'm going to read it again so I can digest the harsh truth finally... gosh, how sad, yet so beautifully portrayed... *sniff sniff* The pace of the story was superb.. it depicts the conflict within Elliot and then realizing the only way to redeem himself is through death... *sobs* 5/5 not because of Elliot's death but how the art and story moved me so emotionally... I don't want Elliot to die! Please don't let him be dead! O.o Argh! Next chapter! Gahh! Too long! >.<

Even though Elliot hated self-sacrifice, ironically he did the opposite.. he sacrificed himself for the sake of others so that Oz wouldn't be burden that he killed Elliot, his friend.. If I was Jun-sama, I can't think of any fitting way to kill off a character such that of Elliot.. Gahh, why are so good, Jun-sama?!
Mar 21, 2011 7:59 AM

Apr 2009
Marmalade said:
I really hope Break's not dead, too. Not yet, at least! D8

Um, I'm pretty sure he's not dead...oo

SapphireStar26 said:
Meh I don't feel one bit sorry for Vincent, if Gil comes to blows with him it's what he deserves for siding with the Baskervilles. And I'm glad Break finally got the chance to tell Gil, Gil deserved to know just what a creeper his brother was e__e Sorry I know you're a fan of Vincent, and it's obvious I don't like him at all, but it's the truth XD;;

It's okay lol, I'm perfectly aware of the fact that most Pandora Hearts fans hate him xD
My point is that there must be a reason why he's siding with them. From all we know now I really don't see how could that benefit him or Gilbert and it's pretty obvious that he wouldn't do anything much to help others so idk. There must be a good explanation (ar at least good in Vincent's head and that would be enough to satisfy me in particular lol) so I really hope they have a talk. If they don't I'll be really pissed at Gilbert. I'd also be kinda annoyed with Vincent if he somehow avoids explanations again. >>

Dhuaine said:
Am I the only one who absolutely hated how useless Alice has become?

Um, I'm pretty sure you're not the only one but now Oz is the more useful one and I really don't mind that.

Azeher said:
@GracefulDownfall: Yes, I'm sure both Ada and Eliot have left a big mark on him.

I love you for reading my comments xD

Azeher said:
I always thought Jack had killed Alice. Really. Why?
Well, first bc it was so much obvious Vince did it, that it was even more obvious he didn't do it.

*nods* I thought that was weird too. I mean, since the very beginning it was so obvious, and then, Vincent said something like "This can't be. You are supposed to be dead, I saw you.." he never said he killed her. Then again, people tend to not believe the most obvious solution while sometimes it is the correct one (lol, has anyone seen Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei? XD) In spite of that, it isn't like Jun-sama to make things that simple.. Okay, this is getting more and more confusing...

Azeher said:
Though... if you read well, Alice didn't say Jack, she said "Oz", what made me think, it's not like as Jack killed her, Oz remembers it, but that Oz himself killed her. He was at Sablier!

That can make some sense, bc we don't even know who Oz is. Whether he's the actual Oz or some child Zai found to make a kind of experiment.

...and this is where everything gets too complicated for me and I just can't accept that idea. Idk, it really didn't seem like Oz was in Sablier, but there was that thing with him "might not being Oz Vesallius"... Idk, I can't think of this yet xD

Azeher said:
Whatever, I not sure of anything except, everyone will die.

Oh my god.... This. At first I was just like "Nuuu, Vincent's gonna die for sure T__T" from the very beginning. Then I thought about it and... everyone is gonna die Oo Okay, maybe a few of them will survive but I don't know who anymore...oo

JustMyself said:
We need another great villain, but I am 100% Vincent won't be it. I think Vincent is a typical freudian exmaple : as a child he had it rough, he had to take care of a brother who was attatched not to him, but to his master, a brother who instead of being happy and cheerful, had to definitely go through severe depression for Oz's supposed death. I feel for Vincent, for he had to turn into the villain since he's a strong person who can overpower his self and become something for all to hate, so that we won't be wondering what the hell is going on inside of Oz's head.

Imagine now, because of Oz the seal has been broken, Alice almost got killed, Elliot is killed and who knows what else will be happening. Who's the real villain?

BREAK! :P Anyways, I am happy because I won't have to wonder if what I am seeing is Elliot, Break, Vincent or Oz anymore (although Vincy isn't that same...).

*gasp*
Oh my god... I love you for this. I seriously love you.
I've been dying to write a comment like this but didn't because I've been standing up from Vincent in practically every post I've made so far so I decided to not say anything for now. Then you posted this. Thank you.
Exactly what you said.
I'm pretty sure Vincent's not the villain here. I do hope that he won't die before we 'find out' though...

JustMyself said:
Teeheeee.. Elliot died. How glad I am. Now everyone will have to find a new favourite character. I so love it when mangaka are so great that they aren't afraid to KILL! Long live Pandora Hearts!

I'm not happy, but after going through the first nooooo reaction, I realized that:
1.) It had to be that way
2.) His death just made Pandora Hearts all the more amazing
I mean, seriously, most authors are too afraid of losing fans so they don't kill off any of the loved characters. My respect for her really grew after this.
deadoptimist said:
Mar 21, 2011 11:34 AM

Sep 2009
I've been looking to Crimson Shell as a potential indicator of the tone and death toll of PH ending too, and I see no evidence there that everyone will die. There's a decent death toll in Crimson Shell, but nothing shocking or staggering... mainly the 2 Black Roses and Xeno. So I don't think PH will have any more deaths than necessary for the plot.
Mar 21, 2011 11:56 AM
Aug 2009
Vincent is what I would consider to be Chaotic Good. He has good intentions (he wants whatever is best for Gil, even though he's cooperating with the Baskervilles for unspecified reasons), but he has a psychopathic personality.

The opposite would be Fang. He's a Lawful Evil. He was one of the bad guys, but he was a fair fighter and he sacrificed himself to save Lily.

And about the death toll, Pandora Hearts is a series, while Crimson Shell was just a oneshot. I do think that Pandora Hearts will have a larger death toll (Break is guaranteed to die in the near future, and I can't see Oscar living to the end of the series either). The best part about Jun is that she is not afraid to go for the kill (literally) by killing off fan-favorite characters. Fang was much more popular than Doug, and Eliot was waaay more popular than most of the other characters.
Mar 21, 2011 12:06 PM

Sep 2009
Break still has a very large role to play in the plot so I don't see him dying in the "near future." Currently he's the only person who can kill Baskervilles and he also has to fulfill Alyss' wish before he dies. Alyss' wish is to understand her connection to the Tragedy of Sablier, and I don't think that'll be revealed until the very end. Hence, I doubt Break can die until the very end. He still has 2+ years of chapters to go.
Mar 21, 2011 1:33 PM

Apr 2009
I don't think that Break will die soon either... He's still too important.

Neiru2012 said:
Alyss' wish is to understand her connection to the Tragedy of Sablier.

That was her wish? oo
Lol, thanks, I obviously missed that part. And I've been wondering about her wish for ages. Fail.
deadoptimist said:
Mar 21, 2011 3:50 PM

Sep 2009
GracefulDownfall said:
That was her wish? oo
Lol, thanks, I obviously missed that part. And I've been wondering about her wish for ages. Fail.

Yep, Break explains it here, and really, while he doesn't reference Alyss specifically, why else would he care about Alyss' connection to the tragedy? He's not simply curious about what happened 100 years ago, but her connection to it in particular, and I think makes sense that Alyss would want to know that.
Mar 21, 2011 5:15 PM

Dec 2009
I always thought Jack killed Alice too, but because i thought he wanted to protect her of being used by Glen, even though killing one to save it's life is pretty much ironic.

I don't think Elliot's really dead, he can go to the abyss and make a contract with another chain, i don't know. Would be awesome if he contracts with Alyss. C':

Amazing chapter, the ending was so sad ;_;
LiinahMar 21, 2011 5:25 PM
Mar 21, 2011 6:32 PM
Aug 2009
Neiru2012 said:
Break still has a very large role to play in the plot so I don't see him dying in the "near future." Currently he's the only person who can kill Baskervilles and he also has to fulfill Alyss' wish before he dies. Alyss' wish is to understand her connection to the Tragedy of Sablier, and I don't think that'll be revealed until the very end. Hence, I doubt Break can die until the very end. He still has 2+ years of chapters to go.

I say "near future" because Pandora Hearts doesn`t have much longer to go. Mochizuki said 20 volumes, and this is the second chapter in Volume 15. That`s 20 more chapters, or about a year and a half left.
Mar 21, 2011 6:37 PM

Sep 2009
She cited 20 volumes, but that she might go over. I can't see her destroying 2 sealing stones AND have the series climax in 5 volumes without horribly rushing things. That's why I project around 2-3 years' worth of chapters left. I could be wrong.
Mar 21, 2011 7:39 PM

Jun 2008
If Elliot is really dead, then please.....STAY DEAD!!!

I don't mean this in a cynical way, it just ANNOYS me to see "dead" characters come back to life....it's the ultimate Deux Ex Machina.

I gotta say, this was the first chapter in a long time that I actually enjoyed, I'm still wondering how much is left.
Mar 21, 2011 8:41 PM
Mar 2011
i don't think Mochizuki-sama is going to do another fake-out. And, to be quite honest, I think it would be a huge rip off for him to somehow come back to life. That would totally defeat everything that his death stood for.

Also; am I the only one to notice how significant the whole thing about rejecting your chain seemed? This may just be me, but i don't think we've seen the end of it for that. I'm going to predict that that'll come back someday either between Oz and Alice or Gil and Raven. Why, I have no idea. It just seemed too....big, to leave alone
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Is this better than Vanitas no Carte?

AjiX101 - Feb 17, 2022

10 by 234Mannan »»
Mar 6, 4:25 AM

Poll: » Pandora Hearts Chapter 51 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Cho_Desu - Jul 18, 2010

59 by de9 »»
Jan 17, 5:12 PM

Poll: » Pandora Hearts Chapter 49 Discussion

meeooowwwww - May 19, 2010

43 by de9 »»
Jan 17, 4:38 PM

Poll: » Pandora Hearts Chapter 23 Discussion

Shouichirou - Jun 13, 2009

13 by de9 »»
Jan 14, 9:46 AM

Poll: » Pandora Hearts Chapter 34 Discussion

HawthorneKitty - Jul 10, 2009

38 by hidarslan »»
Dec 24, 2023 7:46 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.