Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 11, 2011 10:43 PM

Feb 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I wish they'd slow down a bit, they're skipping over way too much, it makes her comeback seem downright easy :/
there's so much character development being left out, especially for the two new characters, they might as well not even be there :(
and all of the impact of the plays is being lost as well when they just slam them together like this.
May 13, 2011 1:40 PM

Sep 2008
Have to agree with jacobpaige - I'd like to see these two new characters get a little bit more development, if they're important! If they're involved in Maya's comeback, they must have some significance, I would hope...

It's going quickly, but I still thought it was a great episode. :]
Sep 29, 2011 4:50 PM
Sep 2011
didn't read the manga so i don't know anything about pace differences but let me sum things up: because the Tsukikage teacher woman wanted to learn maya how to act in her stupid artistic '70 play, she forced her to go to hayami which resulted in multiple kidnappings, of which most by hayami himself, hayami (indirectly) killing mayu's mother, getting posioned, faceplanted with a bucked of water, they ship her first love to america. now you might think what makes up for all that.

the thing is: after eating mud she forgave everyone up to smiling at his mothers killer and coming back to her teacher(mentally raped by life) for help and they answer "your a bother go gather rep somewere else and come back when we can leech of your popularity again......." AND SHE'S TOTALY FINE WITH IT!!!?!

all because you can't be a good actor if you aren't raped by life so were doing this for her, anyway from episode 5 i thought Tsukikage's and mayu's characters were broken for what crazy teacher locks someone up to learn to act and worse how much of an idiot can you be to be fine with that...

why, WHY!, is there not a single anime/manga in the world where someone gives up INDEFINENTLY, i would have gladly watched 40 more episodes of mayu building a new life around the daycare center she fled to and worked making new friends living on in anonimity hiding from crazy actors and parent murderers

why not have a humanoid bird/worm/supersayian creature from the future of another dimension give her with forgive murder and social outcasting candy

or let her go back in time magical girl style with a battleaxe wand, maybe even going back to far in time back to the '40 where she becomes a general in the japane army by acting her part,
or waking up from a dream, realising she's the humanioud bird/worm/supersayan creature(male) named carrot fighting other yellow-haired vegtables

all these things made more sense then what i've just seen

yuck, ranting made me remember schooldays and negima, *barf* *barf*
(cleaning up)(5 minutes later)
yes the conclusion i can now make that this anime looking at a reasonable storyline
it bug me as much as random consensual rape with 1 guy and 35 girls who love him for that and only 1 whos smart enought to decapitate him knowing that you can hug a head you love without him trying to put it in all the time and cutting of 80% of the main cast

crap, should have cleaned after finishing writing about schooldays and negima now i have to clean again

and yes this is a rant and yes it is way to long and yes it contains random rant spoilers from other anime(but you dont want to see them anyhow) and yes it contains foul language

Critits: sue me
if you think im right: tell the world my opinion; we'll make a new bible
if you think im funny: laugh as hard as you can and show your friends
if you watched episode 31 you probaly don't think im right
thomiozoSep 29, 2011 4:54 PM
Aug 10, 2017 2:28 PM
Aug 2014
Really feels like they're dragging out this series now. This could have easily been an episode before she even met Tsukikage.

Not sure how performing in front of some high schoolers is supposed to improve your reputation after the "scandal" of being drugged and left on a beach and having some trouble focussing on acting after the death of her mother.
Dec 3, 2019 10:03 AM

Oct 2015
Maya is back to acting a brief absent period.

Loved her one woman show, brilliant as always, it just proves her spark is not gone. Her mimicking the train and bus was splendid, I wouldn't able to.

I'm glad she went to Tsukikage troupe, Daito entertainment wasn't for her.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Oct 5, 2022 10:16 AM

May 2009
At this point, only Ayumi is worth watching to be honest
Gaming channel just for fun: https://www.youtube.com/cataorshane

More topics from this board

Poll: » Glass Mask (2005) Episode 51 Discussion

jacobpaige - Mar 12, 2011

34 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 12, 8:33 AM

Poll: » Glass Mask (2005) Episode 49 Discussion

9 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 12, 7:27 AM

Poll: » Glass Mask (2005) Episode 45 Discussion

senerikfred - Dec 13, 2009

11 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 11, 7:32 PM

Poll: » Glass no Kamen (2005) Episode 47 Discussion

greentutu - Jun 29, 2013

7 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 11, 7:21 PM

Poll: » Glass Mask (2005) Episode 46 Discussion

5 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 11, 6:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.