Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
xxxHOLiC Omnibus
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 19, 2011 3:29 PM

Mar 2010
I think it was cool:D it was kinda wierd about the marriage things but it was interesting:D i am glad i watched this anime
Sep 17, 2011 12:40 AM

Sep 2010
Sucks that it's over now. I really liked the ED song.
Sep 27, 2011 3:57 PM

Oct 2010
It was a good ending and i like the mature Watanuki a lot more. Still pissed at clamp at what they did to Yuko.
bonifideSep 27, 2011 4:06 PM
Jan 16, 2012 4:24 AM
Dec 2009
sigh.. was expecting a more satisfying ending.. oh well.. going to read the manga now.. zz
tag©.androgynous
Jan 18, 2012 4:46 AM

Mar 2009
its all getting great until the end... when a *wild Wedding invitation Card* appeared....

ruined all the moment
Feb 21, 2012 11:42 AM

Feb 2011
I want more. absolutely.
Apr 22, 2012 4:58 PM

Sep 2011
Hmm.. I still don't understand why Watanuki can't leave the shop for a bit. I remember Yuko leaving multiple times. I was hoping that they'd also develop more on the return of "Yuko" or that other Fox Master. Eh..?

I thought this OVA didn't do as much justice as it could. I had many questions going through it. Plus, the source I watched it from had terrible subtitles. So I gained even more confusion. 0.o
"Cheer up, you’re never alone! There is probably at least 1 bug in your room."
May 21, 2012 2:07 PM

Aug 2010
Will it be too much to hope for another OVA after this?
Jun 23, 2012 6:17 AM

Oct 2009
Badass Watankuki and later an epic ending, that made my day.
I want more... I WANNA SEE YUUKO-SAN AGAIN!!!
Aug 24, 2012 3:16 PM

May 2010
OKay so what about the egg?
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Aug 27, 2012 9:46 PM

Mar 2012
Whatttttt, total lack of Zashiki warashi >.<
Was really hoping for a pairing by the end but meh >_> I can only hope for more
Oct 11, 2012 5:55 AM

Jul 2009
I love Watanuki and Doumeki's relationship now. It was funny to see how much it has progressed since the beginning of xxxHolic.
Oct 24, 2012 3:58 AM

May 2012
Still a nice episode not as epic as the previous episode that made a really big impact for me but this is more or less a recap with a nice ending, it still a quite open ending and still lots could happen so they could easily make some more ova's or a movie!

Either way lovely Anime Serie a Global score of the Anime would be a 7.4/10 for this ova 8/10 because the epic first episode!
Jan 27, 2013 7:40 PM

Dec 2012
Another end to a great series :'(

Would it be impossible for CLAMP to create another season?
「この世に偶然なんてない、あるのは必然だけ」
Mar 21, 2013 6:41 PM
Jan 2013
This was the best end for this series.. i love it!!... Watanuki is sooooo cooool, clam, smoking in kimono jeah! I was a little sad seeing flasback- energetic Watanuki, but everything was nice in this episode. Pls more!
May 12, 2013 4:37 PM
Aug 2012
that was gd i rlly want another full session
Aug 6, 2013 6:54 AM

Sep 2012
to people who say poor Watanuki hes all alone new, its hes own god dam foult, he shod hook up with Zashiki-warashi, she had crush on him for so long, its like Hinata & Naruto, hes fault if he dose not see whats front of him!!!!
Dec 5, 2013 2:59 AM
Jan 2011
GoGo_Dominatrix said:
I kinda figured that Doumeki and Kohane would end up together. That wasn't a surprise for me. What did surprise me was the nature of the relationship between Kohane and Doumeki! If I understood the conversation between Watanuki and Doumeki, the "unrequited nature" of the relationship means Kohane loves Watanuki, but Kohane and Doumeki are not really in love with each other. Was this marriage arranged just to produce offspring to look after Watanuki because he is bound to the shop?

I did enjoy watching the flashbacks. It made me realize just how sad I am that xxxHOLiC has come to an end. Wow! It's really over. I don't want to believe it. I'm still going to hope for another season and/or more OVAs.

And what about that damn egg??????

I think this is the truth...
Dec 5, 2013 3:31 AM
Jan 2011
MaxCrazy7 said:
Damn you CLAMP!!! Where did that come from?! Poor Watanuki he's all alone now.

He's not alone. This was a calculated move. Now the descendants of Doumeki will always be with him.

TQ
Feb 28, 2014 12:55 PM

Mar 2013
Wow, I absolutely loved seeing this new version of Watanuki as the shop's owner in Rou. I just wish that we could get a continuation where Yuuko comes back. Really any type of continuation with this new, badass Watanuki is awesome by me. I want to see his interactions with the other nonhumans now that he has changed and I want to see him taking care of some wishes.

I really like Kohane and thought she would be a great match for Watanuki, but his two most feasible love interests are: Zashiki- Warashi as they could just live happily ever after forever, and Yuuko if she were to return for the same reasons.
Apr 11, 2014 7:00 PM

Dec 2011
this ending is kinda depressing
watanuki alone forever T,T
May 20, 2014 11:56 PM
Apr 2012
well his time did "freeze" so he's gonna lose friends as long as they're human... but since doumeki and kohane are marrying so their children can watch over watanuki, he wont be alone .
Sep 24, 2014 7:17 AM
Sep 2013
miwami said:
It's actually impossible for Watanuki to be paired with anyone unless the other person would be ageless like him. And besides that, he can't even leave the shop.

Why can't he leave the shop though? Yuuko could leave and she was ageless too.
Is it because he's wanting for her return?

Oh was right: (from the wiki)

''It's later revealed in the Epilogue chapter that Watanuki's price was to stay in the shop and not leave until he finds a way to meet Yuko again.

In the xxxHOLiC continuity, at least a hundred years have gone by. Watanuki has finally been granted the ability to leave the store since he has found the remnants of a dream Yuuko left for the purpose of freeing him, however, he has decided to stay there for the sake of everyone who would come looking for help.''
Di-DorvalSep 24, 2014 7:23 AM
Dec 27, 2014 5:40 AM
Dec 2014
Di-Dorval said:
miwami said:
It's actually impossible for Watanuki to be paired with anyone unless the other person would be ageless like him. And besides that, he can't even leave the shop.

Why can't he leave the shop though? Yuuko could leave and she was ageless too.
Is it because he's wanting for her return?

Oh was right: (from the wiki)

''It's later revealed in the Epilogue chapter that Watanuki's price was to stay in the shop and not leave until he finds a way to meet Yuko again.

In the xxxHOLiC continuity, at least a hundred years have gone by. Watanuki has finally been granted the ability to leave the store since he has found the remnants of a dream Yuuko left for the purpose of freeing him, however, he has decided to stay there for the sake of everyone who would come looking for help.''

He can't leave the shop because of 2 reasons:

1. He chose to wait for Yuuko, but more importantly
2. that was the price he chose to pay to be freed from Fei Wong Reed's final curse that trapped him and Syaoran.

Try reading chapter 230 to 232 of the manga. :-)
Feb 21, 2015 6:30 AM

Mar 2014
LordJupiter said:
zansabarshadow said:

Agreed, take your yaoi parings and leave cuz it will never happen. clamp would never ruin xxxholic by doing that.

Apparently you don't know Clamp at all.

It's obvious that Doumeki is in love with Watanuki. Just like Kohane is in love with Watanuki more than Doumeki. The man she is marrying.

I don't know Clamp at all, but I do know Doumeki is not sexually attracted to Watanuki in the slightest. It's one thing for fangirls to want WatanukixDoumeki to happen, but using your logic you could argue that the pipe fox wants to get in Watanuki's pants too.... well he does, but you know what I mean.
Feb 27, 2015 3:26 AM

Jan 2014
Wow, really don't know what to think of this episode/ending. I was plain happy with the Kei ending, felt Shunmuki was somewhat needless, but now with this one I don't know. Animation took a quantum leap forward. Liked this one better than the first episode of Rou, simply because the first one felt a bit off. The first one was unusually grim, I mean xxxHolic always was, but always with a twist. The first episode of Rou was just grim without a twist. More importantly though, I felt more like a supernatural detective show, which xxxHolic never truly was. It would have been more fitting as an episode of UN-GO.

Back to the actual content, I did think Rou as a whole was amazing at conveying the point that and how Watanuki stood still in time as the world kept moving around him. It might be sad and all, but let's not forget that if there is one thing xxxHolic has emphasised from beginning to end, it is the responsability as well as the right, both taken to the extreme, to make your own choices, even if they lead to sadness. Watanuki chose to stand still. Similarly I feel that it was Watanuki himself that sunk the Himawari X Watanuki ship, because in the end the person that mattered most to him was Yuuko, and he chose her sake. Everything in the first episode of Rou, Doumeki's remarks, Kohane's remarks and the conversation over the phone between Doumeki and Himawari indicate some discomfort, if not resentment, by those actors over Watanuki's choice. They understand it, so they have moved on, but you can feel they would have wanted him to do so too.

So all in all, I have less trouble accepting Rou's ending than some others might have. That said, there are still two plot holes that I'd like to see filled:
    1. Who did Himawari marry, or rather, who was she able to marry (without killing him)?

2. Yuuko WAS able to leave the shop, so Watanuki's take-over is not completed in full. Is Watanuki just double doomed due to his ties to the Tsubasa universe (of which I watched naught), or is he truly still waiting for Yuuko or some action (from the other side) on her part?

Finally to drop a bombshell:

1.How did Watanuki get the pipe fox to that kawaii intermediate size?

2.How was Hiiragi Mana able to enter the shop, or rather with what did she pay?

3.Did anyone else notice that Kisaragi Saya sounds just like Yuuko-san?

4.Did anyone else notice that Kisaragi Saya has the EXACT SAME haircut as Himawari-chan?

5.Is this a new ship, and if not, WTF is it?

zeymort said:

I don't know Clamp at all, but I do know Doumeki is not sexually attracted to Watanuki in the slightest.

Might I add that the same goes for Kohane. The fact that she still cares more for Watanuki than for Doumeki, does not mean she care for them in the same way. Watanuki is her father really, and the one that set her free. That freedom allows her to marry Doumeki.

There exist different kinds of love. It's kind of like two lines running parallel to eachother. One of the lines can be longer, but they still won't ever intersect. I personally never understood why so few people (on this forum included) can understand this.
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Dec 8, 2015 10:43 AM

Sep 2014
So Kohane and Doumeki are getting married. I'm totally fine with that.
Dec 17, 2015 11:34 AM

Oct 2015
Laionidas said:
(...)

Finally to drop a bombshell:

(...)

Where is this scene from?
Aug 8, 2016 4:44 PM
May 2015
Lol that was nice I guess
Sep 20, 2016 3:16 PM

Jul 2012
Poor Watanuki. Everyone can move forward but him.
May 4, 2017 4:56 AM

Jun 2011
I.. I don't know what to think of this.. I love this series, but this is getting me really depressed! These 2 last episodes have been great but there were stuffs I don't know how I feel about it.. stuffs like Doumeki getting married to Kohane and Himawari married to some random dude we don't know about. (I actually read the wikia about it and Doumeki x Kohane is kinda acceptable, but still..)

I feel terrible for Watanuki.. this is depressing.. I wonder what happened to Yuuko and all that. Sigh, I guess there's still Zashiki Warashi to accompany Watanuki (though it's not happening yet based on what was stated on wikia).. Sigh.

I wasn't expecting to be depressed when I started the series.. The story was really good, somewhat dull at times but even though it's kinda episodic-ish most of the time, the story still managed to convey the passing of time pretty well, and we get to see the development over time as a result, which kept the series from feeling stagnant.

I hope there's a sequel or prequel to this show, would be nice to have the gap filled between the 10 years gap and what's going to happen from here on out.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Aug 3, 2017 6:34 AM

Oct 2015
This was the best xxxHolic I have watched and it made me wanted season 3 even more. They could have made season 3, by showing Watanuki granting wishes to various people.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Sep 6, 2017 12:47 PM
Oct 2013
I loved everything about this episode!
Apr 9, 2018 1:19 AM

Nov 2013
Great ending to XXXholic, bittersweet but the most realistic ending given the story. I do believe Yuuko and Watanuki will meet again one day .
Jun 26, 2019 3:10 PM

Jun 2016
TADAIMA WHAT?!?!?!?
Where is Yuuukooooo. As I haven't read the manga, she literally died and disappeared like that to me.....and knowing this hella sad ending, no clamp. I will not read the manga...

I saw There's a sequel to the manga....... xxxHolic Rei ....with Yuuko and Watanuki..... mmmh I might read after all

Edit: nevermind. It's all a big disappointment.
yukigreinJun 26, 2019 3:17 PM
Aug 21, 2019 7:21 AM

May 2017
I really like this anime, I hope they will continue this anime
Nov 5, 2019 1:40 PM
Aug 2017
anyone knows what the song in the ending of adayume was? i really liked it
Mar 22, 2020 9:31 AM

Jul 2008
I like the episode, but I don't like the show overall ending here. I feel like there is more, but from what I've been told about the manga it really doesn't get an ending.
May 15, 2020 11:52 PM
Jul 2015
Ah this episode got me in my feelings.
Jun 22, 2020 6:09 PM
Sep 2014
Hated it. the episode was great as an episode, terrible as an ending. poor doumeki, watanuki and kohane:( all my loved characters sacrifice themselves like that! I know this series message is about choices and how you can be content with what you choose in order to make your wish come true, but this way it's just too sad.
Oct 6, 2020 10:59 AM

Oct 2018
You know I wasn't surprised at the feelings Doumeki had for Watanuki but damn Doumeki marrying Kohane wow that was totally unexpected surprise for me...why are they marrying in the first place anyways it's not like Kohane have feelings for Doumeki. My man Watanuki get so much pressure from depression feels bad for him honest :(. I hope they will consider releasing another season or few OVAs.
May 19, 2022 4:38 PM
Oct 2014
It's 2022 and I'm still waiting for Yuuko.
Oct 25, 2022 2:00 PM

Jun 2015
What the heck! This episode didn't clarify anything. It just left me more confused and sad.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Status poll about XxxHOLiC: Rou Episode 1

KingSunWukong - Dec 15, 2023

0 by KingSunWukong »»
Dec 15, 2023 6:29 PM

Poll: » xxxHOLiC Rou Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

minimiau - May 9, 2010

100 by KingSunWukong »»
Nov 6, 2023 6:00 PM

» Did the Anime adapt all the manga?

MoonPhos - Aug 10, 2019

6 by MoonPhos »»
Aug 7, 2023 3:41 PM

» Watanuki in blood-c the last dark (2012) movie

14theparadox - Feb 11, 2018

1 by nahnah07 »»
May 19, 2019 5:10 AM

» Episode 2?

AkkarinKHR - Sep 6, 2010

6 by tsubasalover »»
Nov 21, 2011 6:20 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.