Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (15) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Mar 10, 2011 10:15 PM

Dec 2009
My reaction along the episode:

Amazing show. Can I rate it as 12/10? Noooooo??? Please MAL =/

And look that guys: Mami could get Homura twice with her... ribbon.
Homura has more power, but Mami's experience makes her smarter.

Edit: Now everything makes sense:
PauloDDDMar 10, 2011 10:22 PM
Mar 10, 2011 10:21 PM

Nov 2007
Oh, crap! I'm glad Mami died. She goes axe-crazy when she found out about the magical girl turn to witches thing.

AND HOMURA! At first, I though I was watching the wrong show or the wrong part of the show but... HOMURA..!

Mar 10, 2011 10:54 PM

Mar 2008
This episode featured Homura and at last I can see Homura's backstory~ Not only do I get to see my favorite character in action and her surprising personality transformation, but just 4 minutes into this episode and my mind was already blown. This is probably my favorite episode so far, and if the last episode can top this... Well it's already my favorite anime so I don't know... D:

Mar 10, 2011 10:56 PM

Aug 2009
Yumekichi11 said:
metamorphius said:
Still, I'm not very happy to see Endless Eight-esque loop
I don't understand why everyone is thinking this of being endless eight when clearly nothing repeats itself by much IMO.

I am aware of the fact this is not what Endless Eight was, that's why I wrote -esque. It reminded me of it, that's all. The reason I'm not really fond of it is because I had expected something like that to happen and I like being surprised.

Anyway, certain new questions are what bugs me now.
First, I absolutely can't wait for Madoka's wishes to be revealed, including that in the past timelines and the one she will make if/when she becomes MS in the current timeline. I wonder if they'll differ.
Second, I'm still waiting for an answer to what makes a girl a potentially powerful MS. Yes, our intergalactic salesman said he didn't know the exact reason himself IIRC, but he might have not told the whole truth.
And, damn, just who is the insanely powerful Walpurgisnacht?
Mar 10, 2011 11:00 PM
Mar 2011
BTW Homura-chan was sooo Cuuuute when shes a Kuudere and Meganekko ^w^ b

and we need to vote Homura-chan for Saimoe 2011 hehehe
Mar 10, 2011 11:11 PM

Jun 2008
WOW!!!!

JUST....WOW!!!!

How great is this show going to be, this is incredible, I don't think I have ever seen an anime where every single episode is so unpredictable, so well done.

This anime just entered my Top 10, it really is that great, this has been an incredible ride.

A++ Shaft, you guys deserve a fucking gold medal.
Mar 10, 2011 11:18 PM

Jan 2011
Homura- Kuudere
Mami- Yandere
Mami went insane and killing off Kyoko is awful.
Mar 10, 2011 11:48 PM
Mar 2011
then what will madoka wish ?or homura will always block that %#&^%%* incubatorr?
then..if madoka really wish (and turn into magical gurl),could it be? madoka wish bring the other (died) magical gurl fight together...or...any...?
ahahahhhahaahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah
Mar 10, 2011 11:54 PM

Aug 2009
-Instant awkward, just add braids and glasses!
-I kinda figured there was something irreparably broken in Homura after she broke down that one episode, and now we find out she's stuck in a time loop of her own doing. Currently the only ways out of it seems to be either getting strong enough to beat Walpurgis by herself (unlikely), breaking the magic girl/witch energy drain system (potentially dooming the universe to an entropic death), or finding some permanent fix to entropy problem (which at this point would be too much of an ass pull for me to really appreciate).
-My initial impression is that she steals her hardware from the police since that'd probably be easiest, except that means the police force in the city rolls with frag grenades and .50 cal Desert Eagles (assuming the .50 cal bullets were for that). o__O

And honestly at this point, I think a happy ending would count as getting trolled. It's weird, I really feel like my overall satisfaction with this series will decrease by a pretty decent amount if it doesn't follow through to an amazingly depressing finale.
LightningRamielMar 10, 2011 11:57 PM
Ha-cha!
Mar 10, 2011 11:57 PM

Jan 2009
Yumekichi11 said:
Oosran said:
Homura's cool and all, and Madoka when she actually becomes a mahou shoujo is also cool. But I really, really don't like Homura's motivation for giving her all to prevent Madoka from becoming one.
Would you not if it was the most dearest person to you dying unless something is done in the time paradox world?
Well, no.
What I would do however, if I had the power to travel back in time, is that I would have a great time.
Besides, there's no telling that my dear friend in this timeline will be exactly the same when branching out in a new timeline.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Mar 11, 2011 12:06 AM

Jan 2010
Wow... just wow!!! Madoka just stepped it up another notch!!! Great execution for a prequel episode and Im soooo glad it didnt drag it on I liked its fast pace~ Homuras past is deep man and I love her transformation~

Anyway Im now thinking that to defeat Walpurgis Night with Madoka surviving we'll need EVERYONE to be present to fight. When I say everyone I mean Madoka, Homura, Sayaka, Mami and Kyoko!!! From what I can perceive Madoka is as strong as Walpurgis cause in every timeline she ended up defeating it BUT she died in the end. Even with the assistance of Homura and Mami she still was the only one who stood a chance to defeat it on her own. BUT if Mami, Homura, Sayaka and Kyoko were all their to help her then they would all stand a better chance. In the second timeline where Mami, Homura and Madoka were fighting Walpurgis they were still not enough but maybe if you add Sayaka and Kyoko into the mix they could do it!!!

BUT for that to happen Madokas wish is gonna have to be significant~ Homuras wish wasnt "to go back in time" it was "to change her meeting with Kaname san" so in the end she got time manipulation powers~ Im thinking either Madoka has to somehow go back in time by wishing something like "I want to save everyone!" or "I want to go back and change things!" yada yada yada you get my point. But I dont think SHAFT is gonna do that cause Homuras already made a similar wish~ So how else can Madoka change things?

Another thing I also noticed is that in the preview for the next ep Madoka said “Didn’t you feel anything while protecting those girls? Didn’t you try to understand how hard it must have been for them?” and as we all know things said in the preview are lines said in the next episode. That means that Madoka must of somehow found out Homuras Timeline jumping and her past so I think that thats gonna effect this timelines out come. The next ep is called "the only remaining way" so one of them or even both of them together must of figured out something!

Anyway these are just all my ideas so I could be wrong (im most likely wrong lol) but anyway who doesn't wanna see those five team up and fight!!! The scene would be epic ;)
Mar 11, 2011 12:20 AM

Oct 2008
Awesome episode!

Lots of questions got answered
and
now I can confirm that Kyuubey needs to die.
Mar 11, 2011 12:26 AM

Nov 2007
Wow. Just wow. This episode was absolutely brilliant. Probably one of my favourite episodes of anime ever.
More Mami and Kyouko hell yeah <3 And Madoka was actually being awesome.
The theory that Mami's some sort of mechanical "magical girl recruiter" was pretty much denied by this ep.

I definitely agree with some people who said that Kyouko, Sayaka, Mami and Homura all need to be present so that the Walpurgis Night can be defeated without Madoka suffering.

Show ending with another loop that will be continued in season 2? We can hope.
This probably won't have a happy ending anyway.

Znips: When Shay is born she just crawls back in the womb to shitpost for another year
Mar 11, 2011 12:28 AM

Apr 2009
Now that I think about it, wasn't Mami a bit odd in this episode? I thought that she, of all people, would know about whole "magical girls -> witches" thing.
Or what? She's supposedly been going around hunting witches (and purifying her soul gem while at it) for a long time. And not even once she asked: "Hey, QB, actually, why do I have to purify my SG, and what happens if i don't?". And you know, fluffy bastard shown himself to be a honest pers... creature. Of sorts.
Mar 11, 2011 12:51 AM

Jun 2009
Wow.....great ep! And to think, my hopes for this series wasn't very high when I started. All I can say is wow and reflect on how wonder this was. And it was nice to see Kyoto again...love her.

One prediction I have (that I haven't heard yet) is that Makoda becomes a PM and then her and Homura team up and kill Kyuubey. Maybe her will is similar in wanting to save Homura (or all of them, i don't know) leading to a looping effect as well but Makoda realizes they Kyuubey has to die and set out to do it along side Homura.

Either way this ep was great and I have high hopes for the last 2 now.

SHAFT DON'T LET ME DOWN!!
Mar 11, 2011 1:03 AM

Aug 2010
this episode was E P I C

I wondered at first what happened, but I soon found out that my favorite theory (groundhog-day theory) came true. I liked this theory, so I'm delighted.

Poor Homura, having to go through all that. Seeing her friends and comrades die times and again, even having to 'put down' madoka, her BFF.

But she was soooooo moe in the beginning. Meganekko dojikko homura. Especially in Timeline 2, where she just got her powers and beats up the barrel with a golfbat. <3
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
Mar 11, 2011 1:06 AM

Oct 2010
Oosran said:
Yumekichi11 said:
Oosran said:
Homura's cool and all, and Madoka when she actually becomes a mahou shoujo is also cool. But I really, really don't like Homura's motivation for giving her all to prevent Madoka from becoming one.
Would you not if it was the most dearest person to you dying unless something is done in the time paradox world?
Well, no. What I would do however, if I had the power to travel back in time, is that I would have a great time. Besides, there's no telling that my dear friend in this timeline will be exactly the same when branching out in a new timeline.
Fair enough in regards to the butterfly effect where one of your changes in the past changes all in the future but having a good time may lead to hazardous events IMO. Like in this episode it lead to Mami going insane and Sayaka betrayed by Hitomi in a dance event with Kamijou like I mentioned in my first post.
metamorphius said:
Yumekichi11 said:
metamorphius said:
I don't understand why everyone is thinking this of being endless eight when clearly nothing repeats itself by much IMO.

I am aware of the fact this is not what Endless Eight was, that's why I wrote -esque. It reminded me of it, that's all. The reason I'm not really fond of it is because I had expected something like that to happen and I like being surprised.
IMO the surprise is that no expected to develop exactly like that although we all knew there may be a time paradox, none were too sure what came up in the end that this episode produced. I am still in disbelief that Madoka, being annoying, useless and a cry baby corrupted me emotionally to feel sadness for her in a "dagger planted in heart" way. A very deep sadness IMO when I use a expression like that. Truly a 180 degree turn for me towards Madoka. She also proved she can fight rather very well. In other news I wanted to post the art of this episode in the spoiler
while to everyone's delight, I found a #2 great GIF of Kyuubey being dead in the spoiler
and now fuck you Kyuubey and die for what you did to Madoka all these countless time lines, you piece of shit fur ball!

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Mar 11, 2011 1:07 AM

Sep 2010
One word - EPIC
~.^
Mar 11, 2011 1:14 AM

Nov 2007
Homura, who was physically weak, became a Mahou Shoujo and her wish impacted her looping life and personality... WOW!!!

This ep. was not so headaching anymore.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Mar 11, 2011 1:20 AM
May 2008
Sae said:
"Hey, QB, actually, why do I have to purify my SG, and what happens if i don't?".

"you'll lose your magic" would be the answer, and i think that would be pretty bad considering how happy she is with her magic
Mar 11, 2011 1:21 AM

Jun 2008
It's now come to the point where I think I'll need to re-watch this series when it finished. Not that that's a problem, seeing as this show is totally epic.

My only problem with this episode is that it felt way too fast. I didn't really get a chance to feel the relationship between Homura and Madoka and in the end Homura's motivation to do everything felt a bit forced. I wish they'd played that out more, and I think they could have if they'd just gone for 13 episodes.
FloreteMar 11, 2011 1:27 AM
Mar 11, 2011 1:36 AM

Jan 2011
Yumekichi11 said:
metamorphius said:

I'd say it's more Higurashi-esque than Endless Eight-esque.
Mar 11, 2011 1:51 AM

Dec 2009
It really felt like episode 0, especially because they did the opening at the end.
So everything is clear now and that leaves only 2 episodes left >.<

But damn it was great to see Mami again ! Good that she never found out about the witch thing in the current timeline... her pure heart couldn't take it :O

5/5
yuno6.jpg
Mar 11, 2011 2:05 AM

Feb 2010
Jesus fucking Christ that was breathtaking :O I literally watched most of that episode with my jaw dropped

That's it.... This is officially now the greatest anime ever made (and its not even finished yet)

Words cannot describe the awesome

If this isnt on the top list of mal in the next few months I think it should be put there, irrespectively of what the votes say

No other series has deserved a 10/10 so much
Mar 11, 2011 2:08 AM

Feb 2010
really an exceptional ep!! homura transforming from inocent to badass just amazing
Mar 11, 2011 2:19 AM

May 2008
God,that was epic...wait normal weapons has effects on witches....damn!! send in the army!!...well aside from that...It was truly amazing!! XD

Sae said:
Now that I think about it, wasn't Mami a bit odd in this episode? I thought that she, of all people, would know about whole "magical girls -> witches" thing.
Or what? She's supposedly been going around hunting witches (and purifying her soul gem while at it) for a long time. And not even once she asked: "Hey, QB, actually, why do I have to purify my SG, and what happens if i don't?". And you know, fluffy bastard shown himself to be a honest pers... creature. Of sorts.

Geik's right...kyuubei would just put it that way....and Why Mami? the moment she know the secret she snapped first because of her fate...and she'll transform into something horrible...remember that she wishes to be rescued from death...so fear of death lingers but unlike the witch hunt(where she thought, she could just fight and live until she died), death was inevitable

Sorry for the confusing answer XD

That was so epic!!

Mar 11, 2011 2:44 AM

Oct 2009
This ep kind of reminds me of Majora's Mask: whereby Homura must do all that she can in time for the final showdown with...that Walrus Witch, or however it's spelt haha.

But it really is like Majora's Mask yeah? In the first run-through Homura has no powers and she only gains the time travel ability right at the end, just like when Link gets the Ocarina of Time back. And subsequently playthroughs followed by a time reset is just Homura getting stronger.

I don't think Homura had any intention of saving any of Sayaka, Mami or Kyoko. Remember, she let Mami die before killing the witch that killed her (Mami); and I'm sure Homura could've also taken out Sayaka's Witch and saved Kyoko as well - but that would've stopped us from seeing her sincere face before she died, that was worth it. And finally, she wanted to kill Sayaka off before she became a witch, because she just simply couldn't convince her not to be an emo-bitch.

Homura must have some final plan where she can kill off that final witch all by herself. Hope ep 12 will give us that final showdown; though I anticipate she's going to go back in time...again. Either that or Madoka becomes a magical girl and this time round something happens that'll prevent Madoka from being a witch, like maybe she'll wish to not be a witch.
Mar 11, 2011 3:01 AM
Mar 2011
Dracos33 said:

But seriously, I've been thinking about who the Walpurgis night witch is and I think its Homura herself.Over and over again she has been going through the same time line to correct things, and she has been growing stronger in every way.

I was about to post this, but got ninja'd. Yes, this would be the logical conclusion. The evidence is there in plain sight (aka the best place to hide it) - Walpurgis has a cog/gear theme to her. Homura is the only one we know who has a clockwork device.

Going by general time-paradox knowledge, the simplest way would be to kill Homura. When you think about it, her being alive is EXACTLY is one thing constant in all timelines. And in all timelines her death is somehow prevented by Madoka: saved from the witch in 1, saved from batshit insane Mami, soul gem purified, Walpurgis 1HKO'd. This would also mean that her wish to save Madoka was the event that set up the entire loop in the first place.
Mar 11, 2011 3:01 AM

Nov 2008
-Vid said:
Great episode. :) It surprised me a lot, seeing Mami again, seeing Mami go nuts, seeing Homura go from .. hard to explain to badass. One thing bugs me though, she seems to have completely gotten rid of her physical weakness. Even if she time travels she shouldn't be cured of it. Well perhaps we just never saw her in enough action to notice her weakness.

All the Kyubey blowing up was great too. :P

ALSO! Another thing. If Madoka really is so great (and will thus release the most energy when she will turn into the strongest witch), why did Kyubey actually grant Homura's wish? He could've figured that she wll never successfully do it. In the worst case scenario, she could even completely kill Madoka before she became a Puella Magi, thus completely screwing Kyubey off. Unless each time Madoka turns into the greatest witch the energy is realeased and is not lost after every time leap.
Don't forget that Madoka died before becoming a witch in Homura's original timeline, so Kyubey had nothing to lose when he granted Homura's wish, as Madoka wasn't becoming a witch and giving Kyubey any more energy there anyway.

As for Homura's physical condition, I guess it is a result of being a mahou shoujo. I remember Kyoko saying to Sayaka that mahou shoujo are many times stronger than a normal human and are capable of permanently disabling a person with little effort. Homura is also visibly seen using magic to improve her eyesight in one scene, and she may have very well improved herself physically in that scene as well.
Current FAL Ranking + Previous best::
[
Mar 11, 2011 3:15 AM

May 2010
wow, that was something! ;D they died so many times, I hope Homura finally find a good ending ;]

in this episode, you will die horribly... *laughs just as shion*
lightness vs. darkness
Nani mo kamo wo hoshigatteita Mayoeru mono no chikai
Mada miru sekai o tsukuridasu koto Kuchi hateteiku
Mar 11, 2011 3:57 AM

Apr 2009
divineiniquity said:
Homura must have some final plan where she can kill off that final witch all by herself.

Stuff some anti-ship missiles up her sleeve? Now that would be a serious claim for the most unconventional mahou shoujo powerup ever.
Mar 11, 2011 4:01 AM

Sep 2010
a 10 is way too low for this show, can the rating system be edited?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 11, 2011 4:01 AM
May 2009
Remember that every wish in the end balances out, eventually Homura will turn into a witch and also maybe if Madoka never becomes a magical girl she never becomes good friends with her either
Mar 11, 2011 4:07 AM

Nov 2007
Oosran said:
But I really, really don't like Homura's motivation for giving her all to prevent Madoka from becoming one.

Oh, I loved it. Madoka was nice to her straight from the start, didn't make fun of her, gave her pep-talks, so Homura wishing to go back in time to save Madoka made sense to me. Along the line she promises Madoka to save her from making a contract, thus making it her responsibility.
Oosran said:
Other than that, this episode was kinda messed up. ED right after half the episode passed, and OP where the ED should've been. ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌
Well, guess that's understandable, since the whole episode revolved around messed up timelines.
That wasn't the ED, it was Mami's theme. And I loved how the OP took the place of the ED. When you read the lyrics, it fits perfectly. And I won't be surprised if they change the ED into OP next ep.
memeki said:
I might be remembering this wrong, though, but didn't Homura say she didn't expect Sayaka to become a magical girl?

She did. Sayaka only contracted 1 time it seems, and Homura hadn't counted on it to happen again, and Madoka nearly contracting because of that.
Dracos33 said:
But seriously, I've been thinking about who the Walpurgis night witch is and I think its Homura herself.Over and over again she has been going through the same time line to correct things, and she has been growing stronger in every way.
Yes, the gears sure hint at Homura being the witch.
But than there must be 2 timeloops: 1 where Homura turns into Walpurgis-witch everytime, and 1 being the one we've seen with Homura trying to protect Madoka.
Maybe Madoka contracted way back upon seeing Homura turn into W-witch, making a similar wish as Homura. But than her bow wouldn't make much sense.
And I wonder if Homura can become a witch before her wish has been fullfilled.
Genix said:
In my point of view, she never "resets" time, but merely creates alternate realities, that's to say, the events that happen in a one reality stay unchanged.
Than how come it looks like Madoka is starting to remember Homura?
Oosran said:
What I would do however, if I had the power to travel back in time, is that I would have a great time.
Besides, there's no telling that my dear friend in this timeline will be exactly the same when branching out in a new timeline.

Wow, I couldn't do that knowing the city will be destroyed in 2 weeks time and my friend is about to die, especially as that friend has been kind, caring and trusting in every timeline.
-Vid said:
One thing bugs me though, she seems to have completely gotten rid of her physical weakness.
She was completely out of breath after recovering Sayaka's soulgem.
-Vid said:
If Madoka really is so great (and will thus release the most energy when she will turn into the strongest witch), why did Kyubey actually grant Homura's wish?
I've been wondering about that too. But in this ep we'll see that Madoka doesn't turn into a witch in the initial timeline. So Homura doing a reset, means he'll get another shot as well.

@Yumekichi11:
1st timeline barrier of the witch was based on Guernica, a painting of Picasso, made after the Germans completely destroyed the Basque town with the same name.
The runes for the witches are translated, see at the Wiki
I've been thinking about the butterfly effect. I'm rewatching, but I think those drops we've seen falling in several episodes may be tied to that.

It's interesting that along the way, Homura is making matters worse.
Initial timeline: Mami & Madoka defeat witch and die
loop1: Mami dies, Madoka defeats witch and turns into a witch herself
loop2:Mami, Sayaka, Kyouko die, Homura & Madoka defeat witch, Homura ends up killing Madoka before she turns into a witch. (and gets traumatised so badly, she changes herself into the cold person we've seen).
loop3: She tries to do it herself, but Madoka contracts in the end, defeats the witch with 1 strike and instantly turns into a witch. QB comments she'll destroy the entire planet within a couple of days. "LOL, not my problem."
loop4: Madoka's potential seems even bigger than in loop3
Homura & Madoka are changing along with it, starting with saving a friend to saving the world by stopping Madoka from contracting.
The big difference is that this time Madoka knows the ins and outs before making a contract.

At first it was weird that Madoka-witch looked like a mountain, but it makes perfect sense:
Walpurgis night: "Walpurgis Night (in German folklore) the night of 30 April (May Day's eve), when witches meet on the Brocken mountain and hold revels with their gods...
Brocken is the highest of the Harz Mountains of north central Germany. It is noted for the phenomenon of the Brocken spectre and for witches' revels which reputedly took place there on Walpurgis night."
Now take a look at the Brocken spectre: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brocken_spectre
Mar 11, 2011 4:23 AM

Sep 2010
Entropy and now Time Manipulation...... :D
Mar 11, 2011 4:36 AM
Nov 2008
This series is going STRAIGHT up into 10/10 territories even though I didn't liked it as much at first.

Although the actual plot was rather predictable, what SHAFT has done with it was simply incredible, the way they showed these 5 timeloops in a single episode was simply brilliant, I'm looking at you, KyoAni. To show the opening at the end was also an extremely smart move. The animation was also much better this time. (probably because this time most of SHAFT's staff actually worked here)

Crazy visuals, crazy pacing, even though this is only one episode they packed so many high-tension moments in, simply incredible. Voice acting was SUPERB, incredible casting of SHAFT-veteran Chiwa Saito and Yuuki Aoi, really helped this shows' good atmosphere. This episode had many incredible cinematic scenes, which would make for good wallpapers.

5/5 episode, no, 10/10 episode, it doesn't get much better than that.
Mar 11, 2011 4:37 AM

Aug 2009
Oh Jesus.
That ending where Mami was trying to kill them all was way too shocking.
And now I feel so sorry for Homura. ;_______;
Mar 11, 2011 4:46 AM
Apr 2010
Wow, what an episode. Explains a lot.

And about the solution to the paradox. I came across a speculation:
The speculation is based on the following assumption of the world:
(1) For every mahou shoujo created, a witch will result in the end.
(2) The Walpurgisnacht is caused when a strong mahou shoujo turns into a witch
(3) The one who averts the Walpurgisnacht will be the strongest mahou shoujo but also in consequence turn into the strongest witch(no more grief seeds so the soul gem will expire) and destroy the world (because there arent any more mahou shoujo left).

The only solution to save the world is if Madoka wished something along the lines 'I want to be a mahou shoujo forever'. When homura (and possibly madoka) defeat the current Walpurgisnacht, there will be no more witches, so homura will have to turn into a witch eventually (the strongest no doubt, also this is inevetable because she has used up her wishes) . Madoka will then have the final battle with the witch that was once homura. With this the circle is closed, leaving only one mahou shoujo in the whole world and no more witches. And the world is not destroyed.

Seems harsh but its the only explanation that i found that works...
Mar 11, 2011 4:54 AM

Sep 2008
I don't have enough mind to blow for the next 2 episodes.
entauri.deviantart.com

Mar 11, 2011 4:55 AM

Feb 2008
Best episode so far. At first I thought it was something stupid like a dream or Homura's consciousness, but it went all crazy and completely changed the show. Wonder if the time loop will end this time or if we get BAD END.

Also, I am completely depressed now. Awesome.
Mar 11, 2011 5:15 AM

Feb 2011
This is was one of the best episodes I ever saw, I'm speechless

5/5
Mar 11, 2011 5:16 AM

Aug 2009
NotJackFrost said:
Dracos33 said:

I was about to post this, but got ninja'd. Yes, this would be the logical conclusion. The evidence is there in plain sight (aka the best place to hide it) - Walpurgis has a cog/gear theme to her. Homura is the only one we know who has a clockwork device.

Going by general time-paradox knowledge, the simplest way would be to kill Homura. When you think about it, her being alive is EXACTLY is one thing constant in all timelines. And in all timelines her death is somehow prevented by Madoka: saved from the witch in 1, saved from batshit insane Mami, soul gem purified, Walpurgis 1HKO'd. This would also mean that her wish to save Madoka was the event that set up the entire loop in the first place.

Well, her wish to save Madoka obviously is the reason for the entire loop.

At one point, I also pondered about the possibility of Homura being Walpurgisnacht, mainly because i am very curious about that witch's identity. However, after the episode 10, it's kinda tough to justify this theory for we saw that, in the first timeline (the one with moe Homura) Madoka became a witch after she fought Walpurgisnacht. And Homura was there, not even a MS yet, so how could she be her? Of course, in case they actually go with that scenario, they could always explain it with something like 'Homura's time traveling to the past messed up the entire space-time continuum'.
Hmmm, but your theory did make me remember another thing. Homura is from the future i.e. she doesn't belong to the current timeline. OK. But, where is the real Homura from the present then? So, who knows, you guys could be onto sth.
Well, I know I'm not making much sense, rebutting even myself xD but this anime's so prefect for speculah, though I'm probably way off.

Sae said:

While she did take me by surprise with certain actions, namely killing Kyoko, I don't think she knew about MS>witches thing in any of the timelines. In the episode 1, she thanks Madoka for saving QB calling him 'a precious friend of hers'. You clearly wouldn't say that about someone who tricked you into becoming a zombie destined to turn into a witch once your battery runs empty. IMO she was somewhat naive, believing in classic magical girls who save the day and are accompanied by a cute magical being serving as their advisor.

LightningRamiel said:

And honestly at this point, I think a happy ending would count as getting trolled. It's weird, I really feel like my overall satisfaction with this series will decrease by a pretty decent amount if it doesn't follow through to an amazingly depressing finale.

Oh, for some reason, I so agree with that.
metamorphiusMar 11, 2011 5:49 AM
Mar 11, 2011 5:31 AM

Feb 2010
Wow.. Homura has the weight of the world on her shoulders. Brilliant episode.
Mar 11, 2011 5:52 AM
Mar 2011
metamorphius said:
At one point, I also pondered about the possibility of Homura being Walpurgisnacht, mainly because i am very curious about that witch's identity. However, after the episode 10, it's kinda tough to justify this theory for we saw that, in the first timeline (the one with moe Homura) Madoka became a witch after she fought Walpurgisnacht. And Homura was there, not even a MS yet, so how could she be her? Of course, in case they actually go with that scenario, they could always explain it with something like 'Homura's time traveling to the past messed up the entire space-time continuum'.
Hmmm, but your theory did make me remember another thing. Homura is from the future i.e. she doesn't belong to the current timeline. OK. But, where is the real Homura from the present then? So, who knows, you guys could be onto sth.
Well, I know I'm not making much sense, rebutting even myself xD but this anime's so prefect for speculah, though I'm probably way off.

I have written a story long ago that dealt with a similar time loop where the protagonist must set things right in order to prevent a bad end, so my brain is full of theories how this might work:
1)Homura isn't physically travelling back in time, but resetting the universe to the beginning of the day when she first met Madoka.

2)A possibility is that her consciousness is transferred to the past!Homura and she's still physically in ending number 1. Since all girls had their wishes backfire, this could be Homura's.
Simply put, after she succeeds in saving Madoka, she returns to ending 1 where it all began, her Soul Gem becomes a GS, turning into Walpurgisnacht. Homura keeps her powers in witch form and, realising that this is all her fault, goes back in time to kill herself in the usual Delusioned Witch manner. Thus, the cycle is created.

3)Every time Homura goes back, the initial Homura is ejected to somewhere outside the timeline, where she contracts QB/something else and eventually turns into Walpurgis.

Owch. My brain.
Also,pardon if there will be a multitude of posts. Myinternet spiked when I tried posting this.
Mar 11, 2011 5:59 AM

Jun 2009
This episode was soo awesome!!! I'm glad that Mami died before finding out the truth. But it really makes me wonder how Homura alone is going to defeat Valpurgis Night. :/
Mar 11, 2011 6:04 AM

Apr 2009
HOLY SHEEEET~

Homura changed so much, through all the time looping.

And now, all those people who were hating Madoka for not being a Mahou Shoujo by now, they now know the reason why. :/

It was epic.
Mar 11, 2011 6:34 AM

Sep 2010
jabbany said:
The only solution to save the world is if Madoka wished something along the lines 'I want to be a mahou shoujo forever'. When homura (and possibly madoka) defeat the current Walpurgisnacht, there will be no more witches, so homura will have to turn into a witch eventually (the strongest no doubt, also this is inevetable because she has used up her wishes) . Madoka will then have the final battle with the witch that was once homura. With this the circle is closed, leaving only one mahou shoujo in the whole world and no more witches. And the world is not destroyed.

Seems harsh but its the only explanation that i found that works...

Then she should just say: 'I wish no more witches can be created and no more Puella Magi's shall turn into witches ever again.' Save Madoka AND Homura. ;D

Btw, I'm extremely slow, but if you think about it, Soul Gems turning into Grief Seeds was made so obvious we didn't see it(well, some of us):
SG -> GS ;D

Oh, and by the way, I might be wrong, but doesn't Walpurgis from timeline 1 look different from the one in.. 3 or 4? Her dress looks way longer in the 3rd/4rth(Shall try to make this into pictures and edit them in..)
Proud mama and papa of Misha Yuuki* (02-01-2014 - 22-01-2014)
Thank you for the wonderful twenty days you gave us. <3
One day we will meet again..
Mar 11, 2011 6:48 AM

Jun 2009
So basically, Homura is a badass time stopping mahou shoujo version of Rika from Higurashi. Interesting, interesting.
Mar 11, 2011 6:59 AM

Jun 2009
That's some maximum trolling from Gen there. Really, to think it'd all be so simple. All that's left if to know what exactly the Walpurgis Night is and how to stop the shit without Madoka becoming a MH and good end clearly possible. Don't troll anymore, give us something unexpected next episode.

Homura's awesome anyway. <3
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Mar 11, 2011 7:09 AM

Oct 2009
Well, that sure explained a lot...
And woot @ crazy Mami. I loved it.

My theory is that when Madoka makes a contract again, Homura will kill herself out of misery (because this show is very much capable of doing stuff like that). I mean, there must be a limit to what Homura can take.
Pages (15) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Apr 21, 2011

1542 by Ryoketsu »»
Yesterday, 3:06 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Apr 21, 2011

229 by Biisoo »»
Apr 15, 2:11 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Feb 24, 2011

627 by Biisoo »»
Apr 15, 12:51 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Feb 10, 2011

523 by Biisoo »»
Apr 15, 11:18 AM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Feb 3, 2011

380 by Biisoo »»
Apr 15, 10:44 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.