Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (15) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Mar 11, 2011 5:15 AM

Feb 2011
This is was one of the best episodes I ever saw, I'm speechless

5/5
Mar 11, 2011 5:16 AM

Aug 2009
NotJackFrost said:
Dracos33 said:

But seriously, I've been thinking about who the Walpurgis night witch is and I think its Homura herself.Over and over again she has been going through the same time line to correct things, and she has been growing stronger in every way.

I was about to post this, but got ninja'd. Yes, this would be the logical conclusion. The evidence is there in plain sight (aka the best place to hide it) - Walpurgis has a cog/gear theme to her. Homura is the only one we know who has a clockwork device.

Going by general time-paradox knowledge, the simplest way would be to kill Homura. When you think about it, her being alive is EXACTLY is one thing constant in all timelines. And in all timelines her death is somehow prevented by Madoka: saved from the witch in 1, saved from batshit insane Mami, soul gem purified, Walpurgis 1HKO'd. This would also mean that her wish to save Madoka was the event that set up the entire loop in the first place.

Well, her wish to save Madoka obviously is the reason for the entire loop.

At one point, I also pondered about the possibility of Homura being Walpurgisnacht, mainly because i am very curious about that witch's identity. However, after the episode 10, it's kinda tough to justify this theory for we saw that, in the first timeline (the one with moe Homura) Madoka became a witch after she fought Walpurgisnacht. And Homura was there, not even a MS yet, so how could she be her? Of course, in case they actually go with that scenario, they could always explain it with something like 'Homura's time traveling to the past messed up the entire space-time continuum'.
Hmmm, but your theory did make me remember another thing. Homura is from the future i.e. she doesn't belong to the current timeline. OK. But, where is the real Homura from the present then? So, who knows, you guys could be onto sth.
Well, I know I'm not making much sense, rebutting even myself xD but this anime's so prefect for speculah, though I'm probably way off.

Sae said:
Now that I think about it, wasn't Mami a bit odd in this episode? I thought that she, of all people, would know about whole "magical girls -> witches" thing.
Or what? She's supposedly been going around hunting witches (and purifying her soul gem while at it) for a long time. And not even once she asked: "Hey, QB, actually, why do I have to purify my SG, and what happens if i don't?". And you know, fluffy bastard shown himself to be a honest pers... creature. Of sorts.

While she did take me by surprise with certain actions, namely killing Kyoko, I don't think she knew about MS>witches thing in any of the timelines. In the episode 1, she thanks Madoka for saving QB calling him 'a precious friend of hers'. You clearly wouldn't say that about someone who tricked you into becoming a zombie destined to turn into a witch once your battery runs empty. IMO she was somewhat naive, believing in classic magical girls who save the day and are accompanied by a cute magical being serving as their advisor.

LightningRamiel said:

And honestly at this point, I think a happy ending would count as getting trolled. It's weird, I really feel like my overall satisfaction with this series will decrease by a pretty decent amount if it doesn't follow through to an amazingly depressing finale.

Oh, for some reason, I so agree with that.
metamorphiusMar 11, 2011 5:49 AM
Mar 11, 2011 5:31 AM

Feb 2010
Wow.. Homura has the weight of the world on her shoulders. Brilliant episode.
Mar 11, 2011 5:52 AM
Mar 2011
metamorphius said:
At one point, I also pondered about the possibility of Homura being Walpurgisnacht, mainly because i am very curious about that witch's identity. However, after the episode 10, it's kinda tough to justify this theory for we saw that, in the first timeline (the one with moe Homura) Madoka became a witch after she fought Walpurgisnacht. And Homura was there, not even a MS yet, so how could she be her? Of course, in case they actually go with that scenario, they could always explain it with something like 'Homura's time traveling to the past messed up the entire space-time continuum'.
Hmmm, but your theory did make me remember another thing. Homura is from the future i.e. she doesn't belong to the current timeline. OK. But, where is the real Homura from the present then? So, who knows, you guys could be onto sth.
Well, I know I'm not making much sense, rebutting even myself xD but this anime's so prefect for speculah, though I'm probably way off.

I have written a story long ago that dealt with a similar time loop where the protagonist must set things right in order to prevent a bad end, so my brain is full of theories how this might work:
1)Homura isn't physically travelling back in time, but resetting the universe to the beginning of the day when she first met Madoka.

2)A possibility is that her consciousness is transferred to the past!Homura and she's still physically in ending number 1. Since all girls had their wishes backfire, this could be Homura's.
Simply put, after she succeeds in saving Madoka, she returns to ending 1 where it all began, her Soul Gem becomes a GS, turning into Walpurgisnacht. Homura keeps her powers in witch form and, realising that this is all her fault, goes back in time to kill herself in the usual Delusioned Witch manner. Thus, the cycle is created.

3)Every time Homura goes back, the initial Homura is ejected to somewhere outside the timeline, where she contracts QB/something else and eventually turns into Walpurgis.

Owch. My brain.
Also,pardon if there will be a multitude of posts. Myinternet spiked when I tried posting this.
Mar 11, 2011 5:59 AM

Jun 2009
This episode was soo awesome!!! I'm glad that Mami died before finding out the truth. But it really makes me wonder how Homura alone is going to defeat Valpurgis Night. :/
Mar 11, 2011 6:04 AM

Apr 2009
HOLY SHEEEET~

Homura changed so much, through all the time looping.

And now, all those people who were hating Madoka for not being a Mahou Shoujo by now, they now know the reason why. :/

It was epic.
Mar 11, 2011 6:34 AM

Sep 2010
jabbany said:
The only solution to save the world is if Madoka wished something along the lines 'I want to be a mahou shoujo forever'. When homura (and possibly madoka) defeat the current Walpurgisnacht, there will be no more witches, so homura will have to turn into a witch eventually (the strongest no doubt, also this is inevetable because she has used up her wishes) . Madoka will then have the final battle with the witch that was once homura. With this the circle is closed, leaving only one mahou shoujo in the whole world and no more witches. And the world is not destroyed.

Seems harsh but its the only explanation that i found that works...

Then she should just say: 'I wish no more witches can be created and no more Puella Magi's shall turn into witches ever again.' Save Madoka AND Homura. ;D

Btw, I'm extremely slow, but if you think about it, Soul Gems turning into Grief Seeds was made so obvious we didn't see it(well, some of us):
SG -> GS ;D

Oh, and by the way, I might be wrong, but doesn't Walpurgis from timeline 1 look different from the one in.. 3 or 4? Her dress looks way longer in the 3rd/4rth(Shall try to make this into pictures and edit them in..)
Proud mama and papa of Misha Yuuki* (02-01-2014 - 22-01-2014)
Thank you for the wonderful twenty days you gave us. <3
One day we will meet again..
Mar 11, 2011 6:48 AM

Jun 2009
So basically, Homura is a badass time stopping mahou shoujo version of Rika from Higurashi. Interesting, interesting.
Mar 11, 2011 6:59 AM

Jun 2009
That's some maximum trolling from Gen there. Really, to think it'd all be so simple. All that's left if to know what exactly the Walpurgis Night is and how to stop the shit without Madoka becoming a MH and good end clearly possible. Don't troll anymore, give us something unexpected next episode.

Homura's awesome anyway. <3
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Mar 11, 2011 7:09 AM

Oct 2009
Well, that sure explained a lot...
And woot @ crazy Mami. I loved it.

My theory is that when Madoka makes a contract again, Homura will kill herself out of misery (because this show is very much capable of doing stuff like that). I mean, there must be a limit to what Homura can take.
Mar 11, 2011 7:17 AM
Feb 2009
-Vid said:
Actually, I'm not entirely certain that she died. Sure, it might seem that way, but really, look at it. In timeline.. 3? Madoka defeated the Witch in one go, and she's supposedly as powerful in any timeline. However in the first she simply.. dies? It seems a bit illogical to me. She probably got sucked dry of her magic, fell down and is about to turn into a witch, which Homura doesn't know at that point.

Or she really died.. but then.. it kinda doesn't make sense to see her fuck up that badly.
personally i think madoka did died in timeline 1, since her soul gem was not in her hand (broke maybe?) n i think madoka did defeat the Walpurgis night in every single timeline (the only diff is whether madoka end up dying or become witch)

-Vid said:
Another thing.. perhaps it was just shown badly, but the day Homura enters the class, Madoka meets Kyubey, and makes a contract, aye? Well in the first timeline Homura obviously doesn't do anything, we see her at the blackboard and during PE class and it seems to be the very same day, however, later on she gets attacked by a witch (or spawns, whatever). Then Madoka mentions that she just contracted last week.. or something.

Urg, I'm probably missing some obvious or something.
u did miss something, the day when homura woke up in hospital is more than one week b4 she attend the school (c the calender, 16 is the day she leave the hospital, 23 is the day she attend the school)

summaries of my thought (n many others too):

- base on previous timeline, there isnt really a way to defeat Walpurgis night unless by sacrificing madoka...

- they nvr showed what madoka wish for, which i think will be the last trump card

- everything will be over if homura died
oblivious is a bliss
Mar 11, 2011 7:22 AM
Jul 2010
I've been wishing for a bad ending so far but now... I'm not so sure. I mean, if it ends badly, Homura would just repeat it all over again and I want a conclusion. Besides, this episode made me feel really sad. And I truly want her to achieve her objective - saving Madoka.

Anyway, it was a great episode. A truly great one. The best one so far.
Mar 11, 2011 7:38 AM

Nov 2010
This episode is over 9000/10. It resolved most of the heated issues and theories that cropped up for nine episodes; it was also an intense cocktail of emotion; it was also devastating.

It breaks my heart watching Madoka cry... or die.
I play, the haters lose.
Mar 11, 2011 8:07 AM

Dec 2007
NotJackFrost said:
NotJackFrost said:
Dracos33 said:

But seriously, I've been thinking about who the Walpurgis night witch is and I think its Homura herself.Over and over again she has been going through the same time line to correct things, and she has been growing stronger in every way.

I was about to post this, but got ninja'd. Yes, this would be the logical conclusion. The evidence is there in plain sight (aka the best place to hide it) - Walpurgis has a cog/gear theme to her. Homura is the only one we know who has a clockwork device.

Going by general time-paradox knowledge, the simplest way would be to kill Homura. When you think about it, her being alive is EXACTLY is one thing constant in all timelines. And in all timelines her death is somehow prevented by Madoka: saved from the witch in 1, saved from batshit insane Mami, soul gem purified, Walpurgis 1HKO'd. This would also mean that her wish to save Madoka was the event that set up the entire loop in the first place.

Doesn't explain the first Walpurgis night witch in the first and original timeline. If not it would make sense. Last time people said it was Sayaka and they were wrong about that =P.
Mar 11, 2011 8:10 AM

Oct 2008
This is how the king and queen of all badasses was made.
Mar 11, 2011 8:32 AM

Mar 2009
I love this show!
Mar 11, 2011 9:01 AM

Nov 2009
Homura resetting just killed the despair factor for the death of the three girls(4 if she fails again).

They should change the title to Puella Magica Homura. But man that is some good twist.
Mar 11, 2011 9:02 AM

Nov 2008
Homura in pigtails is cute.

Madoka as a Mahou Shoujo is more cute than powerful but she has a good sense of justice as a result of being one.

All that murder after Sayaka's death, way to break the nice girl, good thing Madoka killed Mami out of self defense, it beats the sandworm witch anyday.

Mar 11, 2011 9:17 AM

Aug 2010
My take on this: I think a 'good End' (for a lack of better words) could be achieved by Homura and Madoka commiting suicide after walpurgis is defeated.

Personally, I doubt Homura will ever find the 'perfect' solution for this little Visual Novel of hers, no matter how often she loads the savegame.

Maybe there isn't a good end. Maybe she just needs to prevent a bad end.
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
Mar 11, 2011 9:19 AM
Jan 2010
Homuhomu is mai waifu do not steal
Mar 11, 2011 9:26 AM

May 2008
http://forum.evageeks.org/viewtopic.php?p=435570&sid=482366b77a074f8bdd060adcf29620c3

- Q - From an animation point of view, were there specific instructions from Shinbo or InuCurry?

- A - Shinbo would say something on the drawings on the layout and the situation design, like "I want here to be like this". But he did not say much about the personality of the characters. He only said "A character that killed other people cannot get happy end". As for InuCurry, they kept explaining to me about the characteristics of the witches, and I thought "wow, that's really detailed!" lol

- "A character that killed other people cannot get happy end"

Doesn't sound like good news for Homuhomu.

Confirmed for killing others:
Mami
Madoka
Homura

Unconfirmed:
Sayaka

If witches count:
Kyouko too.

Fuck.
Mar 11, 2011 9:30 AM

Nov 2009
Amazing episode, I got to see my Mami again however it was horrible seeing her lose her mental state and kill one of my other favourite characters.

Got a new found respect for Homura though, she really has went through hell. I hope she succeeds in her mission.
Mar 11, 2011 9:50 AM
Sep 2009
Cool ep, but here's a random thought: this show would be even better if it was a movie instead of tv series.
Mar 11, 2011 9:53 AM

Nov 2010
This episode was nothing short of amazing, sooo awesome to see Madoka in magical girl form. Somewhat sad episode to see lots of death but it explained a ton of stuff. I also really liked the part where madoka was skillfully dodging the wheels. This episode just confirmed that this is the best anime ive seen in a while.
Mar 11, 2011 10:10 AM

Dec 2010
Well... fuck. That was outstanding.

Although expected, I'm disappointed to know that, to Homura, the whole world can go fuck itself, if it's for Madoka's sake.
Still, badassery galore. Right now, Homura is a character I both love and hate in equal ways.
Homura + M240 = Win.

Well, I'm gonna hold off on discussnig theories until the thread cools down, but for now, there was someone as early as episode 7 that suggested Madoka would suicide at the end. At this pint, I think I'm ready to believe it...
"Tonight, I sit in the eye of the storm. As fire boils around me, I press forward, winds and lightning lashing my wings. I am no match for what I face. Yet I will not back down, and though fear may place it's stranglehold on my heart, courage will see me through. With tears in my eyes, I hit full throttle. My engines become an inferno, and my weapons light up, awaiting my command.

If I die tonight, I will do so fighting for everything I believe in."

Mar 11, 2011 10:39 AM

Oct 2009
StellaNoxFleuret said:
Amazing episode, it reminded me a lot of Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle's time paradox.

I was surprised to see Homura as a shy girl with no much of coincidence. But the timeline cyrcle and those events changed into cold & strong which is better.

Now I wonder what was Madoka's wish on Timeline A.

Cake
Mar 11, 2011 10:58 AM

Mar 2011
Finaly!!! some light over Homura, i was waiting for this so much.
We also got to see Madoka´s combat form ^^
What an epic episode.
Mar 11, 2011 11:00 AM

Nov 2007
prismheart said:

Problem is: Homura's wish is centered on Madoka's survival, not on the other girls. So for all girls to survive, someone else has to make a wish/use her magic.
I also doubt she'll want Sayaka involved again. Experience has shown that Sayaka is very stubborn and distrustfull, She had her hopes on Kyouko, but Sayaka ruined that plan. Speaking of Kyouko: I wonder why she was in that 2nd timeline, while there were already 4 Magical girls (before Sayaka turned witch) in town.
Also: we haven't had any confirmation yet that the witch-system will be over once they'll beat the Walp-witch. In fact Kyouko's comments suggests that a Walp-witch has been defeated before (in another town), and the system is still there.

NotJackFrost said:
Going by general time-paradox knowledge, the simplest way would be to kill Homura. When you think about it, her being alive is EXACTLY is one thing constant in all timelines.
Not quite. Homura resets to the day before Madoka contracts: http://images.puella-magi.net/4/4c/Ep10-calendar.jpg
Mami is already a magical girl at that time and QB will still be after Madoka. The fact that we don't see Mami during 1 of the timelines, could mean she was already dead at the time Walp-witch appeared.

NotJackFrost said:
Wow, interesting. With Madoka showing signs of remembering Homura, I think we don't have the 'Homura comes from timeline 1 and appears in timeline 2 at some point'. Sidenote though: Mami's wish didn't backfire (Idon't want to die (alone)/ Safe me - manga version).

-Vid said:
Actually, I'm not entirely certain that she died. Sure, it might seem that way, but really, look at it. In timeline.. 3? Madoka defeated the Witch in one go, and she's supposedly as powerful in any timeline. However in the first she simply.. dies? It seems a bit illogical to me.
Maybe she makes a different wish in every timeline, which influences her capability. We still don't know why Madoka has this insane potential, but maybe it increased with every reset.
Mar 11, 2011 11:11 AM

Oct 2010
cleo said:
@Yumekichi11:
1st timeline barrier of the witch was based on Guernica, a painting of Picasso, made after the Germans completely destroyed the Basque town with the same name.
Excellent info cleo once again. Destruction as the theme was in that part but also murder, whom I was not far from in assuming and those deformed figures may have been murdered people and killed off in what represented that world.
cleo said:
The runes for the witches are translated, see at the Wiki
I've been thinking about the butterfly effect. I'm rewatching, but I think those drops we've seen falling in several episodes may be tied to that.

I have analyzed the names and came closest in regards to Isadel to this whom might not have anything to do with the name but upon coming to Patricia's name it does make sense with thisas it may imply her being a noble and problems within the figure skating world may have lead her to Grief.
cleo said:
At first it was weird that Madoka-witch looked like a mountain, but it makes perfect sense:
Walpurgis night: "Walpurgis Night (in German folklore) the night of 30 April (May Day's eve), when witches meet on the Brocken mountain and hold revels with their gods...
Brocken is the highest of the Harz Mountains of north central Germany. It is noted for the phenomenon of the Brocken spectre and for witches' revels which reputedly took place there on Walpurgis night."
Now take a look at the Brocken spectre: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brocken_spectre
Once again excellent information, as I concur it makes more sense now that I have checked it out. I also shall put this in case people miss it, a rather excellent graph of the timelines in the spoiler
it was worth checking it out as it simplifies things a lot compared to my writing.
Yumekichi11Mar 14, 2011 6:25 AM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Mar 11, 2011 11:11 AM

Oct 2008
These forum bugs are getting really, really annoying.
Mar 11, 2011 11:15 AM

Nov 2009
Okay. This is the most f*cked up episode i've seen in a while.
This anime is becoming one of the best this year, witholut a doubt.
I'm glad i started watching it.

Homura-chaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!
Mar 11, 2011 12:15 PM

Jun 2007
My summarization of the ep is like the MTG card Timetwister and forking many times:
http://gatherer.wizards.com/Handlers/Image.ashx?multiverseid=132&type=card

This confirms the time loop instead of a parallel world usage. Some parts of the ep starts making me think about Higurashi again since Akemi seems a lot like Furude Rika in a sense due to reliving the same tragedy. Also makes me think that the Madoka Magica could be written up as a visual novel as a result.

Due to the current events, I can see a high likelihood of another reset due to the extremely bad events in this timeframe. Like Higurashi, you have to overcome events of mistrust that leads to death and destruction. If it is like that for Madoka Magica, the 'good end' will likely require all Puella Magi to survive and fight during Walpurgis Night to prevent the tragedy from repeating itself.

If you use that logic to prevent possible deaths or fallen, these would be the objectives:
Mami - keep her from dying or experiencing PTSD.
Sayaka - get her to trust others and possibly help her love for Kyosuke.
Kyouko - help her make friendly relations with other Puella Magi, especially Sayaka.
Akemi - needs to open up and be friendly to others besides Madoka.

P.S.: One thing I gotta say, witches seemed to blow up real good...lol..
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Mar 11, 2011 12:21 PM

Apr 2008
I sort of get the impression Homura is definitely not coming out alive. I mean, all timelines have in common that she survives.
It sorts of reminds me a lot of some single filler episode of X-Files, where it was also about timelines and it stopped when the one who knew about it died.
But despite anything, execution was real nice to behold.

I wonder what Madoka wished for in the timeline of the prologue and why she turned into a witch instantly. And why she has so much potential. If it were that she was left at last and stirred up a lot of emotions, it would make sense to me, but then Kyuube talked about her potential right from the beginning...
Mar 11, 2011 12:24 PM

Jun 2010
Day2Dream said:
NotJackFrost said:
NotJackFrost said:
Dracos33 said:

Doesn't explain the first Walpurgis night witch in the first and original timeline. If not it would make sense. Last time people said it was Sayaka and they were wrong about that =P.

True. The only thing I can think of would be that the first time line had a 'normal' witch that was the walpurgis which was part of the intial catalyst for Homura. But as she went through the various timelines and reaches her destiny she replaces the first one in order to save everyone and just makes it all fall in on herself.

Unless, it never happened and what she thought she saw which caused her to make the wish in the first place was just an illusion or dream.
ToDo List:
1) Write two chapters
2) Read another two chapters of ____ Manga
3) Write two more chapters
4) Watch two episodes of _____ Anime
5) Write two more chapters
6) Repeat
Did you remember to eat and/or sleep today?
Mar 11, 2011 12:42 PM

Aug 2008
This episode was the cruelest one I've ever watched. I was speechless when Mami snapped.
Mar 11, 2011 12:50 PM

May 2008
Holy shit... Epic episode is epic!

There goes (sorta) my theory as to who Homura was in relation to Madoka... (It was either daughter from the future or bff doing everything to save her)

Up until this episode I was convinced that Madoka was the cause of the Walpurgis night, since she has the potential to be a strong Puella Magi, it would make sense that if she were to fall & become a witch, her witch self would be powerful thus could of been the cause of Walpurgis. But this episode has shown us Walpurgis happening before Madoka becomes a witch. So scratch that.

Guh, I can't wait for next week. How is Homura suppose to solve this all by herself? I think it's reasonable that more then one witch is needed (as someone stated) to stop Walpurgis.

Homura should confront Madoka with the truth and tell her to wish that QB dies and that everyone gets their normal life back, the end! :3 Though we'll probably get a more Saikano-esque ending with the world essentially ending. Or maybe Homura will somehow stop Walpurgis but it will cost her Madoka's friendship/Madoka will never know what happen...

I doubt we'll get a happy ending, and I'm torn if I actually want one...

And yeah, I see the resemblance to Higurashi with the whole time loop thing. Though they certainly are both awesome IMO for various reasons.

...Is it next week yet?
Mar 11, 2011 1:02 PM

Jun 2008
Hmm... so we got an explanation for the cold character. After so many deaths and tragedy she pretty much run out of tears and emotions.

How many of Kyubey bodies has she killed i wonder.

Awesome episode once again. I'm just so glad this show proved to be something a lot more than just a magic girl show.

Dracos33 said:

That could very well be a possibility you never know with this show.

Anyway as i see it Homura's actions make no sense. Even if she kept the other girls from becoming Magical girls they will still die from Walburgis night since she can win against it alone.
Ok may be there is a way. She must stop Madoka and Sayaka from making a contract and then form a team with Mami and Kyoko that are already magical girls so she can face Walburgis night. But for this plan to work she needs to keep Kyoko and Mami alive. So why does she let Mami die and the biggest mystery is why did she not tell Madoka and Sayaka everything from the start. If Sayaka knew that her soul wouldn't be in her body then she would probably have not made the contract.
Mar 11, 2011 1:28 PM

Feb 2010
I have an issue with... 6th graders(?) being able to create explosives at home.

Aside from that, I like it.
C:
Mar 11, 2011 1:59 PM

Sep 2009
That was...fantastic. Utterly fantastic. Tied up a lot of loose ends in the previous few episodes, we got to see some gone characters back in action, and then some. My only complaint was that it felt a tad rushed, but I could not keep my eyes off the screen for the full episode. Oh, and the lyrics in the OP makes sense now!
Mar 11, 2011 2:20 PM

Sep 2007
Just wow! Simply amazing, what an episode! I'm dying to see how this ends, I can see a bad ending in the horizon...

Mar 11, 2011 2:35 PM
Mar 2011
So me and a friend are throwing some theories back and forth, hoping they'll somehow fill the last empty stop in the plot.

1)Walpurgis ISN'T a witch and is Kyubei's creation/Familiar in order to create a chain-reaction, since Madoka didn't turn into a witch.

+We never see Wapurgis' GS
-QB doesn't know about the time travel happening

2)Walpurgis = Madoka. Homura's wish = re-do their meeting. So it might apply to walp as well, summoning her no matter what.

3)Homura will eventually realise that every reset makes things worse and goes back to the time just before she makes a wish and kills herself. (weird logic, but, eh...)

4)We see Homura drag Madoka through frozen time by the hand, what if she can take her back in time as well?

5)The caged Witch that eats heavy machine gun fire is Mami. Stockings, yellow pieces of fabric and ribbons all seen within her labyrinth. Her cage is sybolic of her wish, since at that time she had no choice and, thus, became trapped in this Magic Girl game.

@cleo - Mami's wish backfired in true Faustian manner. When she was no longer alone - she dies.
Mar 11, 2011 2:41 PM

Sep 2009
163 replies but i can only see up to post #5 XD

Oh for a second i thought i missed few episodes.
Great episode though it did seem cramped. Homura is awesome ~ Madoka sucks as usual >.>
KujoKyubei is the freakiest pet-type thing (?) i have come across *goosebump*
Mar 11, 2011 2:55 PM
Jan 2010
Omniknight said:
These forum bugs are getting really, really annoying.

Seriously. This is the buggiest site I've seen in my life.
Mar 11, 2011 3:02 PM

Dec 2010
This anime is THE SHHEIT!
it was good that we know what Homura actually is now, and what happened. Its so sad how many times it was Walpurgis Night and it all ended in a bad way..T^T
So in this time of turning back time and replaying what happened,they still die, mami, sayaka, kyoko... she really wants to protect Madoka. And Homura redid so many times that she changed her personality... not trusting anyone and understanding that people dont believe the future.
This episode was too good.
Mar 11, 2011 3:52 PM

Sep 2008
They need like a denwa-picking up character...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 11, 2011 4:03 PM
Mar 2011
I say that homura should just stuff madoka into her shield thingy, go to the next reset with 2 madokas and have one of them kill walpurigis night
8D
Mar 11, 2011 4:03 PM
Jun 2008
I wonder what will the ending be.....Yuri ending? lol
Mar 11, 2011 4:05 PM
Nov 2008
I felt this episode like... all the plot from Higurashi no Naku Koro ni. lol
Mar 11, 2011 4:17 PM

Jul 2008
Ugh I feel so bad for Homura! I know since it is SHAFT and based on the writer's reputation this will not end well, but I hope it does. I really really hope it does.

I at least want Madoka and Homura to live. Or maybe she has to go through one final restart. I don't know, but I hope it does not end with Homura sacrifice.
Mar 11, 2011 4:26 PM

Jan 2011
Yeah, meganekko Homura-chan was so cute! (*^*) And we learned about her past and motives at last. That was just as I thought - she's trying to save Madoka because they were friends in parallel reality and she haven't managed to do this then. But I didn't suspect there were 4 parallel realities before!
And seeing Mami again was nice (^_^)
Pages (15) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Apr 21, 2011

1541 by Biisoo »»
Apr 15, 2:44 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Apr 21, 2011

229 by Biisoo »»
Apr 15, 2:11 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Feb 24, 2011

627 by Biisoo »»
Apr 15, 12:51 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Feb 10, 2011

523 by Biisoo »»
Apr 15, 11:18 AM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Feb 3, 2011

380 by Biisoo »»
Apr 15, 10:44 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.