3It was OK
38.7%
2Disliked it
9.7%
1Hated it
0.0%
Average 3.7
31 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 5, 2011 6:51 PM

Apr 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wow. The part after they first defeated Raichi was so goddamn cheesy. -We won so let's leap into the air!- Just no.

It's great how only the Saiyan's together defeated the main baddie, this is titled 'Plan to Destroy the Saiyajin' afterall. I liked that. Piccolo really had no reason to fight. Well overall I enjoyed watching it. The music was annoying at times though.
Apr 5, 2011 9:30 AM

Feb 2009
What's there not to miss? It's more DBZ! The villain is pretty original.
Nov 27, 2013 8:03 AM

May 2012
Pretty nice conclusion to everything, this sure was a nice ova in general and lets see what the remake of this ova has to offer!
Jan 10, 2014 10:41 AM

Jun 2009
The end villain (Hatchiyak) was pretty cool, nice to see him in Raging Blast 2, as well. I haven't unlocked him yet, though. Dunno how, should probably look it up. He seems pretty OP. Anyway, this was a decent OVA, the music was cool but the animation was lacking at times. I guess I'm just used to my Dragon Box for DBZ. Heh. At least there's a much higher quality remastered edition of this OVA, I wonder what's different about it though. It's only half an hour so they must have cut a fair amount out. That stupid credits thing in the middle of the episode after the doctor was killed was such a troll, I almost closed the window because I thought the episode was done.
Mar 17, 2014 12:40 PM

Jan 2013
Tyestor said:
... At least there's a much higher quality remastered edition of this OVA, I wonder what's different about it though. It's only half an hour so they must have cut a fair amount out. ...

Thank you for explaining what I saw xD. I saw the remastered one and it was a bit weird to see 2 ep on MAL.
In any case the art was quite good but the highlights were really exaggerated in it. As of the OVA it was quite good too, wasn't boring more like 3 episodes of the season that got together in a movie.
7?/10
Dec 1, 2015 5:01 PM

Jun 2014
2/10 and heaps worse than the new version which was bad also. It was cheesy, lacked any sense, distracting music and even had a plothole in the fifty minutes. How on earth were they not able to shoot ki before the first one was destroyed, but were able to when there was one left which was confirmed to pump more gas than the others?
Feb 27, 2016 7:42 AM

Aug 2012
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
2/10 and heaps worse than the new version which was bad also. It was cheesy, lacked any sense, distracting music and even had a plothole in the fifty minutes. How on earth were they not able to shoot ki before the first one was destroyed, but were able to when there was one left which was confirmed to pump more gas than the others?

Cheesy? lacked sense? That sums up the Dragon Ball Z franchise. These episodes weren't any worse than any movie or parts of the main series when it comes to that. In fact, it was much more interesting if you ask me. And what you call of a plothole is the least of the worries, there are a few errors that bother me much more than that, again, nothing that a DBZ fan wouldn't be used to.
Feb 27, 2016 2:45 PM

Jun 2014
pokecenter said:
Kagami_Hiiragi said:

Cheesy? lacked sense? That sums up the Dragon Ball Z franchise. These episodes weren't any worse than any movie or parts of the main series when it comes to that. In fact, it was much more interesting if you ask me. And what you call of a plothole is the least of the worries, there are a few errors that bother me much more than that, again, nothing that a DBZ fan wouldn't be used to.

Well, that's your opinion. I can't remember why I called this cheesy because I blocked it from my mind completely, but I do remember it being trash.
Aug 28, 2016 11:57 PM

Sep 2013
It was tough watching the version that's a bit over an hour. It had lots of raw footage in the middle and kept cutting back and forth from footage in the original version and the remake. Nice effort on the part of whomever put it together though!

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Nov 19, 2018 7:08 PM

Nov 2016
Totally forgot that I've watched the newer version, no wonder that it felt familiar, lol.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 24, 2018 12:20 AM
Jun 2017
Loved the videogame-style intertitles but the newer version feels better simply because this version made lots of references which weren't shown also, a lot of things happen here 'just because' otherwise it's a fine special.
Aug 31, 2020 11:36 AM
Jul 2018
Well, even though I found this to be all over the place with no true danger present other than the final boss who sprung up out of nowhere, I did fancy the video-game style transitions here and there.
Feb 21, 2021 3:07 PM

Jan 2015
I liked more the first episode. This episode was so lazy, but Hatchiyack has such a good design.
Jun 8, 2022 11:48 AM

Nov 2010
If he's telling the truth, his revenge plot was good. I was almost disappointed when the villain got beat so easily. lol

That fight at the end was alright. It would've been better if this was a 1 ep. OVA IMO. 6/10
Mar 12, 2:28 PM
May 2019
As a huge DBZ fan i really want to like this more but it is just feeling so fillery and mediocre most of the time.
The 90s anime aesthethic and some fight scenes are clearly the best thing here.

Story is super bland revenge plot but the flashbacks to Planet Vegeta were rather interesting to see.

What i really liked was some of the brutality in the kills and fighting sequences that made me remember how serious Dragon Ball can (used to) be at times.

More topics from this board

» no official dubs

JVskunkape - Oct 12, 2023

0 by JVskunkape »»
Oct 12, 2023 2:13 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Z: Plan to Destroy the Saiyajin Episode 1 Discussion

Monochrome - Mar 5, 2011

9 by Mota-Wa2007 »»
Sep 19, 2022 8:16 AM

» Question

DesolatePsyche - Nov 21, 2010

3 by Maelstrom184 »»
Aug 28, 2016 2:47 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.