Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 5, 2011 8:33 AM

Aug 2010
Hello..
I'm looking for anime's with a protective older brother who's protective of his younger brother. I really love anime's that show such relationships such as Naruto and Persona: Trinity Soul. Please the older brother should be prominent character that shows a lot.
Please not yaoi or any incestuous relationship. Please it has to be a protective brother and younger brother.
Thanks!
Mar 5, 2011 12:37 PM
Mar 2011
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
Kamina is for certain reasons not always prominent (it´s the story of the younger brother, after all, and I don´t want to spoil it), but he is the incarnation of the perfect bro, so it´s worth mentioning him.
Mar 5, 2011 3:22 PM

Jan 2011
They are my noble masters - over protective bro
Mar 5, 2011 4:05 PM

Mar 2010
Fullmetal alchemist: Brotherhood for sure :o. The whole anime is about how an older brother can help his younger brother.

and if you want a protective brother + sister combo (although you don't, but if you want) then Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai
Mar 5, 2011 8:32 PM

Nov 2009
Later on in Kyou Kara Maou the older brother of the main character is involved a lot and is really over protective. Although the show has some semi-yaoi moments, it's easily viewable to those who are 100% against yaoi (me)
Mar 23, 2011 6:33 PM
Mar 2011
Aw this girl I know loves that stuff. I'm actually finishing up a graphic novel, and designs for a beat-em-up style game for PSN/360Arcade(KOFXIII style 2D) with that theme-called "Epidemic of Violence". Its about these two brothers who are separated at birth because of a satanic gang(one is called "Rage of the Fallen"). One of them-the older one (Gavriil 28) is actually taken to Russia and raised by a middle aged mafia boss who trains him and raises him as a son. I kinda modeled him after Uri Boyka from Undisputed II/III though I did not give him the mustache but the goatee and heavy stubble ha.

Younger brother (Michael 23) grows up in the States, but in an orphanage but is taken in by a martial artist at 9 and begins his training. The two brothers actually do meet each other for the first time in prison, they don't know each other obviously or even suspect that they are brothers since one is all Russian lol. They also do not get along too well at first, but when they find out and all the older one becomes very protective of the other one. I kind of made their relationship as brothers after David and Johnathan, there's a lot of biblical influence in the story actually. HA I designed the younger brother after the dude Christian Howard who plays Ken in the Street Fighter Legacy fan made movie.

The older brother doesn't even like when the younger one swears too much though of course the older one swears a hell of a lot. He also often calls his younger brother "Misha" which is the affectionate or pet name version of Mikhail/Michael (he pronounces both their names in Russian form). The younger one also takes the last name of the older one (they don't know their birth given last names since both of them had suffered severe memory loss, and only remembered their first names because of a dream). The older one was given the name Urivich which is a nod to the character Uri Boyka in Undisputed II/III, in Hebrew it also means "My Light". The name also reminds him of the brief period of piece had growing up on a farm when he briefly tried to hide from his killers, and before he went to prison lol

The younger one has a respectful fear of the older one because of his past and his skill. At the same time because of the past of the older brother-the younger one often goes out of his way to accommodate the older one because he feels he had a much harder life. They also have a playful rivalry, though cautious on the younger brother's side because of the respectful fear.

The older brother sometimes acts fatherly to the younger one, since he didn't have one growing up, he also constantly keeps the younger brother's temper in check as well lol. He'll also read his bible to him which the younger one cannot read since it is in Russian ha. The younger brother likes the sound of his brother's voice while he's reading/translating because it reminds him of what their father would have been like, though he speaks a different language, and has a heavy accent its the tone that reminds him of such-but yeah the story is so influenced from the bible, and martial arts. The two brothers are also not entirely human, they are Nephilim (offspring of angel).
InkmageMar 23, 2011 7:04 PM

More topics from this board

» Anime similar to live-action action movies?

Skuletor - 8 hours ago

3 by YokuYT »»
60 minutes ago

» Looking for any recommendations really

TabonyBoy - Apr 16

9 by r3v3l3v3l »»
3 hours ago

» Planning to watch Sousou no Frieren

WitchDoc - Today

8 by r3v3l3v3l »»
5 hours ago

» ใ€Œ ๐œ—โ„˜ ๐š๐ง๐ข๐ฆ๐ž/๐ฆ๐š๐ง๐ ๐š ๐ฌ๐ฎ๐ ๐ ๐ž๐ฌ๐ญ๐ข๐จ๐ง ๐œ—โ„˜ ใ€(โ€โ› ึŠ โ›โ€ž)โ™ก

RabbitS- - Apr 10

18 by Reina__ »»
9 hours ago

» Grim series for tonight

LoveYourEyes - Apr 1

14 by LoveYourEyes »»
9 hours ago
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.