Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 4, 2011 11:50 PM

Sep 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I really enjoyed the whole glasses concept.

Was entertaining seeing Robins reaction to them.
Jul 18, 2012 8:31 AM

Jul 2011
"Stubborn Aesthetics" - Robin who doesn't want to wear glasses.

Since she didn't notice/ think her eyes were bad, maybe it only happens when Robin uses her abilities? They do a scene right before she uses her powers that zoom in on her eyes.
Aug 15, 2013 11:32 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Ah, this was the episode that I watched on adult swim when I was younger that made me steer away from this anime...that girl was creepy :/ no wonder I got scared.

Anyways, those glasses, Amon is pretty observant to notice that maybe using glasses would help control her powers. Robin was so surprised at the accuracy of her power when wearing those glasses. Also, since she's 15, I can see why she gets sad/a little depressed when her partner doesn't really act like a partner. But I guess Amon does care, he must have good instincts when he heard from Michael that Robin and the other lady were going to the park to investigate something. Since it was 4 months ago and nothing had happened in between, I wouldn't have been as worried as Amon.
Dec 28, 2013 2:26 PM

Nov 2009
So . . . The only reason she couldn't control her powers was because she couldn't see well? And she never thought to get glasses so that she didn't turn entire buildings in to embers? Stupid child.
Feb 18, 2014 9:09 AM

Aug 2009
Oh, yeah! That woman did seem a bit suspicious!

Still, I can't accept that Robin's vision was that bad that she couldn't aim properly! That's odd, don't you think?! O.O

Anyway, even though cold and distant, Amon actually cares and that's really cool! It's obvious he isn't the type to express himself openly but he did take the necessary precautions!! ^^ I can totally relate to Robin not being aware of her problem because I was the same myself back in school! But it's too ordinary...in a way I miss the typical anime and out of this world explanations, while this one is too...realistic! :D

Anyway, nice episode!! >;D
May 26, 2014 8:27 AM

Aug 2013
I thought maybe the reason why Robin couldn't control her power was because it's too much for her. Turns out she just can't see properly haha. So that explains the blurry vision she had in episode 2. I really thought she was just sleepy then.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Feb 2, 2015 6:33 PM

Apr 2012
Not sure why Amon decided to run out after them, made no sense. And again it was fairly obvious that girl was going to be the killer. Hope this picks up / gets less predictable.

The glasses thing was funny.
Sep 1, 2015 11:10 AM

Jul 2008
Once again Amon let's you in on nothing.

Robin looks cute with the glasses but prettier without them...quite a weird take I think.
Dec 18, 2015 4:11 AM

Feb 2012
So that explain why she couldn't control her power..

「 To other people, I might not have changed at all, but I feel like I was able to change... 」

Aug 26, 2016 6:38 AM

Feb 2013
That girl was crazy, she killed them for no reason.
Robin looks great with glasses.
Mar 19, 2018 1:24 PM

Nov 2011
The case is not very good, but the narrative is constructive regarding the interpersonal relationships in the workplace of Robin and the potential she might have as a witch, and we also know another side of her personality. Who knows why Amon avoids Robin.
May 3, 2020 8:21 PM

Mar 2016
"Maybe what we're doing isn't all that different."

This kind of line can be pretty stupid no matter what (figured it was going to appear at some point), but the way it's used in this episode made me laugh out loud. Like, no. If the world of witches is at such a level, where slaughtering innocents is like removing trash, the secret squads seem more than justified to me. Probably just a throwaway line but in that context it felt super forced.
Jun 22, 2021 12:10 PM

Aug 2017
So that explains the blurry vision she had in episode 2. I really thought she was just sleepy then.

Had the same thought.

It's interesting how the whole "dirtiness" theme from the killer calls back to Robin's own habit of cleaning things.

Next episode: "smells like the wandering spirit" x)

The church in the park had an inverted cross in its large window, hmm.

P.S. Apparently the symbol in the OP is called Solomon's Triangle/ the Triangle of Solomon and is a thing in witchcraft. It also has the name of (archangel) Michael inscribed on it. Interesting... In ep 1 there were references to the Ogham Wheel and Hagal's Aett, and Robin's power/rune/magic circle/whatever was called "Zig", as opposed to "Yr".
St0rmbladeJun 22, 2021 12:34 PM
Apr 23, 2022 9:58 AM

Sep 2016
syncrogazer said:
"Maybe what we're doing isn't all that different."

This kind of line can be pretty stupid no matter what (figured it was going to appear at some point), but the way it's used in this episode made me laugh out loud. Like, no. If the world of witches is at such a level, where slaughtering innocents is like removing trash, the secret squads seem more than justified to me. Probably just a throwaway line but in that context it felt super forced.

lol yeah, the writers really picked the absolutely worst context to throw this cliche in. the moment when Miho mentioned the witches and the witch hunters in the same sentence I knew it was coming, and I just couldn't contain my laughter when it was actually said out loud. it's like they weren't to sure how to wrap up the episode and just decided to throw in the 'hurr durr gray morality' and call it a day - but just moments after having had the characters deal with a sociopath who randomly kills people at whim. it just made zero sense.
May 23, 2022 1:12 PM

Jan 2020
God dammit, all this time Robin's powers were sporadic because she's got bad eyesight.

I can appreciate someone who kills those who bother them. But, attacking the crows seemed a little excessive.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Mar 1, 2023 6:46 PM
Feb 2023
Robin looked prettier when she have the glasses. This episode is ok the episodes are kinda episodic and the enemy in this ep is boring.
Jun 3, 2023 2:05 PM

Aug 2017
It was a peaceful episode until the end, I really like the realistic theme of this anime,
It seems Robin got a better accuracy with glasses, Amon is a great observant,
The painter killer has a really creepy look LOL, I wonder where they keep the captured witches, I'm curious after seeing how the put the painter in the vehicle,
Next episode titled " Smells like the wandering spirit " LOL, that's cool.
Oct 3, 2023 11:15 AM

Dec 2022
Robin must hate wearing glasses. I can empathise with that.

Shaded Horizon

More topics from this board

Poll: » Witch Hunter Robin Episode 2 Discussion

Sabinlerose - Mar 1, 2011

16 by ERKEK2000 »»
Apr 10, 1:25 PM

Poll: » Witch Hunter Robin Episode 12 Discussion

tingy - Aug 16, 2013

13 by EvantheNerd83 »»
Feb 19, 9:32 AM

Poll: » Witch Hunter Robin Episode 26 Discussion

Sabinlerose - Mar 21, 2011

44 by twennyhundy »»
Feb 17, 3:01 PM

Poll: » Witch Hunter Robin Episode 7 Discussion

Sabinlerose - Mar 10, 2011

17 by fikriyeager »»
Dec 5, 2023 2:16 PM

Poll: » Witch Hunter Robin Episode 14 Discussion

Sabinlerose - Mar 14, 2011

16 by Ilfracombe »»
Oct 16, 2023 5:53 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.