Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Mar 6, 2011 4:02 AM

Sep 2010
Damn, those Novas are fuckin' gnarly.
This is the stuff I imagined and wanted to see.
Mar 6, 2011 5:36 AM

Nov 2010
Was a vast improvment on episode 8!

Great action and it relayed some of Cassies past which was good, Kazayu is a bit of a dick though and I hope Satella and him make up quickly in the next episode. Although I swear that bit didnt happen in the manga

anyways really looking forward to the next episode
Mar 6, 2011 8:55 AM

May 2010
Well, the fight with Novas was good.

"Target one is using an unknown attack pattern!" made me lol but at the same time

facepalmed that a tentacle fest is not far from happening. :/

Cathy was great thou.
Mar 6, 2011 9:20 AM

Oct 2009
Nova's taking over pandora's? lol
Mar 6, 2011 9:27 AM

Jan 2011
I actually liked this episode, not so much fanservice, aside from the clothes ripping, some blood over here, and gore over there

:u as for Cathy's reason to not be a pandora kinda.. eh didn't like it much :I it seems like a small reason and the whole Satella encounter thing too..
xD;; the other senpai's had worse encounters yet they still go on while she, she didn't have that much of an epic encounter yet was traumatized :I (oh Satella, you traumatize the weak so easily LOL)
anyways, can't wait for the next episode~ <3
Mar 6, 2011 11:29 AM

Nov 2009
LostGamer said:
Yumekichi11 said:
zimno said:
this show doesnt need ero, i think
You think? I know it does not need, well at least the cloth ripping, I can live with pageant stuff. This episode as I mentioned did excellent with the minimal fan service it offered. That's how it should be.

Agreed, although it is nice as far as *realism*. I mean, most other shows would show only smoldering clothes or minor cuts to the clothing. I like how if something cuts or blasts at them that they are hurt or clothing is torn accordingly.

As a non-manga reader I must say I hope they continue in the direction they're going in the anime. If they ever go full on fan service or chibi it would ruin the whole show for me

This show has so much potential, depending on how these next three episodes pan out I'm hoping there is another season or two. I'll just have to wait and see.

If i didnt read the manga I would say this is a good episode but I just read all the chapters recently and I can say they butchered this show. The manga is ecchi but really well used and mostly the fights got no ecchi or really rare. Anime got like x5 times more ecchi ... boobs and pantyshots everywhere and most are in fights which is so bad.

They followed the manga till the 7th episode but its changed now. The chapter in 8th episode were kinda fillerish even in the manga but they changed them completly just to make them one big ecchifest.

This episode again there is difference if we compare with the manga. Aoi never even met Cassie to know about his sister stigmas and that last scene with Satela wasnt even in the manga.

So considering this they will go with other some orignal anime ending and this preety much dont leaves any room for 2nd or 3rd seasons.
Mar 6, 2011 11:56 AM

Nov 2009
Best episode had the least fan service. Didn't really expect that to happen, but i guess it comes hand in hand.

Novas are pretty bad ass. The absorption was pretty disturbing.
Mar 6, 2011 12:21 PM

May 2007
MorningGlory said:
Kugyuuuuuu!!!~~ ^^ the new seiyu is awesome

Hmm,a bit dissapointed since there is no cloth ripping during the battle, I guess only real battle involve in cloth ripping .The BGM during the fight is great, the best I heard so far

Every anime could use moar kugimiya rie :3

Mar 6, 2011 12:25 PM

Oct 2010
Monad said:
Anyway to non manga viewers this episode will seem quite good and in general it was quite descent since they at least tried to focus even a little on the plot. They still threw naked boobs whenever they could but the places they showed them weren't working against what was happening so it wasn't bad this time.
Exactly the point even though it is toned down compared to the manga.

It's too bad that there were some butchering over Cathy's love dilemma, it would have added some depth. Regardless these in general are my con arguments.
Yumekichi11Mar 6, 2011 9:20 PM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Mar 6, 2011 1:02 PM

Oct 2007
Kugumia Rie not playing a loli? GASP!
Mar 6, 2011 4:37 PM

Feb 2011
Cathy was cute and it sucks that she was taken into the nova. On the other hand the show finally got to a real nova battle. Woohoo! Kazuya and Bridget better make up in the next episode I want fighting from this show not drama (not too much anyway).
Mar 6, 2011 4:38 PM
Jul 2009
Unfortunately, they made Kazuya out to be a loser in the anime's continuity. Hopefully, he'll redeem himself, as he's nowhere near as much of a siscon in the manga.

I have to say, though...I respect Cassie's desire to retire and her reason for it. Only a fool would accept a position like the one she was being groomed for without having what's necessary for it--the spirit and personality, among other things. And, likewise, only a fool would ignore their fears--especially if those fears were that strong--just to put up a tough front and seek prestige.

She basically realized that if she went ahead with that life, ignoring her fears, she'd be throwing hers away--along with many of her subordinates' lives, too. Smart.
Mar 6, 2011 5:44 PM
Jul 2009
Well it was quite interesting to see the anime version of this, but its quite a deviation from the manga, its cool like that cus they're seriously compacting this story.
I liked how they sent in that berrage before the pandoras to fight the Novas, not in the manga, and it shows more they atleast wanted to save the girls from fighting. The manga's ver. had them sent right in which dose suck they would send them in right away.
But it sucks how Kazuya put his meaning, then again I can't belive Satalizer didn't know anything about her own stigmas, or Kazuya's sister and family in the first place.
Mar 6, 2011 7:25 PM
Jan 2009
Quite honestly I'm going to miss Cathy despite the short amount of time she had in the show.
Mar 6, 2011 7:33 PM

Sep 2008
Wait, nobody tried to fight Mamiko Noto and humiliate her this episode?
What the fuck is wrong with this anime?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 6, 2011 7:34 PM

Nov 2009
UDAWG said:
Quite honestly I'm going to miss Cathy despite the short amount of time she had in the show.
SPOILER ALERT ! At least wait till she becomes an amputee thanks to our sweet blond psycho before you bury her ;p
Mar 6, 2011 8:40 PM

Jul 2009
Shit's getting real on every show this week!
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Mar 6, 2011 9:46 PM

Jun 2010
I love this anime so much. Although the mood is a little different from the manga, the fighting scene with the Nova is still awesome.

Mar 6, 2011 9:57 PM

Jun 2009
Oya, they can do a serious episode all right. Compared to latest episode this was just great.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Mar 6, 2011 10:40 PM

Jan 2011
nice, novas!! reminded me of the ones in RahXephon....anyway nice to see an anime where Statelizer isn't 'picked on' and has to fight her way out....that was getting a bit rediculous
Mar 7, 2011 2:10 AM

Feb 2010
well.. better episode in general than most in this series. About time we had some enemy interaction that wasn't just other bitchy students...
Mar 7, 2011 4:27 AM

Mar 2008
i hated this.... they were doing a good job with the anime... but this episode... OMG THEY WRECKED!! not happy, so PISSED OFF!
No matter how many breaths that you took, you still couldn't breath.
Mar 7, 2011 11:48 AM
Jan 2011
Yumekichi11 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Excellent background information and excellent action. Folks that have made it this so far will see that action and pace pick up around here. They did a splendid job on the fight with the Novas in the second half. I think that is the first thing that is worth remarking the details of but first I liked the blow exchange of younger Bridgette with Cathy,

that was great as well as that part in the first half of the episode.

About Pandoras VS 4 Type S Novas, finally what most people have been waiting for, a actual fight and I for one was damn glad in the manga as it happened. Randomly let me congratulate all non manga readers who made it this far, your patience will only get rewarded in the upcoming episodes. This I know as a manga reader. Expect lots of blood and gore. The beginning of the fight was the start of the principal’s fear coming through. A confirmed on screen 4 Nova Type-S comes and quite frankly a radar working on them to be detected still surprises me as usually these kind of life forms are hard to detect and only EVA made me believe in their detection as more of a realism of the possibilities and it looks like there is a control center to monitor all this. I found it kind of useless but a nice try to have AH-1 Cobras with hellfires to fire them at the Novas for some spectacular explosion. It amounted to the Novas creating some kind of nova explosion that spread like a wave and IMO disintegrates or transmutes the helicopters into the end result of blowing up with most likely anyone inside being dead. Guess after that it did not take long to get the big conference going whom I think there may be over 100 Pandoras of 3rd year or higher among them going Cathy Lockhart is there.

The Novas although for a first time in real time not past tense nor simulation wise are rather quite large and have very dangerous tentacles like that can cut you in Swiss cheesed slices. I did like how they got the nasty surprise from Pandoras fighting them with gratuitous panty shots in the spoiler
as well as freezers doing their job despite knowing fully the can get diced as Marine’s past showed. They still have their weakness of having their core at the same place, kind of lame when in EVA the enemy always shifted their weakness. However that changes and surprises me in the same the manga did. In fact it made me like “Oh shit! Incoming mega beam blast!” Indeed the Novas have a beam type weapon that last I remember has a power of 80 000 Mega Watts in the spoiler
that resulted in lots of shit. This includes something else that stands out in this series other than the fan service in the spoiler
that of gore and blood! For that moment I can say “Fuck the ecchi and this is the shit!” Anyone else? What happens next shocked in the manga but more in the anime because of how it was portrayed. Now at first Cathy being enrolled with their tentacles alike things may make think of tentacle abuse of some kind.

Make no mistake the assimilation shown here and most of all of Cathy was gruesomely shown. Not only that but it was disgusting more in the anime than the manga because of the red lines outlining their bodies but also due to their facial expressions as well as the animation of them being swallowed up. Despite that they still put in fan service of Cathy in large plan and some of the other girls but the thing is that it was not shown in any sexual form at all since Novas are not your average hentai monsters that abuse these girls for lust. In fact find out next episode what it really does.

About Cathy Lockhart, in the beginning with her Limiter she was quite the interest. Knowing now that she has 5 stigmatas in the spoiler
all linked nicely, makes her not that far from the 6 ones of other pandoras. Breast wise TBH they aren’t that big nor too small like Simmons. Meet the best simulation around in East genetics with reproducing Nova attacks that do have kind of like claws. Cathy did not lose time to show what she’s got going from a triple Accel to quad Accel that was wonderfully shown minus the rainbow effect and so the Novas are gone like most simulation are meant to work. I like Cathy’s ass but also her blades are nice. Cathy’s faces in the spoiler
are really cute and positive. However where her decision to stop being a Pandora due to her future goal and her past encounter with Bridgette is lame! Lame! I can’t believe she would be such a scary cat! She has a 90% compatible rate! Marine would dream of having that! This is totally unbelievable to quit only because of that, I can let the novel future goal slip by but getting intimidated by Bridgette to give up would make Creo and Arnett ashamed.

As Cathy tells her story, I guess it is faithful to the manga being that of her witnessing that mashing of a the Limiter trying to approach Bridgette. Cathy’s fear was well shown in front Bridgette. What most likely scared her was Bridgette determination in getting up after being slashed and heavily wounded by Cathy. IMO I wish Cathy was not that badly traumatized by all this but alas she still did great on the battlefield with the Novas with her quad Accel in the spoiler
despite timing it badly to be pushed away by its tentacles. I still liked the very little fan service I got from her in the form of breasts, ass and a nice behind view in the locker room as well as her profile in the spoiler
whom was nice to know she is from the USA and ROFL @ not knowing her weak touch point although food is not coke but coke is beverage less it was supposed to be cake.
Rest in spoiler
About preview, look forward to it you all because there will be more Novas smashing! A resolution of Bridgette to get solved. Most of all to find out what the Nova assimilation does. BTW this week’s art is surprisingly that of the principal in the spoiler
Discuss of the new girl and the fight, IMO she looks damn hot and strong.

Ok, so I guess that the brother and sister relationship between Kazuya and Satellizer is starting to get a little bit steamy, well on Satellizer's part, so does this means that she will do a baptismal with the muhacho anytime soon?
Mar 7, 2011 1:00 PM

May 2010
Just what the hell is going on now? lol
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Mar 7, 2011 5:29 PM

Nov 2010
Poor Cathy didn't even stand a chance against that Nova, a lot firsts in this episode and it looks like a epic battle is coming forth. Really looking forward to what they pull off against 4 Novas...
Mar 7, 2011 8:40 PM

Jul 2009
Good episode. I liked Cassie, she was so different from everyone else ... too bad she got sucked up D;
Finally, we see some cool fighting. Abilities and stuff were really cool (animation was awesome!). Really reminded of NGE and Angels though for some reason O_O
That being said, I honestly don't really care about Satella's woes compared to hers. I GUESS it kind of makes sense if Kazuya sensed his sister's stigma in her (makes more sense than "they look alike", because they don't), I guess if she likes him back it's natural to feel kind of sad, but MEHP
Novas + fighting + less Kazuya + less Satella = win
Keep it up for next episode! The LAST thing I need now to for Satella to magically appear in and save the day ... *cough*
Mar 8, 2011 7:50 AM

Oct 2010
Nasty001 said:
Ok, so I guess that the brother and sister relationship between Kazuya and Satellizer is starting to get a little bit steamy, well on Satellizer's part, so does this means that she will do a baptismal with the muhacho anytime soon?
I can only hope there will be a baptismal but as far as I am in the manga there were no signs of it so I am hoping they do a critical situation no choice and it happens. They did so with Kazuya's freezing during the pageant so why not.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Mar 8, 2011 2:04 PM

Nov 2008
I guess I'm the only one thinking after the entire episodes consisting of bullies and shit, they randomly throw Nova on us out of the blue... I guess its because the series has only 12 episodes so they throw us a plot at a near end xDD

Yumekichi11 said:
Randomly let me congratulate all non manga readers who made it this far, your patience will only get rewarded in the upcoming episodes. This I know as a manga reader. Expect lots of blood and gore.
^nononono let me congratulate those manga readers who are still watching this despite of all of the complaints and saying how crappy the adaptation is. xDD

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Mar 8, 2011 9:24 PM

Sep 2009
Very awesome ~

WAR !!!!! WAR !!!!
Mar 9, 2011 12:04 AM

Nov 2009
shit just got reeeeeeeal
Mar 9, 2011 10:06 PM

Jun 2008
Good episode, one of the best from the entire series...

I hope the final episodes are just as good.
Mar 11, 2011 11:54 AM

Jun 2009
Sad to say but with only 3 episodes left and the rate of changes they are making it looks like grim prospects for a season 2 *cry*

I have read up to Chapter 42 and just stunned at how many changes they made for reasons that make well no sense at all.
Mar 11, 2011 1:10 PM

Nov 2007
not as boring as recent episodes. I think this is about where I got stalled on the manga. still can't really get into the story or characters much.
Mar 12, 2011 4:00 PM

May 2009
Finally, the Nova have appeared - maybe it'll actually get interesting now. I liked watching all the Pandoras get beamed and assimilated...
Apr 7, 2011 2:36 PM

Aug 2010
T_T even Sensei can't handle that bastard novas, people died. Couldn't they live peacefully like Sawako-chan?
Apr 16, 2011 2:09 AM

Mar 2009
A little boring..
Oct 1, 2011 7:09 AM

Jan 2011
during the Nova fight, it is the first time i feel this series is really interesting
Dec 18, 2011 9:50 PM

Jul 2010
Nachtwandler_21 said:

1) WTF they made with Kathy's story. Why they cut "confession scene" and changed her dream from "I want to marry and have children" to "I want to become a writer". Kyouichi is still in anime so making this small tragic romance story would be better than adding this filler affection of Kazuya. (((

I KNEW IT!!!
i had this weird feeling she was gonna go and say "i want to be a bride" (remembering a scene from Seitokai Yakuindomo, lol)

Jun 5, 2012 1:48 PM

Mar 2012
Finally the Nova appeared...getting interesting
Sep 17, 2012 7:07 PM
Jul 2012
Didn't pay attendtion to the Cathy backstory
4/5
Sep 17, 2012 7:09 PM
Jul 2012
Didn't kinda pay attendtion to the Cathy backstory
4/5
Mar 10, 2013 2:52 PM

Sep 2012
nice episode. I wonder what she'll do now after what she heard.
Nov 8, 2013 3:34 AM

Jun 2011
That was quite intense. The forced drama at the end was unnecessary though, since it's obvious how that will play out.
Nov 29, 2013 11:51 AM

Aug 2013
Damn the Novas fused with Cathy and all the other Pandoras, wtf were they doing?!
My Candies:
Apr 29, 2014 8:15 PM

Feb 2013
Holy shit things are getting intense.
Jul 12, 2014 5:50 PM

May 2012
Pretty impressive development, looking forward to see what's next!
Dec 14, 2014 10:26 PM

Feb 2013
Holy shit did that get intense. Poor Cassie. She didn't survive. Right? Damn. I acually liked her. onto the next episode!
Dec 15, 2014 6:34 AM

Nov 2011
Episode with a background that knows a lot of EVA, but finally the narrative takes off that surface of "almost" normal too overused.
Plot advancing perhaps a little too much.
Combat well thought at first, then a little trivial in the second part, I do not understand why always show a certain immaturity by combatants, when the situation undergoes evolution not covered, but the brain to think they have it? Mah!
Beyond this small flaw, the episode I really liked.
Drawings and animations still not sublime, but acceptable.
I sling immediately on the next episode.
terrablu2003Dec 15, 2014 6:38 AM
Feb 10, 2015 7:32 AM

Jan 2012
She heard him some more drama next week.

Mar 13, 2015 9:04 AM
Jun 2013
ah so they can give out dead peoples stigmata and we know where 12 of them are. I also kinda figured that was the reason she beat the boy. those poor soldiers never stood a chance but we sent them anyway lol. Yea I saw the death flag for this girl once she said she wanted to become a novelist. felt bad for her. Also are we really going to go with the misunderstanding route?
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Freezing Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kiba1996 - Feb 25, 2011

96 by LonelyPanda105 »»
Mar 19, 11:50 AM

Poll: » Freezing Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Feb 18, 2011

94 by LonelyPanda105 »»
Mar 19, 11:15 AM

Poll: » Freezing Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kanade-chan - Feb 12, 2011

78 by LonelyPanda105 »»
Mar 19, 10:55 AM

Poll: » Freezing Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Feb 4, 2011

99 by LonelyPanda105 »»
Mar 19, 10:09 AM

Poll: » Freezing Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Yumekichi11 - Jan 21, 2011

127 by LonelyPanda105 »»
Mar 19, 9:58 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.