Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 3, 2011 8:51 AM

Mar 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

Notice the evil Kyubei in the background...

Sayaka is officially retired now (well, until she gets back her soul gem...) T_T and Kyubei explains the origin of Mahou Shoujo power and his role as incubator. Basically, Mahou Shoujos are basically expendables for Kyubei...

P.S:

Interesting Resemblance. Hmm :)

Mar 3, 2011 8:58 AM

Apr 2009
I CAME BUCKETS.
Mar 3, 2011 9:02 AM

Oct 2008
OmniknightMar 3, 2011 9:26 AM
Mar 3, 2011 9:03 AM

Dec 2007
Anko ;_;

And lol, so this is an SF anime. QB is an alien and mahou shoujo are nothing more than energy sources? I didn't see that coming. I lol'd at QB's "Whenever you feel like dying for the sake of the universe...." line.
Mar 3, 2011 9:09 AM

May 2008
I was pretty disappointed by this episode and QB explanation is very wtf... couldn't help just looping this after watching:

I am a banana.
Mar 3, 2011 9:16 AM
Jan 2010
So... the posters in Sayaka's labyrinth said Kyousuke, and then it had the date and the location... ;_;

Kyouko ;_:

It's raining.
Mar 3, 2011 9:17 AM

Jun 2009
stevewiess01 said:

P.S:

Also because Kyouko was so badass as Nanoha. :P

___
"Kyouko's episode", I loved from the beginning to the end. Giving food (I forgot the name of the candy. damn) as compliance... As expected from Condom-chan.

The fight scenes and the BGM were gorgeous, I liked the classical music as Sayaka-Majo theme song. It suits with her.

Less 2 characters. God, how I'll miss Kyouko. ;_;
Mar 3, 2011 9:23 AM
Dec 2010
I needs sub nao, nao, nao! D:

Epic episode
Mar 3, 2011 9:42 AM
Jan 2010
Oh, guys. Sayaka's witch name seems to be (Oktavia) von Seckendorff.
Mar 3, 2011 11:04 AM

Nov 2007
The anime's going on the top of craziness ever since ep 8, and I'm in love with Kyoko in this ep. (and I'm female)

It's all a trap when Kyoko stayed to fight Sayaka witch (mermaid witch?)... to make Madoka a mahou shoujo...

AND PISSED when there's no ED theme this ep.!
tsubasaloverMar 3, 2011 11:13 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Mar 3, 2011 11:06 AM

Dec 2009
>.< Kyoko will always be badass ; )

Sayake as a witch was awesome, and I really liked the BGM.

So Homura centered episodes next week ? I look forward to it.

Now only Madoka, Homura und Kyubey are left, so things gonna get really serious....
yuno6.jpg
Mar 3, 2011 11:31 AM

Nov 2008
KYUBEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU MONSTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

May your neck be twisted until it tears off.

Poor Kyouko although cruel at times didn't deserve to die like that.

Only 3 remain

"The question is, who will survive?"- Gundam Narrator

I will now proceed to blast Kyubey, he deserves it more than ever, because not only is he evil and enjoys girls dying for his own sastifaction, he uses girls as witch fodder, just because he can.

Mar 3, 2011 12:40 PM

Jul 2010
beings from outer space
?
Mar 3, 2011 12:57 PM

Aug 2009
Ahaha, it looks like QB wanted Madoka to become a mahou shoujo was so that QB could harvest the ultimate grief seed from the ultimate mahou shoujo that Madoka would become. I guessed this a while back, but it looks like it wasn't too far off.

Kind of surprised at the energy source - entropy ordeal thing, though. Didn't think QB and his group were actually out to prevent the heat death of the universe, though it is interesting...

Mar 3, 2011 1:00 PM

Apr 2010
Mar 3, 2011 1:03 PM

Sep 2010
Well, I only had part 2 WITHOUT sound, but the only thing I can say(scream) is:
KYOUKO! NOOOO!
Proud mama and papa of Misha Yuuki* (02-01-2014 - 22-01-2014)
Thank you for the wonderful twenty days you gave us. <3
One day we will meet again..
Mar 3, 2011 1:07 PM

Nov 2007
Just watched the raw, but way too much talk to understand. Read some spoilers though.
Don't know if I got it right, but I think QB needs the energy from the creation of soulgems and griefseeds to keep the energy of the universe flowing, else it's heat dead?
stevewiess01 said:

That scene reminded me sooo much of Bokurano: the chairs in a circle, QB, sacrifice yourself to safe the world.

Sayaka was hard to watch at the beginning, especially her scream.
I liked her barrier: trains and music (Kyousuke) everywhere. Even her name Octavia - octave. And than turning into Andersen's little mermaid. So sad.

Kyouko: I need subs for that. Her prayers and self-sacrifice look like it's her way to redeem herself, but right now it feels like it wasmostly done for dramatic effect.
Mar 3, 2011 1:25 PM
May 2009
Poor Kyouko!!! T_T
It was nice to know that she actually is not homeless...
Mar 3, 2011 1:51 PM

Oct 2010
I have to say that I am currently trenching in a waterfall mess of sadness, depression and anger as I am gathering my thoughts. Of the top of my head of this episode. Kyuubey is Dungbeetle that has someone above him playing around the humans for a ultimate purpose. He is not a devil but “A Alien Devil” due to his action being perceived by us as evil and cruel. He is not amoral but does not understand our emotions but views us as guinea pigs, specifically the females and by us in terms of humans. This all over Bokurano on a much smaller scale shown as Bokurano was entire planets but the fact is that I am officially registering in my mind this series as being the second most depressing series ever! Sayaka’s not saving was sad, I really did appreciate her and the most dag stabbing is Kyoko. I will not forget her,

now will I forget the last of her body in the spoiler
Damn Kyuubey! Die piece of shit alien! Your kind must be destroyed, where the hell is a amazing character to do that? More later.
Yumekichi11Mar 3, 2011 3:51 PM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Mar 3, 2011 2:15 PM

Mar 2010
cleo said:
stevewiess01 said:

That scene reminded me sooo much of Bokurano: the chairs in a circle, QB, sacrifice yourself to safe the world.

I really like how the two chairs are placed over there, facing towards Madoka. It really creates uncomfortable feeling and makes Madoka seem even more vulnerable.

Mar 3, 2011 2:26 PM
Jan 2010
Juansmarts said:
Poor Kyouko!!! T_T
It was nice to know that she actually is not homeless...

That was a hotel.
Mar 3, 2011 2:48 PM

Apr 2008
Damn it Kyouko, just like Mami I was really liking you and now you're dead ;_;
Mar 3, 2011 3:32 PM
Dec 2010
I haven't watched it but all I could find are the raw versions...

Must turn eyes away from spoilers.
Mar 3, 2011 4:14 PM

Oct 2010
About Madoka/Kyuubey, there will also be another section about Madoka and Kyoko since she is the other friend that Madoka got to know to be friendly with despite really not liking her at all due to what she did to Sayaka. The revealing of Kyuubey of all this space alien BS was atrocious. Aliens have always been known to abuse humans because that what was seen by humans as being evil by them since it involved most of the time pain that perhaps they are not accustomed to at all since they are completely different beings. This definitely like Cleo mentions reminds me Bokurano Simply because of the spoiler
notice also those dolls on the chairs, can easily be representation of witches having been dead the way they are placed. Also wonder that chair with the light must be another BS of Kyuubey to tell Madoka she will be humanity’s Savior. One has to wonder not far in all this, having his souls transformed into object that ultimately if not met a certain condition makes that person into a mutative monster known as a witch that preys on others of its kind because itself was like them and cannot be anymore like them. That monster being formed of that person’s memories being what is precious most to it and forming its domain on any terrain. The worst I fear is that that persons soul may be completely destroyed since it becomes the witch itself and what remains of it as a grief seed is collected by Kyuubey for who knows what. Perhaps completely purging to fuel up some energy to something, ultimately leading to isolation and elimination of that very soul of anyone that were humans and females.

I hated the piece of shit to see during that part here and there. Kept thinking “More bullshit from bull shiter that shits on our female kind.” Think of it as Duke Nukem thinking. Ultimately the way Madoka’s expression was, he sadness and unfairness at it all was quite clear moreover it is just so damn annoying that she could be so useless towards it. Truly there needs to be like in Bokurano, A) Someone to end the cycle and sacrifice themselves to end it altogether. Kind of like how Bokurano ended. That person may now be none other than Homura. Having only Madoka as her light to support her in all this darkness.

About Madoka with Kyouko, once it becomes interesting as Kyoko from far could talk to Madoka in telepathy form while she was Hitomi. I liked her meeting with Kyouko where a serious conversation stemmed while the scenery was not that bad. From the looks during that conversation of the water droplet, it was obvious Homura spied on them easily and thus I think she was kind of a like a Lin that could spy on anymore through water for one thing among other possibilities. Nice hand shake there Kyouko with Madoka as it was a treat offering. As Madoka tried to talk to Sayaka, it quite failed miserably despite that Kyoko did protect her with a larger barrier never before seen. Madoka in her failure almost got killed but was rescued fine by Homura. In the end I hope she makes a pact with someone that hates Kyuubey’s guts such as someone among his fellow beings.

About Sayaka, Sayaka sadly, T_T, is done for. She is no more and the miracle never comes. The beginning of her in the spoiler
was quite grandiose as it showed the dark eerie intro the spiraled to insanity and easily a O_O expression. What exactly do the following runes mean? Is it just the name like someone mentions or more? As the rails started out I kept wondering their meanings only to find out that was due to the environment since Madoka was walking around them. Sayaka’s body is no more. That body lying down with Madoka is now but just a shell that the witch holds the key that has to enter again in that body to make her once again be normal like in the beginning of the series. I would also appreciate that someone can tell me what meaning of the posters are. In the following spoiler
clearly the memories of Sayaka that I would think are Madoka/Homura and Kyouko. The background for one is of people playing violin and the other view of it is of a maestro leading them with the red things being seats for people to watch. I am thinking more of these being containers for the souls she may capture of people as the place suggests she may have devoured some workers already, perhaps waiting to hatch as her familiars.

Sayaka’s form in the spoiler
is to be feared and grossed out as I make it to be some kind of three face with a eye each, armor and a big ass sword that is long as well as destructive as in one swing it breaks the floor under Kyouko. Madoka trying to talk to it resulted a in very grotesque show of a blob Sayaka soul losing its eyes. Serious WTF is that? I am seeing it as Sayaka trying to break free but her vision being lost has her senses lost completely where she can not get out and can only go back doing what she is meant to, that of getting a army for herself of familiars. From the looks of Kyouko slicing of her arm lots of blood gush suggest 2 things, 1. Is that the blood of witch retains the color of their soul gem and 2.they are a being that has grown into a giant (Nephilim anyone?) as well as being a life that is still alive. For anyone information of my opinion of Sayaka’s mermaid tail, I think it’s because it represents her longing for beauty and singing as I would think she wanted to sing with Kamijou while he plays the violin as a future wife of his. Thus a girl who sings has to take care of her beauty due to her appearance and also the fact that mermaids always liked to save sailors while loving singing as well as being quite scary when a that love of theirs betrays them. At the very least if it’s seen like that. You can also Kamijou at one point in her lair.

About Kyouko, MVP to me that got lost just made me make more of GIFs of her and cherish them far more the ones made in my profile. As the saying goes “You don’t realize the importance of things till you lose them.” At first I was not too fond of her with Sayaka but was not to angered at it until I appreciated Kyouko more and in the end this episode saddened me with her death. From the very start it was easy to see her regret over Sayaka’s body that is lifeless as she is truly the last one to see Sayaka in human form. Naturally her anger got the best of her as she really got on Homura’s case through that grab. Loved Kyouko’s angry face here. It was marvelous. It was not only nice to see Kyouko’s place as a high story apartment building but also that she took care of Sayaka’s body while being lifeless. Sounds like from the looks of all this food a party of eating is about to start. I was a little curious as to why Kyouko’s soul gem reacted with Sayaka’s lifeless body. I was hoping it may translate into sharing your soul with Sayaka’s body in order to make her come back but guess not. Guess they showed a good crotch shot of Kyouko, whom kind of appreciated now that I think back to her death.

Now that’s what I call eating aggressively in the spoiler
and not just the apple was her victim. She sure stocked up on lots of food from the looks of it here, among it pocky, chips, pudding and melon bread. Guess the worrying starts as I see Kyouko’s soul gem being tainted already. Thus the forcing into fighting other witches has come. Despite Kyouko’s blaming herself whom I completely understand, I liked her serious pose. Her face close up with those fangs was great! I like that. Dango, dango eating? Nice to see also, as they did not show that kind of food yet as far as I remember it. A nice clear zoom of the soul gem shows the true aspects of the soul itself being all white and pure. Something seen in other shows. Not sure what the significance of the Love Me Do stick planting is but I would be curious to know. Kyouko was seriously abused by Sayaka as I am not sure as to why there was such a resistance of hers at first. Clearly it may be to give Madoka some time to talk to Sayaka in persuading her to return as a soul gem. Kyouko did have trouble with containing the power of Sayaka 's attacks so much that the wheels hitting her electrified her and Sayaka was only thinking in them piercing Kyouko’s body. You can see clearly Sayaka’s nude body in abstract form in the spoiler
while that abstraction showed the nude of Kyouko in a ultimate fashion to show the innocence of Kyouko wanting to take care of Sayaka.

Remember they are both virgins as they never had any relations with any guys. Also it looked like all that abstraction was mixed up with Sayaka’s blood IMO ultimately leading to a uzumaki (spiral in Japanese). Kyouko was beautiful here when falling under the broken ground as she is wishing God to come. I would want to also. In the end as Homura came to save Madoka like most likely Kyouko was wishing for, she started a ultima spell that at first started to damage her with wounds and transformed into a huge Kyouko spear! Epic stuff IMO. What ended her life is clearly her jewel being broken and a M.A.D. ultima in the spoiler
as breaking that jewel meant that she destroyed her soul gem, sadly I am T_T at that part. I have no more to say about Kyouko.

Rest in spoiler
About preview, hoping Homura will kill Kyuubey and stop all this cycle. This week’s art of Kyouko in the spoiler
I like it personally.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Mar 3, 2011 4:30 PM

Feb 2010
Gah, Kyoko was my favorite of the bunch. Can't say I didn't see it coming though.
Mar 3, 2011 4:32 PM
Aug 2009
Well, what some of us were predicting a few weeks ago came to fruition, Sayaka and Kyouko died together. I have a feeling we will get to know just who Homura is next week. Waiting for the next episode sucks, but next week should be pretty interesting.
Mar 3, 2011 4:36 PM

Jul 2010
Kyoko just beat Homura for my favorite character. Since she's gone and Homura is still around, Homura may yet claim the position.

I thought it was cool that Sayaka's witch form was a reflection of the person she wished to help. The musical notes as well as the actual STAGE of the battle was brilliant. It was also interesting how Sayaka seemed to play the conductor's role in her own realm.

Ah, Kyoko, why did you have to die? I wish you had stayed around for longer than you had. Somehow I knew in the beginning of this episode Kyubey was telling her those things just to mislead her. He may put on an act of not knowing the weight of his words in the human's eyes, but he does. Else he wouldn't see a reason to never tell them.

Lesson in life: Never agree to a contract until you read the fine print. :D
Mar 3, 2011 4:56 PM

Nov 2010
This show has left me speechless once again.
Mar 3, 2011 5:07 PM

Oct 2009
Oh man, now both Sayaka and Kyouko are gone. ;_; I can't say that I didn't see it coming...but it sucks. I was beginning to really like Kyouko too. Now all that's left is Homura and Madoka.

It was really sad to see Madoka sobbing over Sayaka's body like that. But her witch form is very interesting.

I kind of wanted Madoka to lash out on Kyubey more when he visited her in her room. I can't stand him anymore. He still makes a great villain though.

The wait for next Thursday begins...
Mar 3, 2011 5:11 PM
Nov 2010
they killed off two of them? In the Same episode?!?!
Your argument is therefore Invalid.
Mar 3, 2011 5:11 PM

Dec 2010
Kyoko was the character I liked the less up until now, but this episode changed it. She went out in a blaze of glory. Badass up to the very end, weren't you Kyoko?

She lived fast, and died likewise. I think any of us would wish for such a fine ending.

I am sadder for Sayaka. It is rather unfortunate they weren't able to save her, but they tried, and I think in the end she realized they cared about her. She fought harder than any witch we'd seen so far, and I think it was because of that.
And for that, even though I would have liked to have seen her be saved, it was a very dignifying end for her.

And, in a way, she accomplished her goal: as her stint as a witch was short, she ended up saving more people than the ones she killed, and thus was, in her short passage through this world, a positive force for the universe.

Entropy... sorry QB, but I don't buy it. I am sure his intentions extend further than the ones he stated. After all, his race has the abilitiy of making wishes come true. It's hard to imagine Entropy and Heat Death would be a problem to them.

And lastly... I am sorry, everyone, but this episode pretty much sets Madoka on track to become a Puella. Homura will try her best, but right now, there is simply no way this will end without Madoka becoming a Puella, or at the very least give us a glimpse of her powers in some other way.
"Tonight, I sit in the eye of the storm. As fire boils around me, I press forward, winds and lightning lashing my wings. I am no match for what I face. Yet I will not back down, and though fear may place it's stranglehold on my heart, courage will see me through. With tears in my eyes, I hit full throttle. My engines become an inferno, and my weapons light up, awaiting my command.

If I die tonight, I will do so fighting for everything I believe in."

Mar 3, 2011 5:29 PM
Mar 2010
"Call me if you feel like dying for the universe"
Didn't expect QB to be part of an extraterrestrial species, and they are trying to prevent the universe from running out of energy from entropy...

Great, the episode I decided, "Hey, I think I really like Kyoko, she's pretty badass," she dies. Although I anticipated her death to be soon.
Mar 3, 2011 5:30 PM
Jul 2018
WTF? that sucks
being a mahou shoujo basically means you're a walking time bomb
Mar 3, 2011 5:38 PM

Jul 2010
I have to admit, I laughed when Kyubey make that remark about calling him if you feel like dying for the universe. "Operators are standing by!"

Poor Kyoko-chan. Next episode can't come fast enough.
Mar 3, 2011 5:41 PM

Jul 2008
"-Vid" said:
however, how does that do any good if most of the grief seeds are actually used by the girls to cleanse their soul gem? It's just.. kind of illogical, unless the energy is stored in the soul gem, which later on turns into a grief seed, and somehow ends up with Kyubey.

The Grief Seed absorbs the taint from Mahou Shoujo's gem. If anything, it gives it more fuel.

"-Vid" said:
Also - how do the witches and mahou shoujo begin? So far we havn't been told how exactly witches are created. We do know that they are basically fallen mahou shoujo, but are there other ways? I mean, think about it. If the first girl makes a contract, there is no witch for her to fight.

They told the first ones to fight crime or something.
Mar 3, 2011 5:41 PM

Jan 2008
My mind is full of win. And speculah.

Also, NOOOOOOO KYOUKOOOOOO ;_;
Mar 3, 2011 5:42 PM
Jan 2011
So... so far in this anime, there is a bait and switch attraction. Seemingly cute and happy, then it tears out your heart and rips it into shreds. Everybody can die. Everybody is expendable. Cube (you choose how to spell it, it's all short for the same name) is a starfish alien here to take away your life force in the form of a grief seed. Everybody suffers. Homura is from an alternate time here to stop Madoka form becoming a mahou shoujo (cough cough witch). I think this is all Kyuubey's fault!
Let's kill him!
Oh wait... Kyubey has several bodies and seemingly undefeatable (unless you kill all the bodies, but for all we know, Kuubey has several million bodies)

God this anime is depressing and dark. It's terrifying :)
Mar 3, 2011 5:48 PM
Jan 2011
-Vid said:
A-ma-zing. I am, once again, completely speechless. The truth about Kyubey / the incubators has been revealed, now we all know why he acts so cold.

Oh, a question popped up in my head. Kyubey said that he needs the Grief Seeds to reveal the energy inside them (as shown in a previous episode), however, how does that do any good if most of the grief seeds are actually used by the girls to cleanse their soul gem? It's just.. kind of illogical, unless the energy is stored in the soul gem, which later on turns into a grief seed, and somehow ends up with Kyubey.

Also - how do the witches and mahou shoujo begin? So far we havn't been told how exactly witches are created. We do know that they are basically fallen mahou shoujo, but are there other ways? I mean, think about it. If the first girl makes a contract, there is no witch for her to fight.

Anyway, the episode had a lot of great details, such as the chairs that may have referred to Bokurano as previously stated, which is awesome because I love Bokurano as well. :)

Buhbye Kyoko - she really turned into a great character in the end. We still don't know who Homura is, though. On the plus side, we have confirmed her power now.. or a part of it, at least?

The first puella/witches were probably failed experiments of another race. Perhaps they deteriorated too quickly and became instant witches. The incubators brought them to earth, recruited human puellas to fight the foreign combatants and became witches themselves and inevitably, consumed for their energy. That's my theory.

Iilia said:
Kyoko just beat Homura for my favorite character. Since she's gone and Homura is still around, Homura may yet claim the position.

I thought it was cool that Sayaka's witch form was a reflection of the person she wished to help. The musical notes as well as the actual STAGE of the battle was brilliant. It was also interesting how Sayaka seemed to play the conductor's role in her own realm.

Ah, Kyoko, why did you have to die? I wish you had stayed around for longer than you had. Somehow I knew in the beginning of this episode Kyubey was telling her those things just to mislead her. He may put on an act of not knowing the weight of his words in the human's eyes, but he does. Else he wouldn't see a reason to never tell them.

Lesson in life: Never agree to a contract until you read the fine print. :D

What they needed to do was ask more questions, but i wouldn't think to ask if kuubye was a starfish alien with the intent of consuming our energy after we inevitably became a witch, the very thing we sought to fight.
SaitoeMar 3, 2011 7:04 PM
Mar 3, 2011 5:54 PM

Nov 2009
cleo said:

stevewiess01 said:

First thing that came to my mind as well.
Mar 3, 2011 5:55 PM

Apr 2009
@Yumekichi11, amazing post, as usual. You asked about runes few times - their readings are available here - http://wiki.puella-magi.net/Runes:Episode_9 - the Puella Magi Wiki is a good resource overall, be sure to read - and edit if you feel like it.

Anyway, I watched it live, but didn't really understand much. Just rewatched with subs, and... well, to be honest, it was one of the worse episodes so far to me. Don't get me wrong, it was still amazing, because of the enormously high level of the whole series, but, you know, after episodes like 8th, your expectations wind up quite.

So Kyubey is not a devil, he's an alien... he's confirmed to be amoral (at least by himself) and he's using our little girls to produce energy so that the universe won't die. Oh well... it's (almost) the only logical explanation, and the fandom predicted much of it already, but still it sounded quite cheap to me. Probably just because now he lost all of his mystery, built so carefully through the previous 8 episodes. It was... kinda like the midi-chlorians talk in Star Wars: The Phantom Menace. But anyway, quite interesting point is that he's the Big Bad from the human perspective, but the Big Good from the universe perspective. Will someone (Madoka?) have to decide for all the humanity about sacrificing our kind (or part of it) for the greater good? It may get interesting if played right.

His "amorality" shows up in quite tremendous way when he's dodging Kyouko's question about whether Sayaka can be saved ("none, as far as I know", "nobody has tried it yet", and all the similar bullshit), but said straight "it's impossible" to Homura. That bastard is manipulating those girls to achieve what he wants to achieve... though he probably doesn't understand that's evil. It's kinda coarse, but I believe that Urobuchi really wanted to portray him as truly amoral. One evidence of that is his apparent inability to straight-out lie, as he was dodging the question instead of saying "it may be possible if you tried" or something like that.

Kyouko's and Madoka's desperate try to save Sayaka (or should I say, Octavia von Seckendorff) with Kyouko sacrificing herself in the end was definitely the highlight of tonight's episode. But it was also depressing like hell. They were trying so hard, but genuine and pure human emotions seem to be essentially powerless in the end. Is that how Urobuchi sees the world? It's cruel, but (sadly) true, to some extent. The BGMs in those scenes were building the atmosphere really great, too. Kyouko had the purest intentions, but in the end, all that Kyouko achieved was fulfilling Kyubey's plans... Could there be anything more sad?

Oh, I almost forgot:
Does that mean that Kyousuke actually got kissed by Sayaka? I hope not... It would be too sad to have yet another character dead...

On a side note: does anyone else think that Madoka calling Kyouko "Kyouko-chan" sounded somewhat strange? Well, we have rarely seen her being addressed directly to begin with, and the "-chan" honorific just didn't seem to suit her. It was totally like Madoka, but still it was strange to hear Kyouko being called like that.

And after seeing the credits scene... to sum things up, Kyubey desperately wants Madoka to become a Puella Magi, which would be the greatest Puella Magi to date, then turn into a witch (again, the greatest one) and give the universe a tremendous amount of energy. In other words, Madoka is like a massive oil field to Kyubey's society, which is under a petroleum crisis at the moment. That's depressing like hell... Madoka is the kind of person who may happily take that position, though.

Hopefully, she's got quite angry at Kyubey. Keep it up!

I'm not hyped up as much as I was a week ago, but still I'm looking forward to the next episodes. It's interesting how things will eventually wrap up.
BalibuliMar 3, 2011 6:25 PM
Mar 3, 2011 5:56 PM

Dec 2007
Looks like it's going as I thought. QB being evil as ever. I laughed hard when he and Madoka were talking xD.

Seems like the first episode part really is a premonition.

stevewiess01 said:

They both wield spears too xP.
Mar 3, 2011 5:58 PM
May 2009
Something tells me that this isn't going to be a happy ending.
Mar 3, 2011 5:58 PM
Feb 2011
-Vid said:

Oh, a question popped up in my head. Kyubey said that he needs the Grief Seeds to reveal the energy inside them (as shown in a previous episode), however, how does that do any good if most of the grief seeds are actually used by the girls to cleanse their soul gem? It's just.. kind of illogical, unless the energy is stored in the soul gem, which later on turns into a grief seed, and somehow ends up with Kyubey.

QB said that if the mahou shoujo turns into witch, her power will rise and therefore it's more useful for them as an cursed energy source. Accumulated bad emotions such as despair and regrets over their wishes can be cleansed (absorbed) by grief seed and this again increase power of the grief seed. It's just like filtering the stuff that QB don't need and gather all necessary energy in one spot - grief seed.

-Vid said:

It's simple, contract couple girls, especially those who need a wish for their partner/family and see how it turns out to be different from what they thought it would. Sayaka is a good example here, besides if there's no witches, that means they won't be able to cleanse their soul gem, which will speed up the process to mature into witches.
Mar 3, 2011 6:00 PM

Dec 2010
I really hope the sci-fi stuff Kyubey says is just some sort of cover up story to convince Madoka, lol. It is the weakest part of this series so far, a species to collect energy from magical girls when they turn into witches. That made me say "meh..."

A few episodes back when I thought about what came first, a witch or a magical girl, chicken egg problem, I was thinking obviously an enemy besides witches existed. Well I guess that enemy is now just Kyubey and whoever it serves.
Mar 3, 2011 6:05 PM

Nov 2007
Iisan-kun said:
So, Sakura Kyouko confirmed lesbian?
...Come on guys, I seriously couldn't have been the only one who was thinking about it...

Um, no. everyone's thinking it but it's like how Homura is gay for Madoka. :)

This episode was... amazing. A little on the bland size of epic, though.

Mar 3, 2011 6:11 PM

Dec 2007
niuster said:
It's simple, contract couple girls, especially those who need a wish for their partner/family and see how it turns out to be different from what they thought it would. Sayaka is a good example here, besides if there's no witches, that means they won't be able to cleanse their soul gem, which will speed up the process to mature into witches.

It was probably a lot easier back then too.

QB: I'll grant you any wish and even give you magical powers!
Innocent girl: Really? Thank you, you're the best! <3
QB: Don't mention it.
Innocent girl: How come my soul gem is turning black?
QB: Oh don't worry about that. Just an indication that energy is increasing.
Innocent girl: Oh cool, that means the more I use, the more powerful my magic?
QB: I suppose.
Innocent girl: OMGWTFBBQ?
QB: w00t, my first witch. Just as planned.
Mar 3, 2011 6:14 PM

Nov 2008
I couldn't deny the fact that Kyouko is dead since I saw her soul gem broke down to pieces... It was about the time that I liked her much but now she's gone... T____T I wish Kyouko continues to be cold so that she won't die in that situation...

Now that Sayaka and Kyouko are gone, the premonition is almost near... Homura will be in pinch fighting the Walpurgis alone and Madoka being persuaded by Kyubei to be a mahou shoujo... Of course Homura couldn't stop Madoka and we all know how kind Madoka is... She might sell herself to Kyubei in order to save Homura... Hoping for a miracle to happen xDD

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Mar 3, 2011 6:15 PM

Sep 2009
Week in and week out, this show breaks my heart.
Mar 3, 2011 6:15 PM

Jan 2010
And for tonight's top story "Aliens turn human girls into magical girls which then turn into witches".

More at a 11
Ok™
Mar 3, 2011 6:16 PM

Dec 2008
Go to hell, Kyubei!!! Just go straight to hell you evil, deceptive, rabbit-cat-fox thingy!!!

I can't for the life of me see Madoka still becoming a Puelle Magi after all that she's witnessed and learned. She'd have to be stupid!!
Pages (10) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Apr 21, 2011

1541 by Biisoo »»
Apr 15, 2:44 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Apr 21, 2011

229 by Biisoo »»
Apr 15, 2:11 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Mar 10, 2011

704 by Biisoo »»
Apr 15, 1:41 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Feb 24, 2011

627 by Biisoo »»
Apr 15, 12:51 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Feb 10, 2011

523 by Biisoo »»
Apr 15, 11:18 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.