Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Apr 7, 2011 10:20 PM

Feb 2010
When I first started watching but didn't know it was anime?
Digimon.
When I started watching it knowing it was anime?
Inuyasha.
When I started watching knowing it was anime and finally become something of an active fan?
Cardcaptor Sakura (the dealbreaker. The game-changer. I would not be into the medium as much as I am now if it weren't for her).
Apr 7, 2011 10:58 PM

Apr 2011
-Ange_L said:
Because of GOKU!!! xD

Haha, this! :D

Well to be honest my friend used to watch lots of anime and I guess it came that way ;)
Where there's smoke, they pinch back.
Apr 7, 2011 11:54 PM

Jan 2011
I was watching some cartoons back then. Then I saw this cool Naruto anime.
I wondered "Woah, the animation looks cool! So I browsed the internet from there. Typed in anime, then BAM.
Apr 8, 2011 3:42 AM

Dec 2009
Juggs.
Apr 8, 2011 4:00 AM

Apr 2011
Unknowingly watched anime as "cartoons" in primary school years like digimon, dbz, pokemon, yu-gi-oh, then came naruto around the start of highschool which served as a turning point. We only got the first season in australia though and i wanted more so went online and watched the rest of it while learning it was "anime", this lead to bleach and etc... then began my long chain of anime.
Apr 8, 2011 9:52 AM

Apr 2011
Inuyasha! It started my anime and learning Japanese obsession DX
Apr 8, 2011 10:18 AM

Mar 2011
My classmates used to talk about anime the whole time, so I guess that was the reason I started watching anime.
Apr 8, 2011 1:06 PM

Mar 2011
I got into anime because televison didn't have enough hot chicks with guns :D. But really I found animes to be something special, like an endless flow of imagination, and emotion incorperated into various different series, which somehow brought a greater experiance, then anything I'd seen before it.

Apr 8, 2011 1:09 PM

Apr 2011
Sitting in front of the TV watching toonami because there wasn't anything else as awesome on at the time. :)
Apr 8, 2011 1:13 PM

Sep 2010
Cosplay. I was forced to cosplay Takeshi from KHR who, at that time, I haven't even saw even a photograph.

I started reading manga and eventually, watching the anime.
Apr 8, 2011 1:14 PM

Jan 2009
a group of geeks back in high school intro'd me
Apr 8, 2011 1:18 PM

Sep 2010
Chidashi said:
a group of geeks back in high school intro'd me

And became one of them, eh?
Apr 8, 2011 3:28 PM
Feb 2011
My classmates
Apr 8, 2011 3:32 PM

Mar 2011
I ve watched anime long since i knew what they were, but the real reason i started as a fan was my best friend, you can say he taught me how to love anime and then i got a bigger fan then him xD
Apr 8, 2011 4:19 PM
May 2010
WEll it was when i was at walmart one time and i saw a book called Fruits Basket and well i have been hook on anime ever since!
Apr 8, 2011 4:46 PM

Mar 2011
My first anime i guess would be Naruto, lol since i heard about it from my friends and i wanted to see it. After that I was pretty much hooked lol was one after another. ^.^
Apr 8, 2011 7:30 PM

Sep 2010
I watched pokemon and yu-gi-oh as a kid but I never really got into anime until youtube decided to put full length tv shows up. One of the more popular shows was gundam 00, so I gave it a try. Next thing I know, I watched, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Naruto, Shuffle, and tons of others, and I was hooked.
Apr 8, 2011 10:30 PM

Mar 2011
What got me into anime? Perhaps it was my own interest.. I think Yu Yu Hakusho was the first anime I've watched.. That was in the early 90's
Apr 9, 2011 11:47 PM
Jan 2009
This girl that was in my class was obsessed with naruto and drew all the time and i was like omg that is so cool :) and she's like ya its a really good anime and so i went home looked it up and have been hooked on all sorts of anime since then!
Apr 10, 2011 4:05 AM

Mar 2011
I think my friend was playing bleach heat the soul 5 or 6 game for psp and to me it looked cool so i decided to watch the anime bleach to see the past storyline and the ultra long filler in the middle put me off >< so I watched other anime and got major addiction :D
Apr 10, 2011 11:44 AM

Mar 2011
Started with sporadic watching of Yu Gi Oh, Pokemon, Gundam Seed, Naruto and DBZ episodes on TV. This led me to desperately want to watch more of Gundam Seed but I lacked the means to acquire episodes back then ;), so I went I went for my second choice, watching all of Naruto on YouTube. This led to watching Bleach and the Shonen Jump popular anime and before I knew it I was watching Death Note on YouTube too. That pretty much sealed the deal and I've been hooked ever since. Once I 'discovered' the wonders of the internet, I ended up satisfying that Gundam urge too =P
Apr 10, 2011 12:48 PM

Mar 2011
I started watching anime when I was...two or three I think. I was hooked on Sailor moon when I moved for the first time and I sat at home and watched it every day when I got home from preschool, and then when I got home from pre-K the next year. Eventually it transferred to Pokemon, Card Captors, Digimon, and by third grade I started watching more and more and now I am hooked. :)
Apr 10, 2011 2:38 PM
Apr 2011
first was Naruto [which I now hate with heart and soul] next was bleach and with each terrible anime I was desperate for a good one then I went to Borders and found Death Note and was hooked from then on
Apr 10, 2011 3:39 PM

Jan 2010
Back in the 90s, I remember being 5 and having a Hollywood Video about 6 minutes away from my house. My dad decided to rent a VHS copy of Princess Mononoke. Then a few years later my mom started bringing home some "comic books" one of her co-workers gave her.
I feel a great sense of nostalgia whenever I go back to my roots and open up some old copies of Shonen Jump or watch Princess Mononoke.
Apr 10, 2011 10:06 PM

Oct 2010
The internet and Haruhi Suzumiya.
Apr 11, 2011 9:17 AM

Nov 2009
I guess it would of been my older brother. One day he asked if we (my other brother and I) wanted to pitch in and buy the DBZ seasons that FUNimation was releasing. I thought we may as well, because it was my favourite show as a kid, and I presumed I would still like it.

We bought all 9 seasons as they were being released, as well as the movies, GT, and even ordered the original DB (before FUNimation officially announced they were releasing it). I also watched Pokemon over the period of a couple months. I didn't even realize I was watching anime, until one day I decided to watch Inuyasha all of a sudden.

So, ultimately it was my brother, but I think I began watching Inuyasha after seeing a random video on Youtube of one of the Ending animations.
Apr 11, 2011 10:43 AM
Apr 2011
Started liking thanks to TV. Initially I didn't know it was japaneese, but anime seemed somehow different - in terms of humor, character designs, profany etc. My first shows were: Daimos, Dash Kappei (aka Gigi), Yattaman, Captain Tsubasa, Sailor Moon - many kids have watched these, but it wasn't until I came across Evangelion series, that I became specifically interested.
Apr 11, 2011 6:21 PM

Apr 2011
I've been watching it before I even knew what anime WAS. (i.e. Pokemon, DBZ, Sailor Moon, etc.) I think when I saw Spirited Away was when I realized how truly awesome anime could be! ^_^

Apr 13, 2011 5:34 PM
Apr 2011
Well, Pokemon came out around the time I really got into watching tv - I had no idea it was an anime though until February last year when I stumbled onto Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni on youtube. I was just clicking on random videos that looked interesting and I clicked on the english dub of Higurashi and it was love at first watch - hehe :3
I began to research and found the world of anime - a world I'm glad I stumbled across.
~BesuChan~
Apr 15, 2011 6:40 PM
Apr 2011
I used to watch the minor animes like Sailor Moon but my friend showed me other anime and I literally loved it !!! Now I am becoming a full otaku!

-hitachiinlover
Apr 15, 2011 6:56 PM

Apr 2011
I guess watching anime related things on Tv when i was 9 got me into watching all kinds of anime, and my friends asking me to check out if a anime is good or not before they watch it. Now i'm watching every anime I can get my hands on. :L
Apr 15, 2011 7:09 PM

Jan 2011
What got me into anime's was my friend from uni started to watch them in the middle of class, and i was always curious on how many anime's were out there and thats how it all started with me....
Apr 15, 2011 8:15 PM

Mar 2011
I first learned about anime from TV. I became more interested on watching more because I use it as anti-stress in my hectic college life.
Apr 15, 2011 10:18 PM

Apr 2011
Back in the mid to late 90's, Sci-fi Channel use to air anime movies and they had a week long event where they showed a couple anime's a night. If I remember correctly, they were Galaxy Express 999 movie, Fatal Fury motion picture, Urusei Yatsura: Beautiful Dreamer, Akira and a few others. Akira was heart stopper for a ultra-violence loving 13 year old boy. To fuel the fire, I believe a friend of mine also showed me Ninja scroll around the same time.
~
Apr 16, 2011 6:58 AM

Nov 2008
When I was a kid I used to watch sailormoon from tv, then got older and while searching for sailormoon in internet found the whole other world called "anime" and just couldn't get my self out of it.
Apr 16, 2011 1:40 PM

Feb 2008
My friends in high school.

“That which does not kill us makes us stronger.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Apr 16, 2011 2:16 PM

Apr 2011
Back in the mid-90's, my buddy gave me an old VHS tape with a boatload of Ranma 1/2 episodes recorded onto it. I thought it was awesome, so I started hunting for other anime.
Fuzzy Pickles!
Apr 16, 2011 5:54 PM

Dec 2008
first show a watched was dragonball liked it alot back in the days, though it was first when i was older, a friend showed me a "cartoon" he had just brught (full metal panic) and that was what got me into anime.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Why were children’s anime dubs so unappreciated?

funtime43_tr - Today

24 by Zarutaku »»
2 minutes ago

» Characters that ya think are a Genderbent You

IpreferEcchi - Apr 15

29 by 0arche »»
14 minutes ago

» I made a fake anime seasonal chart using AI. Which of these sounds interesting to you? ( 1 2 )

FFandMMfan - Apr 13

92 by Dracowyn »»
17 minutes ago

» What is your most re-watched anime? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 15

84 by Spunkert »»
26 minutes ago

Poll: » Do you tend to watch newer seasonal shows, or older shows?

Akuya - 5 hours ago

22 by NubFix »»
30 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.