Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 25, 2011 6:48 PM

Sep 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
A CHALLENGER APPEARS XD

Antoinette is so mischievous! I feel sorry for the Prince.
I'd be fed up with him too but it wouldn't be so bad if they BOTH tried.

and ooo I can just smell all the trouble that's gonna stem from this ep lol
I'm rly liking this show!

Sep 2, 2011 1:38 PM

Feb 2010
Definitely feeling sorry for the prince here, poor fella :(

Fersen definitely will get more intimate with Antoinette sooner or later, but the attempt to rush the rumors failed once again because of sheer luck (a bit much luck, as always), but they sure never fail to kill all witnesses.

But I guess everyone who feared that Fersen might Disturb Oscar and Andres relationship can relax now it's made obvious that he will go for Antoinette.

I'm sad Andres grandma didn't reappear after the first episodes. Also Jeanne seems out of the picture again. I hope she wasn't just some one episode side story. Would be a waste.
I probably regret this post by now.
Nov 28, 2011 7:24 PM

Jun 2009
These last couple of episodes have been pretty good, I'm definitely seeing potential here. The overdramatic scenes still kind of stick out, but it isn't bothering me as much as it did the first time I tried to watch this series. If anything it adds to the charm in some ways.
Ston3_FreeN7Nov 28, 2011 7:29 PM
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Sep 24, 2012 3:33 AM

Sep 2008
insan3soldiern said:
The overdramatic scenes still kind of stick out, but it isn't bothering me as much as it did the first time I tried to watch this series. If anything it adds to the charm in some ways.

Ah, the characteristics of a lot of these old, "shoujo-type" anime series. :P ("Shoujo-type" in brackets because, well, it's hard to categorise this one. The drawing style seems like the kind seen in older shoujo series, but I can't imagine people being killed as often and as much in a pure shoujo anime...)

Higashi_no_Kaze said:
But I guess everyone who feared that Fersen might Disturb Oscar and Andres relationship can relax now it's made obvious that he will go for Antoinette.

I wasn't even thinking that was plausible... I gave up on this couple from the get-go, since "Oscar" seems so focused on her job and duties protecting the Crown couple. XD Would still be interested in seeing if it plays out, though.
Feb 12, 2013 2:03 AM

Sep 2010
Fersen is quite charming. It will be interesting to see how the love affair will play out, but it will probably end terribly for the both of them.

du Barry is becoming more of a bitch. I hope she dies. xP
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Oct 11, 2013 12:13 AM

Jul 2008
Man if the Prince had a pair this never would have happened. You already married her, hard part over man.
Mar 9, 2014 11:26 PM

Jul 2013
Hah. I finally was able to confirm that this one was the show that traumatized me a bit when i was a little.

Someone from our family borrowed the VHS with this episode from our neighbors when i was around 4-5 years old and the stabbed corpse really frightened me at time. For years and year i couldn't sleep my back facing the room because that would have given opportunity to someone stab me in the back.
Mar 27, 2014 5:27 PM

Jan 2014
I really really really want Oscar to fall in love already... preferably with Andre :P
Sep 28, 2014 6:21 PM

Mar 2012
I just love it when plans get foiled >:D

WolfWood37 said:
Man if the Prince had a pair this never would have happened. You already married her, hard part over man.

lol
Sep 29, 2014 6:21 PM

Jul 2011
I can't decide who I dislike more: the jealous mistress who kills everyone off and plays fox, the sickeningly spoiled brat princess who's having an affair, or the stupid people who fall in love with her and thinks she's an angel. >>

I expected this to be more about the revolution, blehhhh. Not so much of Marie Antoinette and her melodramatic lavish lifestyle. :/

The plots to kill off Antoinette keep me watching right now. >__<
Dec 17, 2014 6:01 PM

Dec 2012
I wish I saw some more Oscar.. not that I don't mind Antoninette.
Mar 9, 2015 1:16 PM

Apr 2014
finally getting better, still want more Oscar. I guess we'll see her more later on when every other character had their spotlight. this is called Rose of Versailles after all, which is supposed to be Oscar. however I love the Oscar, Andre, and Girodelle trio lol

loving how realistic this is though, Marie may be innocent and childish but she's very naive which will lead her to be a terrible queen. and as much as I love Oscar, she has many terrible flaws as well

wonder who Oscar will fall in love with, Andre, Marie, or someone else?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 5, 2016 2:23 PM
Nov 2014
Madame du Barry is one ruthless SOB. Oscar is the dark knight of this show imo, not a protagonist. Poor Prince btw, Marie is a cheating scum.
Jun 7, 2016 11:32 AM

Jan 2013
Probably the best episode so far.
Madame due Barry proves that she's a pretty detestable woman once again. We see the introduction of the charismatic Fersen, with a massive amount of sparkles I might add. Antoinette's actions are perfectly understandable, just as her husband's. Tragedy is the only order of the day, unfortunately.
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
Idc if you think its weird, I have a life and friends and an income of money.

Dec 22, 2016 5:59 PM

Oct 2012
Savage as fuck DuBarry claims two victims in vain.

Just this once, I'll fulfill whatever your wish is.
Dec 10, 2017 3:54 PM

Nov 2016
This is getting more exiting as it goes on.

And the corpses on duBarrys account are going to pile lol.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 7, 2019 10:42 AM
Jul 2018
Madame du Barry? More like wicked witch du Barry.
Mar 9, 2019 7:38 PM
Mar 2018
This is so interesting... I'm so excited to see how things progress.
Jul 16, 2019 6:20 AM

Nov 2011
Madame Du Barry suddenly become a smart villain, she acted really fast when needed.. This is a contrast with how she could easily be manipulated by Duke of Orleans in previous episodes.. If the Duke becomes a king, she will be silenced too for sure ...
"The Slave is the have-not, the oppressed one with nothing to spare.
But because the Slave is in that despairing situation, having nothing, it can kill the Emperor !"
Apr 30, 2020 9:54 AM
Jul 2018
Antoinette is such a meme i swear :D throwing the heart shaped keylock at the extremely timid crown prince just cause that one is ignoring her (later revealed he is allured by her beauty and doesn't know how to interact with her smh)-
girls gotta be girls, be it 18th century or 21st lol you lash our when there is lack of attention from your man-

okay, evil exists- du barry i officially hate your guts :v

seems like being too open and showing emotions genuinely has always brought danger on its way. please don't let her become bitter or besotted with an ice cold heart, kamisama onegai t-t
but then.. we all know life is cruel and it gotta balance itself somehow, so yeah feel the misery approaching
Sep 10, 2020 12:47 AM

Jul 2015
Feeling sorry for the crown prince here but can't fully blame Marie for the marriage with the crown prince not working out since it was an arranged one to stop the war and they both don't seem very compatible with each other. Still doesn't excuse her for having an affair since she should already know her position by now and understand that people like du Barry are going to ruin her life by using any means.

Jan 31, 2021 3:53 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Madame du Barry is absolutely ruthless. Someone should use her methods against her.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Mar 1, 2021 10:08 AM

Nov 2018
Insanely realistic and well written storyline , even shoujo type anime overdramaticness and a bit outdated animation don't spoil anything for me.

Waiting for Jeanne to strike.
ZevvenMar 1, 2021 11:35 AM
I hate everyone equally
Mar 28, 2021 7:39 PM

Aug 2018
Come on girl, you are married, why are you hanging out with a man other than your husband? Im gonna cry, I feel so bad for the prince, surely he wouldnt like it if he knew she was doing that.

Jul 2, 2021 3:17 PM

Jan 2021
Dang..I feel so bad for the prince.
Also I’m a little disappointed that I didn’t to see Oscar a lot :(
May 27, 2022 8:49 AM

Dec 2021
that wicked witch from the east gotta go ..

I like that forger's hustle skills .. "well it'll take me a few days .. the handwriting's kinda difficult .. pay me pls wench"

Marie a trouble maker .. tho she is only 17-18 ,, she knows hanging with Fersen will bring nothing but trouble
Jul 4, 2022 10:08 PM

Apr 2016
That's a fancy way to be horny for each other lol

DuBarry back with her shenanigans, love it but placing the letter on the floor was a weird choice.
May 25, 2023 8:20 AM

Jan 2021
Even when Marie gets older she is still a very difficult person to take care of. It's almost like she is not getting wiser even when she has been taught about all those etiquettes, manners, etc. I noticed that Oscar's seiyuu did a great job, especially in this episode I could feel Oscar's worry (and probably annoyance and tiredness too) at Marie's behavior and requests.

Anyway, I hope one day Madame du Barry will die with that wine too. She has already poisoned two people with that wine, I hope she will be the third one.

Nov 30, 2023 4:13 AM

Apr 2017
I find if funny how Marie Antoinette called Madame Du Barry a whore, meanwhile she's flirting with a guy that isn't her husband, and will likely have an affair with him. Hypocrisy, what's that?
Dec 16, 2023 5:41 PM
Sep 2018
"Innocent like an angel" yeah... sure.
Mar 30, 7:25 PM
Jul 2020
Oscar is really putting a target on herself with that confidence. I love the trio in this episode though!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rose of Versailles Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

yma981 - Sep 23, 2008

65 by ArtimesGamer »»
Today, 2:36 AM

Poll: » Rose of Versailles Episode 8 Discussion

removed-user - Apr 19, 2009

41 by Natt_5cents »»
Yesterday, 9:01 AM

Poll: » Rose of Versailles Episode 32 Discussion

DonKangolJones - Nov 30, 2008

48 by 5hadow17 »»
Apr 4, 12:30 PM

Poll: » Rose of Versailles Episode 17 Discussion

Alcoholicide - Sep 6, 2011

24 by ryougi_shiki07 »»
Apr 2, 6:08 PM

Poll: » Rose of Versailles Episode 16 Discussion

MagEarwhig - May 26, 2009

33 by ryougi_shiki07 »»
Apr 2, 4:32 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.