Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Rose of Versailles Episode 7 Discussion

Feb 25, 2011 6:48 PM

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
A CHALLENGER APPEARS XD

Antoinette is so mischievous! I feel sorry for the Prince.
I'd be fed up with him too but it wouldn't be so bad if they BOTH tried.

and ooo I can just smell all the trouble that's gonna stem from this ep lol
I'm rly liking this show!

Sep 2, 2011 1:38 PM
Definitely feeling sorry for the prince here, poor fella :(

Fersen definitely will get more intimate with Antoinette sooner or later, but the attempt to rush the rumors failed once again because of sheer luck (a bit much luck, as always), but they sure never fail to kill all witnesses.

But I guess everyone who feared that Fersen might Disturb Oscar and Andres relationship can relax now it's made obvious that he will go for Antoinette.

I'm sad Andres grandma didn't reappear after the first episodes. Also Jeanne seems out of the picture again. I hope she wasn't just some one episode side story. Would be a waste.
no more forums

Nov 28, 2011 7:24 PM

These last couple of episodes have been pretty good, I'm definitely seeing potential here. The overdramatic scenes still kind of stick out, but it isn't bothering me as much as it did the first time I tried to watch this series. If anything it adds to the charm in some ways.
Modified by Ston3_FreeN7, Nov 28, 2011 7:29 PM
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia

Sep 24, 2012 3:33 AM

insan3soldiern said:
The overdramatic scenes still kind of stick out, but it isn't bothering me as much as it did the first time I tried to watch this series. If anything it adds to the charm in some ways.

Ah, the characteristics of a lot of these old, "shoujo-type" anime series. :P ("Shoujo-type" in brackets because, well, it's hard to categorise this one. The drawing style seems like the kind seen in older shoujo series, but I can't imagine people being killed as often and as much in a pure shoujo anime...)

Higashi_no_Kaze said:
But I guess everyone who feared that Fersen might Disturb Oscar and Andres relationship can relax now it's made obvious that he will go for Antoinette.

I wasn't even thinking that was plausible... I gave up on this couple from the get-go, since "Oscar" seems so focused on her job and duties protecting the Crown couple. XD Would still be interested in seeing if it plays out, though.

Feb 12, 2013 2:03 AM

Fersen is quite charming. It will be interesting to see how the love affair will play out, but it will probably end terribly for the both of them.

du Barry is becoming more of a bitch. I hope she dies. xP
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"

Oct 11, 2013 12:13 AM

Man if the Prince had a pair this never would have happened. You already married her, hard part over man.

Mar 9, 2014 11:26 PM

Hah. I finally was able to confirm that this one was the show that traumatized me a bit when i was a little.

Someone from our family borrowed the VHS with this episode from our neighbors when i was around 4-5 years old and the stabbed corpse really frightened me at time. For years and year i couldn't sleep my back facing the room because that would have given opportunity to someone stab me in the back.

Mar 27, 2014 5:27 PM

I really really really want Oscar to fall in love already... preferably with Andre :P

Sep 28, 2014 6:21 PM

I just love it when plans get foiled >:D

WolfWood37 said:
Man if the Prince had a pair this never would have happened. You already married her, hard part over man.

lol

Sep 29, 2014 6:21 PM

I can't decide who I dislike more: the jealous mistress who kills everyone off and plays fox, the sickeningly spoiled brat princess who's having an affair, or the stupid people who fall in love with her and thinks she's an angel. >>

I expected this to be more about the revolution, blehhhh. Not so much of Marie Antoinette and her melodramatic lavish lifestyle. :/

The plots to kill off Antoinette keep me watching right now. >__<

Dec 17, 2014 6:01 PM

I wish I saw some more Oscar.. not that I don't mind Antoninette.

Mar 9, 2015 1:16 PM

finally getting better, still want more Oscar. I guess we'll see her more later on when every other character had their spotlight. this is called Rose of Versailles after all, which is supposed to be Oscar. however I love the Oscar, Andre, and Girodelle trio lol

loving how realistic this is though, Marie may be innocent and childish but she's very naive which will lead her to be a terrible queen. and as much as I love Oscar, she has many terrible flaws as well

wonder who Oscar will fall in love with, Andre, Marie, or someone else?

Jan 5, 2016 2:23 PM

Madame du Barry is one ruthless SOB. Oscar is the dark knight of this show imo, not a protagonist. Poor Prince btw, Marie is a cheating scum.

Jun 7, 2016 11:32 AM

Probably the best episode so far.
Madame due Barry proves that she's a pretty detestable woman once again. We see the introduction of the charismatic Fersen, with a massive amount of sparkles I might add. Antoinette's actions are perfectly understandable, just as her husband's. Tragedy is the only order of the day, unfortunately.
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
Idc if you think its weird, I have a life and friends and an income of money.

Dec 22, 2016 5:59 PM

Savage as fuck DuBarry claims two victims in vain.

Just this once, I'll fulfill whatever your wish is.

Dec 10, 2017 3:54 PM

This is getting more exiting as it goes on.

And the corpses on duBarrys account are going to pile lol.
Kokoro did nothing wrong.

Jan 7, 10:42 AM

Madame du Barry? More like wicked witch du Barry.

Mar 9, 7:38 PM
This is so interesting... I'm so excited to see how things progress.

Yesterday, 6:20 AM

Madame Du Barry suddenly become a smart villain, she acted really fast when needed.. This is a contrast with how she could easily be manipulated by Duke of Orleans in previous episodes.. If the Duke becomes a king, she will be silenced too for sure ...