Forum Settings
Forums

Search: Find/Search Users by Compatibility/Affinity [Waived]

Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Post New Reply
Dec 5, 2013 8:56 PM

Wasn't this a function here before but got removed because the server couldn't handle it?

Edit: *...Yeah, it was on the link*

Dec 15, 2013 9:44 PM

HappyDayy said:
There Should be, i want to look for some ppl who have Anime Compatibility more than 50%, Thx for this great post
https://animeadvice.me/neighbors/

Mar 23, 2014 4:17 PM

Hi everybody i just thought that maybe it would be nice be able to search for users by compatibility! That way you could easily find some people you have something in common with!
For several months earlier in my life I felt like I was a man, trapped in a woman's body.
My nightmare ended suddenly one day... I was born.

Mar 23, 2014 4:20 PM

It's already been suggested many times and it's in the FAQ saying that they used to have it but not enough people used it and it used up too much resources so they removed it.

Here's a site that can do it though.

https://animeadvice.me/

Mar 23, 2014 4:57 PM

That would be awesome. But sounds complicated to keepnit functioning

Mar 24, 2014 11:37 AM

IntroverTurtle said:
It's already been suggested many times and it's in the FAQ saying that they used to have it but not enough people used it and it used up too much resources so they removed it.

Here's a site that can do it though.

https://animeadvice.me/

Thanks and sorry for the double post!
Didn't really go through FAQ...
For several months earlier in my life I felt like I was a man, trapped in a woman's body.
My nightmare ended suddenly one day... I was born.

May 9, 2014 11:19 PM

overmes said:
i made compatibility search:
https://animeadvice.me/ask/

enter username and minimum shared anime&manga for neighbors, then go to neighbor tab

its not use MAL's algorithm, but similar
all hail the great coder
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱

May 28, 2014 10:50 AM

overmes said:

enter username and minimum shared anime&manga for neighbors, then go to neighbor tab

It's a really nice job you did, but the alghoritm are...soft-speaking, not good.

E.g.: How the heck i get 89% similarity with the one who has favorite anime "Naruto"(which i dropped) and "Clannad"(which i didn't even watched)?

It is a good idea and already tons of work, for sure - but it should be improved pretty much.
Modified by Jambatti, May 28, 2014 10:54 AM

May 28, 2014 10:55 AM

Jambatti said:
overmes said:

It's a really nice job you did, but the alghoritm are...soft-speaking, not good.

E.g.: How the heck i get 89% similarity with the one who has favorite anime "Naruto"(which i dropped) and "Clannad"(which i didn't even watched)?

It is a good idea and already tons of work, for sure - but it should be improved pretty much.
Because you both have probably watched more anime than just those two.

May 28, 2014 11:22 AM

IntroverTurtle said:

Yes, it is. But for most "compatible" people i have found via his service, the common anime are ALL the popular ones, which i just "pass-through" or watch " just for reference", and rate accordingly.

Maybe it's just me and there is simply no other people with same favorite animes? Hardly believe, but this may be.

p.s. Also, it advices me as "80%+ compatible" many people who are pure hentaifags and lolifags. But i have not even a single one of that type in my list!(with some exceptions - but i mark them as "dropped" and rate very low).

May 28, 2014 1:42 PM

Jambatti said:
overmes said:

it's work for university, not for little site
I and MAL used Pearson correlation:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pearson_product-moment_correlation_coefficient

If you will find better, i can try it.
MyAnimeList Affinity Search - http://affinity.animesos.net/

May 28, 2014 1:48 PM

Jambatti said:
IntroverTurtle said:

Yes, it is. But for most "compatible" people i have found via his service, the common anime are ALL the popular ones, which i just "pass-through" or watch " just for reference", and rate accordingly.

Maybe it's just me and there is simply no other people with same favorite animes? Hardly believe, but this may be.

p.s. Also, it advices me as "80%+ compatible" many people who are pure hentaifags and lolifags. But i have not even a single one of that type in my list!(with some exceptions - but i mark them as "dropped" and rate very low).

i think you need options to set maximum difference for some anime
MyAnimeList Affinity Search - http://affinity.animesos.net/

Jun 23, 2014 7:57 AM

Does the compatibility rating actually take into account the scores each of you gave a show? If not, then you could have a high compatibility rating with someone who has watched the same anime as you but who has different tastes than you.

Sep 4, 2014 11:37 AM

This may just be my opinion, and im not bitching.To help connect the anime community, we could use anime and manga compatibility to search for friends to add. This could also help when searching for a group.
Modified by leat1626, Sep 4, 2014 1:33 PM

Sep 4, 2014 11:45 AM

Favorites aren't likes. Also, use the forum search option and read the FAQ. /topic

Sep 4, 2014 12:37 PM

Subpyro said:
Favorites aren't likes. Also, use the forum search option and read the FAQ. /topic

That is very clear to see, but just because someone may have one favorite do not mean everyone else dose. That is why we can add more than one. Maybe after watching hundreds of anime someone can't decide five out of the hundreds. Favorites are used to express ourselves and I'm not asking for more than ten.

Sep 4, 2014 12:54 PM

leat1626 said:
That is very clear to see, but just because someone may have one favorite do not mean everyone else dose. That is why we can add more than one. Maybe after watching hundreds of anime someone can't decide five out of the hundreds. Favorites are used to express ourselves and I'm not asking for more than ten.

I'm telling you to read the FAQ. Asking questions/making threads that are answered and pointed out in the FAQ is against the rules. Just use your about me or blogs.

Sep 4, 2014 1:40 PM

Subpyro said:
leat1626 said:

I'm telling you to read the FAQ. Asking questions/making threads that are answered and pointed out in the FAQ is against the rules. Just use your about me or blogs.
That was helpful it felt like i was under attack, rules are getting more strict smh.

Sep 4, 2014 3:40 PM

Sep 4, 2014 3:45 PM

leat1626 said:
That was helpful it felt like i was under attack, rules are getting more strict smh.
The rules have always been the same.

leat1626 said:
But what if someone has watched every anime, then surely they deserve 100. No. Everyone gets five and everyone is able to pick 5 if they've seen at least 5 anime. 5 is a fine number, not too large, not too small. Not restricting but also not showing every anime you've ever liked.

And like he said, both are on the FAQ as something that will not be added.

Sep 4, 2014 4:39 PM

leat1626 said:
Maybe after watching hundreds of anime someone can't decide five out of the hundreds. Favorites are used to express ourselves and I'm not asking for more than ten.

You can use your About Me section or blog for that

Sep 5, 2014 12:36 PM

Ni, I don't want random friend requests from strangers just because of our compatibility.

Sep 5, 2014 12:42 PM

IntroverTurtle said:
leat1626 said:
The rules have always been the same.

leat1626 said:
But what if someone has watched every anime, then surely they deserve 100. No. Everyone gets five and everyone is able to pick 5 if they've seen at least 5 anime. 5 is a fine number, not too large, not too small. Not restricting but also not showing every anime you've ever liked.

And like he said, both are on the FAQ as something that will not be added.

You are late, as I said earlier Irealize these things now. Thanks for the recap though.

Sep 5, 2014 12:50 PM

leat1626 said:
You are late, as I said earlier Irealize these things now. Thanks for the recap though.

Oh, that is nice to hear
Have you checked the site I linked? See the Neighbours tab

Sep 5, 2014 12:52 PM

Serhiyko said:
leat1626 said:

Oh, that is nice to hear
Have you checked the site I linked? See the Neighbours tab

Thank you for the assistance sir. Being crucified here is why some people never post.

mclovinballz said:
Ni, I don't want random friend requests from strangers just because of our compatibility.

Good point sir,but that can be added to you profile, blog, or about me, as hammered from my good friend. But its only a suggestion smh, let's all forget it and use "Neighbours".

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
Modified by sarroush, Sep 5, 2014 4:32 PM

Sep 29, 2014 3:43 PM

Jambatti said:
overmes said:

It has worked very well for me. Pretty much all the high compatibilities on my list have just about my taste. That website is extremely helpful

Jan 6, 2015 10:24 PM
I'm still pretty new here so I'm not sure if this site already has this or not, but how about a way to search users based on user Anime and Manga compatibility? Being able to find people with extremely similar tastes as you and friend request them, etc. Sort of like a social media aspect for the site.

Jan 7, 2015 6:53 AM

It was possible once but then disabled
But you can still do this with this site: http://animeadvice.me/neighbors/

Jan 7, 2015 12:01 PM

It'd be cute on the surface, but I feel like it would quickly start to get old once people realised one simple fact: Similar taste in anime does not a friendship make.
It's a conversation starter, for sure, but starting the conversation doesn't guarantee you're gonna end up liking the person.
After people realised that I guess everything would just continue as usual, and friendships would form over time through actually talking to one another.

(I will vehemently and violently oppose anything which increases the likelihood of random add attempts. Random adds are a scourge upon this earth i s2g)

Jan 7, 2015 12:32 PM
utasan said:
It'd be cute on the surface, but I feel like it would quickly start to get old once people realised one simple fact: Similar taste in anime does not a friendship make.
It's a conversation starter, for sure, but starting the conversation doesn't guarantee you're gonna end up liking the person.
After people realised that I guess everything would just continue as usual, and friendships would form over time through actually talking to one another.

(I will vehemently and violently oppose anything which increases the likelihood of random add attempts. Random adds are a scourge upon this earth i s2g)

Eh. I know. It was just something that popped into my head as a conversation starter.

Jan 25, 2015 6:38 AM

the script doesn't work correctly . it needs an update

Mar 25, 2015 1:54 PM

The site requires me to log in?

Sep 17, 2015 1:12 AM
So let's say you want to look for people who have either the most compatibility or even the worst compatibility with yourself. Having a search filter on the users list that lets you organize users by compatibility % would let you do that. That way you can start following peoples lists more easily and have better chances at finding new anime that you'll enjoy.

Sep 17, 2015 1:14 AM

life wouldn't be fair if it were that easy ;)

Sep 17, 2015 1:48 AM

It used to be possible but was disabled because it was too taxing for the servers

Oct 4, 2015 3:16 PM

I spent a decent bit of time looking for this option somewhere, but I'm not seeing it. I think it would be a really cool feature to be able to automatically see a list of the people who most agree with you, so you could share recommendations and find shows that you will most likely like.

If this feature is already in place, let me know, so I can give it a try. Thanks! :)

Oct 4, 2015 3:29 PM

well there's user compatibility feature but I think it's not that accurate

Oct 4, 2015 4:01 PM

The biggest problem with the compatibility tool is that you have to go to that person's page. I can search through recently online users and click on each one to see if they have a high compatibility to me, but that is extremely tedious. :/
Just having an option on the main "Users" page that allowed you to see a list of people with similar tastes would be super cool.

Oct 4, 2015 4:03 PM

Also the Compatibility thing only shows if people watched the same shows, not if they liked it.
FUCK THE CHARACTER COUNT CHECK!

Oct 4, 2015 4:05 PM

phantom346 said:
Also the Compatibility thing only shows if people watched the same shows, not if they liked it.
No, it does take ratings into account.

Oct 4, 2015 4:27 PM

interesting idea, a list by compatibility would be interesting to see

the only problem i can see with it is that it would be unpractical to calculate
i mean, when you go to someone's profile, the compatibility isn't already calculated, it's calculated when you get there (i'm assuming)
to create a list based on compatibility you would need to calculate the compatibility with every existing user, and then sorting them, and every user would have a different list
how many users does mal have?
how many users would use that list at the same time?
also keep in mind that compatibility can change over time, so it would be not enouth to calculate it once and never again

can see it working with restricted, pre-defined, groups of people (the members of a club, for example, or the users in the friend list) still, any group bigger than 100 or 1000 users should start to become a strain to calculate
but making a list which takes into account every user on mal seems hard to create while not downing the whole site
Modified by Zeando, Oct 4, 2015 4:30 PM

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"

Oct 4, 2015 4:27 PM

i'd definitely like an option to spot the people will most mutual favourites! i've only met like less than 10 who share many with me :P

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

interested in redrawing or translating manga? come to cotton candy scans

Oct 4, 2015 4:58 PM

According to the faq, this used to be a thing, but it was removed because it was putting too much strain on the server.

Oct 5, 2015 5:33 PM

Find the people who have similar taste in anime/manga

Oct 5, 2015 5:56 PM
I'm pretty sure this feature used to be implemented, but was removed due to the load it put on the servers. Either way, I don't think it's necessary.

Oct 5, 2015 10:39 PM
News Team
probs a vampire

Rue_Ryuzaki said:
According to the faq, this used to be a thing, but it was removed because it was putting too much strain on the server.
News Guidelines | Submit News (Complete article, no one-liners. For news tips, PM me or other news mods!)
Slow news reports? Don't worry, we know a scoop fast enough, but due to strict guidelines, we require confirmation from multiple independent sources.

Oct 6, 2015 12:29 AM

sevenPocky said:
Rue_Ryuzaki said:

Oct 6, 2015 8:37 AM

Threads Merged

Please look at the opening post for more information.

Oct 10, 2015 12:46 AM

So I was stalking random users (as I do in my spare time) and I noticed the compatibility bar. I started to wonder if I could find some one with 100% compatibility. I mean someone who literally watched the same anime as me and vice versa. It would be cool to click a button and connect to such a person. But this was only a rant. Not necessarily something I want done right away. I just thought the idea was cool
Mkim said:
I only beat off to 180 year old woman,
that's like 10 times legal age so I'm 10 times a good citizen who's not going to jail.
Kyubey said:
◕ ‿‿ ◕ do you want to be a mahou shoujo?

Oct 10, 2015 12:48 AM

Theress a script for that. I dont know where to find it though. that script lets you find users with higher compability with you. Though it's very little chance to find someone with 100% comp

Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »