Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 24, 2011 9:13 PM
Jan 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
HA! Even Hild knows it, after what, 20 years?
Great episode for me, and now, if only they keep making more.
kuroshiroiMar 19, 2011 4:15 AM
Feb 24, 2011 10:35 PM

Feb 2011
They will... on September T_T.
Well, it's better than nothing :).

I didn't really understand the whole episode, since it didn't have subs, but just by looking at it, it was awesome :D.
And I didn't get what Hild was planning to do, increase Belldandy's happiness so she could return to heaven? Also was Keiichi being mind-controlled?
I really need to wait for the subs.
But what I really hated about the episode it's that...
Feb 24, 2011 11:11 PM

Feb 2009
Banbanli57 said:

I didn't really understand the whole episode, since it didn't have subs, but just by looking at it, it was awesome :D.
And I didn't get what Hild was planning to do, increase Belldandy's happiness so she could return to heaven? Also was Keiichi being mind-controlled?

Alright, after watching the subbed version, I'll tell you this:

Hild was trying to
Evil... but it was pushing Bell and K1 together... we'll have to see what happens in the next episode... in sepetember ;_;

No, not mind controlled, he was kinda getting drunk off of happiness but snapped out of it.

Commie subs has it out, and GG should have theirs out tonight or tomorrow some time (EST time, its 2:08 am).

Feb 25, 2011 12:16 AM
Dec 2008
They look different but i like it better
Feb 25, 2011 12:55 AM

Sep 2008
...Mamiko Noto's character did not appear...not even with the supporting characters in the beginning... did something happen to her in the manga?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 25, 2011 8:16 AM

Feb 2011
Diablofan said:
Banbanli57 said:

Hild was trying to
Evil... but it was pushing Bell and K1 together... we'll have to see what happens in the next episode... in sepetember ;_;

No, not mind controlled, he was kinda getting drunk off of happiness but snapped out of it.

Commie subs has it out, and GG should have theirs out tonight or tomorrow some time (EST time, its 2:08 am).

I tried to download the Commie subs one yesterday, but that meant that I also had to download the whole "torrent" thing since I didn't actually have it. There were some errors in my computer and the video still didn't show, so I gave up and searched for the jap version. I'll just wait for the GG one, I hope that I don't have any trouble with this one.

(Drunk of happiness? o_o, I've never heard of that one. Anyways, he looked like he was about to rape Belldandy o_e)
Let's all wait 7 months with the hope that it's also worth it.
Banbanli57Feb 25, 2011 10:31 AM
Feb 25, 2011 9:03 AM

Feb 2008
well, its nice but had nothing to do with the manga.

i would really like them make an ova of when bell first met keichi when they were kids. apparently she had to get his memories erased of that encounter.

also i hate how their markings looked too "digital" otherwise, it was not a bad show.
Feb 25, 2011 1:56 PM

Mar 2010
I'm drunk on happiness right now.

So if they kissed it would be the end of the world as we know it, everybody would be so happy they wouldn't need goddesses anymore :D
Feb 25, 2011 2:29 PM

Jun 2007
Belldandy maiwaifu!!!! Love it belldandy is hella powerful her happiness rubs well everytime I hear her voice and see her smile it is lovely. I want another season I mean I'm reading the manga and they sure do have dome great material to animate. I would love to see the current arc with them in hell
Feb 25, 2011 10:20 PM

Apr 2009
Dodara said:
I'm drunk on happiness right now.

Same here! XD

I liked it because mainly I missed watching this series and Yoko Ishida's OP themes, *sighs*. It's only 2 episodes? Ah well better than nothing I guess. >_<
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Feb 26, 2011 6:04 AM

May 2009
Well, Belldandy was as wonderful as always ^_^

It was nice remembering the atmosphere of this anime.. well, Keiichi is the same as always too >.> But i guess that's how it works for them, it can't be helped :)
The episode itself wasn't so special, but it was very nice watching it and enjoying the little things that this series gives us~
I wish they would finish this anime along with the manga :D But i'm still grateful for these two OVA's. Hope to have more in the future!
Feb 26, 2011 10:53 PM

Sep 2009
I really missed this show. I wish they would make another actual season, continuing on from the second season.

I wonder how long it will take me to catch up if I decided to read the manga...
Feb 27, 2011 6:54 AM

Jan 2010
Couldn't even watch it. I hate Belldandy's seiyuu, doesn't fit her at all.

Meh...I really wanted to watch this :(

Feb 27, 2011 11:35 AM

Jan 2010
kisami said:

i would really like them make an ova of when bell first met keichi when they were kids. apparently she had to get his memories erased of that encounter.

also i hate how their markings looked too "digital" otherwise, it was not a bad show.

that was just in the ova, it didn't happen in the manga. the ova series and the manga series are different canons.

klowdz said:

its the same one from the OVA's of the 90's. the movie, and the tv series, and NOW YOU'RE COMPLAINING? she's been doing the voice for about 20 years, and she helped make Belldandy who she is as a character. i LOVE Inoue Kikuko. from her portrayal of Belldandy to I-NO of Guilty Gear.
AlgazeroFeb 27, 2011 6:46 PM
Feb 27, 2011 2:59 PM

Mar 2010
Algazero said:
klowdz said:

its the same one from the OVA's of the 90's. the movie, and the tv series, and NOW YOU'RE COMPLAINING? she's been doing the voice for about 20 years, and she helped make Belldandy who she is as a character. i LOVE Inoue Kikuko. from her portrayal of Belldandy to I-NO of Guilty Gear.

LoL
I guess he wanted to start watching the anime, because there's no way that he wouldn't notice until now that Kikuko is the voice.
Feb 27, 2011 5:13 PM

Jan 2010
Algazero said:
kisami said:

that was just in the ova, it didn't happen in the manga. the ova series and the tv series are different canons.

klowdz said:

Really? That's not how I remember her voice at all. According to me she used to have this sweet young voice, not this 'I'm a mom' deep voice.

Weird.

Feb 27, 2011 6:45 PM

Jan 2010
Dodara said:
Algazero said:
klowdz said:

LoL
I guess he wanted to start watching the anime, because there's no way that he wouldn't notice until now that Kikuko is the voice.

so he jumps to this one instead of the OVA's? fail XD. the OVA's were (IMO) the best incarnation of AMG. though that doesn't mean i didn't like the other incarnations of it. this episode was quite enjoyable, interference from Hild made the episode that much more interesting.
Feb 27, 2011 6:52 PM

Jan 2010
klowdz said:
Algazero said:
kisami said:

that was just in the ova, it didn't happen in the manga. the ova series and the tv series are different canons.

klowdz said:

Really? That's not how I remember her voice at all. According to me she used to have this sweet young voice, not this 'I'm a mom' deep voice.

Weird.

rewatch the ova's. its the same voice.
Feb 28, 2011 8:59 AM

Apr 2010
klowdz said:

Weird.

It's been the same voice for nearly 20 years now(jeez, I can't believe the original OVAs came out that long ago). The english dub has had 3 actress' provide the voice for the role at different times(90's OVAs, movie & tv series). But the japanese version has had the same people providing the voices since the beginning.

As for the episode, I don't know if it's due to it being 3 years since the last OVAs, but it was weird to go back to the series. It might be due to the animation looking a bit different(especially the goddesses' markings on their faces). Story seemed like it was an average episode of the tv series with nothing really happening until the end.

I think they tried to tell that during the last time he tried to tell her that he loved her, that she never heard it. That would probably be due to the fact that she kept fainting everytime he said it. This would I guess be the first time she heard him say it in the anime.
tangytangerineFeb 28, 2011 1:09 PM
Mar 2, 2011 6:48 AM

Jul 2010
aphton said:
I kinda got the feeling that she didn't hear him confessing =
But.. well.. I don't think there is a damn reason to confess; its naturally obvious to both of them...

But a Goddess still likes to hear it! :)
Mar 2, 2011 7:00 AM

Jul 2010
klowdz said:

Doesn't fit her? You realize that on TVTropes.org, under the listing for "Yamato Nadeshiko" (the concept of the perfect Japanese woman) it lists Kikuko Inoue as the most likely to provide the voice? She is the prototype for the type of character Belldandy is! (That and the "Hot Shounen Mom" which she also is frequently typecast as, such as her roles in "Bakuman" and "Clannad".) In addition, it has this to say about her:
Apparently, after she voice-acted Belldandy, Kosuke Fujishima (mangaka of Ah My Goddess) became so impressed that subsequent chapters use Kikuko's characterization of Belldandy as the character's base personality, including quirks such as liking sunfish and touching fake food.
zensunniMar 3, 2011 6:46 AM
Mar 2, 2011 7:10 AM

Jul 2010
I loved it! The art is great, as are the new character designs. (Which are firmly based in the current arcs of the manga, BTW. Just as the Movie and original seasons of the TV series had new designs from the OVAs because Fujishima-sensei's art style had changed, the new OVA has character designs that are very close to the most recent chapters of the manga, with the slightly different goddess markings, a slightly younger looking Belldandy, and a much softer/less angular design for Urd, making her look less severe and more feminine (and hot...).
Mar 5, 2011 4:56 PM

Jan 2010
zensunni said:
klowdz said:

Doesn't fit her? You realize that on TVTropes.org, under the listing for "Yamato Nadeshiko" (the concept of the perfect Japanese woman) it lists Kikuko Inoue as the most likely to provide the voice? She is the prototype for the type of character Belldandy is! (That and the "Hot Shounen Mom" which she also is frequently typecast as, such as her roles in "Bakuman" and "Clannad".) In addition, it has this to say about her:
Apparently, after she voice-acted Belldandy, Kosuke Fujishima (mangaka of Ah My Goddess) became so impressed that subsequent chapters use Kikuko's characterization of Belldandy as the character's base personality, including quirks such as liking sunfish and touching fake food.

a bit more info than what i had but thanks all the same.
Mar 10, 2011 7:18 AM

Feb 2011
even though its 2011 now reign of anime's with full of echiness and exaggerated luv emotion, their love as usual is slow and innocent ^_^
thats AMG! for you.. their love element is something you will never get tire off :)
Mar 16, 2011 8:43 AM

Oct 2010
XxshizxX said:
even though its 2011 now reign of anime's with full of echiness and exaggerated luv emotion, their love as usual is slow and innocent ^_^
thats AMG! for you.. their love element is something you will never get tire off :)

This is kinda true but it would be nice if the relationship between Keiichi and Bellandy would mature a little more... after all he is suppose to be a college student and yet he flips out by any demonstration of affection

Never the less i enjoy watching this... looking forward for the next one

also i think is funny how they change keiichi's haircut xD (i dont read the manga so im not sure if that is the manga haircut or not)
huh?
Mar 19, 2011 12:23 PM

Feb 2011
I really hope that they keep on releasing OAD's from now on. But it would be even better if they release a 3rd season already :/.
By the way, is this the official DVD cover of the 2nd OAD? :O
http://pixiv.blogimg.jp/fdyuji/imgs/e/e/eea33f3c-s.jpg
It's says "Volume 43" so I bet that it is...
Well, it has a small caption in it, maybe telling some hints of what it is about, sadly, it's in japanese. Meh, I am really curious to know about the plot.
Mar 19, 2011 7:24 PM

Jan 2010
Banbanli57 said:
I really hope that they keep on releasing OAD's from now on. But it would be even better if they release a 3rd season already :/.
Well, it has a small caption in it, maybe telling some hints of what it is about, sadly, it's in japanese. Meh, I am really curious to know about the plot.

a third season would be nice, they could bring the welsper arc in and do the mermaid and sentient key arc. those were some good times XD. maybe it is the second OAD, but i can't give a heads or tails on it.
Mar 20, 2011 9:25 AM

Feb 2011
Algazero said:
Banbanli57 said:

a third season would be nice, they could bring the welsper arc in and do the mermaid and sentient key arc. those were some good times XD. maybe it is the second OAD, but i can't give a heads or tails on it.

There are hints at the end of season 2 that more episodes were going to be aired (or maybe are going to...). Since in the 2nd ending (the one with the "Koibito Doushi" song) of that season, Keiichi's parents appear (they also appear in the ending of Fighting Wings), as well ad Sigel and Bampei.
Maybe, if a 3rd season ever gets to be made, we would get the "Bampei in love" arc and the "Parents" arc. But I really want the gate/key arc to be animated, that one was hilarious. And the "Queen Sayoko" arc is a must-have.
Banbanli57Mar 20, 2011 9:30 AM
Mar 24, 2011 10:54 PM

Feb 2008
this resolution didn't really make sense to me, wouldn't telling her that he loves her send her happiness through the roof? how does that help? I think I would have preferred it if they'd just left it as an ordinary date episode if they weren't going to think things through.
liked it otherwise though.
Jun 1, 2011 6:29 PM

Jun 2009
I'm really happy to see another AMG episode
and LOVE the insert song (amusement park)

Dang! no new ending!! but still love it Friendship by Y.Ishida
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Jun 5, 2011 10:59 PM

Jan 2010
Banbanli57 said:
Algazero said:
Banbanli57 said:

There are hints at the end of season 2 that more episodes were going to be aired (or maybe are going to...). Since in the 2nd ending (the one with the "Koibito Doushi" song) of that season, Keiichi's parents appear (they also appear in the ending of Fighting Wings), as well ad Sigel and Bampei.
Maybe, if a 3rd season ever gets to be made, we would get the "Bampei in love" arc and the "Parents" arc. But I really want the gate/key arc to be animated, that one was hilarious. And the "Queen Sayoko" arc is a must-have.

I agree 100%! I can't believe i forgot about those other arcs. that would be freaking awesome.
Jul 6, 2011 12:29 PM
Jan 2011
Diablofan said:
Banbanli57 said:

Hild was trying to

This thing is starting to get boring.
Jul 6, 2011 11:57 PM

Jan 2011
This was the first manga I bought and the second series I watched. I love this show and I still have the OP on my ipod playlist. Just a lot of good feelings and a few tears as Keiichi mans up a bit and tells Belldandy how he feels. Even Hild seemed pretty mellow compared to some of her earlier appearances--guess she might have been affected by the Belldandy happiness emissions as well.

Bring on season three please!
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Jul 19, 2011 3:57 PM

Feb 2011
Heathwarming OVA...

Waiting the second :)
Oct 31, 2012 6:07 AM

Jul 2009
I wasn't too impressed with this OVA. I'll see what the 2nd one is like.
Jun 28, 2014 8:54 AM

May 2012
Cute episode, quite liked it, let's see what's next though.
Oct 22, 2014 5:41 AM

Jul 2013
you know what? this is getting repetitive and boring... really, really boring. Hild does some shitty, bound-to-fail stuff and it affects either Keiichi or Belldandy then Urd and Skuld does everything to help them and in the end Keiichi and Belldandy's love for each other triumphs. Seriously? think of something else dammit.
Jan 8, 2015 10:11 PM

Apr 2009
*Violently screams DAISUKI NANDA*

I dunno. Although the animation was solid, I feel more confused about Kei and Bell's relationship more than ever.
Maybe it's not about loving and being happy with each other directly, but more about loving the good and bad times experienced each other.
Sounds noble, but I just don't get it. Maybe the whole point of this episode was to justify the reasons why their relationship has been this way?
Obviously, this show is aware of how elementary Kei and Bell's relationship is. Even Hild says they're supposed to do so-and-so during the play.
It's just after all the crazy situations Kei has been through just to get a single kiss in with Bell, it feels like a sudden change of direction.
mell4444Jan 8, 2015 10:19 PM
Oct 4, 2019 11:38 AM

Nov 2017
Happiness rays? Really? This doesn't seem to be from the manga but I could be wrong, I guess.
Apr 11, 2020 10:13 AM

Apr 2013
Hild really became more of an annoyance at this point, her "plans" are simply boring. Was more fun to watch before her introduction.
Mar 3, 2021 6:23 PM

Nov 2010
Nice OP and I really like that ED song. Anyway, nice episode, but I don't agree about true happiness yada yada I'm with Hild about being happy even if its through an illusion. Being happy all the time is the most important thing IMO.
Oct 11, 2023 2:21 AM
Jan 2008
I'm kinda middle of the road on this episode. Didn't hate it, love it, or really remember much beyond being another Hild scheme.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aa! Megami-sama! (2011) Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2013

30 by observer80 »»
Oct 11, 2023 2:36 AM

Poll: » Ah! My Goddess: Itsumo Futari de Episode 2 Discussion

Dodecahedron-O24 - Sep 27, 2011

27 by observer80 »»
Oct 11, 2023 2:26 AM

» Is there another episode coming out?

armeg - Mar 5, 2013

11 by iLya »»
Dec 26, 2016 1:31 AM

» OVA 3 PV

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2013

1 by TheFinalChamber »»
Jun 22, 2013 12:12 PM

» ova plot possibilities

Algazero - Dec 15, 2010

16 by MysteryFan89 »»
Sep 26, 2011 5:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.