3It was OK
24.0%
2Disliked it
8.0%
1Hated it
16.0%
Average 3.5
25 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 22, 2011 10:34 AM

Aug 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
*Gasp* Rina actually evil, and Rio lost. Damn it!

Oh well, hopefully in the end Rio and Rina make up and they get that Cartia bitch (which will probably happen). I can understand why Rina is so angry with everything that happened with her parents but I wonder if Cartia is bending the story a little just so she can get more power (since these gate cards seem to correspond to power).
Feb 22, 2011 12:27 PM

Dec 2007
I'd say most of the revalations were fairly obvious. The only catch is I'd expected Rina to have more of an inferiority complex rather than a superiority one based on the flashbacks and underhanded tactics (not too late for a counter-revelation though!). Even the end - that had to happen either this ep or next at the rate things were moving or there wouldn't be anything to continue - existing artwork had already indicated all of Cartia's minions had been used. Heck, even the issue between Rio and Rina's parents was foreshadowed, albeit only once.
More surprisingly: this is the first episode where Rio didn't show off a new outfit! I hope that travesty doesn't continue!

Honestly, I'd be very surprised if what Rina's been led to believe is really the truth, but I also wouldn't be surprised if Cartia herself was just jumping to conclusions and not acting maliciously. If she was, I'd expect it to be related to Risa's status as a dealer, likely a loss to her.

And I have no idea why I'm even bothering here considering how pointless the plot is.
Feb 22, 2011 3:39 PM

Oct 2010
Holy shit WTF! Rio lost to Rina? What? I will just write quickly that Cartia has gotten from being a bitch to being a devil bitch. She completely turned around the situation of the past not to mention put Rina against Rio. Rina is also a whore, I can't believe how much 180 degrees this episode pulled off but one thing I know Rina cheated big time on Rio, she used her roll ruler through trapping in a alternate dimension to make Rio KO mainly due to Rio's mental state. This being said Rina,

this episode got rather nasty and not fair. I really hate her for all that but blame is on Cartia 100% She completely brainwashed her. I can't believe Rina took advantage of all this on something that is not Rio's fault! She had literally sweet fuck all in all this. Just because her mother was not around to settle things with Rina, does not mean you can take it on someone else. I also have that problem with Hayate's parents with the whole debt stuff.

About Rina, I figured I should start with her. At first I was baffled at how the heck did she get loose from her shackles? There would be no way less Cartia or it was staged happened to free her. Then comes “Why are you running away Rina from Rio?” wondering. That was strange right away but what came was the most plot change and revelation I have seen so far in this series. It was about TBH that it happened to spice things up and it worked quite fine with me. It looks to me like Rina has 5 cards while Rio should have 6 of them. Did not take long before Rina's anger became into a full blown out cry of revenge for her mother's suffering. Damn you and curse you I do Cartia! Although Rina being a little kid never stops being cute, I finally was able to see the true beauty of Rina's mother front face. Like some people mention, Rina's mother and father in spoiler
were truly happy together despite I find that smile of his not deceiving but better yet comforting. The father does have the same color of hair as Rio but he might also have a twin. That's just one possibility among others I am wondering about. Rina does have my sympathy for this since her feelings towards her mother are undeniably sad and of all people Cartia being there? Whoa, she looks young.

I find the following in the spoiler
BS! Someone mentioned how the expressions are serious and not happy, well I agree with them. It does have meaning that the situation was not that of cheating. Comes the finally whom was interesting for its OST made by organs through sniper's skills in playing it. The room itself transforming into a dealer's table with lots of crowds watching a live feed of it, surely made me think either one loses there will be witness. Should that be so, then they all should have seen Rio collapsing in all this. Rina was just plain dirty! She used her roll ruler in very unfair manner to trap Rio in a alternate dimension, which apparently Rio thinks is the insides of Rina's feelings. It was obvious that Rina trapped vines Rio in a vegetative surrounding with her powers. In the end I want to know WTF is the black lake other than extreme dark feelings boiling up to swallow up Rio and again WTF is what came out of it. Whatever it was it made Rio call out to her mother before she went KO. Making Rina win with her hand of what appears to be a royal flush or is it straight flush? Forgot the combinations of cards in this game. This is completely unbelievable for a Rio fan. I have a poster of her and TBH am butt-hurt in all this. Curse you Cartia!

About Rio, sadly she was great until Rina with Cartia got her screwed over. I should have doubted that Rina was giving strength to Rio here. She really showed her reasoning of her anger, that being of her mother. I kind of liked seeing Rio sleeping face with a slight dark shading. It somehow made it nice. I should have known better with the magician and her tarot card of death in the spoiler
she tried to reach the Sky Resort to warn Rio of all this and could not but I still like random appearance. It also looks like she is wearing key earrings, which are a symbol of certain magical value to magicians. It really is unimaginable towards Rio to be bombarded with accusations about her mother while not knowing anything about them and being completely shocked by it on top of being drained mentally over her last fights. As a fan of her, I find it dirty of Cartia to be using shit tactics like that and condone them. I am sure she got those Gate cards in such a unfair manner. I doubt it was as fair and nice as Rio won them. Rio could have also thrown away some cards because in Poker you have a right to exchange once, certain cards that are no good.
Rest in spoiler
About preview, at least Rio looks OK in it. Oh great Queen Killer is back and apparently so is Elvis. Well this shall be fun to see how things go.
Yumekichi11Feb 22, 2011 11:35 PM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Feb 22, 2011 3:41 PM

Jan 2011
God damn this was a decent episode....The whole Rina turning evil was so expected, but the way it was done was superb. Risa Rollins was a WHORE!!!! Smiling in the womans face and fucking her man...just low. I know it could be a lie by cartia, but damn it I hope it isn't, I love the drama. And it totally makes sense they are sister, the eyes were ALWAYS a dead giveaway, and the hair on both of them being a shade of purple also helps the theory. And of course the titties, You should have known those OPPAI were related by blood. I actually like Rina thinking she's the shit, its better than her feeling all worthless about the father leaving them. The father was a fucking player, Both those mothers were probably smoking hot and he was fucking both of them.....

Rio was always a decent show for me, but now I actually find myself craving for next weeks episode
Feb 22, 2011 5:19 PM

Aug 2010
Yumekichi11 said:
Rina is also a whore, I can't believe how much 180 degrees this episode pulled off but one thing I know Rina cheated big time on Rio, she used her roll ruler through trapping in a alternate dimension to make Rio KO mainly due to Rio's mental state. More later.

I don't know if I would go that far. The more you think about it, the more you realize that Rina has been basically brainwashed by Cartia. Sure, she deserves some blame but all of this started when she was young and everyone remembers how easily emotions overtake you when your that young.
Feb 22, 2011 5:42 PM

Oct 2010
prismheart said:
Yumekichi11 said:
Rina is also a whore, I can't believe how much 180 degrees this episode pulled off but one thing I know Rina cheated big time on Rio, she used her roll ruler through trapping in a alternate dimension to make Rio KO mainly due to Rio's mental state. More later.
I don't know if I would go that far. The more you think about it, the more you realize that Rina has been basically brainwashed by Cartia. Sure, she deserves some blame but all of this started when she was young and everyone remembers how easily emotions overtake you when your that young.
Yeah but Cartia told her everything from the looks of it not when she was young, her sad expressions are due to feeling bad for her mother because she is ill not from learning a truth of Cartia at that time IMO, less she knew how to put a poker face when she was that young. The past is really not clear yet apart from them playing happily with Rio's mother being present and then the Rina's mother being sick part. We don't even know if Cartia fabricated all this and Rina is just gullible due to her strong emotions like you mention. Either way Rina now has 11 Gate Cards and all is screwed up. I am expecting a full blown out war either with Rio getting the last 2 remaining cards and challenging Rina again or Rina's mother getting back to health due to Rio's mother finding out a cure with Rina's father, I suspect that's why Risa disappeared suddenly along with Rina's father, and somehow it gets all solved. Exposing Cartia's schemes.

Feb 22, 2011 5:52 PM

Jun 2010
No say it ain't so. Rina can't be like that. She brought us great moments like the bathroom scene, without that what will we watch. But in all seriousness, Rio's mom couldn't have done that. I think everyone has the facts wrong. Sure Rio might have left with Rina's dad, but I bet you they went to check something out because they had a face that something was wrong. If they did run away together, then they would've been happy, but it's not like that. Also, RIO LOST?!?!?!?!?! I can't believe Rina did that. I thought she would've played a fair game, but she used a trick and made Rio faint. Tsk Tsk Tsk, this is how you lose your character ratings.

Feb 22, 2011 5:57 PM

Jul 2008
Next episode doesn't really look like it will have much to do with what just happened. Will this all be resolved quickly, or will Rina like leave with the gates and never come back or something XD
Feb 22, 2011 7:27 PM

Aug 2010
Yumekichi11 said:
Yeah but Cartia told her everything from the looks of it not when she was young, her sad expressions are due to feeling bad for her mother because she is ill not from learning a truth of Cartia at that time IMO, less she knew how to put a poker face when she was that young. The past is really not clear yet apart from them playing happily with Rio's mother being present and then the Rina's mother being sick part. We don't even know if Cartia fabricated all this and Rina is just gullible due to her strong emotions like you mention. Either way Rina now has 11 Gate Cards and all is screwed up. I am expecting a full blown out war either with Rio getting the last 2 remaining cards and challenging Rina again or Rina's mother getting back to health due to Rio's mother finding out a cure with Rina's father, I suspect that's why Risa disappeared suddenly along with Rina's father, and somehow it gets all solved. Exposing Cartia's schemes.

Well, I will agree that Rina might be taking it too far. She is taking it all out on Rio who really had nothing to do with what happened. It would be cliche but I do think they will expose Cartia for fabricating some of the story. Yes, I also agree with the fact that Rio will probably pick herself up and challenge Rina again as kind of a way to save her from her bitterness. Let us hope that it will all be done within the confines of yuri :)

Whoa, that's some big prediction saying that Rina's father and Risa are trying to find a cure. Where do you get that idea from?
Feb 22, 2011 8:34 PM

Sep 2010
The first half of the episode was entertaining.
Feb 22, 2011 8:54 PM
Jun 2008
oh my what just happen really indeed so many TWIST this ep

another gate battle in a coin toss with end up another rio win give she face a total meathead con who can count to 28, say a to q & never got a cold in 300yrs.
after that where rina?
then we go star force to hack the system.
after etc etc here come big TWIST it's all set up give rina & cartia we're both in plan give it all rina's REVENGE to get on rio & her mom.
more reveal cartia is rina aunt & both rio & rina are SISTERS just half-blood related.
all because of years ago involve rina's dad went with rio's mom while rina's mom is ill?!
now gate battle in poker during which rio enter rina's world & ko.

reallly what a TWIST in many i knew this anime worth my watch & next ep who knows give those 2 guys from first 2eps are back & "what"?!
LIVING THE GS-LIFESTYLE
MR.GS
JUST ON THE JOURNEY THROUGH THE ANIME WORLD
THE KLAC OF ANIME WORLD
you either with ANIME http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 or against the anime
Feb 22, 2011 10:03 PM

Oct 2010
prismheart said:
To put it bluntly, I assume and speculate only to laugh it out at the end if I am right and shock/dissapoint myself if I got trolled completely. Take it this way with scene order, Rina's father with her mother and next scene with Cartia talking about it Risa/Rina's father going out somewhere. This all happened when Rina's mother was in bed, she just went coma and worsen while being in shock from most likely Cartia telling her what she saw. In fact Cartia would not tell this to Rina but I think she cause the condition of Rina's mother to worsen. You don't tell someone gravely in bed that her loved one is cheating on her or what may seem as cheating. You should comfort them.

Feb 23, 2011 9:20 AM

Feb 2010
:O Rio lost. and Rina pretty much backstabbed Rio O.o
Feb 23, 2011 10:50 AM
(Gamer)

Aug 2009
Wow, they're sisters. :P

Feb 23, 2011 11:39 AM

Nov 2008
K0S-M0S said:
Wow, they're sisters. :P

I already seen that coming when she appeared.

Really sad backstory, Rio and Rina's mom died a miserable, slow, painful death. Rio got the good end of the stick afterwards and Rina had to be taken care of by the dirty bastard Cartia.

Feb 23, 2011 1:59 PM

Nov 2009
I think everyone expected the betrayal, but i have to say the whole sister part is hard to imagine. Which means since the two of them are the same age that she stole him before she went into the house to care for Rina's mom.

Actually impressed. Still not completely convinced why Rina is this angry though. I wonder how Risa will be redeemed, unless they don't plan to fix Risa's image.
Feb 23, 2011 2:28 PM

Jan 2011
What a lot of people need to realize is that the father must have done some foul shit. For them to be around the same age like that, he had to do some creeping around. He even looks like a playboy from those images of him we've seen...
Feb 24, 2011 6:32 AM

Jun 2009
Man, oh man... Words can't describe what i think about this show.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Feb 27, 2011 12:29 AM

Jan 2009
I'm not particularly satisfied with this sudden turn of events. I don't feel the execution was done well, but I can't really say the rest of the anime was well done either...
Feb 28, 2011 3:49 PM

May 2008
She is her Sister?
I still can't believe Rio lost.....Where's a Trap Card when you need one...
Mar 3, 2011 11:47 PM

Jun 2008
prismheart said:
Yumekichi11 said:

Now i won't make an argument on whether Rina is evil or anything like that but i have to say, that's one wrong usage of the world "whore". To my understanding "whore" is a woman that gets payed to have sex with men. Except if Rina was fucking people to get her cards (Btw if she did i demand to see those scenes) i hardly think the word whore is the right way to describe her.

This evil little smile was a win though.
Jun 4, 2012 8:21 PM

Nov 2011
Cat's out of the bag and it seems that her

Also, bad ending ;o
Jan 3, 2013 7:18 PM

Sep 2012
Rio lost? Wow. I didn't expect Rina and Rio to be sisters...
I had a feeling Rina was evil.
Jan 16, 2014 5:57 PM

May 2012
That's a nice twist and damn that ending! Well things sure are going to get intense next!
Nov 1, 2015 1:59 PM

Jul 2013
I can't believe Rina is working with Cartia for revenge! I can't believe she's evil! she seemed so nice D:

Plus Rio lost to her! D:

Plus they are sisters! D:
Feb 18, 2016 2:19 PM

Apr 2013
I never trusted Rina in the first place. Doesn't change the fact though that this show fails at everything right now... ecchi where?
Sep 7, 2017 3:24 AM

Mar 2012
star force from old video game of nes.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime online
Nov 4, 2018 7:47 AM

Nov 2013
Finally a good episode.
Jul 17, 2020 2:38 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Wtf so Rina and Rio are sisters... this drama is sure quite weird, I didn't not think she was evil, I prefered when it was about ecchi relaxing gamble xD
Apr 30, 2022 8:23 AM
Jan 2014
I pretty much already guessed that Rio and Rina were sisters somehow wa yback when the fat president guy first mentioned Rina's measurements, and they were the exact same as Rio's...

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rio: Rainbow Gate! Episode 13 Discussion

Blackbird - Mar 29, 2011

44 by RioAl »»
Jan 3, 3:13 AM

Poll: » Rio: Rainbow Gate! Episode 4 Discussion

-Angy- - Jan 25, 2011

41 by Hayley2877 »»
Mar 8, 2023 7:25 AM

Poll: » Rio: Rainbow Gate! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kanade-chan - Jan 18, 2011

50 by Hayley2877 »»
Mar 7, 2023 6:26 AM

Poll: » Rio: Rainbow Gate! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

de_arimasu - Jan 11, 2011

61 by Hayley2877 »»
Mar 7, 2023 6:13 AM

Poll: » Rio: Rainbow Gate! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

garfield15 - Jan 4, 2011

175 by Hayley2877 »»
Mar 6, 2023 12:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.