Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 21, 2011 5:54 AM

Aug 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
MEEEN! I'm leaking!
And hey, that guy from the council is really a guy xD (i was always under the impression that he was a woman)
Anyway, from the looks of it, one episode remaining from this arc. This episode was good, relating it to it's predecessors of this arc. Well, all I can say for for is that I'm waiting for the next episode, right? :D
Feb 21, 2011 5:58 AM

Sep 2010
MEEEEEEEEEN I've laughed out loud when he took a rock on his head %D

So there is only one episode left before fillers?
Feb 21, 2011 6:08 AM

Sep 2007
Not sûre about fillers ...
Not bonus chapters ?
Feb 21, 2011 6:20 AM
Aug 2010
Awesomeness is the only word i can think of!!! From April the 2nd, episodes will air on Saturdays at 10:30. Guess thats when they start the next arc.
Feb 21, 2011 6:26 AM

Feb 2008
Is it just me that think Wendy Roar is kind of weird?

Great episode :D

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Feb 21, 2011 6:34 AM

Jun 2010
thnx for your hard work Jellal :(
so there'll filler?
5/5 great ep!
Feb 21, 2011 7:00 AM

Jul 2008
FCUK YEAH!!!

That was a great ep indeed.
Feb 21, 2011 7:03 AM

Jun 2008
Natsu is fired up, again! :D

Gotta love this Jellal/Erza scene... But those squirrels kinda ruined the mood :P And I think next episode is gonna be sad, especially for Erza...

And every time I hear Ichiya, I have Aizen from "Bleach" right before my eyes... MEEEEEN, I'M LEAKING! :D

~♥It’s the heart that really matters in the end♥~

Feb 21, 2011 7:19 AM
Jan 2011
This is why Jellal is underrated, Dragon Force Natsu is one of the most powerful being and he would have killed him with Abyss Break if not stopped by the wound. On the other hand Zero just fails so hard, from the beginning to the end.

And yep Natsu's fights are predictable, he cheeses too much and one shot everyone, which is boring.

tovabrink said:

Gotta love this Jellal/Erza scene... But those squirrels kinda ruined the mood :P And I think next episode is gonna be sad, especially for Erza...

The squirrels scene is actually the hint for their relationships.
Feb 21, 2011 7:42 AM

Sep 2008
LUCKY Y U ABLE TO SUMMON GEMINI WITHOUT KEY EVEN WITHOUT A CONTRACT?
Somebody wanna clear this up for me? Hope she gets the keys anyways it ticked me off when she didn't.
Feb 21, 2011 7:53 AM

Sep 2007
The key can survive some time before have a new master.
She don't have first the contract with them. XD
Feb 21, 2011 8:39 AM

Feb 2009
The part about Igneel and Wally was new, I don't remember that in the manga.
It's nice that new things are added here to supplement some things missing in the manga.
Aside from that, the conclusion of the fight didn't have the same spark and impact as episode 40, Natsu vs Jellal but it was ok.
I got teary-eyed a bit when Hot Eye was crying. Damn the OST here sure is amazing.
If that got me that riled up, I can't wait for next week with that scene with Erza in the opening song. That was a very powerful scene in the manga alone so I expect that it'll be even better with the excellent music here.
And I was right that we'll get one more episode for this arc to wrap things up.
Now, will we continue to next arc, animate some special chapter for fillers or do some anime-only fillers. Let's see next week.

MEEEENNN!!
Feb 21, 2011 9:06 AM

Jul 2010
This council member is a bitch i'm gonna hate the next episode.
Feb 21, 2011 9:13 AM

Feb 2010
happy ending^^ nope the incompetent council strikes again.....
Feb 21, 2011 9:50 AM

Sep 2009
Ichiya was hilarious with his need to pee. xD

After such an intense mission/fight you'd expect some sort of happy ending but nooo, looks like the silly council is out to ruin it for us. :U
Feb 21, 2011 10:09 AM

Aug 2010
Ah.. Now I remember why Natsu is on top of my fav list :3
Feb 21, 2011 10:54 AM

Jul 2010
Ahww Natsu was totally totally awesome! :D Can't get enough of his fights _O_

It was a really nice arc, a lot of action, great music and a good ending... well... not for Jellal but I do hope he'll come back (as his good self) somewhere in the future. Hell, maybe he'll even join Fairy Tail ^^

I hope the next arc will be at least this awesome but I'm a bit worried about Natsu, if he used his full magical power; phoenix flames (or something like that) what will his next "ultimate" move be? Hmm well guess I can only look forward to that <3
Feb 21, 2011 11:13 AM

Aug 2009
I agree, the squirrels. Although it did give a good hint when Erza smiled and said, "I..." and got interrupted.
"MEEEEEENNNN"

I literally cried when Hot Eye started crying. What a beautiful moment. :'3
By the way, what happened with Zero? He just fell and died or what?
Feb 21, 2011 11:44 AM

Aug 2010
Kazandravk said:
I agree, the squirrels. Although it did give a good hint when Erza smiled and said, "I..." and got interrupted.
"MEEEEEENNNN"

She was about to confess.
Feb 21, 2011 11:49 AM

Feb 2010
This episode was all kinds of awesome. First half was a tad cheesy but still was cool enough to have an impact due in no small part to the music once again.

-Awesome music
-Awesome Ichiya
-Awesome Hoteye-brother-scene
Feb 21, 2011 12:14 PM

Feb 2010
-Man. Natsu as a kid look MAD skinny.
-I loled when Gray just jumped out of Nirvana and wheeeeee he fell down and down and down...xD I don't know...I just find that scene funny.
-Lol at Ichiya moments.
-OST music awesome as usual. Though the OST when the council people came sounds really familiar (doesnt it sound like one of those famous classical music?)
-Next episode is going to be heartbreaking (esp for Erza) ;___;

Talukita said:
This is why Jellal is underrated, Dragon Force Natsu is one of the most powerful being and he would have killed him with Abyss Break if not stopped by the wound. On the other hand Zero just fails so hard, from the beginning to the end.

And yep Natsu's fights are predictable, he cheeses too much and one shot everyone, which is boring.

This ^.

belatkuro said:

I got teary-eyed a bit when Hot Eye was crying. Damn the OST here sure is amazing.
If that got me that riled up, I can't wait for next week with that scene with Erza in the opening song. That was a very powerful scene in the manga alone so I expect that it'll be even better with the excellent music here.

And this ^.

belatkuro said:
The part about Igneel and Wally was new, I don't remember that in the manga.
It's nice that new things are added here to supplement some things missing in the manga.

I dont remember it either. The Igneel part wasn't (I've just checked). The Wally part (well except the flashback part) was actually in the manga.

*Edit: So they're going to animate Edolas arc? Not my favorite arc at all but hopefully they'll animate it well nevertheless.
sallym613Feb 21, 2011 12:20 PM
Feb 21, 2011 1:29 PM

Sep 2009
Renditions said:
LUCKY Y U ABLE TO SUMMON GEMINI WITHOUT KEY EVEN WITHOUT A CONTRACT?
Somebody wanna clear this up for me? Hope she gets the keys anyways it ticked me off when she didn't.
Gemini wasn't under a contract at that time, they just left lingering behind in the human world after their contract with Angel was broken and decided to help Lucy since she kinda impressed them with her kind attitude towards spirits.
Feb 21, 2011 1:38 PM
May 2010
Laevateinn00 said:
Awesomeness is the only word i can think of!!! From April the 2nd, episodes will air on Saturdays at 10:30. Guess thats when they start the next arc.

Can you provide a source?

EdwardDaemon said:
Falcon PAUNCH! Awesome episode.
Laevateinn00 said:
From April the 2nd, episodes will air on Saturdays at 10:30. Guess thats when they start the next arc.

Wat?! Does that mean that starting with Edolas we'll get blood? Finally!

What does that have to do with anything? o_O
Feb 21, 2011 2:10 PM
Mar 2010
Igloo said:
Laevateinn00 said:

http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/contents/fairytail/news/index.html

The 2/16 post.

EdwardDaemon said:
Laevateinn00 said:
From April the 2nd, episodes will air on Saturdays at 10:30. Guess thats when they start the next arc.

One of the reasons that Fairy Tail probably hasn't had blood in it, is it's time slot. People are just jumping to the conclusion that "change in time slot" automatically equals "will have blood".
Feb 21, 2011 2:16 PM

Feb 2010
Igloo said:
Laevateinn00 said:

EdwardDaemon said:
Laevateinn00 said:

here http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/contents/fairytail/news/index.html btw it is 10.30 in the morning so still bo blood^^
Feb 21, 2011 3:08 PM

Apr 2010
Nice ending seeing to Lucy's was nice.
And Happy must have enjoyed that hug from Lucy.

Jellal having to face the council came as no surprise even if he lost his memory about it, they cant have criminals running free and it would set a bed example if they didn't arrest him.
Wendy's reaction to Natsu being alive was nice to see.
Feb 21, 2011 3:31 PM

May 2010

Epic. Epic. Epic! =]
I think Erza was going to tell Jellal she loves him! :O
Omg..!
♥.♥
"Wait for the signal, and I'll meet you after dark"
Feb 21, 2011 5:44 PM

May 2009
Probably the best ep in the arc, I changed the score back to a 10 because of this ep
FINALLY! WENDY USED ATTACK MAGIC! keep at it!
Feb 21, 2011 6:27 PM

Sep 2006
Magical Shonen Natsu is cliche, but I still love how amazing his dragon attacks are. There seems to be more Secret Dragon Slayer art lately, i like it.

Does Wendy eat air to charge her attacks? Or does she have to charge up, like Goku's Kameha attack? Since she always has her magic source around she's like the most insane Slayer around, except her offensive power is .... pretty bad.
Feb 21, 2011 7:11 PM

Jan 2010
this arc is dragging on and on. Honestly I want it to end now. This ep was good though so I cant complain too much.
A man who knows nothing and says something IS the dumbest person alive. A man who knows something and says nothing could possibly be the smartest person in the world -Unknown

Feb 21, 2011 10:57 PM

Sep 2010
Good episode. MEEEEEN!

The ending scene ended up making me listening to the ending :p

Ichiya is a funny guy.
Feb 21, 2011 11:57 PM

Oct 2010
Less ichiya more erza!
Feb 22, 2011 2:27 AM

Oct 2008
MEEEEEEEEEEN.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Feb 22, 2011 3:23 AM

May 2008
lols Wally ftw i do hope we get to see Erza's frens again. oh god this reminded me of Simon :( poor guy

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Feb 22, 2011 7:24 AM

Mar 2009
Pff stop screwing up Jellals life!
Feb 22, 2011 8:03 AM
Sep 2010
cardinal4 said:
Does Wendy eat air to charge her attacks? Or does she have to charge up, like Goku's Kameha attack? Since she always has her magic source around she's like the most insane Slayer around, except her offensive power is .... pretty bad.
i guess she does eat air. if she had more offensive power she would be (like you said) the most insane dragon slayer. with that said i wish she learns to fight properly.

this ep was awesome. as always i lold for ichya. what happened to the others? the ones who were riding christina.
Feb 22, 2011 9:34 AM

Sep 2010
I want to go into a machine, be animated and hug natsu.
It really was a magnificent episode!
Feb 22, 2011 6:47 PM

Dec 2010
Awesome episode, emotional and funny at the same time but I don't like Natsu's fights
Feb 22, 2011 7:03 PM

Jun 2008
Jellal is a "Decent" villain...at best.

However as a "good guy" he's even WORSE, I'm really hoping he turns into a villain again.

The Group is just so stupid and Naive.....are they really defending a guy who nearly KILLED them, and tried to set the world into chaos???

WHY???

Because he lost his memories???

This is why they majority of Shounen protagonist are so BAD and hopelessly idiotic.

They always have a "let's be friends" mentality, it's honestly SICKENING.

Erza has lost so much in this arc, I really don't think theres anything she could do to redeem herself.

Overall the arc had it's good moments, but mostly it was BAD, the Oracion Seis were pathetic, Zero was incredibly lame, and the whole concept of Nirvana made ABSOLUTELY NO SENSE WHATSOEVER.

I'm just glad this arc is finally over...
Feb 22, 2011 7:47 PM

Oct 2010
Kazandravk said:
"MEEEEEENNNN"

Yea too bad she got interrupted.
Feb 22, 2011 9:23 PM
Jan 2011
alexcampos said:
Jellal is a "Decent" villain...at best.

However as a "good guy" he's even WORSE, I'm really hoping he turns into a villain again.

The Group is just so stupid and Naive.....are they really defending a guy who nearly KILLED them, and tried to set the world into chaos???

WHY???

Because he lost his memories???

This is why they majority of Shounen protagonist are so BAD and hopelessly idiotic.

They always have a "let's be friends" mentality, it's honestly SICKENING.

Erza has lost so much in this arc, I really don't think theres anything she could do to redeem herself.

Overall the arc had it's good moments, but mostly it was BAD, the Oracion Seis were pathetic, Zero was incredibly lame, and the whole concept of Nirvana made ABSOLUTELY NO SENSE WHATSOEVER.

I'm just glad this arc is finally over...

I'm tired of having to explain this again and again. Please read or watch the Anime carefully. Did I have to remind you that he was brainwashed by Ultear? Or how he fused with the Etherion so save Erza?

Seriously, people need to think what is the author trying to say. He wants to prove that Jellal was never ever bad in the first place. The amnesia is to make his life become more dramatic. It makes his way of redemption become rougher than anyone else, because no one trusts him, thinking that all of his doings is because of the amnesia. Do you really think that he will become evil again if he regains his memories? The second reason is to block his power. You don't want to see him one shot the whole Nirvana with Abyss Break, do you?

What's wrong with Erza? If it's not because of her, Jellal would have fallen to the dark path again, leaving Natsu getting destroyed by Zero, and that's fine for me.

And if you think Jellal is an decent villain, then trust me you will be disappointed more and more in the future. Jellal is voted to be the best antagonist in FT so far.

I have nothing to say more. One thing is that I'm pretty sure is that this is not his final appearance. If he reappears as an asshole like before, then fine, you can insult him as much as you want, no objections. But if he saves the day, or even sacrifices for Erza, you just corners yourself anyway. Hoteye was changed by Nirvana, why don't you blame him? Luxus would have destroyed the whole Magnolia if not stopped by Erza, Gajeel destroyed Fairy Tail , especially that they made those things on their own will compared to Jellal, and they are forgiven while Jellal is not? Pftttt.

Don't know if this is a spoiler or not, but still put it is there just in case.
TalukitaFeb 22, 2011 9:42 PM
Feb 22, 2011 10:08 PM

Jun 2008
Talukita said:
Did I have to remind you that he was brainwashed by Ultear? Or how he fused with the Etherion so save Erza?

That's why he's NOT a good Villain or antagonist...

A villain doesn't change his mind and become a "Good Guy", nor does he decide to save others because of "emotional attachments".

If he were a "Proper Villain" he should have never saved Erza and focused on his goal.

Remember the Villain is supposed to be the BAD GUY, not someone you cheer for.

Talukita said:
Do you really think that he will become evil again if he regains his memories?

If he doesn't become evil again, then Fairy Tail takes a huge hit in MY book, one thing I can't stand is when an antagonist joins with the protagonist just so people will like him.....unfortunately I've seen it happened far too many times.

Talukita said:
What's wrong with Erza? If it's not because of her, Jellal would have fallen to the dark path again, leaving Natsu getting destroyed by Zero, and that's fine for me.

Her character USED to be a badass S-class mage who was stronger than most of the FT characters...

Now, she's a lovesick little girl, who needs help from everyone else, clearly the mangaka drastically changed her character into something I think is a generic use for girls in Shounen manga.

It rare to see a "strong" female in shounen manga/anime, Erza USED to be one of those.....NOT ANYMORE.

In other words, Erza = Lucy......This is very disappointing.

Talukita said:
And if you think Jellal is an decent villain, then trust me you will be disappointed more and more in the future. Jellal is voted to be the best antagonist in FT so far.

I LIKE him as a Villian, he's not the best villain, but I prefer him to be EVIL than a stupid side character with amnesia.

I would rather have him trying to destroy the world, or Erza, or whoever, than how he is right now.

Also, the only reason he was voted the best "antagonist" is because all the other villains have SUCKED.
Feb 22, 2011 10:30 PM
Jan 2011
alexcampos said:
That's why he's NOT a good Villain or antagonist...

A villain doesn't change his mind and become a "Good Guy", nor does he decide to save others because of "emotional attachments".

If he were a "Proper Villain" he should have never saved Erza and focused on his goal.

Remember the Villain is supposed to be the BAD GUY, not someone you cheer for

Then why do you blame him in the first place? He is not supposed to be a true villain, just being brainwashed and became a tool. Ultear is, on the other hand, only she and Jellal are 2 goods villain in FT so far.

alexcampos said:
If he doesn't become evil again, then Fairy Tail takes a huge hit in MY book, one thing I can't stand is when an antagonist joins with the protagonist just so people will like him.....unfortunately I've seen it happened far too many times.

Fine, after all it's shounen, there aren't some things like that happen in One Piece, Naruto or Bleach?

alexcampos said:
Her character USED to be a badass S-class mage who was stronger than most of the FT characters...

Now, she's a lovesick little girl, who needs help from everyone else, clearly the mangaka drastically changed her character into something I think is a generic use for girls in Shounen manga.

It rare to see a "strong" female in shounen manga/anime, Erza USED to be one of those.....NOT ANYMORE.

In other words, Erza = Lucy......This is very disappointing.

So? Being lovesick or emo doesn't effect her being a badass. Even men have time become weak. And trust me Erza is still badass, especially in next arc. Mashima just always try to overshadow her (block Jupiter, turned to stone, poisoned, blah blah blah) so that Natsu has the chance to shine. Strong characters must receive "nerf" when they are in the good side. Jellal's amnesia is one example.

alexcampos said:

I LIKE him as a Villian, he's not the best villain, but I prefer him to be EVIL than a stupid side character with amnesia.

I would rather have him trying to destroy the world, or Erza, or whoever, than how he is right now.

Also, the only reason he was voted the best "antagonist" is because all the other villains have SUCKED.

True, but still it hasn't changed the fact that he was a good villain compared to other villains in FT so far. Not that I don't like he to become a villain again, it's just the fact that nearly all villains in FT are one shotted by Natsu so far, which is painful to watch (and he keeps doing that in the future).
Feb 23, 2011 4:24 AM

Jun 2010
AT LAST, the end of the arc i near. I don't care if there are fillers, but please, change the subject for once
Feb 23, 2011 6:53 AM

Dec 2009
I hope Erza will kick kick the crap of the council member ... he may be right but noone messes with a romantic scene and gets away with it!
Feb 23, 2011 1:17 PM

Apr 2007
Finally this shitty arc is basically over and I can watch Fairy Tail again. I really can't wait to see Edolas animated~

And I agree with alexcampos regarding Erza and Jellal. They both turned into lame characters over time and I honestly don't care for either of them anymore.

The author obviously likes having his villains help the main heroes since he has done it a few times already in FT and his past work, but using amnesia as the main reason is major fail. It's the lazy way to do so. It would have been better for Jellal to realize he was being manipulated and choose to become good himself instead of completely forgetting the past. Or just have something happen other than amnesia. I would have disliked the outcome either way though. Evil Jellal FTW.
Feb 23, 2011 2:37 PM

Oct 2009
Ow no, it's about to leak out... MEEEN!

Blackbird said:
Is it just me that think Wendy Roar is kind of weird?

Just a normal dragon's roar imo.
Feb 23, 2011 9:43 PM

Aug 2008
Oh. Thank god. The military arrives. Not a moment too soon.
Feb 23, 2011 11:21 PM

Mar 2010
touching story from hoteye.. desuyo/ got teary when he cried. the perfumn guy should have just peed on the spot while screaming "MMEEENNNN", it would be freaking hilarious
Geso
-----:D
Feb 24, 2011 5:57 PM
Jul 2010
Great ep indeed.
The story between the brothers is touching...
What will Erza do about the Jellal?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 121 Discussion ( 1 2 )

MermaidGalaxies - Mar 9, 2012

88 by phantom346 »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kashim - Dec 14, 2009

94 by gannoncannon55 »»
Yesterday, 10:20 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 120 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Jantian - Mar 2, 2012

103 by phantom346 »»
Yesterday, 9:49 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

kashim - Dec 7, 2009

125 by gannoncannon55 »»
Yesterday, 9:37 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Free_Candy - Nov 30, 2009

141 by gannoncannon55 »»
Yesterday, 9:12 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.