Forum Settings
Forums

Third Season of Natsume Yuujincho Announced

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Apr 22, 2011 7:32 AM

Jun 2009
A 3rd season? Oh shit son!

It was only last year when I was dreaming for this and now it's finally going to happen.
Apr 23, 2011 7:39 AM

May 2009
I hope the 3rd season is just as good as the last 2! :3 can't wait for it to come out!!!
Apr 23, 2011 10:31 PM

Feb 2009
this. has made my day 8D have been always waiting for some miracle that there would be a third season for this anime!! can't wait! > 3< definitely looking forward to it! XDD
Apr 25, 2011 4:24 PM

Jun 2010
Oh my goodness! Suwabe Junichi will be voicing a character in this! :O
I love the first two seasons but I never dreamed that there would be a third season and I'm totally flabbergasted that my favorite voice actor would be in this as well!!!

I'm totally psyched now!!! :D

I absolutely LOVE Madara/Nyanko-sensei! :D He's just too cute!
Hi
Apr 29, 2011 9:25 PM

Jan 2010
YEAH!!!!!
Apr 30, 2011 2:32 AM
Jan 2008
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEY!!
This totally makes my day :D
More Nyanko-sensei~!
May 2, 2011 4:26 AM

Nov 2007
Kyaaa im excited <3
May 7, 2011 9:28 AM
Feb 2010
Found out this morning, and it really made my day!
May 13, 2011 4:16 PM
May 2011
Awesome! I can't wait. The recent chapters have been really good. I wonder what parts the new season will cover.
=^.^= Nyanko-Sensei!
May 13, 2011 9:54 PM

May 2008
5camp said:
Damnit Brains Base. Natsume Yuujinchou is a cool show and all, but Durarara, Kuragehime and Spice and Wolf all needed new seasons more.

Ah well. It if starts raining pies, don't go complain about the flavour

I so disagree with you! Durarara was kinda of messy, Spice and Wolf was boring and Kuragehime can wait a little longer, since it's more recent than Natsume Yuujinchou.

This is truly the best anime news in more than a year, for sure!
90% of Anime is shit, but then, 90% of everything is shit.
May 16, 2011 7:42 PM

Oct 2010
Best shit ever! This anime got my stress out. Those who have stress watch this! It's a life saver. Well nice news! I am in!

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
May 18, 2011 10:21 PM

Oct 2007
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! -squeals- I thought they finished with the second season -fangirls- I had to hold in a shout of happyness -1am here- but i had a big ass grin =DDDDD I can't wait for it >.< Mmm....have to read the manga though....have to find a good place.
But omg, this is like the only anime in which I finish two seasons in less than a week

I can't wait for it, I need it now!!!! >.< I wanna feel all bubbly and happy-or sad- on the inside ^^
May 19, 2011 12:06 AM
Oct 2008
Wait, this series is classified as Shoujo? No wonder I find this series to be unbelievably boring even though it has a decent amount of fans. Right, now it all makes sense.
Jun 3, 2011 6:34 AM

Nov 2007
GREAT! i really miss Natsume!
Im planning to read the manga, but when i saw that there will be 3rd season, i changed my mind! aha. will wait for the third season for now! :))
gahhH! this is really nice news! :)
Jun 6, 2011 10:20 PM

Feb 2008
inn0centdem0n said:
GREAT! i really miss Natsume!
Im planning to read the manga, but when i saw that there will be 3rd season, i changed my mind! aha. will wait for the third season for now! :))
gahhH! this is really nice news! :)

hey dei, thanks for the news. I am really looking forward in watching this new season. I thought they will not make the sequel for zoku natsu and that will be a real bummer.. :)
♥ this anime very much.. :)
... =_=

Jun 11, 2011 9:50 PM

May 2010
Less than a month away!!!!!!!!! I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jun 14, 2011 3:02 AM
May 2011
I. CANT. WAIT. ヾ(๑╹◡╹๑)ノ

...5 minutes after waiting...

щ(゚Д゚щ)
Jun 14, 2011 6:26 AM
Jul 2010
kurotera said:
5camp said:
Damnit Brains Base. Natsume Yuujinchou is a cool show and all, but Durarara, Kuragehime and Spice and Wolf all needed new seasons more.

Ah well. It if starts raining pies, don't go complain about the flavour

I so disagree with you! Durarara was kinda of messy, Spice and Wolf was boring and Kuragehime can wait a little longer, since it's more recent than Natsume Yuujinchou.

This is truly the best anime news in more than a year, for sure!

How was Durarara messy, did you made sure you watched with monitor turned on?How can spice and wolf be boring, there is only two explanations for this, first one, you have really different taste, but just because of that bashing other anime makes you really narrow minded person, second, those anime were too difficult for your to understand so you just instead of trying to figure out what the whole idea was you just dropped it, anyways pick your choice, as I, myself,Would like to get ar least Spice and Wolf third season, though Natsume Yuujinchou is good as well.
Jun 19, 2011 9:20 AM
Mar 2011
YAY~
I'm so exited about the third season! I just finished watching season 2 and I'm almost done with all the available chapters for the manga. I love this anime! :D
Jun 24, 2011 8:55 PM

Sep 2010
Yahoooo it's almost here! I totally didn't see a third season coming, actually. So this is such a pleasant surprise.

Hoping Crunchyroll will simulcast it (I don't see why they wouldn't, as they already hold a license for seasons 1 & 2)! :3
Jun 25, 2011 9:06 AM

Jan 2010
I personally think 1st season was pretty boring, but 2nd one is good, hope 3rd'll be even better :---------------------D
Jun 26, 2011 10:15 AM

May 2010
Even though Zoku NJ is one of my favourite Animes, I didnt even know there was a 3rd season announced until just now. And it's coming in ONLY ONE WEEK? HELL YES!
Jul 1, 2011 7:34 PM
Aug 2009
2d 13h 56m till airtime~ can't wait
Jul 2, 2011 5:57 AM

Oct 2010
gha! I#m getting goosebumbs ! come on, hurry, hurry>!!!!!!
Jul 3, 2011 3:31 PM
Aug 2009
Anyone have a clue as to which group plans on subbing it?
Jul 3, 2011 5:07 PM

Nov 2006
Citrix said:
Anyone have a clue as to which group plans on subbing it?
It's been ~licensed by Crunchyroll~ so it'll be HorribleSubs and other groups ripping it mainly. If the simulcast (I'm assuming it's going to be simulcast) is late, someone is bound to pick it up, but I haven't heard anything.
Jul 3, 2011 8:33 PM

Nov 2006
I thinnnkkkk they're CR/other sub rippers but I'm not totally sure. I've heard that they are, but that doesn't mean much.
Jul 4, 2011 12:21 AM

Dec 2010
Nice. I'll be watching.

I'll have to finish up the first and second season first though.

Jul 5, 2011 11:38 PM

Nov 2007
Commie (encode, typesetting, OP/ED translation) and Horriblesubs (direct simulcast rip) are doing CR's. Commie has a tendency of localizing CR scripts even though CR has been keeping japanese terminologies, honorifics and eastern naming order. So as you can guess from it, if you are a weeaboo like me, watch Horribles, since CR's original script is meant for weeaboos like me. If you want westernized shit which doesnt have anything to do with an anime which has a setting entirely based on 'JAPAN' then go with commie's.

Hatsuyuki and WoodBridge are planning to do Natsume 3 as real fansubs, which means they will have their own translation. WoodBridge for your information has the best subs out there in their first ever project - Ao no Exorcist. So they will be a good group to pick up Nat San if they release quick, but they are usually a day or two late.

So your options are at this moment:
- watch share raws/ grab raw torrents after 30 mins of airing in Japan, provided your understanding of Nihongo is at least of an intermediate level.
- pay CR and watch in their website from anywhere in the world (new thing, yep, now it includes the whole world minus the two koreas and japan).
- do not pay but watch a week after the original date in 'some parts' of the world. This excludes Canada (WTF!).
- torrent Horriblesubs just 30 minutes into CR's simulcast, they are the fastest rip around. all errors are from CR's script.
- wait for localized shit from commie with another couple of hours wait, of course they have their own encode which is better than simulcasted raw file.
- wait a couple of days for real fansubs, so far Hatsuyuki and WoodBridge have decided to do it.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jul 6, 2011 1:05 AM

Nov 2006
shanimebib said:
Commie has a tendency of localizing CR scripts even though CR has been keeping japanese terminologies, honorifics and eastern naming order.
hmm, didn't realize that. now to decide if i care...

shanimebib said:
WoodBridge for your information has the best subs out there in their first ever project - Ao no Exorcist.
i watched woodbridge's ep 11 while my good computer was in the shop and figured the shitty one i was using couldn't play gg's. i found two or three TL errors in the episode. even though gg have a reputation and don't always do the best job QCing, i rarely have problems with their translations, which i think are more important than minor grammar errors. off topic, but i thought i'd throw in my 2 cents on that since i'm seeing woodbridge touted as amazing everywhere i go.
(though since i've only seen one episode, i've seen very little of their work. if they don't usually have tl errors, i'll stand corrected.)

anyway, thanks for the detailed report on subs. useful to many, i'm sure. :>
Jul 6, 2011 1:34 AM

Nov 2007
windy said:
i watched woodbridge's ep 11 while my good computer was in the shop and figured the shitty one i was using couldn't play gg's. i found two or three TL errors in the episode. even though gg have a reputation and don't always do the best job QCing, i rarely have problems with their translations, which i think are more important than minor grammar errors.

Yet to see episode 11 myself since I have been busy with life. Have plans on watching them this coming weekend and will see if i can catch any error. I certainly didn't catch many, if not, any in their first 10 episodes. :)
Coronavirus.
Jul 6, 2011 10:05 AM

Nov 2007
jmal said:
Honorifics, name order, video quality and speed all meet my requirements.

Yep. CR has finally decided to become a bro for weeaboos like me. The season before the last, they didn't have any show with a translation with japanese terminologies, but the overall translation was good enough. Last season, they decided to go with half the new shows with honorifics but the naming order remained western. This season, they are a complete weeaboo package. I saw Natsume and Kamisama Dolls with CR subs (Yuruyuri too, but few clips only, so it doesn't count) which had QC issues but they came with:

- proper terms: didn't translate yokai and -sensei for examples
- came with honorifics (lol'ed at a case where they added honorifics when it wasn't even mentioned)
- eastern naming order.

To be honest, I categorize anime in two ways:
1. Anime based on Japan
2. Anime based on outside of Japan.

While seeing Natsume (and expecting Usagi Drop too) with honorifics/ Japanese terminologies etc. are the best thing to have, I don't think Ikoku Meiro no Croisée would feel right if they do not translate/omit the honorifics.

It seems FUNi will be the last to add honorifics in their subtitles. But I do remember they kept Japanese terms in the second half of Kuragehime. They are in the learning curve maybe.

NicoNico impressed me with Uta no Prince-sama as their first ever simulcast. I don't know if it will remain free world-wide, but their take on anime is great, probably because they are originally based on Japan. Let's see how Blood-C fares before I can come to an even better impression. :)
shanimebibJul 6, 2011 10:08 AM
Coronavirus.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Yesterday

22 by Piromysl »»
3 minutes ago

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Apr 18

96 by rikazkhan »»
2 hours ago

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - 9 hours ago

0 by DatRandomDude »»
9 hours ago

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

2 by BankaiGoku »»
Apr 22, 11:26 PM

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - Apr 19

10 by malvarez1 »»
Apr 22, 8:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.