Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Feb 21, 2011 3:19 PM

Aug 2008
hmmmm, I think I get it. I wanted to think that Head was Takuto's dad, but that didn't initially make sense when they look the same age. There are still a lot of questions, but this answer did a damn good job of moving things forward.

One of only a few things was how the whole eye incident was handled. Ryosuke was just so cavalier about ripping out his eye. We didn't even get a good painful scene of him right after or anything. I thought that would have been addition, since the trio from the past seemed so damned unnaturally reserved.

Oh yeah, had to watch this twice because I just had a little trouble digesting that Takuto's dad was an ageless, bisexual male version of Utena. It's just kinda wild.

Feb 21, 2011 3:25 PM

Feb 2010
I think pretty much everyone gets why Head doesn't age... my question was about why the dude in the coma didn't seem to age either... I suppose he was also stuck in Zero time as well.. ?
Feb 21, 2011 6:15 PM

Jan 2009
MusashiRose said:
I think pretty much everyone gets why Head doesn't age... my question was about why the dude in the coma didn't seem to age either... I suppose he was also stuck in Zero time as well.. ?

lol a lot of this question i see around this thread, my guess goes like this...

something went wrong on the mark transfer between Head and Shingo (the gay or coma guy) and that trapped part of their soul in Zero Time and we know that Zero Time means time is stopped at the real world so aging stop for them in the real world too
Feb 21, 2011 9:46 PM
Oct 2009
I bet Head and Shingo not aging has something to do with Shingo's first phase. Also, I'm really missing the maiden insert songs at the beginning of each battle. Those songs really set the mood.
Feb 21, 2011 10:42 PM

Sep 2009
The love triangle that Takuto's mom was in kinda made me angry. Just seemed messed up. Maybe I'm just getting too worked up about this.
Feb 21, 2011 11:22 PM

Feb 2010
ios said:
MusashiRose said:

lol a lot of this question i see around this thread, my guess goes like this...

something went wrong on the mark transfer between Head and Shingo (the gay or coma guy) and that trapped part of their soul in Zero Time and we know that Zero Time means time is stopped at the real world so aging stop for them in the real world too

...Makes sense. Thanks for the clarification! :D

saxophone15 said:
The love triangle that Takuto's mom was in kinda made me angry. Just seemed messed up. Maybe I'm just getting too worked up about this.

It was a VERY frustrating love triangle; I wasn't exactly upset, but it was definitely twistedddd... sounds like Takuto loves his grandpa & had a good childhood though, so not all sadness came out of it, but still...
Feb 21, 2011 11:36 PM

Jan 2010
Fish Girl is back !!
Feb 22, 2011 1:18 AM
Jul 2018
This was probably the best episode of the show, let's see where they go from here.

notzky said:
Fish Girl is back !!

I need her song ;o the others just don't do it for me.
Feb 22, 2011 10:58 PM

Jan 2010
I feel sorry for Ryousuke with that twisted triangle love
The Head (AKA Tokio/Reiji Miyabi) doesn't realize he had a son.............
Which is more frustrating.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 23, 2011 7:04 PM

Jul 2009
Head is Takuto's father WAT O_O
Anyways, his past is ... interesting? A bit confusing though. Feel bad for his friend who clawed out his own eye X_X Sora was kind of useless, I mean mistakenly thinking he didn't care but whatever lol. So who's that guy who's asleep? Doesn't Head already have his friend's mark? Why does he need another one? O_O
I liked him better without knowing this lol >_<
Anyway, so another useless battle. Tau Missle is horribly embarrassing to watch. Which reminds me, if that girl can jump out of the balls so easily, why do people never come out of them? Can you not control them? You can't break them or push people out of them? I swear I've seen them jostle around and not be affected a bit ...
Feb 24, 2011 11:00 AM

Nov 2008
Bunny-kins said:
Damn, Ryousuke was pretty hot when he was younger.

Also, is it weird that I found the Ryousuke/Sora/Head triangle more interesting than the current trio? I seriously wouldn't mind if SD would have been about them instead.

Great episode though.

Not the only one. I actually don't think the current triangle is necessary at all. Wako should of just ended up with Sugata or alone, and Takuto with someone other than her, preferably mizuno(my preferance), but really anybody but Wako. I really can't bring myself to like Wako. Anyways, the episode was good, and the info was a lot, so I'm looking forward to more. Yay! I get to see Sakana again, now if they can show Mizuno again, it would be complete.
I am a sucker for romance!!!!
]

Feb 24, 2011 7:57 PM

Sep 2009
awesome ep ...
can't wait for the next one

just one thing ......why Tokio still young ?
Feb 26, 2011 4:52 AM

Dec 2008
saxophone15 said:

same here... i tought i was the only one that was actualy over thinking this matter.
Feb 26, 2011 12:45 PM

May 2008
I might get owned for this..but was there seriously some TokioxMakiba there? >u> I saw it.

Also, Takuto's getting all jelly >D This episode was a real eye opener for side characters and what not. It just keeps getting better. Can't wait for the next one~

Feb 26, 2011 5:33 PM

Aug 2010
Shocked and surprised again at scene when Sugata kissed Wako while Takuto is watching! And so touching episode first of all I hate triangle love. I'm f*cking shiit hate that Tokio he steals a woman from Ryousuke I'm sure he didn't love her.
I don't like Sora at all she cheated on her husband and she was naked front of Tokio just only for painting. Pfff!!! This show turned to romance now? Too sad for ryou
Feb 27, 2011 2:57 AM

Oct 2008
Head is...Takuto's father???
I was like: "What the f***?"
That was pretty shocking.

And honestly speaking I think Head is gay.
Feb 27, 2011 12:32 PM

Oct 2009
saxophone15 said:

I'm a bit neutral about that.
Feb 27, 2011 7:20 PM
Jul 2010
shadowsword said:
Head is...Takuto's father???
I was like: "What the f***?"
That was pretty shocking.

And honestly speaking I think Head is gay.

He's bisexual.
Mar 19, 2011 7:40 AM
Nov 2010
They realized this anime sucks so they throw us random shit to make it look confusing and some people will think "omfg this shit is deep!!!11111"
Mar 26, 2011 9:34 PM

Nov 2009
this show is FULL of whores
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 9, 2011 2:56 PM

Jan 2011
aelove said:
this show is FULL of whores

This is funny cause it's so true.
Jun 12, 2011 10:12 AM

Jun 2011
LaZyZeR0 said:
So that's why I was upset in this ep. It was NTR....
Well anyways Fishgirl is back!!!

This. I really didnt like this episode becuz the NTR totally ruins it.
Aug 2, 2011 11:14 AM

Oct 2009
Takuto has one faggot ass dad. and no one is afraid to fight with Tauburn because Takuto never finishes them off.
FibersAug 2, 2011 11:18 AM
Sep 20, 2011 8:04 PM

Jul 2010
my head is spinning. right round, like somthing that spins right round but i'm too dizzy to say the actual word.

Apr 4, 2012 1:35 AM
Mar 2012
Awesome episode with some real advancement in plot!
Apr 29, 2013 8:29 PM
Aug 2011
We've gone off the deep end now!

Well would you look at that.
Tokio had a boy toy on the side. That's the most surprising thing out of all of this tbh.

Not surprised about Tokio being Takuto's dad. (You get small spoilers along the way when you come on here whilst you're marathoning a show.)
Aug 25, 2013 6:24 AM
May 2012
Fucking hell!!!!!!! NTR shit that made me angry why did Sora fell in love with Tokio fucking shit and why did Ryousuke didn't do anything goddamn it and to think that Fish girl likes Tokio too this why I fucking hate NTR.
Mar 17, 2014 6:16 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

The triangle is in the DNA! XD
Episode intriguing part of the plot concerning the revelations, is pretty substantial, leaving some questions still outstanding, good.
Narrative that shows the changes tasty, the series does very well when it comes to the history of the characters, a little less when it comes to combat mecha, too bad!
Sep 11, 2014 3:10 PM

May 2012
Oh man I really wonder how he's going to get out of this one, that's pretty foul play if you ask me!
May 7, 2016 6:49 AM

Mar 2014
I don't know what to feel about that story but certainly it was pissing me off .
The GIF from this .. I remember that scene ~ . They not all the same I guess.
Great Episode !!! "Trapped in Zero Time." Backstory time .
Sep 3, 2016 6:10 AM

Mar 2016
Tokio is way more interesting than Takuto, Wako, and Sugata combined. His backstory is something this series needed a long time ago.

I thought with the viper bite, Takuto would finally lose a match, but nah, he's even got the enemies helping him out. This show was a lost cause from the start.

That kiss from Sugata on Wako's cheek means nothing, Takuto my boy. Because you're the main character, Wako is inclined to have stronger feelings for you. Ugh.

I'm surprised you guys were right about Tokio being Takuto's father. I thought he would end up being his brother. Looks like you guys get to see your precious "fish girl" next episode. Although that nickname makes it sound like she smells bad...
Jan 25, 2017 6:04 AM

Jul 2008
So eyepatch is his father?
Sep 15, 2021 2:08 PM

Feb 2012
Reiji/Tokio is Takuto's dad... and we know from Professor Green/Hina that a possible phase power is eternal youth...

Takuto's mother, Sora, was in a relationship with Ryousuke (who wears an eyepatch in the present) before meeting Tojio.

The watch Takuto keeps was a gift from his mother and originally from his mother's ex...
Fortress_MaximusSep 19, 2021 11:58 AM

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
May 27, 2022 3:40 AM
Jul 2018
and yet another anime where kids are tying their parents mistakes

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Star Driver: Kagayaki no Takuto Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

HawthorneKitty - Jan 23, 2011

130 by HerdianElang »»
Apr 8, 8:28 PM

Poll: » Star Driver: Kagayaki no Takuto Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

stevewiess01 - Oct 31, 2010

135 by Etherius_ZS »»
Jan 17, 5:33 PM

» This anime have some kind of boys love?

Kuku_Kill - Feb 11, 2023

6 by Ronninn »»
Feb 11, 2023 4:20 PM

Poll: » Star Driver: Kagayaki no Takuto Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

HawthorneKitty - Jan 30, 2011

102 by notbraxten »»
Sep 1, 2022 1:56 AM

Poll: » Star Driver: Kagayaki no Takuto Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

HawthorneKitty - Apr 3, 2011

242 by Alvie48xi »»
Aug 30, 2022 8:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.