Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 18, 2011 9:55 PM

Sep 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I fucking shed quite a bit of tears this episode.
Even though I knew that Hana would destroy the curse of the girls, it hurt to have her try to say their names in vain. Her concurrent calls of "mama" just added to all the pain.

Doremi with her hair down actually looks good though, but I guess she can't be the idiot character with that.

Now to wait until Motto is finished being subbed to continue...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 18, 2011 7:49 PM
Feb 2011
That was the first time in a long time I've shed that many tears over an anime ending... ;___; Awesome episode!
Jul 31, 2011 4:10 PM

Jan 2011
Even though I watched this episode a few years ago (when I was smaller) and still remember, thats happend and will happen in season 4, this episode makes me really sad.

I dont remember a lot of anime which ends with the main characters crying...
(+ closed sign)

Jan 10, 2012 4:49 PM

Dec 2009
YaminiZouren use spoiler tags next time...
Anyway, this was a very sad ending to this season, not only they had to part ways with Hana, but they also lost their magic. I'm impressed by how this season dealt with a little more dark issues than the first one, but is still a very beautiful series to watch (:
Feb 4, 2014 12:44 AM
Jul 2010
I believe the reason why the last episodes of each Doremi series are so good is because each one was made as if they are the ending of the franchise, most likely because the producers didn't know if another season would get green-lighted, so they made each season finale as if that was the last. Sadly, this also had the unfortunate side-effect of creating continuity problems (like the whole Queen-succession subplot that last season required the successful management of the MAHO-dou gained by lottery but now it has something to do with a baby born from the Queen's Garden.)

About the episode itself, it reminds me how different American and Japanese cultures are, even when they are handling the same idea. You can say that this was a very Disneyesque ending: they defeated the evil Queen, saved the baby and the power of love saved the day. If this were a Disney movie, they would have lived happily ever after, but the Japanese acknowledge that no good ending can come without sacrifices.
Jan 21, 2015 5:05 AM

Feb 2008
I like how the ending went from a really depressing sight to the most adorable within seconds. The whole scene where Hana tried calling their names was so sad, but I couldn't kept but laugh a bit once she finally said "Mama" since she really sounded adorable.

Overall, the second season was much stronger than the first season, and the first season itself was really good. Since this season was all about parenting with Hana, we got a lot of great episodes centered around each character's family. I really have no complains aside from maybe the Magical Stages being kinda to long in the second half.

It's a shame that a lot of people will skip this show because of the number of episodes and because it looks too childish, since underneath everything is a really mature show for all ages, where maybe grownups can actually get the most out of the show. I'd say that this is pretty much an essential mahou shoujo show to watch. It wasn't influencing like Sailor Moon and Cardcaptor Sakura, but it was much better than Sailor Moon if anything.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Sep 11, 2015 8:28 AM

Apr 2013
Great second season, developed on and resolved the issues that were left over in the first season. Though I liked the ending, I felt there was a bit too little foreshadowing on the matter but the execution these past two episodes made up for that.

I found the weakest moments were the health examination episodes. The wizard episodes were quite weak as well (despite their being constant allusions to why the wizards behaved the way they did and the rules that they adhered to in their world) and there was not adequate foreshadowing for the conclusion of their story-lines in the episodes before the conclusion which left a mildly bitter taste in my mouth going into the last few episodes.

Though I really enjoyed the parenting aspect of this series though, that was the shows greatest strength - it was asking many questions on what was important in how to raise a human being, so that they can best develop and there was a lot of conclusions on the matter that I agreed with that are important.

On that note, the series had a nice balance between pleasant and sad, I cried and laughed multiple times. Episode 40 was the highlight for me though, (not to say it was the only highlight, it just had the most impact) that was masterpiece-tier storytelling, I hope there is more like it down the line.

Though i wonder what direction the show will take now. Though I suspected that the baby was going to rescue the girls from the 1000 year sleep inflicted by the magic in the cursed forest. I wasn't suspecting that they would loose their magical spheres - so technically they can't be witches anymore which kind of changes the framework for the shows direction and Majo Rika still hasn't turned back to her usual self yet.
Well, I still have a good 114 episodes to go. Holy dooly, it's been a while since I've watched such a long series. I didn't realize the seasons would be so consistent and develop upon what was set up in previous seasons.
Nov 11, 2016 2:36 AM

Sep 2010
This series was stronger overall than the first because of the serialization but I agree that it started to fall apart near the end. There was not enough foreshadowing as it started pulling out deus ex machinas, or only provided explanation AFTER resolution. The wizard arc was the low point as it went all over the place (shoddy characters too) and the ending of this series is basically a re-hash of the first anime instalment.
Oh no, the girls are no longer witches and can not go to the magical world! Lol jk, the sequel shows that this will all be fixed because LE MAGICKS can do anything they want.

Despite the flaws in writing, it is absolutely stellar as a children's series.
Sep 5, 2018 8:54 PM

Jul 2015
Well, that was quite an another emotional strong finale for a series that got a sequel the week after, two times in a row that Doremi gives a strong hit at the end q_q

That was overall another nice season, but I liked the first a bit more for having overall better drama, although this one also its nice share of episodes.
Jan 8, 2022 1:00 PM
Sep 2021
It was a really beautiful ending. I need to get rehydrated after shedding so many tears. My heart broke at the end when all started crying when they saw the customer's baby.
Hope they get back together quickly.
Sep 11, 2023 12:21 AM
Aug 2019
Man the flashbacks while the girls sacrificed themselves, and later Hana calling for their names killed me 💔 the way they got saved was kind of a deus ex machina thing but at least it saved them, but man, the ending... I genuinely can't imagine how painful of an ending this must have been for people back then who didnt know this would get another season, like, god. I would have suffered 😭

Generally this was an amazing season though, especially considering it's a children anime! It had its weaker moments (I wasn't a big fan of the wizard episodes) but the way it handled serious topics like miscarriage, divorce, eating disorders and even suicide was so so nice that it makes Doremi a very special series, i can't help but really love it!! I'm excited to start Motto soon💕
Dec 4, 2023 1:39 PM

May 2015
Peak emotions. Feels sad for Ojamajos and Hana-chan, but at least everyone is in good health.

Amazing ending, and another excellent season for the peak show that is Ojamajo Doremi.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ojamajo Doremi Sharp Episode 4 Discussion

Mon_Diamond - Dec 28, 2011

7 by uridon »»
Apr 7, 7:25 PM

Poll: » Ojamajo Doremi Sharp Episode 11 Discussion

HawthorneKitty - Feb 11, 2011

6 by Sonicwhite »»
Apr 3, 11:15 PM

Poll: » Ojamajo Doremi Sharp Episode 48 Discussion

Mon_Diamond - Jan 10, 2012

4 by Uguu_Tsukimiya »»
Dec 4, 2023 1:38 PM

Poll: » Ojamajo Doremi Sharp Episode 47 Discussion

HawthorneKitty - Feb 18, 2011

2 by Uguu_Tsukimiya »»
Dec 2, 2023 1:23 PM

Poll: » Ojamajo Doremi Sharp Episode 46 Discussion

HawthorneKitty - Feb 18, 2011

2 by Uguu_Tsukimiya »»
Dec 2, 2023 1:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.