Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Feb 18, 2011 8:48 AM

Jan 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That's a pretty creepy village. >_> Not to mention that it's pretty big.
Mad woman is mad. Hurr hurr ‿‿
I almost feel bad for all those in the previous thread who were like "The nun is Victorique's mom!" ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌
And it seems like these people don't like outsiders.
Oh shi- Victorique's singing in the bath xD.

And I'm wondering if the elder did that on purpose or not.

On another note, another 2 weeks until the OP single is out.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Feb 18, 2011 10:12 AM

Nov 2010
Lol - little hard to understand without subbed, but lol at bath scene and Nun
Feb 18, 2011 11:26 AM

Nov 2008
Batshit insane woman and elder and boy does that elder overreact and it lead to homicide (not sure if it was accidental or not, looked more accidental since the elder was startled, since he's batshit insane I won't rule out intentional murder).

Victorica is a splitting image of Cordelia, they wear similar fashions as well

The death count right now is 2 (the other was from the festival cart burning).

Feb 18, 2011 11:57 AM

Mar 2009
First off when Victorique was told she could take a bath she was insanely cute.

When kujo was asking about the future in the church it sounds like WWII will separate Victorique and him I hope that doesn't come true....but sounds reasonable. I'm also not sure if the Village elder is really the one trying to kill those 3 outsiders cause that'd be too obvious if it was. But why kill them? what's their whole purpose in the story?

Crazy maid lady is crazy maid lady lol....even when she starts making some sense she's still creepy as hell.

Feb 18, 2011 11:59 AM

Jun 2009
I never would have guessed Victorique have a bad singing voice. And this episode was just creepy. An eye in the cup, a guy got on fire, and that maid.
jjihhyeFeb 18, 2011 12:03 PM

Feb 18, 2011 12:11 PM
Jul 2009
yun90 said:
I never would have guessed Victorique have a bad singing voice. And this episode was just creepy.

I think the ways she sings is what makes it funny and cute. Besides how many people do you know who sing well? XD
Yeah, and very interesting as well
Feb 18, 2011 12:31 PM
Feb 18, 2011 12:36 PM

Apr 2010
At first i thought the maid might be the suspect but after Victorique went to that study it doesn't seem to be the case.
The one i suspect is that blond man who's friends got killed this episode, the nun is also a possible suspect and then there is one of the villagers.
Till now i am really enjoying this arc it's much better then the previous one.

Victorique's face when she heard was so cute and the first time i seen her so happy, she had the same face while in the bad it was very refreshing to see.
The maid certainly has a problem with Victorique and she has a serious nerve issue she is probably dealing with to much stress.
So she probably knows something but is silenced for some reason.
I might recommend her to visit a shrink she definitely needs one.

The village elder is also hiding something the question is what.
He also seems to be silencing the villagers for the same reason.
The is also prove that Cordilia was in the village after she was banished the question is what was she doing there and where is she now.
Eixy said:
When kujo was asking about the future in the church it sounds like WWII will separate Victorique and him I hope that doesn't come true....but sounds reasonable.
That seemed to be suggested, as a blond person you didn't want to be in Japan during the war.
I don't think you would have received a nice treatment back then.
Feb 18, 2011 12:54 PM

Sep 2010
I've seen Victorique still more and more cuter but what a shitty voice! Need more "Victorique need a bath"!
This "arc" (if we can name it like that) is very intersting more than the previous one, waiting for a good episode next week :3
Feb 18, 2011 1:25 PM

Nov 2008
I like how this mystery is deeper than the previous ones. I have my suspicions about the elder and the maid, they might be behind it.

Also the divination that the elder gave to Kuojo must be referring to WWII. It makes sense that they would be separated since he is the son of an Imperial solder, so he would be called to fight for the Empire while Victorique stays in France. It would be interesting to see this if the story covered those periods.
Feb 18, 2011 1:33 PM

May 2010
So, that elder seems kinda suspicious, amirite?

Feb 18, 2011 1:53 PM

Jul 2010
ClementIV said:
I like how this mystery is deeper than the previous ones. I have my suspicions about the elder and the maid, they might be behind it.
I agree. We've got a few suspicious characters, but it's not like we can definitely label them as the culprit. So much better than that first arc. ^_^

Victorique's singing in the bath was awesome. What I want to know is how in the heck did she get dressed so fast between the lights going off and on? She must be taking lessons from Charlotte.

I can't believe that village elder just shot the bush because he heard something move. Wow. Did you never take a gun safety class? I didn't think so. He doesn't even care that two of the outsiders are dead, either. All he cares about is his stupid festival, the rest of the world be damned.

The "nun" has changed a lot. She ditched her Sisterly attire quite fast.
Feb 18, 2011 1:58 PM

Dec 2008
The village elder is so suspect that it's driving me crazy...him and that looney maid of his!!!
Feb 18, 2011 2:23 PM

Nov 2009
The bath scene was great, I loved it when she began to sing :P

A lot of suspicious things are happening, I'm always terrible at solving mysteries and such. The elder really is a suspicious character. Heck, there's a lot of suspicious people around in that village.
Feb 18, 2011 2:55 PM

Dec 2009
The elder is clearly hiding or protecting something. Victorique's excitement over the bath was funny, so was her bad singing. And it did seem as if the fortune telling referred to WWII (especially considering WWI got brought up again too).
Ara ara.
Feb 18, 2011 3:18 PM

Mar 2010
Lol Victorique singing int the Bath tub and asking if she will Get Taller

Also Kujo seriously need to be behind victorique To not Lose her again

The Elder surely is crazy just like that Maid

This episode IS Excellent

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Feb 18, 2011 3:31 PM

Sep 2008
Cordelia looked very elegant for a 15 year old.
I want that fortune teller to die though since Victorique should not stay a looking like a loli forever.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 18, 2011 3:33 PM

Feb 2008
This is a mystery anime!

I like such an anime, always exicted.

I love the ending song, hmm.. got a feeling I hear that song from somewhere else but it just me.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Feb 18, 2011 4:22 PM

Aug 2010
Victorique's singing is absolutely atrocious...

And how does that nun hide all that HAIR?!

All I could think of during this episode was TOUMA!
billngFeb 18, 2011 4:33 PM
Feb 18, 2011 4:43 PM

Nov 2008
GODDAMMIT spoilers in the preview!!!

I think there are 2 mysteries in this arc, the killings of the extra outsiders won't link to the murder of Theodore unless they are only pawns to drive Victorique away... I also think the culprit tamed the wolves or something xDD

Considering that WWII will make them separated, they would be 30+ years old when that happen since the current setting is 1924. That would be the very sad for an ending... very VERY sad... :(

"Je ne suis pas coupable" - Cordelia. I am not guilty she says. Come to think of it, did Cordelia carve that sentence before she got exiled or did she return there unnoticed or there's a third party who knows her? I don't want another person in disguise again especially that Alan dude xDD

I found it unbelievable to kill someone with a shotgun in such a distance xDD

Edit: Victorique always mention about Chaos since the last ep.. what the hell is that? If it's in a literal way, I already know but...
DenjaXFeb 18, 2011 5:12 PM

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Feb 18, 2011 4:47 PM

Jun 2010
It's sad when Cordelia who knows nothing of the outside world, just has to leave like that. There killing one by one the three men that came to the village. I think the culprit is the elder of the village. If you think about it, it has to be him.

Feb 18, 2011 5:04 PM

Feb 2010
Yay... mysteries abound...

Love this arc & singing Victorique...

Can't wait until next week...

I'm sketched out by the village elder AND that overly friendly blonde villager...
Feb 18, 2011 6:05 PM
Feb 2010
Victorique's singing was so funny.

When Kujo was told that his and Victorique's hearts would be together forever I got a huge smile on my face.
Victorique will be short forever XD

I love this episode and this anime.
Feb 18, 2011 6:43 PM

Aug 2010
The elder, without surprise, is the only suspect for all 3 crimes.
I guess Kujo will die in WW2, because Japan was against France- Saubiere (even if is a fake country I don't think would be with the German)
Feb 18, 2011 8:06 PM

Aug 2010
The maid went from lunatic to pardon me in no time flat, that was funny. The elder also has a few screws loose. I want to see how he just shrugs off just shooting someone.
Feb 18, 2011 8:13 PM

Feb 2011
Cordelia's exile was very saddening. I feel that the mist rolled in a little too quickly and the green eyes seemed to move in very awkward directions. Anime does that though. Victorique's singing was absolutely priceless! The maid is just...crazy. The village elder seems to be the culprit behind the outsiders deaths but that may not be the case. Overall this mystery is harder to pin down and I love it.
Feb 18, 2011 8:57 PM

Nov 2008
nedstark1990 said:
The elder, without surprise, is the only suspect for all 3 crimes.
I guess Kujo will die in WW2, because Japan was against France- Saubiere (even if is a fake country I don't think would be with the German)

Uh.. It would have nothing to do with France-Japan as France aside from 'Free France' which was not exactly a massive naval super power (hardly even a power and I feel thats generous) France herself was knocked out of the war in june of 1940.
Feb 18, 2011 9:23 PM

Jul 2009
That was one crazy ass maid.
Also, LOVED HER SINGING!!!
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Feb 18, 2011 10:05 PM

Aug 2008
Oh wow, I was wrong about the nun, I guess. This arc is turning out to be far more unpredictable than the previous ones, and I'm liking it more and more.

Victorique singing = moe, not that she isn't already.Also, I hope she stays a loli forever :)

The two most suspicious people are the elder and the maid. But I don't think neither is the mastermind, as that would be too predictable.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Feb 18, 2011 10:10 PM

Jul 2008
If Cordelia could not commit the murder because she was too short to stab the Elder at the angle he was killed, why was she even suspected? It is definitely fishy that everyone attested to her going into the room at a different time as well.

I wonder who the culprit is. It seems everything will be revealed next episode.

That old guy knew he was shooting a visitor. Victorique even said not to do it. I hope he isn't the murderer though, or that would be too obvious.
Feb 18, 2011 10:20 PM

Oct 2010
omg the singing was terribad but so cute O_o... besides that awesome episode ^^
The first arc and this one have something to do with fortune telling of some sort. I wonder if this has something to do with the plot it self since the progression of the story seem to well choreograph to be just a random succession of events and mysteries =S I might be wrong I am might just be over thinking stuff as well >.>
huh?
Feb 18, 2011 11:52 PM

Jul 2010
ok so why anyone ain't suspecting Mildred? our plate stealing nun, she's the most suspicious one in my opinion, she's missing in action during the time the first guy died, well anyway, i'm narrowing down my suspicion to her first

as for the one who killed the former village chief, i can't get myself to suspect the village chief as well as the maid and i really don't know why

and im suspecting Bryan Roscoe is our magician back in episode 6 since he's listed in the Gosick's ANN profile to be voiced by Ookawa Tooru (Ozaki Toshio in Shiki) and upon hearing the "hmmm" of the magician back in episode 6, i'm suspecting it's him.
Simplistic beauty can't be appreciated by someone who looks for something grand in everything he watch.
Feb 19, 2011 12:17 AM
Mar 2010
GarLogan78 said:
If Cordelia could not commit the murder because she was too short to stab the Elder at the angle he was killed, why was she even suspected? It is definitely fishy that everyone attested to her going into the room at a different time as well.

I wonder who the culprit is. It seems everything will be revealed next episode.

That old guy knew he was shooting a visitor. Victorique even said not to do it. I hope he isn't the murderer though, or that would be too obvious.

Considering a lot of the solutions to the mysteries have been a "no shit, sherlock," or a WTF, I would consider thinking it as a huge possibility. I mean it's pretty obvious the villagers hate their guts.
Feb 19, 2011 12:49 AM

Nov 2007
Certainly nice to have a mystery that's not predictable.
What surprised me the most was that picture taken 10 years ago.

That means Victorique can't be much olderthan 11, maybe 12 years old!
I thought she'd be older to be at that school, but she probably skipped classes.
cleoFeb 19, 2011 5:16 AM
Feb 19, 2011 3:38 AM

Dec 2009
I think the nun has something to do with it.

And I think, like the rest of you, WW2 will seperate Kujo and Victorique from what crazy possesed man said. And I do not believe for a minute Victorique asked about her height!
Feb 19, 2011 6:04 AM

Sep 2010
victorique singing... that was really cute \(^o^)/
Feb 19, 2011 6:22 AM

Jul 2008
GennyMon said:
And I think, like the rest of you, WW2 will seperate Kujo and Victorique from what crazy possesed man said. And I do not believe for a minute Victorique asked about her height!

That would take more than 15 years then. World War II starts Sept 1939, the current setting is 1924. Japan however would only formally enter when the US declared war on Imperial Japan in December 1941. Prior to that Japan have "taken over" French Indochina per agreement with Vichy France.

So unless they could justify a timeskip of 15 years, I don't see it as the reason for separation. A more immediate cause is more likely.
Feb 19, 2011 9:18 AM

May 2010

I was really surprised seeing Victoria's reaction differently. lol

And she caught me when she cried in the church.

I thought she asked either same question with Kujo or about her mother but it was all about her growth . xD

The suspects could be the nun, the last 1 of the three guys , ambrose and the elder.

So far, this is much deeper than the previous arcs.
Feb 19, 2011 9:51 AM

Jul 2010
setting the Village Elder's prediction aside,

so really nobody is watching the OP?

talking about their separation you can clearly see there Victorica's father taking her away and it might happen after this arc.
AmberFebruaryFeb 19, 2011 10:58 AM
Simplistic beauty can't be appreciated by someone who looks for something grand in everything he watch.
Feb 19, 2011 11:08 AM

Aug 2008
smh at Victorique's singing. It's horrendous.
Feb 19, 2011 11:23 AM

Feb 2009
So no one here's curious as to why ToumaAmbrose knew too much about what the burned guy did before he got burned?
And I seriously facepalmed at the maid at the beginning.
One second: OMGWTFBBQ, Cordela's daughter
Next second: leaves like nothing.

Still not that into this show.
Kujo is still irritating with saying Victorica every few seconds but Victorica manages to amuse me so it's ok ‿‿
Feb 19, 2011 12:45 PM

Jan 2011
When I saw the overview of the village all I kept thinking of was Shiki. xD This town is just as creepy though.
Feb 19, 2011 1:19 PM

Jun 2009
Those three men probably angered someone from the village and were punished because of that. Although I'm not too sure. Also, elder is silencing people. Why? Does that mean that he knows something and doesn't want that to be known?
Suspecting Cordelia was really stupid. First: she screamed when she entered the room and found already dead elder. Second: heights were different. Third: Why would Cordelia needed to kill elder? It sounds stupid to kill person and then pretend to be the one who found that person dead.
Maid has some serious problems. But it might be because she knows something she isn't supposed to know. When Victorique asked maid if she also thought that Cordelia couldn't be murderer, the maid buried her face in her hands and ran away. Which means that she agrees but is forbidden to say or even believe that by elder. Speaking of elder, he didn't listen to Victorique when she told him not to shoot. He's very obsessed with village's festival. Too obsessed, in my opinion. In preview (around ~0:13) elder is seen laughing which means that he might have done something and went crazy. While I don't suspect maid committing either of the crimes mentioned in this episode, she isn't sane (as seen ~0:17). Mildred is still complete mystery to me (especially since she dropped her nun outfit in this episode), so I can't say anything about her. The real murderer of previous elder might be that person who came in village 10 years ago.
Feb 19, 2011 3:15 PM

Nov 2009
It is hard for me to make a guess on who it is because the elder and maid seem to only be being used.

Great episode though.
Feb 19, 2011 3:27 PM

May 2010
I think the mayor purposely shot since he already seemed suspicious enough. After watching this I feel like continuing detective Conan.
Real Hell is inside a person-Ai Enma (Jigoku Shoujo Mitsuganae)
Do you know where hell is? Inside your head-Chrona (Soul Eater)

Feb 19, 2011 3:27 PM

Jul 2010
cleo said:
Certainly nice to have a mystery that's not predictable.
What surprised me the most was that picture taken 10 years ago.

That means Victorique can't be much olderthan 11, maybe 12 years old!
I thought she'd be older to be at that school, but she probably skipped classes.
I completely forgot about that 'til you mentioned it. I thought she'd be older than that, too. I hope sometime down the road they give us her age.

GennyMon said:
And I do not believe for a minute Victorique asked about her height!
I don't see why not; she seems to know everything else. :P
My brother is really self-conscious of his height (even though he really isn't short), so I can see him asking that question. XD

AmberFebruary said:
so really nobody is watching the OP?

talking about their separation you can clearly see there Victorica's father taking her away and it might happen after this arc.
I kind of took that as more of a kidnapping arc that will happen in the future. I don't think I'd like it if we went a long period of time with Kujo and Victorique being separated.

*Pictures Naruto trying to "rescue" Sasuke since... forever ago*

Yeah, let's hope it's just a short arc of kidnapping, lol.
Feb 19, 2011 4:22 PM

Jan 2009
I liked the episode, but i dare to bet that the suspect isn't the maid or the village elder. I also think the nun has something to do with everything happening there.

Also WW2 starts for japan in 1937 when they invaded China (with minor aggressions before that). So that would mean he would be called home after 13 years (assuming he is fighting that war). But thats still 3 years after the 10 years prediction.
Feb 19, 2011 4:43 PM

Oct 2010
another great episode, looking forward to the next !
Feb 19, 2011 5:31 PM

Jan 2008
Psycho maid is the best! I keep thinking she's gonna scratch her eyes out.
Feb 19, 2011 5:32 PM

Apr 2009
Victorique! ":D
Hehe that bath scene.... so adorable >___<
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gosick Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Oosran - Jul 1, 2011

518 by BlueishDesert »»
Apr 18, 7:55 AM

Poll: » Gosick Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Jun 24, 2011

169 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 3, 7:36 PM

Poll: » Gosick Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jun 17, 2011

114 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 3, 6:20 PM

Poll: » Gosick Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jun 10, 2011

101 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 1, 10:49 PM

Poll: » Gosick Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Jun 3, 2011

85 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 1, 10:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.