Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 19, 2011 11:23 AM

Nov 2009
I was upset nothing happened in this episode, when we already watching an 11 episode series where there seems to be so much we have yet to learn.

I hope that does not mean that there isn't that much to actually figure out. Dancing was hilarious though.
Feb 19, 2011 1:58 PM

May 2009
I thought the episode was fine. But now that everyone onboard the ship has bonded, let's get the story moving along.
Feb 19, 2011 11:20 PM

Oct 2007
I am surprised to see so many people dislike or hate Phryne here. Is it that hard to understand her character at all? And what is even more, Phryne is a tsundere character?

To think such a great detail episode being thought as a pointless episode, I am like "are we watching the same episode?"

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Feb 20, 2011 3:12 AM

Mar 2009
whats the new ending song called?

nvm.. it's the same name, just in japanese.
lmaonadeFeb 20, 2011 3:16 AM
Mokyuu♥~!!

Feb 20, 2011 3:27 AM

Oct 2009
^

Same song, different part of the song.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 20, 2011 10:43 AM

May 2010
beccca14 said:
Clain's loin cloth made me giggle. Especially when the two perverted woman were all "Well we can see that your a man." Hahaha

I laughed so hard when all of them were dancing. That shirtless guy made me laugh the most.

This. Got some goods laughs there.

"Wow, sex again?" ROFLMAO

Red Loincloth FTW :D

Eventhough this ep stray a bit from the plot, at least it hinted something more about Nessa and Phryne's character.

Still liked the ED but I liked the english version more.
Feb 20, 2011 12:23 PM

Jun 2009
I wonder that really happened at temple to make Phryne want to end her own life. She's really interesting character and Enri is the one who annoys me.
Feb 20, 2011 2:44 PM

Oct 2010
This episode gave me the genuine warm fuzzy feeling at the with Phryne and Nessa. It was a amazing progress that Phryne was able to touch Nessa and emotionally it was great as in the following,

that is the exact scene that literally surprised me. In fact it astonished me. There was a lot of development about Clain, Phryne and to some extends that of Nessa, Enri, Sunda and the ship’s crew.

About Clain, he got quite a good spotlight this episode. From the start he was harassed by Sunda to do some chores around the ship or take a hike with the parachute. Not having much a choice the comedy started out fine in regards to his chores such as cleaning the toilet(LOL),
picking up heavy stuff that he proved a failure as Enri was complaining to him and doing the laundry while thinking back to famous scene of Phryne. Clain I find most good at laundry, however that part got extremely funny as one of female ship workers looked like she was going to rape him. Of course it was only to take off his pants to wash them. Regardless Clain’s reaction to it was hilarious and got me tons of laughter, especially from what type of underwear he is wearing at that time, it looks like some kind of fudoshi. Usually those type of underwear tend to express male pride so I am not really surprised that one of the female workers was kind of blushing less it has for marveling at his thing. Upon seeing Phryne in such revealing clothing as it showed part of her stomach and shoulders; Clain blushed once again. Suggesting his crush on her still being constant. In fact so much that he falls with the laundry basket and the brings in comedy.

Clain showed another amazing side of him, that of computer knowledge that I had no idea he was so proficient at. I was quite fascinated at the designs of the OS system in the spoiler
It looks similar to ours but in a very different aspect of its setup. From the looks of this it looks like he found Nessa being actually around this ship (excitement). I was very pleased that she really is on the ship at this point. Ah Clain you lucky SOB in the spoiler
for being like that on Phryne despite all this being the ship’s system fault. In the end Clain showed one thing in this episode, he can be reliable.

About Phryne, although she is still stoic emotionally, I think she showed extremely well emotionally; especially at the end. Phryne was great looking in her new clothing. The blouse particularly with its color reminded me of how much of a girl she really is and not some high class authority. Her hair in wind showed a rather nice smile of hers. Clain failing with the laundry basket showed for a first time since a while that Phryne can laugh and not be sad/emotionally indifferent as she usually is showed. Although I wonder why she is like the spoiler
suggests emotionless at Clain being in top of her. It looks to me like she was either raped (you know the kind of girl where you do all sexually you want to her and she is a doll that just bears it) and does not care for anyone to do this to her or just plain indifferent to love like it was mentioned by her that she hates love. Then why did she not push Clain away? Very intriguing, it either means that she does not mind Clain doing this or that she suffered many of those things going as far as sexual abuse. Her running out to isolate herself and contemplate while being in a emotional shock started a emotional reaction in me, especially her talking with Clain on the other side of the door. What came the emotional peak is at first Phryne’s tears in the spoiler
those started it all. Then came what I said at the beginning as it broke my tear reservoir into a flow. In the end it resolved quite nicely with Phryne/Nessa and Phryne herself joined in on the table eating with everyone. Rest in spoiler
In General it was a emotional/comedic filled episode. Now what will that damn cult plan since they are obviously spying on the ship.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Feb 20, 2011 3:05 PM

Jan 2010
WTF was that underwear?
Feb 21, 2011 12:25 AM

Nov 2009
i like the characters, but hopefully it gets more exciting ~_~
Feb 21, 2011 6:24 AM

Jun 2009
Kinda forgot what happened previous time, but remembered soon. Good episode, Phryne actually stopped being so meh. Just too little Nessa.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Feb 21, 2011 7:35 PM

Sep 2009
I like Phryne and Nessa. I hope Phryne becomes something like a big sister to Nessa.
Feb 21, 2011 8:34 PM

Jul 2009
Oh god, Clain has scarred me for life X_X XD
Anyways, needs more Nessa :3 Other characters on the ship are funny though :P
Less Phryne please. She's pretty useless and selfish IMO, or at least that's how she appears to me right now. Plus her character is just really annoying -_-" Honestly Clain, how can you like someone like her? OTL
Japanese version of ED? ;O Both are pretty good IMO
Feb 21, 2011 8:59 PM

Dec 2008
I have a hard time making an opinion about Fractale. It's one of those shows where I can't quite figure out where it's going with its plot. Usually, after the first 2-3 episodes, I can give a tentative rating to a show and it tends to more or less stick, but with Fractale, I really can't say.

Episode 3 demonstrated why I think Fractale can really be good, with a forward moving plot and tension. This episode demonstrated how it can fall a bit short. It seems to have meandered from the real plot for a while with comedy that continues to more weird and awkward than funny.

Still, even this episode introduced some plot points that may be relevant in the future, or at least some character development. So, yeah, I find even this episode itself hard to judge...
Feb 25, 2011 3:42 PM
Mar 2010
nice episode, very nice.
Phryne is enigmatic chara, Nessa is so kawaii, Clain finally show us he is a man and not a jellyfish...... I wonder what we will see next episodes, and what is legacy of Nessa and Phryne....
ED in japanese..... woooaaahh

next to 6th ep
Mar 1, 2011 4:04 AM

Aug 2009
I have no idea what is going on in this show.
Mar 27, 2011 3:11 PM

Jul 2010
That is where I kinda felt Ghibli spirit. all that life in the plane reminded me of Spirited away and Howl's moving castle as very similar lifestyles take place there. Also music made this impression even bigger. I do realy love the art of series, Nessa is sooooo beautiful and colourful ^^ But story... somehow I still cannot get into it, it lacks something...

Gyabo!~
Apr 2, 2011 7:01 PM

Mar 2009
Lol red loincloth.
Apr 3, 2011 1:48 PM

Aug 2010
dat loin cloth
May 6, 2011 4:22 AM

Dec 2009
well, the loincloth is probably the only thing that I am going to remember fromt his episode. It was too funny.
Jun 28, 2011 6:48 AM

Nov 2007
Boring.

Loincloth? Wha?
Jul 9, 2011 11:13 AM
Jul 2010
Hum... This one wasn't so good. Kinda... boring actually. It doesn't help that i still find Nessa annoying and Phryne acted kinda wired on this episode. At least now I know why they were saying "beloved daughters of the temple" (plural) - Nessa is included in that designation. I don't really know why though, since she's only a dopple...
Jul 15, 2013 7:51 PM

Jun 2012
I'd let that oba chan take off my loincloth, if you know what I mean.
Sep 8, 2013 11:33 AM

Jan 2013
Another good episode. I won't dislike it as much as most other people.

This episode reminded me of one from Eureka 7 since Clain has to work on a flying ship
Dec 6, 2013 10:32 AM

May 2012
Great episode I just love these characters! Also quite interesting change in the ED lyrics!

Dat loincloth!
Jan 10, 2015 8:56 AM

Jul 2013
WTF at his underwear LOL! Weird.

Hide and seek with Nessa was cute. The ending with the narration by Clain kinda made it sound like it should have been the last one though :/

Why does some other sig pic keep coming up instead of my own? O_O
stephtastropheJan 10, 2015 9:00 AM
Oct 11, 2016 4:46 AM

Jun 2016
I laughed a lot with the scene Clain's underpants.
I can not see him with the same eyes.
Feb 3, 2022 6:09 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Looks like everyone seems enjoyed to their new lifes inside the airship, not different with Clein, even though he sure had a lot of hard works there. He felt a real freedom after all the times, obviously. Then something happened to the airship. Nessa hacked it and forced the whole crew to involved into her hide-and-seek play. Seems like Nessa got a boredom after leaving Clein alone and vanished, while in fact Clein had a fun with someone she hate. Shit camera got a hit by Enri butts. However, the play also helped her hate toward Phryne to cease because she was involved into her play and looked very happy about it as the usual little girl enjoyed playing around. They both looked wholesome there, and hopefully Phryne wouldn't feel bad again with the past, whatever that was.

Japan ed sounds more relaxing, peak episode i'd say.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Nov 22, 2022 7:53 AM

Aug 2021
I understand Nessa being around is integral to let the plot progress, but one whole episode just for a hide-and-seek that isn't even fun to watch?
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fractale Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

stevewiess01 - Jan 20, 2011

137 by ka7eMARU »»
Feb 6, 2023 7:29 PM

Poll: » Fractale Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ariamachi - Mar 31, 2011

204 by luminality »»
Nov 23, 2022 3:04 AM

Poll: » Fractale Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

DL21 - Feb 24, 2011

94 by luminality »»
Nov 22, 2022 5:16 PM

Poll: » Fractale Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

confusedmuse - Mar 17, 2011

74 by badabass »»
Feb 4, 2022 6:39 AM

Poll: » Fractale Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

stevewiess01 - Mar 10, 2011

74 by badabass »»
Feb 4, 2022 2:50 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.