Zoku Koihime
Milk Junkie: Shimai Hen
Sengoku Otome: Momoiro Paradox
Dakara Boku wa, H ga Dekinai.

Active Military, Prior Service and Veteran's Anime Club
do not forget the sound of my voice until the day we reunite
Apr 7, 2013 10:09 AM

Dec 2008
@JaganshiHiei - I loved Cromartie High anime & Blood Reign. I'd like to rewatch the latter.

@Antalk - Inda no Himekishi Janne looks nice.

I'm finishing up Witch Hunter Robin right now. It starts off slow. but, once the main plot starts up it's a quick watch.
Apr 18, 2013 11:15 AM

Dec 2008
WitchBlade. I avoided this show so many times on my queue & finally started it the other day thinking I would drop it. It's not too bad though.

I did just drop Texhnolyze because I got 9 eps in & still couldn't get into it. I've heard it's philosophical and deep, etc.. But, I'll have to try it some other time. Maybe I'm not in the mood for its extreme moodiness, idk. My friends on MAL who have seen it gave it decent ratings. Does anyone here have something good to say about it?
Apr 27, 2013 12:59 PM

Oct 2010
Just finished watching "Blood-C: The Last Dark". Hopped the movie would be better then the tv series, but it wasn't the case :(
Apr 28, 2013 10:33 AM

Feb 2011
im watchin
Karneval
Jigoku Sensei Nube
i love karneval manga and most people told me that Jigoku Sensei Nube was great!!!!
Apr 28, 2013 1:40 PM

Dec 2008
I was happy to hear Blood-C movie had subs so I immediately watched it. Though I know I am in the minority who loved the tv series, I was really looking forward to the continuation. If it had just continued as before, I would have liked it much more. I am so disappointed by it! The took out everything I loved (like the lanky Clamp character designs & atmosphere) & even the plot sucked. So now we have two people here, one fan & one who isn't--- of the tv series, & we both didn't like it.

ANYWAY~ I started Slayers & Excel Saga. 2 I've avoided & 2 I like so far for the giggles. Also still watching Witchblade, picked up El Cazador del Bruja, and really enjoying the South Korean drama: Bachelor's Vegetable Store.
Apr 29, 2013 9:37 AM

Oct 2010
The whole Blood series was a disappointment for me. I know a lot of people loved Blood+, but it wasn't for me. Can't say it was bad, but expected something different I guess. Hoped that Blood-C would be better. It started kinda slow and when it reached the good part it was heavily censored and that pretty much ruined it for me. Really hoped this movie would be better. Waited for the bd release so I wouldn't have censorship problems but it wasn't to be :(
May 22, 2013 10:44 PM

Oct 2010
Currently watching Mawaru Penguindrum <3
May 25, 2013 8:06 PM

Aug 2011
gINGEr said:
I'm finishing up Witch Hunter Robin right now. It starts off slow. but, once the main plot starts up it's a quick watch.

You're joking right? I dropped it b/c it was like watching molasses crawl up hill on a cold day.

So this is what I am currently watching:

Hentai and a lot of it...why? b/c it's there

Aku no Hana
Ane to Boin
Chrome Shelled Regios Rewatching
Geneshaft ( way better than expected )
Ikkitousen: Dragon Destiny
Ikkitousen: Dragon Destiny Specials
Kämpfer
Kämpfer für die Liebe
Kämpfer Picture Drama
Mouse

Active Military, Prior Service and Veteran's Anime Club
do not forget the sound of my voice until the day we reunite
May 26, 2013 12:14 PM

Dec 2008
Antalk said:
gINGEr said:

You're joking right? I dropped it b/c it was like watching molasses crawl up hill on a cold day.

So this is what I am currently watching:

Hentai and a lot of it...why? b/c it's there

Aku no Hana
Ane to Boin
Chrome Shelled Regios Rewatching
Geneshaft ( way better than expected )
Ikkitousen: Dragon Destiny
Ikkitousen: Dragon Destiny Specials
Kämpfer
Kämpfer für die Liebe
Kämpfer Picture Drama
Mouse

Lol. To each his own. I almost dropped it myself, but glad I didn't. Not the best, but a lot better than expected. I just dropped Ikkitousen for the 2nd time. I'm giving up on that one. Though I did like the specials.
May 26, 2013 12:19 PM

Dec 2008
Just started Gunslinger Girl. I dropped it before but gave it a real chance this time. (Last time I didn't pay much attention to it.) I'm 2 eps in & I like it. I feel a lot differently about it now. Last time I think I wrote it off as cliche and generic.

Also watching Rose of Versailles finally --- and Highschool DxD for ecchi devils. :)
May 26, 2013 6:36 PM

Apr 2012
Naruto: Meh
Bleach: Pretty good but not as great as everybody claim.
Welcome to the NHK: Really great.
Powerpuffgirls Z: A very average adaption of the cartoon.
Escaflowne: So far its going well.
Sands of Destruction: Meh.
May 28, 2013 11:19 AM

Dec 2008
I'm going to preview sands soon, but now not so motivated...
May 29, 2013 12:42 PM

Jul 2012
watching fullmetal atm :3
Jul 19, 2013 12:12 AM

Oct 2010
Finished watching the 3rd Berserk movie. A bit disappointed by the animation, too much CGI imo.
Jul 24, 2013 11:49 PM

Oct 2010
Watching Mawaru Penguindrum, I don't really have words to describe it... o.o
Jul 25, 2013 2:44 AM
Dec 2009
Watched the Madoka Movies and I absolutely adore them!!
Jan 11, 2014 9:45 AM

Dec 2008
Just finished Ga-Rei: Zero. I thought it was okay. I gave it a 7. I didn't really like the first couple of eps. It shows the end at the beginning. But, what disappointed me really was that it's always stated as having strong yuri hinting. I don't agree. (:
Jan 11, 2014 1:44 PM
Hawk of Endymion

Oct 2009
Ginger, I'm glad that you thought Ga-Rei was just ok too, good to find someone else who thinks so. I gave it a 6 myself. Myself and 6 other of my friends sat down and watched it because we kept hearing from people that it was really great. The 2 anime sites we use for reviews gave Ga-Rei really high too. After we watched it though, we just did not understand it's appeal. In fact 2 of my friends gave up on it and left after episode 4 lol. We thought that maybe we were just missing the greatness.
I am currently re-watching Mirai Nikki, to me it is one of those anime that you get more out of the second time through.
RYOJI KAJI
[to Shinji] So, I understand you're living with Katsuragi.
SHINJI IKARI
Uh, yeah...
RYOJI KAJI
So, is she still so... wild in bed?
Jan 14, 2014 4:10 PM

Dec 2008
Normally I would give this kind of show a 6, but I gave it extra points for the monsters & deaths. Hell, I was just feeling generous. It was full of cliches & came off as generic. Still, I did enjoy it to a point so that's got to be worth something. Seems like I drop more shows than I finish anymore.
Jan 14, 2014 11:23 PM

Oct 2010
gINGEr said:
Normally I would give this kind of show a 6, but I gave it extra points for the monsters & deaths. Hell, I was just feeling generous. It was full of cliches & came off as generic. Still, I did enjoy it to a point so that's got to be worth something. Seems like I drop more shows than I finish anymore.

Yeah, that's what I liked about it. Plus I think that they did a good job with the story. The manga is placed after the events in the anime, and there are just a couple of chapters here and there about what happened in the past.

Kaji02 said:
I am currently re-watching Mirai Nikki, to me it is one of those anime that you get more out of the second time through.

Yeah, I read the manga for the same reason. Plus I didn't like the ending in the anime and hoped for a better one in the manga, but it was the same :(
Jan 15, 2014 3:24 PM

Oct 2012
Millennium Actress, gotta continue the Satoshi Kon fest, especially after watching Perfect Blue the first time a few days ago.
Jan 16, 2014 6:04 PM

Dec 2008
I love Perfect Blue. Make sure you don't miss Paprika either. :D

@JaganshiHiei ~ The story was why I finished it. It was decent, flawed or not.
Jan 16, 2014 6:53 PM

Oct 2012
That will be the next stop :P , and millennium actress was great but it had a rather slow pacing throughout the whole thing. The story was excellent tho, while I still have a bias towards Perfect Blue .
Jan 21, 2014 5:08 PM

Dec 2008
Watching AHS atm

@Spade~ I like Perfect Blue a lot more than Millennium Actress, but I think that might be the minority opinion.
Jan 21, 2014 5:35 PM

Dec 2010
I prefer Perfect Blue as well, actually.

I'm watching Urotsukidoji, lol. After seeing it on the other thread, I wanted to watch it again.
Jan 21, 2014 5:57 PM

Dec 2008
Actually, I just watched the first 2 films recently. I liked em. But, I've heard they are tamer. That true? I know I tried to watch the ovas a long time ago & dropped em.
Jan 22, 2014 1:05 PM
Hawk of Endymion

Oct 2009
gINGEr said:
Seems like I drop more shows than I finish anymore.

I understand that. I do not have as much free time as I used to, so it is very nice to have a lot more anime series that have 12-13 episodes instead of 24-26.

JaganshiHiei1987 said:
Kaji02 said:

Yeah, I read the manga for the same reason. Plus I didn't like the ending in the anime and hoped for a better one in the manga, but it was the same :(

I feel your pain man.

Of the Satoshi Kon films, I have to say I enjoy Millennium Actress a little more than Perfect Blue. I am really big fan of how Chiyoko tells her life story though the films she had acted in.
RYOJI KAJI
[to Shinji] So, I understand you're living with Katsuragi.
SHINJI IKARI
Uh, yeah...
RYOJI KAJI
So, is she still so... wild in bed?
Jan 27, 2014 12:52 PM

Dec 2008
I've been going through a lot of ovas/films I found on youtube. Finally got to see the Riki-Oh films. ((:
The first is much better than the second. IF you like the live-action film, then you'll like the first one ova.
Feb 8, 2014 10:01 PM

May 2011
I am currently watching Bakuman, Brothers Conflict (which might end up getting dropped), D-frag! and... I can't remember what else.

So far, I really like Bakuman. It's much better than I expected.

Feb 17, 2014 11:34 AM

Dec 2008
Brother's Conflict was straight fanservice for reverse harem and/or bro-sis relationship fans. I liked it for what it was, but the ending sucked imo.

I'm watching a bunch of old stuff. Took Ranma 1/2 & Urusei Yatsura off of hold since I found good sources for them. Also, found some subbed eps of Tokimeki Tonight & an ova series: Dream Hunter Rem. Both rare. Those are on youtube. So is UY.
Mar 30, 2014 2:54 PM
Dec 2009
Finished watching Madoka Magica Movie 3 and Sakura Trick.The latter is a great Yuri romance,if anyone is interested ; D
Jul 6, 2014 8:41 AM

Dec 2008
I do plan on watching Sakura Trick sometime. ^^
I started Glass Mask recently (the 2005 version). Wondering if anyone has seen both that one and the older one... and if so, which is better?? xD
Jul 6, 2014 2:16 PM
Dec 2009
Watching To Love Ru,funny little series ^^
I have no idea,never seen it before.
Sep 22, 2014 12:41 AM

Oct 2010
This weekend I finished watching "Dagger of Kamui" movie. Overall didn't really liked the story, felt boring at times, but the fighting scenes were pretty good.
Also watched "Bio Hunter" and "Call me tonight" OVAs. These were actually very good. Loved the old school animation. Cool monster fights at the end. Some ecchi scenes in "Call me tonight".
Sep 23, 2014 2:05 AM
Dec 2009
In a mood for SoL's right now,so I'm rewatching a couple of shows like Kirino Mosaic.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

» What's the name of that anime where... ?

gINGEr - Feb 20, 2013

13 by ianh16 »»
Mar 23, 2017 2:20 PM

» Anime that makes you think!

gINGEr - Jan 12, 2011

32 by Rhiannon-Senpai »»
May 31, 2015 7:37 AM

» So bad - it's good- titles

gINGEr - Jan 23, 2014

14 by oudkee »»
Jan 29, 2015 7:32 PM

» Your Top 10 Anime Favorites

gINGEr - Mar 2, 2013

19 by Kaji02 »»
Dec 29, 2014 7:06 PM

Sticky: » (Open) Offical Badges V.2

gINGEr - Apr 9, 2013

44 by Coranie »»
Nov 9, 2014 11:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.