Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 16, 2011 10:50 AM

Aug 2008
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Very good, very depressing story. Even that inspector's son got caught up in the tragedy. It's amazing. That poor old lady and Ayako were the only ones left. I don't know if I would recommend it to very many people, but I'm definitely glad I bought this.
Dec 23, 2011 10:58 PM

Oct 2011
frickin' amazing!!!! definitely loved this - late/middle period tezuka at his best - this story seems to be a metaphor for all that is/was rotten at the core of the whole japan/u.s.a. treaty at the end of world war 2 - it inspires me to check into the history of u.s. occupation in japan, as i know very little about it, even being a history buff and an american - this is definitely up there with tezuka's more adult works like mw and ode to kirihito!!!
Oct 12, 2021 8:55 PM
Feb 2021
I really liked Ayako, it was a pretty depressing story, but with an amazing historical source! The "original" ending is very sad and discouraged me a little, but it is very good and makes sense for the work. The "alternative" ending changes a few things, saves a few more people and is a little happier ending, but it doesn't stop being tragic, I prefer the "alternative" but they're both great!
Jul 11, 2022 2:18 AM

Aug 2017
jpxavowwgamer said:
I really liked Ayako, it was a pretty depressing story, but with an amazing historical source! The "original" ending is very sad and discouraged me a little, but it is very good and makes sense for the work. The "alternative" ending changes a few things, saves a few more people and is a little happier ending, but it doesn't stop being tragic, I prefer the "alternative" but they're both great!

What alternative ending are you talking about? There was only one ending in the version translated by Vertical. Were there translations into other languages that included Tezuka's unused sketches or something like that?
Nov 12, 2023 9:47 PM

Mar 2019
With a family like that, no one needs enemies, it's great to see karma returning to these scoundrels.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ayako Chapter 16 Discussion

eymaelpresidente - Oct 20, 2022

1 by Jonas-K »»
Nov 12, 2023 8:21 PM

Poll: » Ayako Chapter 11 Discussion

ZetaZaku - Oct 14, 2012

3 by Jonas-K »»
Nov 10, 2023 6:42 PM

Poll: » Ayako Chapter 7 Discussion

Ni_Go_Zero_Ichi - Jan 23, 2011

3 by Jonas-K »»
Nov 9, 2023 7:03 PM

» Volume Count is incorrent

ItzElite - Aug 31, 2022

4 by ItzElite »»
Aug 7, 2023 5:13 PM

» Osamu Tezuka's Ayako Manga Listed by Amazon

Brand - Jan 14, 2010

0 by Brand »»
Jan 14, 2010 4:40 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.