Forum Settings
Forums
Must be a Club Member to Reply 
View Poll Results: Which 2 openings should advance in the next round?
Kara no Kyoukai 5: Mujun Rasen - sprinter by Kalafina
 
6 28.57%
Inuyasha - Every Heart by BoA
 
2 9.52%
Spice and Wolf - Ringo Hiyori by Rocky Chack
 
5 23.81%
Naruto Shippuuden - Sign by FLOW
 
0.00%
Macross Plus - After, in the Dark by Gabriela Robin
 
1 4.76%
School Rumble - Sentimental Generation by Tokito Ami
 
4 19.05%
Pani Poni Dash - Kiiroi Vacances - by Momotsuki Gakuen 1 Nen C Gumi
 
2 9.52%
.hackSIGN - Yasashi Yoake by See-Saw
 
1 4.76%
Voters: 21
Voting has been closed

#1
Feb 14, 2011 12:14 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 148
Modified by BlueYoshi, Feb 24, 2011 3:33 AM
 
#2
Feb 15, 2011 7:37 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 2895
If it weren't for those engrish vocals, I'd vote for the Spice and Wolf ED. Visuals were so good. I love .hack//SIGN's OP (it's one of the four songs I submitted), but the ED always paled in comparison to it.

My favorite from this bunch was the Pani Poni Dash OP. I should watch that anime someday. Looks fun.
 
#3
Feb 15, 2011 8:50 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 2622
Sprinter. Can't exactly vote against my favourite song by one of my favourite bands.
 
#4
Feb 15, 2011 8:51 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 147
BlueYoshi said:
If it weren't for those engrish vocals, I'd vote for the Spice and Wolf ED.

You are insane. If anything, the engrish makes it better. To me, nothing really comes close to Ringo Hiyori.
 
#5
Feb 15, 2011 9:10 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 8722
School Rumble - Sentimental Generation by Tokito Ami
 
#6
Feb 16, 2011 8:43 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 4069
I was really hesitating between the two Kajiura Yuki tracks... (Yasashi Yoake and sprinter).... The youtube audio really doesn't do the former any justice since Ishikawa Chiaki's notes are so beyond normal range that the clipping becomes noticable. I really think it's more powerful than sprinter, but I'll go with sprinter since I don't think YY has a chance in this vote.... :<

I am a banana.
 
#7
Feb 16, 2011 11:51 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 1646
saka said:
I was really hesitating between the two Kajiura Yuki tracks... (Yasashi Yoake and sprinter).... The youtube audio really doesn't do the former any justice since Ishikawa Chiaki's notes are so beyond normal range that the clipping becomes noticable. I really think it's more powerful than sprinter, but I'll go with sprinter since I don't think YY has a chance in this vote.... :<
Sprinter is by Kalafina, not Yuki Kajiura. And even Yasashi Yoake is by See-Saw, who don't have any relation to Yuki Kajiura as far as I know, at least not beyond both making music for .hack//SIGN.
 
#8
Feb 18, 2011 6:22 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 2622
As far as I'm aware, Kajiura is directly related and involved in both Kalafina and See-Saw.
 
#9
Feb 18, 2011 1:16 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 1646
Seasonreaper said:
As far as I'm aware, Kajiura is directly related and involved in both Kalafina and See-Saw.
Well, I've been wrong before. I should look into this, though, because I am a fan of all 3 of the parties in question.
 
Feb 20, 2011 10:01 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 433
Come on more vote for School Rumble - Sentimental Generation love that one.

I liked several of these this time... always seems I like none or several lol. I'm surprised so many voted for the Spice and Wolf one. I like it but the awkward English just didn't do it for me.
 
Feb 24, 2011 3:35 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 2895
Closed the poll.
 
Mar 26, 2011 11:57 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 4069
kinda late, but.....

AbstractCalamity said:
Seasonreaper said:
As far as I'm aware, Kajiura is directly related and involved in both Kalafina and See-Saw.
Well, I've been wrong before. I should look into this, though, because I am a fan of all 3 of the parties in question.
It's so hard to single out KY-composed tracks in my media library..... something like this in foobar can do it:

%artist% HAS Kajiura Yuki OR %artist% HAS See-Saw OR %artist% HAS Kalafina OR %artist% HAS FictionJunction

Anything starting with FictionJunction is her with the singer afterward...and I might be missing other group aliases she composes under (with different singers, collaborators, etc). She's just done so many collaborations and crediting isn't always clear... like Sayonara Solitia for example where usually you just see Saeko Chiba's name.... but yeah... that should find most of them. Nobody else can really duplicate her style so you can recognize her work right off most of the time. ;D

I am a banana.
 
Top