Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Feb 17, 2011 6:26 PM

Jan 2010
darkerealm said:
Am I the only one who's annoyed with Hattori? I don't like the idea of someone pulling the strings behind my back, even though his intentions were good. He's definitely a sly fox.

Just doing his job. And doing it fairly well. And he's not taking advantage of them.

He knows the people he's dealing with and he takes their needs into account. He's doing his best to challenge them and get the best from them. That's his job.

Remember, they've told him their dream. They've set their sights high. Juvenile behaviour is more likely to interfere with their goals than to help achieve them.
Feb 17, 2011 11:31 PM

May 2010
Bet they are going to write something called Death Note
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Feb 18, 2011 3:17 AM

May 2010
Don't know if anybody else had this happen but like @ 20:09 they're like mad trippin out or sumthin, i dunno maybe its just me :P
Feb 18, 2011 10:52 PM
Jul 2018
Jc staff just cant make anime can they?
The CONTENT for this show is good but everything else is sub par
Feb 19, 2011 9:09 AM

Aug 2010
Mashiro pisses me off so much. He didn't want to write a manga with Takagi anymore because he was freaking jealous of him and Miyoshi? He could be having that same type of relationship with Azuki or whatever but instead they're doing this stupid "wait for our dreams come true" shit. This just proves how fake Mashiro is, being mad at his friend for being happy. I also didn't like the fact that Takagi went back to him so easily but whatever i guess. Last but not least Miyoshi is not annoying at all, actually shes like the only character that really brings life to this series besides Izuma and in real life girls tell their best friends everything so why are you guys acting so shocked about it? Mashiro is the most annoying character out of all of them and he's such a pussy.
"A lesson without pain is meaningless. That's because no one can gain without sacrificing something. But by enduring that pain and overcoming it, he shall obtain a powerful, unmatched heart. A fullmetal heart."
Feb 19, 2011 9:40 AM

Jan 2011
Felt like all that happened was that they went in a big, dramatic circle. >_< Nice epiosde though, I'm really interested in seeing where the detective manga goes.
Feb 19, 2011 2:00 PM

Apr 2009
Yay! I'[m happy now...

seemed so fast, but I'm glad for that.
Feb 20, 2011 7:04 AM

Jun 2010
An episode than surelly will only be used to explain why they're in october.

Hattori is a nice person and i'm hating Miyoshi more and more
Feb 20, 2011 10:48 AM

Aug 2010
Such a nice episode and finally their team is back on.
Feb 20, 2011 4:43 PM

Jul 2009
Wow, Mashiro's so horribly selfish. I mean he's willing to do all that for Azuki who he doesn't even talk to and he won't even give Takagi time to explain? I'm actually pretty amazed how Takagi is sticking with him so far ...
Anyways. Detective story seems interesting. Hattori is nice, trying to make them get back together lol
Next episode looks like they meet with Ku ... something? XD
Feb 21, 2011 7:39 PM

Aug 2008
Hmmmm not a bad episode.... and I totally expected all those reactions from ya... Being a manga reader prepared myself beforehand to enjoy the sheer drama of the episode.... But I do agree in one way.... Somehow the flow of the episode didn't seem right and diminished the impact of the critical moment they lived there since Takagi couldn't fulfil his promise to Mashiro and Mashiro got a bit jealous and pigheaded as he has always been.

Can't blame you guys why some of you hate Miyoshi so bad since she was annoying to me as well, but I realised that she's not really bad and she's just a good and honest person like some other of ya pointed out later on... In fact I do agree that Kaya is way better than Miho. Takagi + Kaya is way better than Miho + Mashiro but...

M+M has a reason why it's like that! Their love is so pure that they challenge themselves to such thing and they're pushed to do such stupid things like all those... And then Mashiro is so closed minded... narrow minded.... Makes things worse right? But have patient with him since he's really good... has his own reasons to be the way he is... So Miyoshi

It's so cool how Hattori discovered they ended up splitting up but ending up with the same idea just with different focuses.... They're really made for each other, not in the gay romantic way but in the pro way... There can't be a a Ashigo Uto or whatever Saiko pretended to name himself when they split if they're not doing a joint project.... It's obviously they lack of the respective skills and they need to support each other to make new and creative stuff.... Well good luck guys.... Looks like thing will get better from now on... Team Fukuda and co. in action!

Signs,
Green
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 22, 2011 8:53 PM

Aug 2009
^^^^
I agree with you 100%
since I'm also a manga reader, but also about miyoshi and mashiro

BnryStr said:
I don't see how Takagi can still trust a guy that would drop him so easily.

if you pay attention Takagi's is to be a mangaka, and he the one that chose Mashiro to work together. So of course he would still trust the person he chose to work with to full fill his dream

billng said:
Yeah Mashiro was quick to cut it off, and he was kind of rude about it too :/
I wonder when they'll make the manga called "Bakuman"

they won't

Feb 27, 2011 8:49 PM

Jul 2008
EvianBubble said:
Wow, Mashiro's so horribly selfish.

Yeah, he is just a horrible character. It annoys me so much to watch him.
Mar 30, 2011 2:30 PM
Mar 2010
nice episode, Hattori is very tactic-man ahahah
Cute Miyoshi, she is reliable girlfriend.... there is one Ashirogi Muto!!!

next to 20th ep
May 5, 2011 2:16 AM
Nov 2010
Cool, they're already back together, Hattori is quite cool, now, make sure you write a good manga!
May 10, 2011 7:52 AM

Aug 2010
I started of liking Kaya, she even was along with Mashiro my favorite character in this series, but now she's just annoying. Shujin is also irritating me, he's always bossing Kaya around so she looks even more lame.

Lol what was with that laugh?
Oct 10, 2011 6:26 PM

Jan 2011
Cannot understand the hate toward Kaya from this episode. Just what were her crimes? She recognized that the two couldn't work as well if they were separated, she was willing to apologize or do anything else to help them work together, she helped Mashiro out by telling him exactly how Takagi worked on names (and spilled the beans about how hard he had been working at her place), she phoned her best friend because she couldn't figure out what to do to improve the situation, she not only continued to support Takagi but also supported Mashiro. What a bitch! Not!!
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Jan 29, 2012 10:17 AM
Jan 2012
haha good ^^
May 9, 2012 10:40 AM

Feb 2012
Ozey said:
BnryStr said:
I don't see how Takagi can still trust a guy that would drop him so easily.

This.

Really, he couldn't do anything on his own so now he wants Takagi back. What the hell. I can't really enjoy the anime anymore, ever since this happened, things like this annoy me like hell.

This and this.
I didn't like Mashiro at the start, he just seems so ungrateful and only give shits about Azuki.
D:< Takagi really stood out like a hundred times more than Mashiro.
May 10, 2012 11:05 PM

Sep 2011
I like what they are doing right now with the Hattori situation. xD
Jun 17, 2012 5:25 PM
May 2012
EvianBubble said:

I second this. Lol seeing Takagi and Eiji team up would be much better!! xD
Aug 16, 2012 1:59 PM

Jan 2011
Great episode, although the drama didn't make any impact to me. It was nice to watch, though.
#1 moment of this episode: Hattori's face at the ending with the apple.
The rest of the preview seems promising, very serious moment with the 3 guys.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Aug 29, 2012 1:50 AM

Apr 2010
Mashiro is a dick.
Sep 17, 2012 6:39 PM

Nov 2011
IF YOU LIKE TAKAGI SO MUCH, WHY DON'T YOU MARRY HIM MASHIRO! was what I was hoping from the text D=.

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
Oct 17, 2012 10:40 PM
Jul 2018

I thought their break up will really last long. Glad it didn't. They are on the same wavelengths after all.
Nov 14, 2012 6:31 AM
Dec 2011
I liked it a lot ^^
I'm glad they're together again. We'll se how this detective story is.
Feb 27, 2013 9:28 AM
Aug 2007
ahhh, I'm glad they got back together.. them breaking up was too sad
Mar 2, 2013 5:30 AM

Dec 2012
Damn. i'm glad they're not breaking up

Mar 24, 2013 3:12 PM

Jul 2010
Okay their "break up" as team was just out of the blue, just because Takagi didn't came up with a new name that Mashiro would like [and damn he's picky], Mashiro decides to go solo? That's just being a jerk if you ask me.

I'm glad they got back as team though but idk, if I were Takagi I would be hesistant to get back in a team with someone who drops you so easily over something as small as not finishing a name before the end of the summer vacation, in the future they'll have to overcome a lot more stress/harsher deadlines.
May 24, 2013 9:14 PM

Jan 2013
Interesting, a bit of drama but it was resolved quickly
Aug 20, 2013 8:21 PM
Mar 2012
It's funny reading comments about Mashiro on here. Maybe it's because I'm 24 but feeling betrayed is perfectly natural in his position. I agree that his "promise" with Mio is unrealistic/overly romanticised but he gave Takagi the entire summer to write a name. He didn't hear a peep from Takagi over the entire summer, saw him kissing Mashiro and later, after working as an assistant and getting inspired while waiting for Takagi to finish, ended up being told his fellow mangaka was writing Mashiro's novel for her instead of finishing the draft.

In the end it was a misunderstanding, but going on responses on here I believe many of you have unrealistic expectations of other people. For your own good try to not judge people as readily in real life because misunderstandings happen all the time.

I personally like both main characters and Takagi is certainly the more understanding of the two, but he's also not forced to wait for himself and his girlfriend to realise their dreams before hooking up.
Dec 10, 2013 11:30 AM

May 2012
Awesome they're back together and well they're going strong with this detective story so let's see what's next!
Dec 14, 2013 5:21 AM

May 2013
Glad theyre back together
Jan 14, 2014 8:09 PM

Aug 2013
I like their new turn, I'm way more interresting in what they can do in the mystery genre than in the action one.

Hattori was clever to not precipitate thing. He's a good editor for them.

It's good to know that Mashiro keeped contact with his last partners.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jan 18, 2014 12:16 AM

Mar 2012
rodac said:
Cannot understand the hate toward Kaya from this episode. Just what were her crimes? She recognized that the two couldn't work as well if they were separated, she was willing to apologize or do anything else to help them work together, she helped Mashiro out by telling him exactly how Takagi worked on names (and spilled the beans about how hard he had been working at her place), she phoned her best friend because she couldn't figure out what to do to improve the situation, she not only continued to support Takagi but also supported Mashiro. What a bitch! Not!!

Yea don't really see the reason to hate her either, apparently some people don't know how an actual bitch of a character would act. Maybe she's too nice and that's why people hate her xD

GarLogan78 said:
EvianBubble said:

Yeah, he is just a horrible character. It annoys me so much to watch him.

After this whole ordeal it does feel a bit annoying watching him. All this shit wouldn't be happening if it wasn't for that retarded relationship him and Azuki have.
DarkShards said:
IF YOU LIKE TAKAGI SO MUCH, WHY DON'T YOU MARRY HIM MASHIRO! was what I was hoping from the text D=.

lol.
Oct 24, 2014 8:42 AM
Oct 2014
Below the word Annoying in dictionary, lies the face of miyoshi.
She is just a buffer character who is simply there to appease a certain demographic.
Hattori, Mashiro or even Takagi may be flawed characters but they are indispensable to the storyline.

You can throw miyoshi out for a season and nobody would notice a thing, but still they keep on giving her more screentime and that irritates the hell out of me.
nihar142Oct 24, 2014 8:45 AM
Nov 19, 2014 10:15 AM

Nov 2013
^ Well as Takagi said she's slowly becoming somewhat of his reason to succeed. So she is important to the story as of now :P
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Dec 17, 2014 8:44 AM
Jun 2013
It was inevitable for them to break up. Mashiro rushing to be serialized is the main problem. And like people were saying before, Mashiro couldn't come up with a name and then wanting Takagi back is really terrible to me. For a while now I have started to dislike Mashiro's character. I'm starting to wish he wasn't the main character anymore.
Mar 26, 2015 6:24 PM
Jul 9, 2016 1:41 PM
Dec 2014
This was fucking retarded why would mashiro break up with Takagi despite having a character he would write a good name for because thats what hes good at, dickhead
Jul 11, 2016 2:49 PM

May 2014
NOW THIS IS SOME FRIENDSHIP YALL

"There is no standing still because time is moving forward" -Greg Lake
Nov 27, 2016 8:27 PM

Sep 2013
The singer for the ED had a voice that makes me think of dragging my fingernails across a big block of chalk and nails. Ugh

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Dec 17, 2016 5:00 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Separated!!! Nearly died!!!

a episode of separation and reconciliation of both protagonists!!! And the ends, both are working in the same series, a detective series!!!
May 29, 2017 11:27 PM

Dec 2014
Wow. I cannot believe some comments here.

I believe you haven't realized the burden Mashiro is carrying from the start of the series. I think you should realize that the reason for both of them (or maybe Mashiro only, since I haven't seen exponential growth on Takagi's side aside from what the editor and Mashiro says to him) having exponential growth is because of Mashiro's promise.

You should realize how much Mashiro is trying to improve his drawing skill (from that Next result (and how a schoolmate of theirs reacted) up to this episode) in anyway possible, to the extent of working with their rivals just to have an idea of what they can improve as a pair. While Takagi already have excellent stories already, the fact that he was not able to develop as much as what is expected of him is problematic. Some of it may be attributed to the fact that he spends more time with Kaya than what he is supposed to be. There is no motivation that matches those of Mashiro's because they are already together. If Takagi's claim causes him to work better then where is the result? Sure, he might have gotten the idea from the time he spent with Kaya, but the fact that he was not able to give an acceptable story until Hattori told him Mashiro's idea (which is also unfair for Mashiro since it is his idea in the first place and it is used without his knowledge) does not really show development.

If Mashiro really wants to be serialized, then he could have gotten the opportunity without thinking about Takagi, but no, he has recognized that Takagi is his friend and he wants to do it with him. He is also ready to contribute his part in order for Takagi to have a greater story only to find out that he is hanging out with her girlfriend when he does not have any plausible story to show. For someone who is breaking his limits in order to create an art that will be regarded by many, it is very disappointing and those actions may be considered that they were not really in the same pace. No wonder he did not mention his idea since the other person is busy working with something different.

I know how much we want to live with an idealist perspective. But here, I will support Mashiro's view on things. Maybe we can see here the differences in their motivations. The fact that Hattori, Takagi, and Kaya did something that caused a hindrance in Mashiro's motivation, thinking that it is better for him, is somewhat sad. They probably don't realize how this motivation brought them to what they are now.

P.S. The fact that it the cellphone novel was used to justify Takagi's wasting of time with Kaya and the fact that up to the last minute it is Mashiro who is apologizing and trying to understand the circumstances of his friends show that this series is giving the burden to him. I think it is not jealousy to expect someone to produce some results while being lovey-dovey to their lovers.

If this is an office setting with the deadline strictly imposed, it will be problematic to all of them.
Aug 11, 2017 9:49 PM

Dec 2015
I knew they couldn't stay separated for long.

I love that they're going to trick Hattori! :D
Dec 13, 2017 6:30 AM

Apr 2015
"If you're trying to become a mangaka, you should honor your deadlines." Bruh Takagi has been trying and it's barely past the goddamn deadline and you're throwing out these accusations

I really think Mashiro and Takagi's editor should have told Takagi from the beginning that Mashiro was doing a detective story from the beginning instead of making it some sort of surprise when Takagi got down to the Jack office. I'm really not sure what the hell the editor is even trying to do...he should really just push them together, since they're definitely going to be working together on the detective manga in the end.

"It was on late at night again, but Azuki became a regular on a second anime." Isn't that always going to be the case unless she gets on a kids' anime?

A month passed during this episode? Gee, time in Bakuman goes by fast...

"Your wavelengths match more with Takagi than me." Is she implying Mashiro is hella gay for Takagi? Because...that seems like a possibility.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
May 25, 2018 7:07 AM

Feb 2018
Takagi deserves a partner that doesn't just drop him so easily and then wants him back cuz he is useless by himself.
Also I feel like all Miho does is smiling while reading emails and writing mails with a fckn lol at the end.
Sep 12, 2018 7:07 PM

Feb 2018
Thank goodness for the boob thing I guess. Because without that, Takagi would probably be way out of Miyoshi's league.

Bit harsh but true.
*Mourning the disappointment of The Promised Neverland season 2.*
Jun 17, 2019 10:14 AM

Jun 2019
Brixjohn said:

You should realize how much Mashiro is trying to improve his drawing skill (from that Next result (and how a schoolmate of theirs reacted) up to this episode) in anyway possible, to the extent of working with their rivals just to have an idea of what they can improve as a pair. While Takagi already have excellent stories already, the fact that he was not able to develop as much as what is expected of him is problematic. Some of it may be attributed to the fact that he spends more time with Kaya than what he is supposed to be. There is no motivation that matches those of Mashiro's because they are already together. If Takagi's claim causes him to work better then where is the result? Sure, he might have gotten the idea from the time he spent with Kaya, but the fact that he was not able to give an acceptable story until Hattori told him Mashiro's idea (which is also unfair for Mashiro since it is his idea in the first place and it is used without his knowledge) does not really show development.

If Mashiro really wants to be serialized, then he could have gotten the opportunity without thinking about Takagi, but no, he has recognized that Takagi is his friend and he wants to do it with him. He is also ready to contribute his part in order for Takagi to have a greater story only to find out that he is hanging out with her girlfriend when he does not have any plausible story to show. For someone who is breaking his limits in order to create an art that will be regarded by many, it is very disappointing and those actions may be considered that they were not really in the same pace. No wonder he did not mention his idea since the other person is busy working with something different.

I know how much we want to live with an idealist perspective. But here, I will support Mashiro's view on things. Maybe we can see here the differences in their motivations. The fact that Hattori, Takagi, and Kaya did something that caused a hindrance in Mashiro's motivation, thinking that it is better for him, is somewhat sad. They probably don't realize how this motivation brought them to what they are now.

P.S. The fact that it the cellphone novel was used to justify Takagi's wasting of time with Kaya and the fact that up to the last minute it is Mashiro who is apologizing and trying to understand the circumstances of his friends show that this series is giving the burden to him. I think it is not jealousy to expect someone to produce some results while being lovey-dovey to their lovers.

If this is an office setting with the deadline strictly imposed, it will be problematic to all of them.

I know It's been 2 years, but I need to reply.

It was Mashiro who selfishly asked Takagi to create mainstream battle-esqe stories, knowing that Takagi had no clue how to write for that side of the Shounen genre. Writers have different styles. Obviously for Takagi to go from an elaborate, dialogue heavy and complex script to a simpler setting with the added pressure of it being NOVEL, original and interesting can be difficult. You forget that even Mashiro took 2 months to deal with using pens. Even the other mangakas that Mashiro worked with agreed that Takagi's writing was extremely interesting. I don't understand your exponential growth formula.

The anime explicitly stated that Takagi wasn't JUST hanging out with his girlfriend, not that there is anything wrong with that. I mean, they're 15 years old. The problem with Mashiro and Takagi's break up was rooted in their lack of communication which led to a series of misunderstandings. The show favours Mashiro's perspective which is why from his eyes it would seem that Takagi wasn't as involved with the manga as he was. BUT LATER, They both indivudally realised how much they loved creating manga and what they lacked in their own skills.

I personally think Takagi is more self-aware. Takagi has always known he needs an artist to make a manga because of this he is humble. Mashiro tends to get caught in his own delusion of his abilities. Although he is observant and has more exposure to the manga world he tends to jump into conclusions ( this same guy thought his Uncle committed suicide). Takagi's guilt led him to be okay with Mashiro working as an assistant. He was also quick to accept that Mashiro would no longer work with him considering his failure in meeting the deadline. He handled everything maturely.

Their pace of working isn't just attributed to Azuki. Both Takagi and Mashiro are precocious teens. They've done relatively well in school so they could provide themselves with a backup and like everyone else their age, they need to make a decision abouth their future around the time they turn 18. Also Mashiro's parents have imposed on them a deadline to prove their performance. Though it is true Mashiro's impatience is centred around Azuki, this IMPATIENCE has been hastened in the episode seeing his best friend enjoying his youth when he can't.

POINT BEING at the end of the day they're still 15 and the episode goes to prove this. Firstly, Hattori's advice is (as he admits himself) a calculated and cynical one, something they couldn't handle and didn't accept. Even Charles Dickens in Great Expectations says "“In the little world in which children have their existence, whosoever brings them up, there is nothing so finely perceived and so finely felt as injustice.”
Secondly, Mashiro is obviously conflicted in his idea of romance, he even texts Azuki to reaffirm his beliefs and resolve to finish the manga before he turns 18. Hattori here as the Adult in the team wants them to achieve maturity before they do so. The only reason Takagi and Mashiro are rushing is because of Mashiro. Like I said before Mashiro obviously feels like his sense of urgency isn't understood by Takagi and is jealous over Takagi and Kaya's more straightforward relationship.

I like to think Mashiros impatience is also just an honest representation of his youth. He wants to be with the girl he loves and although the conditions are complicated he's working his best to meet them.I like them both because they're complex characters. This episode was an exposition of both of their weaknesses and their motivations. It's lovely to see the highstrung Mashiro realise his impatience can be poisonous when at the end of the day the 2 of them are working as a team. ALSO I love Kaya SO MUCH, she's a sweetheart. Of course, it wouldn't work like this in an Office, but, if they were strict and boring like that this anime would be a little too stiff for me knowing that your typical hormonal teenager is more spontaneous.

HappyPicnicJun 17, 2019 10:27 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 5, 2019 4:18 AM
Sep 2019
The development of the story is terrible, there is a lot of not understanding thing in story (how takagi made an interesting and very good (name) and too many other anme in that short time while he didn't make any thing in the whole summer vacation ?? And how couldn't mashiro made any name while in the story author mentioned a lot that mashiro will be ok even if he was alon (eiji said he could do a great job alone).takagi are bad made character,and miyoshi is too annoying me and honestly this episode and last one made me to lose my interesting on series and because of these weak development of story and it senario.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bakuman Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

stevewiess01 - Jan 22, 2011

140 by M1kasaYu1 »»
Apr 14, 4:24 AM

Poll: » Bakuman Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

stevewiess01 - Feb 26, 2011

93 by Karva1 »»
Mar 26, 5:21 PM

Poll: » Bakuman Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

stevewiess01 - Feb 5, 2011

130 by Karva1 »»
Mar 26, 2:20 PM

Poll: » Bakuman Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Kanade-chan - Dec 25, 2010

105 by Karva1 »»
Mar 24, 8:01 PM

Poll: » Bakuman Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

M0ni - Dec 4, 2010

139 by Karva1 »»
Mar 24, 1:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.