Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Feb 13, 2011 10:34 PM

Feb 2011
Just to note, does anyone else think that John Doe is a retarded name?

This eps wins!

Merry = win (more than before)
Yumeji = finally manning up
John Doe (pronounced DUUUU) = new level of cool with his medic kitties
Feb 13, 2011 10:50 PM
Dec 2007
Kurowen said:
Just to note, does anyone else think that John Doe is a retarded name?

This eps wins!

Merry = win (more than before)
Yumeji = finally manning up
John Doe (pronounced DUUUU) = new level of cool with his medic kitties
He does prefer to call himself The Chaser. That said, regardless of the stupid pronunciation, I'd say his name, along with his mask, just reflect the fact he likes to keep his cards close to his vest. John Doe is, after all, the name given to bodies who can't be identified.

Feb 13, 2011 11:32 PM

Feb 2011
Leon-Gun said:
]He does prefer to call himself The Chaser. That said, regardless of the stupid pronunciation, I'd say his name, along with his mask, just reflect the fact he likes to keep his cards close to his vest. John Doe is, after all, the name given to bodies who can't be identified.

Agreed.
Feb 13, 2011 11:36 PM

Oct 2010
Kurowen said:
Leon-Gun said:
]He does prefer to call himself The Chaser. That said, regardless of the stupid pronunciation, I'd say his name, along with his mask, just reflect the fact he likes to keep his cards close to his vest. John Doe is, after all, the name given to bodies who can't be identified.
Agreed.
But that's proves in my section about John Doe that he may be Engi's sister, maybe her looks are not anymore of what she was. I do think the scene of Engi's sister was shown in a distant past.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Feb 14, 2011 8:39 AM

Oct 2008
This anime is great except for one thing... the soundtrack is horrid.
Brings no emotion to the scenes and often times takes away its impact.
I'm highly influenced by BGM while watching any kind of entertainment.

And the music right now detracts greatly from emotional scenes.
Otherwise the series is quite good.
Feb 14, 2011 9:31 AM

Oct 2009
Wow, overpowered power-up for Merry? =P

prismheart said:
Haha, John Doe made the cat girls because he knew Yumeji would like them.

Found out more about the story, so this episode was good. We get some fanservice with the beach so it should be a good episode as well :)
Feb 14, 2011 3:49 PM

Jul 2009
Merry pulled a Piccolo
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Feb 14, 2011 4:27 PM

Dec 2008
Merry's level-up was awesome!!
I'm glad Yumeji is OK!
I'm surprised to learn that the Chaser aka John Doe is an ally.

stevewiess01 said:
Btw, does anyone think Akiyanagi(the boy who just came to Yumeji to hand out a DVD) is Jukai Mistoltin (I don't know the exact spelling of his name), who is going to be the second antagonist character?

I think so too. It was funny how when John Doe was talking about him, he showed up at their coffee shop.

I'm still trying to figure out what's up with the emotionless coffee-drinker chick.
Feb 15, 2011 12:10 AM

Nov 2009
Hopefully things start to heat up and get going, lol beach episode :B
Feb 15, 2011 1:07 AM

Aug 2010
Some pretty serious potential for the Big Bad there, I wonder how they'll fare against them. Loved the ending, they look good with each other. 4/5 because the pacing seemed a bit off, but otherwise it had some interesting elements in it.
Feb 15, 2011 11:41 AM

Jun 2009
Aurao said:
Wow, overpowered power-up for Merry? =P

prismheart said:
Haha, John Doe made the cat girls because he knew Yumeji would like them.

Found out more about the story, so this episode was good. We get some fanservice with the beach so it should be a good episode as well :)

Yeah so don't make Merry angry or she'll get you with her special powers, quite scary and I am wondering about those keys chains, maybe one of those keys can open the door back to the dream world. By the way so far I can't be so sure about John Doe I mean you can't tell if he's good or bad yet, but at least he gave the lowdown on the situation and also healed him.

Feb 15, 2011 3:24 PM

Oct 2007
So the nightmare that killed Serio in episode 2 was Mistoltine and from the sound of it I would say Mistoltine is a female.

Wasabi said:
Merry is probably some kind of gatekeeper of dreams with her keys and hax ability to collapse a dream demon's world.
That is a pretty interesting idea.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Feb 15, 2011 7:02 PM

Jul 2009
Merry was sooooo cute at the end!!!!
Feb 16, 2011 12:48 AM

Jan 2011
The fluffy scenes for the two especially at the end was cute.
The sudden flood of new plot information was kinda confusing though.
And the cases of Dream Loss worries me.
Feb 16, 2011 1:31 AM

Jun 2009
Nice Yumekui Merry got licensed!! Link from ANN
That's the second show Sentai Filmworks got it's license after Infinite Stratos from this shows...

Feb 16, 2011 7:20 AM

Oct 2010
dragon132004 said:
Nice Yumekui Merry got licensed!! Link from ANN
That's the second show Sentai Filmworks got it's license after Infinite Stratos from this shows...
That's good to hear. BD easy buy with subs instead of downloading but I think it's a good choice. It's not over ecchi and acceptable compared to let's say Seikon no Qwaser. That being said Wasabi's theory is not bad because it would invoke that Phalos like I said needs her to make his plan work. I am fearing the worst from that henchman that may be more powerful than him. Plot is getting better.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Feb 16, 2011 7:29 AM

Jan 2011
John Doe is very cool.
I think he maybe related with merry and have key about yumeji.
The world isn't beautiful,Therefore it is.
Feb 16, 2011 1:23 PM
Dec 2007
Siva said:
So the nightmare that killed Serio in episode 2 was Mistoltine and from the sound of it I would say Mistoltine is a female.

Wasabi said:
Merry is probably some kind of gatekeeper of dreams with her keys and hax ability to collapse a dream demon's world.
That is a pretty interesting idea.
She did seem to be a gatekeeper of sorts but she doesn't really remember her past and when she activated her power she wasn't even in control. Plus, John Doe hinted that Merry might have merely been dragged along when that other nightmare forcibly entered the real world.

Feb 16, 2011 9:53 PM

Jan 2009
This series isn't really grasping me by any means, but I'll see how it plays out. There is some potential.
Feb 17, 2011 1:36 AM

Feb 2010
:O Neko nursing. John Doe is more interesting than I thought :P
Feb 17, 2011 5:16 AM
Feb 2009
Omniknight said:
This anime is great except for one thing... the soundtrack is horrid.
Brings no emotion to the scenes and often times takes away its impact.
I'm highly influenced by BGM while watching any kind of entertainment.

And the music right now detracts greatly from emotional scenes.
Otherwise the series is quite good.
totally agree with that, the BGM is ridiculously anti-dramatic... i would rather to have no BGM at all

unorfind said:
have anyone noticed that chaser mask is more like face
it changes expression during his conversation with Yumeji
http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/5971/chaser.png
http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/338/chaser2.png
i think that is just a matter of from which angle u see the mask (from above or from below)
oblivious is a bliss
Feb 17, 2011 3:58 PM

May 2009
Chaser John Doe is back and he's still awesome!
And three possible villains, huh? Takateru has always been rather creepy, so I'd be glad if it were him.

(Side note: In a lot of languages, 'oe' is pronounced 'u' [Not "you", but the 'u' sound], so it wouldn't sound so silly if John Doe were not an 'English' name. But it is, so still silly, but he's an awesome character, so I'll overlook it.)
Feb 18, 2011 7:21 PM

Jul 2008
I thought the BGM during Yumeji's chat with John Doe was really odd and distracting. Other than that, I enjoyed the episode. The plot is thickening.
Feb 25, 2011 1:56 PM

Aug 2010
Hmm...... The explanation episode I glad he's now awake
Mar 1, 2011 3:05 PM
Mar 2010
oooohhh plot becomes interesting, really!!! John Doe is might character, I think he isn't definitely bed or good, probably he will be allies for yumeji.....
I suspect on two chara: Violet-hair girls (I don't remember her name), Guys that carries DVD (I don't remember his name, too) and I think Isana will be very important role in this plot....
next episode is classic beach clichè.... mhààà...

next to 7th ep
Mar 1, 2011 6:36 PM
Oct 2007
A good episode with Chaser John Doe around <3
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 8, 2011 9:29 AM

Dec 2010
John Doe is a pimp I tells ya!

Yumeji is lucky to be bandaged up by them oh man hahah

Merry was a friken boss too with that crazy ass ultimate. There was like wearing a key bracelet on her wrists...maybe she controls dream demons or something like that? :o

there is definitely something going on with the red haired girl and akiyanagi. Perhaps it's pharos and the demon who loves to torture humans respectively.

May 1, 2011 2:11 PM

Jul 2010
Yumekichi11 said:
I really regret not watching this episode twice. Merry was so over 9000 it was amazing! Drama revolving around Yumeji and his wound were perfect. They played on my emotional state about its direct effect on Merry’s sadness, which in turn affected me because I feel head over heels in really liking Merry. She is really a great character so far to me this season. Merry really melted some viewers hearts with the following,

really superb well chosen as both art and how it reflects that moment.

Not only does John Doe have style but taste in knowing what we here like about girls. Everything about them in spoiler
from licking their paws to each being one of delicious DFC and the other big breasts made it great for some minor fan service. What’s interesting is that they used some sort of gelid apart from the bandage. Wonder what it is exactly from? They sure gave Yumeji the nice treatment.

i also watched the whole episode twice and i watched the GAR scene with yumegi and merry like 5 times. for some reason i'm really likeing how their relationship is goin, these 2 arent that shy and they arent afraid to show they care about each other, even if saying it is a bit embarrasing. but yea love the scene at the end where they make up.

dragon132004 said:
I've made up my mind THIS SHOW IS AWESOME...
Yumekui Merry is starting to rock and showing how awesome it can be especially with all those new villains introductions it set the premises for our story and made some points clear yet it post new questions mysteries and offered new entrainment that touch the viewers, that just makes you can't get enough of it. It has many cool things that I so missed from nowadays shows.

One of my favorite scenes was Neko maids.. That was really a Total Win, its a nice treat from the anime directors.. Heck even Yumeji looked like a real badass in that scene.

i love this post, says everything i wanted to say, and the cat maids are awesome, wish they stayed with yumegi, lol
yumegi actually looks like a boss in the pic, lol
supermegasonicMay 1, 2011 2:17 PM

Jun 20, 2011 8:58 PM

Mar 2010
It's been a while but, I'm back again! (^_^)d Anyway, great episode! You got to love those 'rage-power up moments'. Especially the well executed ones! Merry was pretty fun to watch this episode, and got emotional to an extent to which even I was surprised to see. The preview looks pretty promising, too! Looking forward to the next!
Jan 6, 2012 5:25 PM

May 2010
The only thing I regret about the next episode is that I don't see a way for the cat maids to join in. I wonder if they're going to do the fanservice with the same strange pace they've been doing the rest of the episodes? That would be ... interesting.
“Money can't buy dere”
Sep 1, 2012 5:09 AM

May 2012
Great episode especially wit the cats and how merry reacted on the end was totally lovely!
Apr 16, 2014 2:14 AM

Oct 2009
DAT big boobed cat girl :3

I am guessing that Sensei is Phalos(?)
Dec 3, 2014 12:13 AM

Sep 2012
Awesome episode. Oh Gee, I wonder what the next episode will be?
Jan 23, 2015 12:16 AM

Nov 2012
John Doe and Pussycats :DDD
May 13, 2015 2:39 AM

Dec 2008
The fact that dude didnt have a giant scar to make himi look BADASS across his torso, is a plot hole. So he can cut himself on a can in the daydreams and it persists in the real world...but not a real deal wound?....show just went down a point by not adhering to its own mythos.
Sep 22, 2015 9:19 AM

Mar 2010
It is obvious who the culprit is who is already in the real world.. Unless im mistake it seems to be the red hairee girl who came in the cafe.

Nice episode
May 29, 2016 10:44 AM

Apr 2009
Brutal murder coming up, is what i predict _xD
-sorrow is a frightening thing -w-

-i wasn't sure what to think at first, if it was the teacher or the blonde guy- but i suspect the blonde guy most now.
I like to comment Episodes as i Watch them.
Aug 10, 2023 11:04 AM

Dec 2022
How did the psychotic sword demon woman survive? Merry completely destroyed her dream world before she could "retreat", and it showed both her and the world disintegrating. There's no explanation for her being alive.

John Doe's portrayal here is surprising. He sees utility in Yumeji due to his ability to enter daydreams so easily, and reveals some more forbidding figures and demons waiting in the wings.

Shaded Horizon

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yumekui Merry Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Kuro4735 - Jan 6, 2011

189 by Limi »»
Jan 6, 5:20 AM

Poll: » Yumekui Merry Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

stevewiess01 - Apr 7, 2011

180 by waalex11 »»
Sep 12, 2023 8:12 PM

Poll: » Yumekui Merry Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Blackbird - Mar 31, 2011

82 by Archean-Return »»
Aug 10, 2023 6:25 PM

Poll: » Yumekui Merry Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Mar 24, 2011

97 by Archean-Return »»
Aug 10, 2023 5:42 PM

Poll: » Yumekui Merry Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

stevewiess01 - Mar 3, 2011

86 by Archean-Return »»
Aug 10, 2023 4:07 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.