Forum Settings
Forums
Feb 10, 2011 1:41 AM
I did see all the anime xxxHolic but I want to know what happened after.
So from what chapter should I start? Or should I read Tsubasa Chronicle first? I did hear that the anime is not so good as the manga , so should I read only the manga?

And tell me if I need to read/watch something else that I did not write ( some site story or what do I know what ).

Please help because I did read a few manga until know and I don't really know yet how to find all and in eng.

Feb 10, 2011 7:32 AM

Yes, definitely read the Tsubasa manga instead of the TV anime. Not only does the TV anime have horrific amounts of filler and padding, it also gets cut short before the best parts of the manga. The OVAs are well-done, but they only cover about five volumes of the manga.

Reading/watching Cardcaptor Sakura will help you understand the last story arc of the Tsubasa manga slightly better, but it's not really necessary.

As for whether you should read xxxHolic or Tsubasa first, I'd recommend reading Tsubasa until you catch up to wherever the xxxHolic anime left off, and then reading them both concurrently. If you read either first, it will spoil some of the plot twists in the other story, and you will be confused by some of the references to the other work. I should know - I read Tsubasa without xxxHolic, and it was quite confusing at points.

Feb 10, 2011 8:03 AM

Hethran is quite right. Also be sure to see:

Cardcaptor Sakura movies

1 Tsubasa Chronicle: Tori Kago no Kuni no Himegimi
2 Tsubasa Chronicle: Tokyo Revelations*
3 Tsubasa Chronicle: Shunraiki*

and

xxxHOLiC Shunmuki*
http://myanimelist.net/anime/6864/xxxHOLiC_Rou
(I want more, more, more of this OVA!)
-animeS - The plural of anime is anime. More than one deer is still deer. There is no damn "s".
-epic |ˈepik| noun•a work portraying heroic deeds/adventures covering an long period of time - adjective • heroic/grand in scale or character
Active Military, Prior Service, and Veteran's Anime Club
http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=25937&time=1299710079

Feb 10, 2011 9:28 AM
Thanks for your helps:D

I did now know that there will be a xxxHOLiC Rou:| Well now I will get and read Tsubasa Chronicle first:D
And about Cardcaptor Sakura, should I see only the movie (1,2 and 3 too? ) or should I see all the anime ( 70 ep ) or is it the same situation as Tsubasa? ( the manga is better than the anime ) , in that case should I read only the manga? ( I prefer anime , sorry for any manga over anime fans like my best friend:P )

Feb 10, 2011 11:58 AM

There are only 2 CCS movies.

You have to watch the actual anime, because the first movie is a side-story in the middle of the seasons, and the second movie takes place after the end of the series. You can watch them, but if you only watch them and not the series, you'll have no idea what's going on.

And it's one of the few series that I feel the anime is far better than the manga- the characters and storyline are far more fleshed out in the anime.

Feb 10, 2011 12:19 PM

Hethran said:
I read Tsubasa without xxxHolic, and it was quite confusing at points.

Haha, I was the opposite! I was always more fond of xxxHOLiC than TRC so I read xxxHOLiC first until about volume 11 or 12, where it starts really tying closely with TRC. So, around there, I had to go and read TRC...from the beginning! xD That meant quickly reading through a good 100 chapters or something.

Please note that, even with the two series together, you will likely be confused at times. It's CLAMP, after all.

If you've watched the xxxHOLiC anime and haven't read the manga, you should probably know that the anime took out or changed a lot of things from the manga. I didn't like it, so I never ended up watching the entire anime series ^^;; But, for example, Kohane's arc ends up much different than in the anime. As a result, I'd suggest just reading the manga from the beginning because later events in the manga will make more sense.

Feb 10, 2011 4:58 PM

Tsubasa Chronicle: Tori Kago no Kuni no Himegimi is a filler movie, no?

As for Cardcaptor Sakura, it depends. If your primary motivation for reading/watching it is to better understand Tsubasa, read the manga, as the anime apparently has a lot of filler in the form of extra Clow cards. If, however, you want to enjoy it for itself and time isn't an issue, follow sweetpea's advice, as I haven't watched the anime and can't compare them. Feel free to read/watch it concurrently with Tsubasa - the Cardcaptor Sakura references are unimportant until the second half of Tsubasa.

Feb 10, 2011 6:10 PM

Hethran said:
Tsubasa Chronicle: Tori Kago no Kuni no Himegimi is a filler movie, no?

Yes, it is. It's basically a lengthened TRC filler episode with better-than-average visuals. The plot is hardly groundbreaking and is average at best.

I did enjoy the accompanying xxxHOLiC movie better, though.

Feb 11, 2011 4:26 AM
Sweetpea said:
There are only 2 CCS movies.

You have to watch the actual anime, because the first movie is a side-story in the middle of the seasons,[...].

I will see than the anime first (CS) , but can you tell me around what episode should I watch the fist movie?
After I will read both of the mangas from the beginning:D (H and TRC).
I do have a time issue so it will take some weeks or even moths ( I still have some other anime to watch ) but now I know what and how I will need:D

Thanks everyonne for your help:)

Feb 11, 2011 11:24 AM

The first movie should be watched after you finish the first season, which ends at Episode 35, and before the second season starts (Episode 36)

The second movie should be watched after you finish the tv series entirely.

Hope this helps!

Feb 11, 2011 12:36 PM
Yeah it does:D